What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (2 Viewers)

Bull Dozier said:
My wife is infatuated with Jon Bon Jovi, and I enjoy pointing out to her how old he looks in these commercials every time they are on.
And the song is something about turning back time which i assume is a more recent hit of JBJ or the group? I haven't kept up since New Jersey album in 1989, everything after that is pretty fuzzy. 

I also find it mildly amusing that he is ripping the guy on the couch and starts potential divorce proceedings and is mocking everyone for looking old and yet as you say...I actually think for 55 or whatever age he is, not that bad. He isn't Axle FatCow Rose

And the song is something about turning back time which i assume is a more recent hit of JBJ or the group? I haven't kept up since New Jersey album in 1989, everything after that is pretty fuzzy. 

I also find it mildly amusing that he is ripping the guy on the couch and starts potential divorce proceedings and is mocking everyone for looking old and yet as you say...I actually think for 55 or whatever age he is, not that bad. He isn't Axle FatCow Rose
Not to take this on a Bon Jovi, but I'm pretty sure it is an original song.  He hasn't written anything this catchy in the last decade.

Lemme get a Mc Pick two (flashes gang sign) :X :X :X :X

Also

"Some people know how to make an entrance. There are others who thrive under pressure such as a chef in a busy kitchen. Then there are those who reject the status quo. These types of people share something in common, it's that they have no problems passing the competition up and taking control."

The douchery of that ad makes me sick.  That is all.

Dasani blonde chick. It's a conundrum because on silent she's about a 7.5.  maybe close to an 8. Volume on and it drops to a 4. The fact that it's on EVERY YouTube video just grates on me.

Lemme get a Mc Pick two (flashes gang sign) :X :X :X :X

Also

"Some people know how to make an entrance. There are others who thrive under pressure such as a chef in a busy kitchen. Then there are those who reject the status quo. These types of people share something in common, it's that they have no problems passing the competition up and taking control."

The douchery of that ad makes me sick.  That is all.
These McPick two commercials are awful.

Nobody says please. Just "Yo, lemme get a McPick two, #####!"

if I worked there, I'd pick my nose twice and put it on their burgers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive seen at least a 100 Paul Giamatii related Century Link commercials but I still don't understand why having a particular cable service woukd make me feel like a Hollywood insider.

I do like that they green screen Paul into those scenes though. That makes me chuckle.  "I'm not actually going to be on set with THOSE people, right?"

Ive seen at least a 100 Paul Giamatii related Century Link commercials but I still don't understand why having a particular cable service woukd make me feel like a Hollywood insider.

I do like that they green screen Paul into those scenes though. That makes me chuckle.  "I'm not actually going to be on set with THOSE people, right?"
Ha, I never noticed the green screen before.  I'll have to look for that next time.

That particular marketing effort has run its course, though, I'd agree.

liana becker in the viberzi commercials just confuses me.  I mean, I think she qualifies for the oddly attractive forum, the unitard gives her cans a large appearance, but I don't understand the unitard with the stomach diagram on it.  I don't understand this at all.  she is an annoyance, yet she is helpful and attending business meetings, while collating reports.  I wish my irritable bowel syndrome was that helpful.

also want to point out and shame every 'dumb dude' or 'idiot dad' commercial.  can be any commercial, but more often than not, usually dad or the husband is some idiot living in a giant large house.  if this guy is this big of an idiot, how is he even employed?  this formula seems rampant.

also want to point out and shame every 'dumb dude' or 'idiot dad' commercial.  can be any commercial, but more often than not, usually dad or the husband is some idiot living in a giant large house.  if this guy is this big of an idiot, how is he even employed?  this formula seems rampant.
Think about every sitcom for the last 25 years or so too. 

liana becker in the viberzi commercials just confuses me.  I mean, I think she qualifies for the oddly attractive forum, the unitard gives her cans a large appearance, but I don't understand the unitard with the stomach diagram on it.  I don't understand this at all.  she is an annoyance, yet she is helpful and attending business meetings, while collating reports.  I wish my irritable bowel syndrome was that helpful.
True, it makes less sense than the cartoon bowel ads bowels, who are at least consistently unhelpful.

Four guys in a Prius.  

Cops realize to catch a Prius, you have to be in a Prius.

"Guys.. what is THAT?!?"

The Bon Jovi commercials for DirecTV deserve another mention. I never liked him but to witness him becoming a sad parody of himself with that stupid song in a TV commercial is almost too pathetic to bear.
It always seems like he knows exactly how terrible it is too at the end of his tune. He stares into the camera and just gives you that look of shame and disgust.

You'd think he would give a smirk or show any kind of satisfaction then. He seems to not care if he's wanted... dead or alive.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.  You seem to think he wants to runaway, where as I don't think he realizes his career is livin' on a prayer.

I am not keen with the Trivago man.  Also, there is a febreeze commercial where the mom says to her son he needs to wash his room.  I have never washed a room in my life.

whoa... I didn't realize it before, but you just summed it all up perfectly.

the wife and I had a discussion after watching this about whether she'd feel good about having that on her reel- national big pharm ad and the good payday... or miserable that she'll probably be forever known as big-canned annoying IBS chick. not sure how many roles she'll parlay from that.

whoa... I didn't realize it before, but you just summed it all up perfectly.

the wife and I had a discussion after watching this about whether she'd feel good about having that on her reel- national big pharm ad and the good payday... or miserable that she'll probably be forever known as big-canned annoying IBS chick. not sure how many roles she'll parlay from that.
are there any ilana becker pics out there?  I am too lazy to google.  she might be lilying (att) some sweater puppies.

So I saw this weekend there is a new Chevy commercial where all of the "real people" who are not actors are surprised that Chevy brought home a bevy of different awards.  How can they expect us to either a) believe they can continue to find this many people who still wouldn't automatically recognize this guy as a Chevy pitchman or b) expect us to be swayed by people who apparently are so clueless that they can't recognize the Chevy pitchman?

Also, there is a febreeze commercial where the mom says to her son he needs to wash his room.  I have never washed a room in my life.
Did they change the actors in this commercial at some point?  I remember seeing this commercial last year, and I recently saw it and it's the same exact commercial except at least one of the people in it is different.  Drove me crazy for a minute and still don't know if I'm just imagining it.  

Edit: Alright, bugged me enough to look it up.  WTF?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwEPKTn4ies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlT8VcWz3LY

Did they change the actors in this commercial at some point?  I remember seeing this commercial last year, and I recently saw it and it's the same exact commercial except at least one of the people in it is different.  Drove me crazy for a minute and still don't know if I'm just imagining it.  

That is weird.

The girls are cuter in the second one.  I approve of the change.

Bull Dozier said:
So I saw this weekend there is a new Chevy commercial where all of the "real people" who are not actors are surprised that Chevy brought home a bevy of different awards.  How can they expect us to either a) believe they can continue to find this many people who still wouldn't automatically recognize this guy as a Chevy pitchman or b) expect us to be swayed by people who apparently are so clueless that they can't recognize the Chevy pitchman?
Who?

Ignoratio Elenchi said:

Same brand, different product.

Users who are viewing this thread