What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (2 Viewers)

Hey Geico how about lop off about 25% of your ad budget and pass along the savings to the customers. You guys have ads pretty much every commercial break, we get it already.
They could start by killing off their characters. Maybe someone should run over that pansy gecko.

"Von, Von.. you, uh, gotta sec?"

"What's up coach?"

"I uh... found this... in your locker?"  

"Coach!  I'm delicate what the hell are you doing snooping around in my locker?!"

Publisher's Clearing House commercials annoy me................now they are using that awful cher song to advertise something.

I think PCH is a scam...............no idea what is going on with all these people winning zillions of dollars but it never being reported on.

You can't fool me, Chevy. You shaved the beard off your dooshy spokesman but his weasely voice still gives him away. 

Every time that annoying Verizon guy rides around on his scooter talking about the Pixel and oil and balsamic, I visualize a car speeding through the office and running him over. 

We were watching Survivor last night and the Verizon/Pixel commercial comes on.  My wife has the remote and realizes we started watching late, so starts to fast forward.  I yell, "Wait! Maybe this is the time he gets run over!"  Wife and son look at me like I'm crazy, so I explain myself.  Wife now looks at me like I'm a stupid idiot, but son is cracking up.  He says, "Ooooh.  I'm going to start doing that with that annoying Chevy guy.  Maybe one of the cars will suddenly turn on and hit him."

We were watching Survivor last night and the Verizon/Pixel commercial comes on.  My wife has the remote and realizes we started watching late, so starts to fast forward.  I yell, "Wait! Maybe this is the time he gets run over!"  Wife and son look at me like I'm crazy, so I explain myself.  Wife now looks at me like I'm a stupid idiot, but son is cracking up.  He says, "Ooooh.  I'm going to start doing that with that annoying Chevy guy.  Maybe one of the cars will suddenly turn on and hit him."
Chevy guy meets Stephen King's Christine would be cool.

Not that I hate the SKYY Vodka commercials on podcasts (at least they're short), but every time I hear "Make. Every day.," I think of her.

Leroy Hoard said:
As far as those Christmas car ads go, I'd be more thrilled with the big pile of cash she blew on the stupid car & giant ribbon.
how did the car, which is brand new and sitting in a snow storm, get to the house on xmas day?

Somewhere.....blah, blah, blah (show yuppies and hipsters being cool).......A CORONA GETS ITS LIME!   And it gets repeated over and over again.  

A Corona gets its lime???  Seriously?  Way to ruin what used to be some great commercials with a super gay "catch-phrase".

Just go back to the palm tree with xmas lights, a hammock, and some crickets, por favor.  It works, and the Corona doesn't need its god damm lime in that beach shack, trust me.

Somewhere.....blah, blah, blah (show yuppies and hipsters being cool).......A CORONA GETS ITS LIME!   And it gets repeated over and over again.  

A Corona gets its lime???  Seriously?  Way to ruin what used to be some great commercials with a super gay "catch-phrase".

Just go back to the palm tree with xmas lights, a hammock, and some crickets, por favor.  It works, and the Corona doesn't need its god damm lime in that beach shack, trust me.
Still less gay than a Michelob Ultra commercial 

Leroy Hoard said:
As far as those Christmas car ads go, I'd be more thrilled with the big pile of cash she blew on the stupid car & giant ribbon.
Told my wife if she ever bought me a car for Christmas like in the ads, my first question would be "Who did you cheat on me with?"

She replied with "You wouldnt wonder if I won the lottery"?

OK, so I've railed on the Chevy commericials and the preposterousness of being able to find people that can't instantly recognize the Chevy guy as the pitchman.  I experienced the following on Thanksgiving, and I can't figure out if it should go here or in the "Funny things your kid said" thread.

So my step daughter, 20, is home from college and watching the Macy's parade Thanksgiving morning.  I of course can't stand that crap, so I'm just in and out of the room.  I walk in as a commercial break starts, and its the one with three cargo containers, and the Chevy guy is asking which trust company has the most towing capacity, or whatever thing he's testing these people on.  I have this seen a thousand times already (and I instantly recognized the bearded Chevy dude) so of course I know what the answer is.  My step daughter apparently doesn't watch as many sporting events on TV, so she says "if this isn't a Dodge commercial, that's a pretty big miss for them."  I look confused at her, not really caring about her comment about Dodge, but shocked she doesn't know the Chevy guy.  She misinterprets my look and explains "Dodge trucks are pulling all of the floats in the parade, so I hope this is their commercial."

Andy Dufresne said:
WHY ARE THEY WATCHING TWO DIFFERENT THINGS...TOGETHER!?
I haven't seen this commercial, but this happens all the time.  My wife and I will sit down to watch something and she spends the whole time looking at her phone.

Or, we have friends of ours who contsantly complain about each other.  The wife watches garbage like 15 and Pregnant, or other teen drama when they go to bed, so he pulls out the iPad and watches Netflix.  This happens all the time as far as I know.

Unless I misunderstood what is going on in the commercial. :unsure:  

I haven't seen this commercial, but this happens all the time.  My wife and I will sit down to watch something and she spends the whole time looking at her phone.

Or, we have friends of ours who contsantly complain about each other.  The wife watches garbage like 15 and Pregnant, or other teen drama when they go to bed, so he pulls out the iPad and watches Netflix.  This happens all the time as far as I know.

Unless I misunderstood what is going on in the commercial. :unsure:  
Yeah but you guys are old and familiar with each other. This guy still hasn't sealed the deal and needs to be on his best behavior. That includes watching whatever she decides they're watching 

Users who are viewing this thread