Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Mr. Pickles

I post my least favorite commercials here

On 10/10/2018 at 2:07 PM, Bull Dozier said:

I know this is the hate thread, but I love the newest progressive commercial which is effectively mocking the Chevy commercials, which are still the worst ones running.

Yes. This is still the worst commercial going right now. Progressive ad people are smart to rip them.

• Like 2

On 10/16/2018 at 7:18 AM, Tom Servo said:

Any commercial/PSA where you have different people repeating the same line over and over and over again.

Any commercial/PSA where you have different people repeating the same line over and over and over again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

The Aaron Rodgers insurance commercials with his agent competing with an insurance agent.  The only sport agent that was ever a sympathetic figure was Jerry McGuire.  For a guy that is pretty entertaining, his commercials in the last few years have been very meh.

20 hours ago, Vanilla Guerrilla said:

The Aaron Rodgers insurance commercials with his agent competing with an insurance agent.  The only sport agent that was ever a sympathetic figure was Jerry McGuire.  For a guy that is pretty entertaining, his commercials in the last few years have been very meh.

Disagree. I love the delivery of the line "I did not expect to get an arch rival today, but here we are."

The second in the series is meh, but they is potential here.  Of course they are only entertaining a few times and quickly get overplayed so no matter how good they are, we will see them a million times after they become tired regardless. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

Disagree. I love the delivery of the line "I did not expect to get an arch rival today, but here we are."

The second in the series is meh, but they is potential here.  Of course they are only entertaining a few times and quickly get overplayed so no matter how good they are, we will see them a million times after they become tired regardless. 

I've seen two other ones in the series and they stink.  The line you quoted is the only good thing about it.  It's only going downhill.

5 minutes ago, Foosball God said:
15 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

I've seen two other ones in the series and they stink.  The line you quoted is the only good thing about it.  It's only going downhill.

Doesn't help that A-aron's agent sounds like Kermit the Frog. 

#Banana in the tailpipe.

Smarmy little kid doing the bottle flip thing on the Subway commercial.  

• Like 2

On 10/17/2018 at 8:52 AM, shuke said:
On 10/16/2018 at 6:18 AM, Tom Servo said:

feisty shuke.

Any commercial that states we will match their price or give it to you for free. 

On 10/16/2018 at 3:29 PM, Chemical X said:

every political ad.....

I approved this message is unbelievably stupid.  How in the world do they still think they should do it?

21 hours ago, nirad3 said:

I like how they are on the cutting edge of the bottle flipping phenomenon. 

Oh this isn't 2016? Carry on..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bull Dozier said:
23 hours ago, nirad3 said:

I like how they are on the cutting edge of the bottle flipping phenomenon. 

Oh this isn't 2016? Carry on..

Anything to distract you from thinking of Jared.

21 minutes ago, Hov34 said:

Anything to distract you from thinking of Jared.

Baby bottle flip from table?  Ok, fine.  Among family I'd cheer too.

What's not cool is the four kids all flipping it at the same time and then celebrating.  Watch the boy on the far right...gotta say he didn't nail his bottle flip.

It's a commercial...couldn't they go for 500 takes to have all four get it right?  Weak.

This black Friday GMC commercial where the wife gets his and her fitbits and the man buys the trucks.

This commercial bugs the absolute #### out of me.  

"I love it." 

"Oh, that one's for me."

"I LOVE IT!"

"But..."

"I LOVE IT!!!!!"

"#### you."     Hate that woman. :hot:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Jayrok said:

This black Friday GMC commercial where the wife gets his and her fitbits and the man buys the trucks.

"I love it." 

"Oh, that one's for me."

"I LOVE IT!"

"But..."

"I LOVE IT!!!!!"

One of the all time worst... My kids and I cringe every time it's on.  Which, during last night's game was 9 times (that we counted). 

It's no wonder GM is having difficulty between these commercials and the "Chevy Guy"...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jayrok said:

"I love it." 

"Oh, that one's for me."

"I LOVE IT!"

"But..."

"I LOVE IT!!!!!"

Love her

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, shuke said:

Love her

Her looks or her entitled attitude?

1 hour ago, Jayrok said:

Her looks or her entitled attitude?

I'm with Shuke here.  Hot, likes to drive trucks, doesn't pitch a fit that her man just spent over 100k on two depreciating assets.  Sounds like a keeper.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

An attractive woman who knows what she wants.  Hot.

To each his own.  If she wants the truck then let's go trade the red one for a truck.  "I didn't realize you hated the red suv."  "No, I want this one because it is MINE."  

Just another reminder that the woman is always right and the man, if he wants to keep the peace, is a yes man in today's society.  

On the other hand, it's just a commercial.  Some like it.  I may be in the minority, but I don't.  

2 minutes ago, shuke said:

An attractive woman who knows what she wants.  Hot.

Never said she wasn't hot.  Yes, she is.  

1 minute ago, Jayrok said:

To each his own.  If she wants the truck then let's go trade the red one for a truck.  "I didn't realize you hated the red suv."  "No, I want this one because it is MINE."  

Just another reminder that the woman is always right and the man, if he wants to keep the peace, is a yes man in today's society.  

On the other hand, it's just a commercial.  Some like it.  I may be in the minority, but I don't.  

Aren't they are both trucks, just different colors?

Just now, Foosball God said:

Aren't they are both trucks, just different colors?

Pickup and large SUV.  I like the pickup best.  Apparently the man did too but if he wants the pickup, he'll have to go trade the red suv in for another pickup.  Probably lose some money in the exchange, but no big deal, as long as the Mrs gets what she wants.  

Just now, Jayrok said:

Pickup and large SUV.  I like the pickup best.  Apparently the man did too but if he wants the pickup, he'll have to go trade the red suv in for another pickup.  Probably lose some money in the exchange, but no big deal, as long as the Mrs gets what she wants.  

You're right on it being an SUV, but I blame this more on the dude not knowing how hot his wife is and how she wanted a truck not an SUV.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Foosball God said:

And I didn't say I liked the commercial, just that she isn't the reason to hate it.

I think it's a funny/effective spot for GMC and it's just a commercial, of course.  it just hits a nerve with me because there are women I know close to our family that are just like that.  I get you a nice gift but it isn't good enough.  You shun my gift to you and instead want to take what I chose for me.  I have an in-law like that and it grates on me.  

1 minute ago, Foosball God said:

You're right on it being an SUV, but I blame this more on the dude not knowing how hot his wife is and how she wanted a truck not an SUV.

:lol:  Well that is true.  

13 hours ago, Jayrok said:

"I love it." 

"Oh, that one's for me."

"I LOVE IT!"

"But..."

"I LOVE IT!!!!!"

She’s hot 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Jayrok said:

"I love it." 

"Oh, that one's for me."

"I LOVE IT!"

"But..."

"I LOVE IT!!!!!"

"You love it eh?  Why don't we step inside and you can SHOW me just how MUCH you LOVE IT"

WIN WIN

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, shuke said:

Wow, #### got real in here.

She is essentially my DIL.  I love her but sometimes... :rant:

Not since Lloyd Dobler traded his heart for a pen has a guy come out worse in a trade. 

Not only did he not get the truck he wanted, all he got from her was a fitness tracker. 

But since this is just a TV commercial version of reality, my wife and I laugh every time it's on. The gal delivers her lines perfectly. 

• Like 1

Any commercial that has a doorbell in it.  My dogs go ape#### when they hear a doorbell and I don't need these false alarms!!!

:rant:

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Hov34 said:

Any commercial that has a doorbell in it.  My dogs go ape#### when they hear a doorbell and I don't need these false alarms!!!

Selected sounds blocker not working on your TV?

1 hour ago, Hov34 said:

Simular to radio ads that use sirens. I have to turn down the volume to know there isn't a cop or fire engine in the area. Those moron ad makers really should be beaten.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Simular to radio ads that use sirens. I have to turn down the volume to know there isn't a cop or fire engine in the area. Those moron ad makers really should be beaten.

YES!

• Thanks 1

On 11/27/2018 at 10:08 AM, Parrothead said:

"You love it eh?  Why don't we step inside and you can SHOW me just how MUCH you LOVE IT"

WIN WIN

$60k+ roll in the sack.  I'll keep the money.  

• Like 1

I just wish the Verizon squirrel and the Toyota ho would just climb in a Camry together and run off the road looking for a cell tower.

any if these cars as gifts commercials.  honey, i got us 1000-$ in monthly payments for 3 yrs.....surprise!!

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Yankee23Fan said:

I want to beat everyone involved with "meat Santa."

hipster-#####-wad-#### humor. 

not funny diarrhea club.

On 12/7/2018 at 7:15 AM, Chemical X said:

any if these cars as gifts commercials.  honey, i got us 1000-$ in monthly payments for 3 yrs.....surprise!!

that's for one of them. 

I'm really hating the "can you feel it" singing boxes amazon commercials. 

Also finding the digital animation apple commercial with the frizzy haired person who loses their papers annoying.

• Like 2

Any commercial with millennials doing millennial-type stuff.  Screw them all.  

So are Chevy employees really all that happy that everyone else gets their discounts, too?  If everybody gets them, they're not quite a perk of employment, are they?

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2

On 12/2/2018 at 1:48 PM, Hov34 said:

Along those lines, any commercial with an alarm clock sound on it, particularly on a Sunday night. I don't want to be reminded of having to go back to work the next day, thankyouverymuch.

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

Along those lines, any commercial with an alarm clock sound on it, particularly on a Sunday night. I don't want to be reminded of having to go back to work the next day, thankyouverymuch.

add cell phone ring for me-  I go reaching for my phone like Pavlov's dog:bag:

and on the radio- please no sirens in your commercial- I almost drove off the road one day:hot:

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:08 PM, WampusCat43 said:

I just wish the Verizon squirrel and the Toyota ho would just climb in a Camry together and run off the road looking for a cell tower.

YOU WILL NOT SPEAK ILL OF TOYOTA JAN!!! I WILL NOT HEAR OF IT!!!!! :hot:

• Like 1