What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (5 Viewers)

I love the movie Harold and Maude, so when I first saw this , I liked it.

But I failed to anticipate the impact of repeated viewings. Now, not only do I want to grab every T-Mobile MyTouch I see and smash it into pieces, I'm also not sure I can truly enjoy Harold and Maude any more. What could possibly be worse than a commercial that not only annoys you but also ruins one of your favorite movies?

This is one of the best threads on the FFA right now.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this one or not and I doubt many of you have seen it unless you watch some upper level cable stations like the ever wild Ivestigation Discovery Channel or the ultra hip Biography Channel, but the Bare Minerals commercial gives me homicidal rages. It airs nearly every commercial break, is probably 90 seconds long and the chicks in there are as obnoxious as they are ugly.

"Bare Minerals IS my miracle."

"It's easy to talk about something you love and I LOVE Bare Minerals!"

Die.

Oh, and now that winter approaches, I think it's high time to unleash the fine craftwork that is

The Amish have set a strict limit of two per customer, and you do not want to piss off the Amish.

This is one of the best threads on the FFA right now.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this one or not and I doubt many of you have seen it unless you watch some upper level cable stations like the ever wild Ivestigation Discovery Channel or the ultra hip Biography Channel, but the Bare Minerals commercial gives me homicidal rages. It airs nearly every commercial break, is probably 90 seconds long and the chicks in there are as obnoxious as they are ugly.

"Bare Minerals IS my miracle."

"It's easy to talk about something you love and I LOVE Bare Minerals!"

Die.

Oh, and now that winter approaches, I think it's high time to unleash the fine craftwork that is

Yeah, they'll be committing non-violence on your sorry ### if you pull that business.

I certainly can't buy more than two, for that's my limit!
Two is all you can buy. That's right, folks.. the Amish have set a strict limit on how many you can buy. And remember, when you buy the handsome wood enclosure, the fireplace is free.
:goodposting: :goodposting: :lmao: A writer got paid to actually pen that. I love this country.
Now imagine the pitchman was Billy Mays or Vince.
You can't pair those guys up with the Amish. Well, pairing up Billy Mays with anyone right now would be weird. But the Amish deserve a straight-laced, no-nonsense, serious business pitch man like the one they have."Strict Limit"....I'd like to see Vince serious business that line.

Now imagine the pitchman was Billy Mays or Vince.
You can't pair those guys up with the Amish. Well, pairing up Billy Mays with anyone right now would be weird. But the Amish deserve a straight-laced, no-nonsense, serious business pitch man like the one they have."Strict Limit"....I'd like to see Vince serious business that line.
Vince does that: "If you call now, within the next twenty minutes, because we can't do this all day . . ." :thumbdown:

Berman's Nutrisystem commercial

The video recording is awful, but it's fitting of the content. Where do we start?

1. Berman hasn't lost any weight. You're fooling no one. He looks awful, even after they try to make him look slimmer.

2. Berman should never be praised for anything involving physical appearance.

3. Dan "Glam Man" Marino? WTF? I hope I'm hearing this wrong.

4. "Guys... you can do this!" Don't lecture me you fat ####.

5. Every commercial has the "back back back" garbage. Of course this is no different. Does anyone like that line?

This video is, sadly, more viewable than other things on Youtube featuring Berman:

Berman's Nutrisystem commercial

The video recording is awful, but it's fitting of the content. Where do we start?

1. Berman hasn't lost any weight. You're fooling no one. He looks awful, even after they try to make him look slimmer.

2. Berman should never be praised for anything involving physical appearance.

3. Dan "Glam Man" Marino? WTF? I hope I'm hearing this wrong.

4. "Guys... you can do this!" Don't lecture me you fat ####.

5. Every commercial has the "back back back" garbage. Of course this is no different. Does anyone like that line?

This video is, sadly, more viewable than other things on Youtube featuring Berman:

Are you completely missing Golic's horrible "BURGERS, PIZZA........POT ROAST!!! REAL FOOD FOR REAL GUYS!" or is that on a different commercial spot?

Are you completely missing Golic's horrible "BURGERS, PIZZA........POT ROAST!!! REAL FOOD FOR REAL GUYS!" or is that on a different commercial spot?
Same ad series, but different commercial.My biggest problem with that ad is how completely GROSS the pot roast looks. I mean, at least lie to us and show a picture of some giant, fatty roast that looks great. Instead, I think they showed the real meal. :goodposting:Another commercial in this series features Jillian Barbarie. She catches a weak football pass and says, "how many girls can do that?"Golic's horrible line: "HEY! Get back in the game!" Makes me want to steal money from a Girl Scout.

Thoughts?

Had my back to it yesterday and finally swung around in anger, ready to punch the TV. I'm not ready for 2 minute commercials yet...
Too long, but a pretty clever parody. Not sure how I would deal with it on an infinite loop - - like the Geico or the Prius commercials - - but I liked it when I just watched it, for the first time.

To date I still have no idea what they were going for here. The chick is probably pretty in normal lighting with her hair not pulled back severely, but WITH the bizarre lighting and no hair, not to mention the insane mannerisms she's affecting, I keep waiting for her to have a lizard tongue bust through her skull and right at the screen, or to begin speaking like a demon, or something. Unbelievably off-putting. I will never buy what they're selling.

Mr. Pickles said:
Red Eyed and Blue said:
Same ad series, but different commercial.My biggest problem with that ad is how completely GROSS the pot roast looks. I mean, at least lie to us and show a picture of some giant, fatty roast that looks great. Instead, I think they showed the real meal. ;)

Another commercial in this series features Jillian Barbarie. She catches a weak football pass and says, "how many girls can do that?"

Mike "All I Ate Was" Golic "Bread"'s horrible line: "HEY! Get back in the game!" Makes me want to steal money from a Girl Scout.
Fixed.

I hate This Commercial for so many reasons:

It is Brett Favre - blech. Go mow a field or pick some taters. Jut reture

He is wearing Green Bay colors - Viking ingrate

At 0:15 the guy on the left is totally uncovered - terrible defensive coaching. Someone call timeout! Also it looks like 6 vs. 4. - WTF?

At 0:18 - how the f##k did that guy get so f##king open? What kind of BS coverage is that? And he is white! We are not talking Andre Johnson here! Then with the whole field to work with Favre leads his WR directly into the big cold wet puddle - what an ###!

Then Favre throws his hands in the air in celebration. Hey monkey boy if you made a better pass you WR could have strolled into the end zone untouched but instead dislocated his knee and can't work his job as security guard at the local flea market this Saturday whcih means his family goes on food stamps. Nice job Brett.

At 0:21- we all know this play has no chance of working. I am tired of his gunslinger attitude

at 0:24 - gratuitous shot of Favre's hillbilly buttocks - is this really necessary?

At 0:28 - Once again we see terrible broken coverage.And once again it is Favre's WR that makes the play which allows Favre to look like a better player than he ever really was. Why are there two guys sitting on a bench in the middle of a mud swamp cheering? CHEERING!?!?!?!?! Get it the game you Nancys!!!! And quit stroking the ego of that pill popping cheesehead.

And Bad to the Bone is on of the most overplayed songs evah!

I hate Wranglers – they are for fat pre-teen kids in the Midwest.

I hate This Commercial for so many reasons:

It is Brett Favre - blech. Go mow a field or pick some taters. Jut reture

He is wearing Green Bay colors - Viking ingrate

At 0:15 the guy on the left is totally uncovered - terrible defensive coaching. Someone call timeout! Also it looks like 6 vs. 4. - WTF?

At 0:18 - how the f##k did that guy get so f##king open? What kind of BS coverage is that? And he is white! We are not talking Andre Johnson here! Then with the whole field to work with Favre leads his WR directly into the big cold wet puddle - what an ###!

Then Favre throws his hands in the air in celebration. Hey monkey boy if you made a better pass you WR could have strolled into the end zone untouched but instead dislocated his knee and can't work his job as security guard at the local flea market this Saturday whcih means his family goes on food stamps. Nice job Brett.

At 0:21- we all know this play has no chance of working. I am tired of his gunslinger attitude

at 0:24 - gratuitous shot of Favre's hillbilly buttocks - is this really necessary?

At 0:28 - Once again we see terrible broken coverage.And once again it is Favre's WR that makes the play which allows Favre to look like a better player than he ever really was. Why are there two guys sitting on a bench in the middle of a mud swamp cheering? CHEERING!?!?!?!?! Get it the game you Nancys!!!! And quit stroking the ego of that pill popping cheesehead.

And Bad to the Bone is on of the most overplayed songs evah!

I hate Wranglers – they are for fat pre-teen kids in the Midwest.
It's not that bad.

Another commercial in this series features Jillian Barbarie. She catches a weak football pass and says, "how many girls can do that?"
Has the Better Business Bureau or any regulatory agency called them out for her weight loss claims -- she was freaking pregnant fer chrissakes. Baby, placenta and bodily fluids is about 12 pounds lost in the span of five minutes.

Thoughts on the Sprint commercial, featuring a smack-talking "Tracy Palmer", decked out in her Steelers garb...sure love to run this commercial during football.

Also curious on the OP's thoughts of the ubiquitous Olive Garden commercials, where black and white families dine together and laugh hysterically at each other's witty banter.

Thoughts on the Sprint commercial, featuring a smack-talking "Tracy Palmer", decked out in her Steelers garb...sure love to run this commercial during football.Also curious on the OP's thoughts of the ubiquitous Olive Garden commercials, where black and white families dine together and laugh hysterically at each other's witty banter.
"No menu needed!""Have you heard about our never-ending pasta bowl?""Wait a minute..."[laughtrack]

Thoughts on the Sprint commercial, featuring a smack-talking "Tracy Palmer", decked out in her Steelers garb...sure love to run this commercial during football.Also curious on the OP's thoughts of the ubiquitous Olive Garden commercials, where black and white families dine together and laugh hysterically at each other's witty banter.
"No menu needed!""Have you heard about our never-ending pasta bowl?""Wait a minute..."[laughtrack]
"BWAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA"

I love the whole concept of a "never-ending pasta bowl". Is there a cheaper and more filling food to offer "all you can eat" than pasta?

I love the whole concept of a "never-ending pasta bowl". Is there a cheaper and more filling food to offer "all you can eat" than pasta?
Yeah, I'm with you. Pasta can be so heavy and when it hits the gut, it hits it hard. Can't imagine needing several helpings.I've been to Olive Garden before, but it's been years and I can't remember anything about it. Is there anything they offer than anyone would want endless of?

I've been to Olive Garden before, but it's been years and I can't remember anything about it. Is there anything they offer than anyone would want endless of?
Breadsticks. Fortunately, those are endless. If you can get decent service.I like the Olive Garden overall. Salad, breadsticks, and lunch portion of lasagna are fine by me. Their hokey ads have always been the suck though.

JZilla said:
Red Eyed and Blue said:
I've been to Olive Garden before, but it's been years and I can't remember anything about it. Is there anything they offer than anyone would want endless of?
Breadsticks. Fortunately, those are endless. If you can get decent service.I like the Olive Garden overall. Salad, breadsticks, and lunch portion of lasagna are fine by me. Their hokey ads have always been the suck though.
I've been waiting on the call for them to just shoot remakes of my dates from ages 18-25 as the ads. They'd pretty much be rolling. Chicks under 25 dig the garden.

Red Eyed and Blue said:
Maroney=Sped said:
Red Eyed and Blue said:
Mr. Pickles said:
Yeah, I'm with you. Pasta can be so heavy and when it hits the gut, it hits it hard. Can't imagine needing several helpings.I've been to Olive Garden before, but it's been years and I can't remember anything about it. Is there anything they offer than anyone would want endless of?
Here's the trick. Get two red sauces to eat there, then order a heavier white sauce, move it around your plate a bit, and then ask for a box. Voila, you have lunch for the next day. One of the best things I learned in college.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great commercial. And you can't honestly be serious about "no wonder this country is a wreck".
seriously...he wants to #### the plumber (who could have an STD) so bad, that he breaks down and pours dog food into the toilet right in front of his wife?
He has a great point here, Shuke.I do like looking at the hot plumber, though....so it's not my least favorite commercial. But Hack seems to have you outgunned in this one.

Whichever ad firm Pizza Hut is using needs to catch swine flu and fall into the Pacific after an earthquake. The "JACKPOT" commercials were bad enough, but I've got a real problem with their new spot.

In this new commercial, Pizza Hut management secretly 'TAKES OVER' a famed hot wings establishment in some anonymous town. The patrons are served hot wings by the same staff, chug the same beers and watch a multitude of televisions planted all over the walls. They look happy eating their wings, as evidenced by the plethora of high fives and ear-to-ear grins the wings plant on their faces.

Then, all of a sudden....****BREAKING NEWS****....Somebody of stature and great importance grabs the mic to ask "How did you like the wings???" He is met with cheers and applause "WE LOVE THE WINGS, IMPORTANT GUY!!!".

And then...THE BIG REVEAL!!!!11 "Would it surprise you to learn that these wings are actually....PIZZA HUT WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!"

:lmao: :eek: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Though I can't be certain, I think I saw one guy gag himself in the corner before the commercial fades to black.

I don't know where to start here. First of all, Pizza Hut is using the old, tired 'blind taste test' concept, which has been done to death (and better, I might add) by others. Second, they want us to believe that a restaurant allowed them to clear out the joint furtively, and give them carte blanch to sell exclusively their food items. Because we all know that every person who goes to a hot wings joint orders nothing - NOTHING - but hot wings. Nobody ever orders a salad or a chicken sandwich or a burger. No, people just order hot wings and nothing but hot wings. :goodposting: Lastly, Pizza Hut expects the viewer to believe that the patrons were STUNNED to learn that Pizza Hut could actually produce tasty hot wings. Is that the message they should be sending? That people are shocked to discover a food company can do more than just make pizza? That they can branch all the way out into hot wings? As if chicken wings require a culinary PhD from France to produce? Hasn't Dominos been pushing hot wings for years? If that purveyor of puke can do it, why would citizens be surprised to learn Pizza Hut can master the feat?

Thoughts on the Sprint commercial, featuring a smack-talking "Tracy Palmer", decked out in her Steelers garb...sure love to run this commercial during football.

Also curious on the OP's thoughts of the ubiquitous Olive Garden commercials, where black and white families dine together and laugh hysterically at each other's witty banter.
"No menu needed!""Have you heard about our never-ending pasta bowl?"

"Wait a minute..."

[laughtrack]
Here's the trick. Get two red sauces to eat there, then order a heavier white sauce, move it around your plate a bit, and then ask for a box. Voila, you have lunch for the next day. One of the best things I learned in college on dates.
Fixed.

Great commercial. And you can't honestly be serious about "no wonder this country is a wreck".
seriously...he wants to #### the plumber (who could have an STD) so bad, that he breaks down and pours dog food into the toilet right in front of his wife?
:shrug:

Worst commercial currently running has to be the three construction workers trying to figure out the very difficult 5 dollar footlong song.

Whichever ad firm Pizza Hut is using needs to catch swine flu and fall into the Pacific after an earthquake. The "JACKPOT" commercials were bad enough, but I've got a real problem with their new spot.In this new commercial, Pizza Hut management secretly 'TAKES OVER' a famed hot wings establishment in some anonymous town. The patrons are served hot wings by the same staff, chug the same beers and watch a multitude of televisions planted all over the walls. They look happy eating their wings, as evidenced by the plethora of high fives and ear-to-ear grins the wings plant on their faces. Then, all of a sudden....****BREAKING NEWS****....Somebody of stature and great importance grabs the mic to ask "How did you like the wings???" He is met with cheers and applause "WE LOVE THE WINGS, IMPORTANT GUY!!!". And then...THE BIG REVEAL!!!!11 "Would it surprise you to learn that these wings are actually....PIZZA HUT WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!" :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Though I can't be certain, I think I saw one guy gag himself in the corner before the commercial fades to black.I don't know where to start here. First of all, Pizza Hut is using the old, tired 'blind taste test' concept, which has been done to death (and better, I might add) by others. Second, they want us to believe that a restaurant allowed them to clear out the joint furtively, and give them carte blanch to sell exclusively their food items. Because we all know that every person who goes to a hot wings joint orders nothing - NOTHING - but hot wings. Nobody ever orders a salad or a chicken sandwich or a burger. No, people just order hot wings and nothing but hot wings. :yes: Lastly, Pizza Hut expects the viewer to believe that the patrons were STUNNED to learn that Pizza Hut could actually produce tasty hot wings. Is that the message they should be sending? That people are shocked to discover a food company can do more than just make pizza? That they can branch all the way out into hot wings? As if chicken wings require a culinary PhD from France to produce? Hasn't Dominos been pushing hot wings for years? If that purveyor of puke can do it, why would citizens be surprised to learn Pizza Hut can master the feat?
they did the same thing with their pasta meals... :yucky:

Worst commercial currently running has to be the three construction workers trying to figure out the very difficult 5 dollar footlong song.
:lmao: Just edges out the Olive Garden spots which isn't easy to do.And I thought the Kohler's spot was pretty funny. I didn't fall on the ground laughing but compared to most of the dross being pumped out it's in the upper echelon.

Users who are viewing this thread