What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (3 Viewers)

The General said:
The guy in the commercial about the rapping teacher and his piece of #### microsoft surface needs to crash into the jerk singing "Sweet Caroline" in his Hyundai or whatever he's driving.
The remainder is the remainder that remains. Horrible. I want to take a weed whacker to his hair.

If there's an elephant in the room, he's probably banged it. He is, some random, tall, goofy Hispanic accent guy and not very interesting at all. 

Stay thirsty mi amigos. 

We will. All they have here is doseques to drink.

In those GNC commercials, when the scrawny fake sweaty dude fist bumps Frank Thomas, I try to imagine how much Frank is holding back so he doesn't knock the guy through the cinderblock wall.

All the breast cancer awareness ####. Who isn't aware? It makes the majority of us vomit, especially stage IV people. Just saw on an am show today this doc implying that if you catch it early you can be cured. WTF? First off, doc, there is no cure. You can only hope to be NED (no evidence of disease) for the rest of your life. Second, there are a lot of folks stage 0 and I who do progress at some point to stage IV. Quit making it sound like you are safe from progressing if you catch it early!

Next is all the pink #### they advertise sell. I literally laughed my ### off at the store when I saw bananas that had pink ribbon stickers on them. WTF? Another is the cheap pink plastic license plate frames. Everything you can think of has some sort of think pink #### on it. And the proceeds, if any of it really goes to bc research, is like less than 5% if even. The area that needs to most research and gets the least funding is stage IV. But they probably figure those people will expire  relatively soon.. If you want to find a cure, research the stage IV folks. They all will die from this disease and have 1 foot in the grave already.

Bossman said:
LOVE the dilly dilly commercial.

HATE tv or radio commercial for Kars for Kids. That jingle is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
I have donated a car before.  Probably will again.  I can guarantee it will not be to Kars for Kids.  Their advertisements are so bad I wouldn't even consider rewarding them for that POS.

You can't fool me, Chevy. You shaved the beard off your dooshy spokesman but his weasely voice still gives him away. 
These Chevy adds ....

They're pimping the fact that they won an award for initial quality. ...

so I take that to mean ...when the car was purchased, "initially", it wasn't defective. Doesn't seem like much of an accomplishment.

Many car companies selling defective cars off the lot?

How about you tell us where your cars rank after 3 years of warranty work and recalls? I'm guessing Chevy comes in just below Kia and one slot above Dodge.

You can't fool me, Chevy. You shaved the beard off your dooshy spokesman but his weasely voice still gives him away. 
These Chevy adds ....

so I take that to mean ...when the car was purchased, "initially", it wasn't defective. Doesn't seem like much of an accomplishment.

How about you tell us where your cars rank after 3 years of warranty work and recalls? I'm guessing Chevy comes in just below Kia and one slot above Dodge.

ZING!!

Take that Chevy!

These Chevy adds ....

I still have a 9 year old impala. You can set you watch to the crap that will go wrong when the warranty runs out.  I've got a laundry list of stuff that is broke.

My 11 year old mazda? One window button sticks and the blinker is now manual.  BFD. 

My wife asked me if that commercial was filmed in Asheville. I just said "no idea"

Mesmerizing.
Lol.  If she was asking in seriousness--I'm like 99.9% sure that commercial was filmed in Los Angeles in the area between the fabric and the fashion districts.   I am in that general area a lot for work and I'm fairly certain that some of the buildings in the backdrop of the commercial are from that vicinity. 

Special K - Women Eat!?  Who knew........I don't get this campaign.

In the 30-second clip, the brand takes a moment to remind us of all the great things that women do saying, “Women are amazing. Our bodies grow babies. We run marathons, companies, solve problems.”

All correct. But, the reason they say we can do this? “We eat.”

That’s right; Special K is exposing the fact that women consume food. Shocker.

But, it doesn’t stop there. They even go as far as to describe the sorts of food women eat and, believe it or not, that includes chocolate.

“We eat almonds, strawberries, quinoa,” it continues, “and yeah, we eat chocolate.”

Kellogg's Raisin Bran Crunch Apple Strawberry TV Commercial, 'Fishing'

On a father-daughter fishing trip, the duo pokes fun at each other. The girl tells her dad, who's eating a bowl of Kellogg's Raisin Bran Crunch, that his crunching is scaring away all the fish. Despite his noisy chewing she ends up catching one, but it's so small her dad jokes that they'll be eating cereal for dinner.

Playing Warren Zevon's Werewolves on London on loop in the background makes this interaction even more dopey.  What does the song have to do with this dopey ad?

It’s about a really well-dressed, ladies’ man, a werewolf preying on little old ladies. In a way it’s the Victorian nightmare, the gigolo thing. The idea behind all those references is the idea of the ne’er do-well who devotes his life to pleasure: the debauched Victorian gentleman in gambling clubs, consorting with prostitutes, the aristocrat who squanders the family fortune. All of that is secreted in that one line: “I’d like to meet his tailor.” ~Jackson Browne

Users who are viewing this thread