Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Mr. Pickles

I post my least favorite commercials here

little bit country/little bit rock-n-roll.  3x too long.  quick hit, fine... drawn out.

• Like 2

On 1/14/2019 at 11:09 AM, B Maverick said:
On 1/14/2019 at 11:06 AM, Dan Lambskin said:

@Joe 8ryantavatar check on aisle 5

:whoosh:

This may be a little more appropriate pal.  

Edited by Binky The Doormat

3 hours ago, Daywalker said:

Why does Bud Light think anyone cares about their new nutritional label?  Bizarre.

I saw an article about this.  Supposedly this is to make people rethink the high calorie content of craft beer.  

1 minute ago, shuke said:

I saw an article about this.  Supposedly this is to make people rethink the high calorie content of craft beer.  

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

makes sense.  It's also a carb bomb.  

If you like it, great, but yeah, chase people to vodka.  

The ### #### FiOS kid with the lisp and the know-it-all attitude like he ####### did something because his friends parent s bought high speed internet. I seriously want to punch him square in the throat 

21 minutes ago, Insein said:

The ### #### FiOS kid with the lisp and the know-it-all attitude like he ####### did something because his friends parent s bought high speed internet. I seriously want to punch him square in the throat 

I think you made this up. 

1 hour ago, shuke said:
4 hours ago, Daywalker said:

Why does Bud Light think anyone cares about their new nutritional label?  Bizarre.

I figured it was also a nod to the "real food", "clean eating" people.

And it's pretty silly to have a nutritional label without alcohol content - looks like 110 calories from 0g fat, 6.6g carbs, and 0.9g protein.  You'd think they'd include the 11+g alcohol on there, too, if the goal was to be open and informative.

1 hour ago, Binky The Doormat said:

I think you made this up. 

It's as real as the Chevy guy showing up at your family reunion.

:X

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jhib said:

It's as real as the Chevy guy showing up at your family reunion.

:X

let's not get personal.  

I still don't know where he and my wife went.    

• Sad 1

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:27 PM, Insein said:

Disagree.

7 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Disagree.

Don't let him being on stranger things cloud your judgement. This kid is very face punchable.

On 1/21/2019 at 1:05 AM, Binky The Doormat said:

let's not get personal.  

I still don't know where he and my wife went.    

Did he take her camping?

On 1/20/2019 at 10:27 PM, Insein said:

You leave Dustin alone!!!

Also it isn't really just a lisp, the actor has cleidocranial dysplasia

Edited by sho nuff

I thought the bud light spot was about the ingredients label, not about nutrition content.  

Less about calories, etc., but more about what goes into their beer as opposed to extra ingredients of many of the craft beers that are popular today.  Just a guess, though.  

1 hour ago, Insein said:

Don't let him being on stranger things cloud your judgement. This kid is very face punchable.

I've never watched Stranger Things. As far as kids on TV goes, he's far from the worst offender.

42 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

I thought the bud light spot was about the ingredients label, not about nutrition content.  

Less about calories, etc., but more about what goes into their beer as opposed to extra ingredients of many of the craft beers that are popular today.  Just a guess, though.  

Agreed, the story I read was about it being millenial targeted.  Millenials are apparently concerned about what is in the food/drink they are consuming.  I think Bud Light is swimming upstream trying to appeal to millenials, but that's the point I guess.

3 hours ago, Bull Dozier said:

Agreed, the story I read was about it being millenial targeted.  Millenials are apparently concerned about what is in the food/drink they are consuming.  I think Bud Light is swimming upstream trying to appeal to millenials, but that's the point I guess.

If I was faced between drinking Bud Light and nothing, I'd probably choose nothing.  It tastes terrible and I think I get a hangover 10 minutes after drinking one.  It's been awhile since I've partook but that's what I think of when I think of the ol' BL.  The commercials are meh too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jayrok said:

The ad is more blatantly about the ingredients, but it's calling attention to the label itself, so I think it's really about both.  No one's forcing them to put the nutritional info on there along with the ingredients. 

I thought the Progressive commercials with Flo were bad, but now theyre putting that annoying Jaime guy in all of them. I wanna stab him in the neck with a fork.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wingnut said:

I thought the Progressive commercials with Flo were bad, but now theyre putting that annoying Jaime guy in all of them. I wanna stab him in the neck with a fork.

His "wife" reminds me of Sofia what's her name that does the shampoo ads.

32 minutes ago, Chaka said:

I need a ruling.

Zenni Yeti

It works for me; the nerdy voice of a beast with wire rim glasses which then briefly swerves into a demonic thing.

The Verizon guy is about as annoying as it gets and what makes it worse is that he's annoying even on mute.  Peewee Herman is the only male on the planet that could pull off wearing a suit two sizes too small, it worked for PeeWee because it just did.  Everyone and I mean EVERYONE needs to stop this stupid trend of wearing clothing two sizes too small, I'm mainly talking about grown men in suits made for 10 year old boys, enough is enough already!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Sullie said:

The Verizon guy is about as annoying as it gets and what makes it worse is that he's annoying even on mute.  Peewee Herman is the only male on the planet that could pull off wearing a suit two sizes too small, it worked for PeeWee because it just did.  Everyone and I mean EVERYONE needs to stop this stupid trend of wearing clothing two sizes too small, I'm mainly talking about grown men in suits made for 10 year old boys, enough is enough already!

This guy causes extreme rage in me. From his snarky attitude, to his 14.5" neck.

I'm generally against violence but not with this guy!

He's also somehow a co-star in that new Keanu Reaves movie, Replicas.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

It works for me; the nerdy voice of a beast with wire rim glasses which then briefly swerves into a demonic thing.

Thanks.

I hate it. 

1 minute ago, Chaka said:

Thanks.

I hate it. 

FIght me.

OTOH, forget it.

13 hours ago, Wingnut said:

I would like to stab his wife with something else. 

I hear this radio commercial at least 5 times a day where these 2 guys are talking about watching a game. One guy has Direct TV and talks about the players great skin and how sweaty they are and the other guy doesn't so he's a loser. Very weird. I wake up to it almost every morning.

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2019 at 10:51 PM, Wingnut said:

You're not my dad!

On 4/12/2019 at 9:12 AM, The General said:

I hear this radio commercial at least 5 times a day where these 2 guys are talking about watching a game. One guy has Direct TV and talks about the players great skin and how sweaty they are and the other guy doesn't so he's a loser. Very weird. I wake up to it almost every morning.

Yeah, I flip stations as soon as that one comes on, usually only to get an equally grating Steve Wilco commercial.

i don’t think there would even have to be actual words to that ad and I would hate it just based on the guy’s tone/inflection.

10 hours ago, shuke said:

I think this one's actually pretty funny.

You're overstepped.

16 hours ago, Bucky86 said:

What really confuses me is a phone app using her as the spokesperson.  Anyone influenced by her probably still has trouble setting the time on the VCR and is using, at best, a flip phone.

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 2

On 4/12/2019 at 8:12 AM, The General said:

Dude talks about his girlfriend commenting on the players' skin care "regime".

Either the hypothetical girlfriend or the marketing department doesn't know what a regimen is.

Unless they really did mean he's got a government system set up for the propose of caring for his skin. Possible, I suppose.

Edited by Andy Dufresne

Frank Thomas Nugenix ads.  All of them.

• Like 5

The 1-800-GOT-JUNK radio commercials are simply deplorable.  Anyone catch one of these yet?  So  bad.

On 1/14/2019 at 5:59 AM, The General said:

The latest Matthew McConaughey Lincoln ads. I love Matt, the car looks pretty sweet actually.

But when he does the masse pool shot and they add the women's voice over "I have never seen that before". So dumb :lol:

I f'n HATE  these ads. So what? Everywhere he goes and no matter what he's doing , he'll just suddenly stare off into space and leave any gathering he's at and no one will check to see if he's ok to drive? 

OH it's ok!!! He's driving a Lincoln! The extras on that car are amazing and the mushrooms he's on should not hit for another 2 mins. 

• Laughing 3
  • Thinking 1

3 hours ago, BoltNlava said:

I f'n HATE  these ads. So what? Everywhere he goes and no matter what he's doing , he'll just suddenly stare off into space and leave any gathering he's at and no one will check to see if he's ok to drive? 

OH it's ok!!! He's driving a Lincoln! The extras on that car are amazing and the mushrooms he's on should not hit for another 2 mins. 

Alright... alright.... al...oh ####!!!

• Thanks 2

I’m guessing the Lincoln ads are basically like “bad publicity is still good publicity” kind of thing because they are all awful and they keep making new ones.

• Like 1