Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corporation

16 Team H2H Dynasty

Scoring:

Passing Yard 0.013

Rushing/Rec Yard 0.025

Passing TD 1

Rush/Receiving TD 2

Return TD 2

Tackle 0.2

Assist 0.1

Sack 1

INT 1.5

Forced Fumble 0.5

Safety 1

I have a really great offense in a very deep, long time dynasty league. What should I concentrate on D? I've picked up Laurinitis and Chung with 2 of my 3 draft picks, don't pick again until late 5th. I will usually start a 3-4 base (2 DE, 1 DT, 4 LB, 2 CB, 2 S). May also run a nickel swapping a LB for a S.

QB Warner, Palmer, Leinart, O'Sullivan

RB M. Turner, C. Johnson, D. Williams, L. McClain, Mo Morris, GreenEllis, R. Jennings

WR R. Moss, G. Jennings, S. Smith (NYG), Manningham, Doucet

TE Cooley, Celek, Tamme

PK Hanson, SeaBass

Now it's not as pretty

DT Wilfork, Shaun Smith

DE A. Brown, Canty (possible move to DT?), Antonio Smith, T. McBride (may become an LB?)

LB Tatupu, Laurinaitis, Dhani, Pisa, Brandon Johnson, Keaiho, Boss Bailey

CB Dunta, Bodden, C. Webster, Kelly Jennings

S Horton, A. Rolle, Chung

I like Wilfork. Brown is solid but not great, gaping hole at the 2nd DE. I have a little hope for Smith, Mario should command most of the attention. I'm good with Tatupu and Laurinaitis. Dhani should be OK manning the middle in Cincy. Not sure what to expect out of Pisa, and the last 3 are just fillers. CBs are okay, I expect Dunta to have a bounce back and I think Bodden will do okay in the Pats scheme. Webster is okay as well. Jennings is trash. I really like Chung long term, not sure about this year. Horton is pretty solid, and our scoring has enough big play components that Rolle may be adequate. I don't expect another 78 tackle campaign from him, but I would think he would get more than 1 pick.

Here are the IDPs who have been drafted. Anyone I should target if available? I don't pick again for awhile, have 2 picks left in the 5th (we are just starting the 4th now).

Laurinaitis, James STL LB

Curry, Aaron SEA LB

Matthews, Clay GBP LB

Maualuga, Rey CIN LB

Maybin, Aaron BUF DE

Orakpo, Brian WAS DE

Ayers, Robert DEN DE

English, Larry SDC DE

Moore, William ATL S

Raji, B.J. GBP DT

Levy, DeAndre DET LB

Jackson, Tyson KCC DE

Brown, Everette CAR DE

Delmas, Louis DET CB

Chung, Patrick NEP S

Thanks for the help!

At LB Pisa's been cut, and Dhani is a stopgap talent. While the remaining LB's aren't spectacular, you never know what may pan out, and Williams might be able to beat out one of your depth LB's or even Pisa if he doesn't latch on anywhere useful.

I'd seriously think about trying to use the rookie corner rule to grab a guy who will get playing time at corner with one of your remaining picks.

At LB Pisa's been cut, and Dhani is a stopgap talent. While the remaining LB's aren't spectacular, you never know what may pan out, and Williams might be able to beat out one of your depth LB's or even Pisa if he doesn't latch on anywhere useful.I'd seriously think about trying to use the rookie corner rule to grab a guy who will get playing time at corner with one of your remaining picks.

Pisa got picked up by the Bears and is expected to be the SLB unless something happened last night.Williams wasn't on my radar so I'll check him out. Mitchell was picked right after Chung, as was Jenkins, who I was looking at. I'd be interested in Vontae Davis if he is available when I pick.

Vontae would be worth a look...as would Alphonso Smith (Den).

In a deep league like this I think one of them is worth rostering and keeping an eye on through camp/preseason.

Who knows, one of them may get a starting nod and get picked on.

Vontae would be worth a look...as would Alphonso Smith (Den). In a deep league like this I think one of them is worth rostering and keeping an eye on through camp/preseason. Who knows, one of them may get a starting nod and get picked on.

:shrug:Adding Alphonso to the watch list. Also added DJ Moore, I liked what I saw of him in college but haven't read up on his combine numbers.

Vontae would be worth a look...as would Alphonso Smith (Den). In a deep league like this I think one of them is worth rostering and keeping an eye on through camp/preseason. Who knows, one of them may get a starting nod and get picked on.

:XAdding Alphonso to the watch list. Also added DJ Moore, I liked what I saw of him in college but haven't read up on his combine numbers.
Couple of possibilities:-Michael Johnson DE, Cincinnati-Paul Kruger DE, Baltimore-Connor Barwin DE, Houston

:goodposting:Adding Alphonso to the watch list. Also added DJ Moore, I liked what I saw of him in college but haven't read up on his combine numbers.
Couple of possibilities:-Michael Johnson DE, Cincinnati-Paul Kruger DE, Baltimore-Connor Barwin DE, Houston
Well owners are in the wheelhouse of taking defensive players now. Alphonso Smith, Jason Williams, and Michael Johnson gone. Thanks for the other guys, they are definitely on my list.