What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (4 Viewers)

I thought the bud light spot was about the ingredients label, not about nutrition content.  

Less about calories, etc., but more about what goes into their beer as opposed to extra ingredients of many of the craft beers that are popular today.  Just a guess, though.  

I thought the bud light spot was about the ingredients label, not about nutrition content.  

Less about calories, etc., but more about what goes into their beer as opposed to extra ingredients of many of the craft beers that are popular today.  Just a guess, though.  
Agreed, the story I read was about it being millenial targeted.  Millenials are apparently concerned about what is in the food/drink they are consuming.  I think Bud Light is swimming upstream trying to appeal to millenials, but that's the point I guess.

Agreed, the story I read was about it being millenial targeted.  Millenials are apparently concerned about what is in the food/drink they are consuming.  I think Bud Light is swimming upstream trying to appeal to millenials, but that's the point I guess.
If I was faced between drinking Bud Light and nothing, I'd probably choose nothing.  It tastes terrible and I think I get a hangover 10 minutes after drinking one.  It's been awhile since I've partook but that's what I think of when I think of the ol' BL.  The commercials are meh too.

Jayrok said:

The ad is more blatantly about the ingredients, but it's calling attention to the label itself, so I think it's really about both.  No one's forcing them to put the nutritional info on there along with the ingredients. 

The Verizon guy is about as annoying as it gets and what makes it worse is that he's annoying even on mute.  Peewee Herman is the only male on the planet that could pull off wearing a suit two sizes too small, it worked for PeeWee because it just did.  Everyone and I mean EVERYONE needs to stop this stupid trend of wearing clothing two sizes too small, I'm mainly talking about grown men in suits made for 10 year old boys, enough is enough already!

The Verizon guy is about as annoying as it gets and what makes it worse is that he's annoying even on mute.  Peewee Herman is the only male on the planet that could pull off wearing a suit two sizes too small, it worked for PeeWee because it just did.  Everyone and I mean EVERYONE needs to stop this stupid trend of wearing clothing two sizes too small, I'm mainly talking about grown men in suits made for 10 year old boys, enough is enough already!
This guy causes extreme rage in me. From his snarky attitude, to his 14.5" neck.

I'm generally against violence but not with this guy!

He's also somehow a co-star in that new Keanu Reaves movie, Replicas.

I hear this radio commercial at least 5 times a day where these 2 guys are talking about watching a game. One guy has Direct TV and talks about the players great skin and how sweaty they are and the other guy doesn't so he's a loser. Very weird. I wake up to it almost every morning.

I hear this radio commercial at least 5 times a day where these 2 guys are talking about watching a game. One guy has Direct TV and talks about the players great skin and how sweaty they are and the other guy doesn't so he's a loser. Very weird. I wake up to it almost every morning.
Yeah, I flip stations as soon as that one comes on, usually only to get an equally grating Steve Wilco commercial.

i don’t think there would even have to be actual words to that ad and I would hate it just based on the guy’s tone/inflection.

Dude talks about his girlfriend commenting on the players' skin care "regime".

Either the hypothetical girlfriend or the marketing department doesn't know what a regimen is.

Unless they really did mean he's got a government system set up for the propose of caring for his skin. Possible, I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
The latest Matthew McConaughey Lincoln ads. I love Matt, the car looks pretty sweet actually.

But when he does the masse pool shot and they add the women's voice over "I have never seen that before". So dumb :lol:
I f'n HATE  these ads. So what? Everywhere he goes and no matter what he's doing , he'll just suddenly stare off into space and leave any gathering he's at and no one will check to see if he's ok to drive? 

OH it's ok!!! He's driving a Lincoln! The extras on that car are amazing and the mushrooms he's on should not hit for another 2 mins. 

I f'n HATE  these ads. So what? Everywhere he goes and no matter what he's doing , he'll just suddenly stare off into space and leave any gathering he's at and no one will check to see if he's ok to drive? 

OH it's ok!!! He's driving a Lincoln! The extras on that car are amazing and the mushrooms he's on should not hit for another 2 mins. 
Alright... alright.... al...oh ####!!!

I’m guessing the Lincoln ads are basically like “bad publicity is still good publicity” kind of thing because they are all awful and they keep making new ones.

Except they've made it worse with LIMU EMU...and Doug.
I prefer LIMU/Doug (dumb as they are) to the jingle and the ads that assume viewers have no clue how insurance works. (Hey, if you don't want your rates to go up after your first accident, just let us raise them BEFORE you have an accident!)

Also Doug reminds me of a friend of mine which gives me a chuckle. And LIMU makes me remember Rod Hull (RIP) so they can't be all bad.

That BMW commercial with the dancing millennials.

I hate everyone and everything associated with that commercial. 

The expressionless girl dancing up to the car to unlock it with her phone - HOW IS THAT EASIER THAN KEYLESS ENTRY???

The mumbly singing in the background song - I CAN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD HE'S SINGING!!

The idiot's doing lame dance moves in the street

I WILL NEVER BUY A BMW BECAUSE OF THIS COMMERCIAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqUoLkQ2ym0

The expressionless girl dancing up to the car to unlock it with her phone - HOW IS THAT EASIER THAN KEYLESS ENTRY???
Everything must be accessible via phone now.  Buying your car, renting a car, getting a ride, etc. etc.....

So yeah, you can open up some app and then unlock your car door.  Unless it just recognizes the signal without opening anything up, then it's the same as normal keyless I suppose

But yes, stupid.

The mumbly singing in the background song - I CAN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD HE'S SINGING!!

The idiot's doing lame dance moves in the street

I WILL NEVER BUY A BMW BECAUSE OF THIS COMMERCIAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqUoLkQ2ym0
You're missing the whole point of the message.

It's trying to signify that outside of this car, the world is just a zombie to technology/music/trends.   The expressionless dancing, mumbling music with no real "meaning", the fashion forward clothes, funky hair colors, etc are just the norms now and not really "different".   What is different and gets noticed amongst the zombies are the old guy on a pay phone (old unused technology) and the new BMW (the next big thing in technology).    

And the difference in a phone unlocking the car and a key fob is that everyone always has their phone with them so it's just more convenient.    You no longer need to carry/remember/hope to not lose your car key fob.

Users who are viewing this thread