What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

live Grateful Dead (2 Viewers)

Deal, Sugaree, and especially Viola Lee are his best moments on guitar this summer imo.  I keep waiting for him to totally rip a St. Stephen but it hasn't come together yet imo. 

I was always a Bob guy, love his vocals. That being said, I wish he would stick to the Bob tunes and just give JM the Jerry ones.  I hate when they go back and forth.  The West L.A. Fadeaway's from last fall were hot, and it was all JM I believe.  Last time I heard them play it they were trading off vocals.  It was subpar compared to fall.  

I am also getting a little sick of all the heads on reddit saying "wow, they are so much better then the fall."  First of all, you were not listening in the fall.  You were complaining that it wasn't Jerry, and Negging it every chance you had.  Second, it wasn't worse.  It was different, but not worse.  I think it was actually better personally, but I like freestyles, creativity, and just ending up where you end up. Reddit guy, please stop with that.

This summer feels VERY controlled and choreographed.  I still LOVE it, but I wish it was a little less unplanned.  I am really excited about Fenway and will have a great time I am sure.  Mini rant over.   
I'm on the fence about hitting the Fenway shows.  I'd love to go as I think they are sounding great but Fenway sucks for a show.  

I have a couple of friends that are gonna go with me to Fenway on Saturday but we don't have tickets.  I'm hoping those  $25 tickets pop up like at Citi field.

This Red Rocks release is my second favorite so far (Sunshine Daydream).  It's not just the sound, but the set list is almost perfect.  I keep playing it over and over.  It has even pulled me away from all the Dead and Company I have been spinning.

I played American Beauty yesterday.   Still love that Suger Magnolia just like when we wore it out in college.  Attics, Ripple, and Broke are perfection. I'm happy I threw it on.

Wake of the Flood and specifically Weather Report Suite has always been my person favorite studio moment. American Beauty came close.  Two different things, but both are perfect imo.

I have been on a 1970 kick lately.  Love the raw power and energy from almost everything that year.  Unfortunately it seems to be lacking proper soundboards thanks to "the man".  
'77 and '73 used to be my favorite years (with '74 and '72 close behind), but loving the July '78. In retrospect, maybe it is a little more loose and edgier (dangerous?), '77 has been described by some as more almost antiseptic, sterile perfection. At some point, Jerry's vocals (and later playing) began to suffer according to what substances he favored at the time. '78 has been characterized as an important dividing line, variously as the end of their classic period or beginning of the end. The July shows were recovered from a long lost cache of Betty Boards, none of which were previously in the vault, and I think the 1st (Arrowhead Stadium, KC - Willie Nelson Festival, one long set), 3rd (St. Paul, MN) & 5th (Omaha, NE - VERY poorly attended as were a few dates on this swing of the tour, only 100-200 people in like a 10,000 seat arena, they still put on a GREAT show, though) were not circulated at all among collectors? Incidentally, the sound is PHENOMENAL. Music always takes primacy (what would be the point of a wonderfully recorded poor music?), but I tend to not listen to poorly recorded, ill sounding audio, no matter how good the actual music itself. The ultimate, of course, is great music well recorded, and these are outstanding on both counts, excellent intersection of songs, playing and audio quality. On that subject, The Grateful Dead Movie ('74 immediately pre-hiatus, released '77) and I think also Closing of Winterland ('78, not sure about release date) are in 5.1 surround for those with the home theater capability, and sound awesome - especially the former.          

What’s Become of the Bettys? The Fate of the Long-Lost Grateful Dead Soundboards

http://www.relix.com/articles/detail/whats_become_of_the_bettys 

* Sunshine Daydream great, too, good call (Dark Star!  :) ). 

http://i.imgur.com/x72blAj.jpg

Estimated Prophet - 7/1/78 Arrowhead KC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GjTDINsjXU

Not sure if below provenance same as recent Betty Board set or AUD, but recording not bad, and example given for playing and style (they are so in the pocket, they are like those jeans that have a pocket INSIDE the pocket). 

>>>Eyes of the World - 7/5/78 Omaha NE<<<

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW4omySiXc8

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a couple of friends that are gonna go with me to Fenway on Saturday but we don't have tickets.  I'm hoping those  $25 tickets pop up like at Citi field.
Do some homework on this.. Fenway has some really terrible spots for sound.  I was on the GA Floor near the soundboard so I was good, but a lot of people had issues with sound. 

tone1oc said:
Do some homework on this.. Fenway has some really terrible spots for sound.  I was on the GA Floor near the soundboard so I was good, but a lot of people had issues with sound. 
Will do, thx.

They released a bunch of turf tickets for tonight's show on the box office site, mostly B1 & B7 which are good for sound but pretty loud as you are facing the speaker set up.  I suspect they will release tickets for tomorrow's nights show sometime Sat morning.

I have two buddies heading up tomorrow and I'm most likely going but still on the fence as I would ideally like a ticket in hand.  I suspect prices to start dropping a ton for tonight's show in a couple of hours at sites like Stubhub.

Yeah, I just saw that.  I really don't want to drop $400 to take my eleven years old with me and I hate going solo.  My buddy was up for tomorrow night, would I may try and hold out for that one.  C5 is tough to pass on though.....

You are in R.I. also, right?  Are you guys driving in?  I was gonna.

Yeah, I just saw that.  I really don't want to drop $400 to take my eleven years old with me and I hate going solo.  My buddy was up for tomorrow night, would I may try and hold out for that one.  C5 is tough to pass on though.....

You are in R.I. also, right?  Are you guys driving in?  I was gonna.
I was mostly pointing out that these really good seats for tonight's show just opened up today which tells me that most likely the same thing will occur tomorrow night.

Yeah, my buddy in Portsmouth is driving up tomorrow afternoon.  I'm not too keen on heading up without a ticket secured though.

I ended up going to Fenway on Saturday, and we scored great seats right in front of the soundboard from the box office. It was a great time and a great show.  

They have been streaming alot of the shows on Nugs, and I typically have a view of it from a red it guy.  I pay for them if not.  It's like $30 a show, but you can buy in bulk also.  These web casts have been OUTSTANDING!  

The best one that I have seen so far was last weekend at the Gorge.  I'm not sure if it had anything to do with the band's pregame, or the great sound, but it was the coolest show yet imo.  It was a solid set list and the guys were REALLY into it, especially late first, early second set. The Eyes was really cool Apple Jack, and it was what I was listening to in the car when I made the silly SG comment. Check out the show if you can, I have most on Lougle drive now.  

I ended up going to Fenway on Saturday, and we scored great seats right in front of the soundboard from the box office. It was a great time and a great show.  

They have been streaming alot of the shows on Nugs, and I typically have a view of it from a red it guy.  I pay for them if not.  It's like $30 a show, but you can buy in bulk also.  These web casts have been OUTSTANDING!  

The best one that I have seen so far was last weekend at the Gorge.  I'm not sure if it had anything to do with the band's pregame, or the great sound, but it was the coolest show yet imo.  It was a solid set list and the guys were REALLY into it, especially late first, early second set. The Eyes was really cool Apple Jack, and it was what I was listening to in the car when I made the silly SG comment. Check out the show if you can, I have most on Lougle drive now.  
That's because Otiel dosed for that show!!!  :thumbup:

Check it https://www.instagram.com/p/BIP_MN7gPo2/?hl=en

John Mayer just doesnt have that "feel" IMO, good guitarist but cannot hold a candle to jerry
Stop.  The kid is perfect for this.  

I have a bunch of the Dead and Company shows on the Lougle Drive and I'm gonna watch the Gorge again right now.  That Eyes is an all timer imo. 

John Mayer just doesnt have that "feel" IMO, good guitarist but cannot hold a candle to jerry
I dont think anyone is even trying to compare JM to Jerry....I think fans are just happy to have a fun option to enjoy these awesome songs after a too long break.....rumor has it JM and Weir booked with their solo stuff through next summer.....hoping for anoither tour as soon as possible...

Hey fellas, I have what is basically a dead/phish cover band, with a little allman bros, Zappa, Floyd, etc. out of MI. 

https://m.facebook.com/HellinaB/

check out the vids, feel free to berate me for mixing dead/phish, or whatever. We did a little post production work on some audio, but pretty much just redoing some vocals and a few parts here and there. There are some high quality audio/video links from our page with full versions of some of the tunes. 

Edit: I play bass

Hey fellas, I have what is basically a dead/phish cover band, with a little allman bros, Zappa, Floyd, etc. out of MI. 

check out the vids, feel free to berate me for mixing dead/phish, or whatever. We did a little post production work on some audio, but pretty much just redoing some vocals and a few parts here and there. There are some high quality audio/video links from our page with full versions of some of the tunes. 
Awesome.  You guys sound great.  Come to Tree Fort in Boise March 2018

siffoin said:
Awesome.  You guys sound great.  Come to Tree Fort in Boise March 2018
We are more the weekend warrior type, we all have day jobs and families. We do bring all the light production as well, so those are what the shows look like. Basic idea is to play once a month and have 4-6 venues to rotate throughout the year.

Snorkelson said:

Edit: I play bass
Sounds awesome!

Fall tour announced.  Will be hitting Columbus.

Nov. 12    Madison Square Garden    New York, NY United States    

Nov. 14    Madison Square Garden    New York, NY United States    

Nov. 16    Wells Fargo Center    Philadelphia, PA United States    

Nov. 17    TD Garden    Boston, MA United States    

Nov. 21    Capital One Arena    Washington DC, United States    

Nov. 22    XL Center    Hartford, CT United States    

Nov. 24    Little Caesars Arena    Detroit, MI United States    

Nov. 25    Nationwide Arena    Columbus, OH United States    

Nov. 28    Spectrum Center    Charlotte, NC United States    

Nov. 29    Philips Arena    Atlanta, GA United States    

Dec. 1    American Airlines Center    Dallas, TX United States    

Dec. 2    Frank Erwin Center    Austin, TX United States    

Dec. 5    Smoothie King Center    New Orleans, LA United States    

Dec. 7    Amway Center    Orlando, FL United States    

Dec. 8    BB&T Center    Sunrise, FL United States    

I hate running, but have decided that it is the easiest and best way for me to move my body a few days a week.

I put on 5/8/77, start Scarlet Begonias and keep running until the end of Fire. It's about a 2.5 mile run from my house around the lake and back. Can't quite make it back before the song ends, but that's my goal. Makes the run enjoyable and I probably look like a fool as I rock out to certain parts 

I ended up with 2 extras for Columbus.  I'd like to sell to someone at face value rather than mess with stub hub.  If you're intersted, PM SHUKE.

Fall tour announced.  Will be hitting Columbus.

Nov. 12    Madison Square Garden    New York, NY United States    

Nov. 14    Madison Square Garden    New York, NY United States    

Nov. 16    Wells Fargo Center    Philadelphia, PA United States    

Nov. 17    TD Garden    Boston, MA United States    

Nov. 21    Capital One Arena    Washington DC, United States    

Nov. 22    XL Center    Hartford, CT United States    

Nov. 24    Little Caesars Arena    Detroit, MI United States    

Nov. 25    Nationwide Arena    Columbus, OH United States    

Nov. 28    Spectrum Center    Charlotte, NC United States    

Nov. 29    Philips Arena    Atlanta, GA United States    

Dec. 1    American Airlines Center    Dallas, TX United States    

Dec. 2    Frank Erwin Center    Austin, TX United States    

Dec. 5    Smoothie King Center    New Orleans, LA United States    

Dec. 7    Amway Center    Orlando, FL United States    

Dec. 8    BB&T Center    Sunrise, FL United States    

Apologize for being out of the loop...... is this the same as Fare Thee Well a couple years back? Regret missing out on that. 

I ended up with 2 extras for Columbus.  I'd like to sell to someone at face value rather than mess with stub hub.  If you're intersted, PM SHUKE.
Ooooh...I may have a reason to PM shuke.  I need to check a few things in my schedule first.  Make some space in that inbox!

Users who are viewing this thread