Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Mr. Pickles

I post my least favorite commercials here

2 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo said:

"Liberty..Liberty.."

I can't stand that jingle!

:quickly changes channel:

I see your Liberty and raise you a Morgan & Morgan.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jhib said:

This annoying laughing iPhone commercial. I guess it might be at least acceptable if it were half as long. 

I've never had a commercial make me so annoyed.  

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 10:43 AM, Mr. Mojo said:

"Liberty..Liberty.."

Except they've made it worse with LIMU EMU...and Doug.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Except they've made it worse with LIMU EMU...and Doug.

I prefer LIMU/Doug (dumb as they are) to the jingle and the ads that assume viewers have no clue how insurance works. (Hey, if you don't want your rates to go up after your first accident, just let us raise them BEFORE you have an accident!)

Also Doug reminds me of a friend of mine which gives me a chuckle. And LIMU makes me remember Rod Hull (RIP) so they can't be all bad.

Domino's "carry out pizza insurance".   LOL.  Really, are there that many people that pick up a pizza and drop it?

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

Domino's "carry out pizza insurance".   LOL.  Really, are there that many people that pick up a pizza and drop it?

It seems like they know just how smart their typical customer is.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

"I don't know who they got to design that but give them a cookie and a star."  🤮

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 10:43 AM, Mr. Mojo said:

"Liberty..Liberty.."

It’s the line, “only pay for what you need” that makes me scratch my head. And I’m a liberty mutual customer!!  

On 6/21/2019 at 2:04 PM, Leroy Hoard said:

First 3 questions on a date should be:

Do you believe the earth is flat?

Do you believe the earth is only 6,000 years old?

When forced to order Domino's pizza, do you buy the pizza insurance?

• Thinking 2

On 6/21/2019 at 11:04 AM, Leroy Hoard said:

:oldunsure:

Their pan pizza is actually fairly good in terms of pizza I can get delivered to my house.

3 hours ago, nirad3 said:

:oldunsure:

Their pan pizza is actually fairly good in terms of pizza I can get delivered to my house.

Which reminds me, the chick singing PAN PAN PAN PAN! for DiGiorno's makes me stabby.

• Like 2

That BMW commercial with the dancing millennials.

I hate everyone and everything associated with that commercial. 

The expressionless girl dancing up to the car to unlock it with her phone - HOW IS THAT EASIER THAN KEYLESS ENTRY???

The mumbly singing in the background song - I CAN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD HE'S SINGING!!

The idiot's doing lame dance moves in the street

I WILL NEVER BUY A BMW BECAUSE OF THIS COMMERCIAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqUoLkQ2ym0

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Gianni Verscotchie said:

The expressionless girl dancing up to the car to unlock it with her phone - HOW IS THAT EASIER THAN KEYLESS ENTRY???

Everything must be accessible via phone now.  Buying your car, renting a car, getting a ride, etc. etc.....

So yeah, you can open up some app and then unlock your car door.  Unless it just recognizes the signal without opening anything up, then it's the same as normal keyless I suppose

But yes, stupid.

8 minutes ago, Gianni Verscotchie said:

The mumbly singing in the background song - I CAN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD HE'S SINGING!!

You're missing the whole point of the message.

It's trying to signify that outside of this car, the world is just a zombie to technology/music/trends.   The expressionless dancing, mumbling music with no real "meaning", the fashion forward clothes, funky hair colors, etc are just the norms now and not really "different".   What is different and gets noticed amongst the zombies are the old guy on a pay phone (old unused technology) and the new BMW (the next big thing in technology).    

And the difference in a phone unlocking the car and a key fob is that everyone always has their phone with them so it's just more convenient.    You no longer need to carry/remember/hope to not lose your car key fob.

• Thinking 1

28 minutes ago, offdee said:

It's trying to signify that outside of this car, the world is just a zombie to technology/music/trends.   The expressionless dancing, mumbling music with no real "meaning", the fashion forward clothes, funky hair colors, etc are just the norms now and not really "different".   What is different and gets noticed amongst the zombies are the old guy on a pay phone (old unused technology) and the new BMW (the next big thing in technology).    

And the difference in a phone unlocking the car and a key fob is that everyone always has their phone with them so it's just more convenient.    You no longer need to carry/remember/hope to not lose your car key fob.

I bet you're the type of guy who puts his jeans in the freezer

• Like 2
  • Laughing 3
  • Thinking 1
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, offdee said:

And your phone/tech even controls their dancing, the only thing that makes them humanly.

As Rihanna would say, please don't stop the music.

40 minutes ago, offdee said:

And that way, when the idiot loses their phone, the thief that finds it now not only has access to the car, but can use the HOME option said idiot also programmed in to thier phone's GPS app, and race to the house in the owner's car where they can unlock the door via the security app on the phone. So convenient!

2 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

And that way, when the idiot loses their phone, the thief that finds it now not only has access to the car, but can use the HOME option said idiot also programmed in to thier phone's GPS app, and race to the house in the owner's car where they can unlock the door via the security app on the phone. So convenient!

Are you the old guy on the pay phone in that commercial?

1 hour ago, Gianni Verscotchie said:

That BMW commercial 

Thought that was a cool commercial. Still wouldn’t buy a BMW, Doosh factor is high with those owners.

1 hour ago, offdee said:

Yep

45 minutes ago, offdee said:

Are you the old guy on the pay phone in that commercial?

Probably 

1 hour ago, Gianni Verscotchie said:

I thought millenials were all burdened with gigantic student loan debt?  How are they buying BMWs?

• Thinking 3

4 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

I thought millenials were all burdened with gigantic student loan debt?  How are they buying BMWs?

They’re just the dancing people bro, because they need money n stuff.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

12 minutes ago, Ray Barboni said:
18 minutes ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

They’re just the dancing people bro, because they need money n stuff.

Or they are leasing.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Gianni Verscotchie said:

I would have liked this post since I agree with the sentiment, but you got me to watch a stupid commercial that I had never seen before.  I just can't like that kind of behavior.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Gianni Verscotchie said:

That crazy dancing

• Laughing 1

13 hours ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

Or they are leasing.

It’s relatively cheap when you never drive it and leave it in your parent’s driveway 

15 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

They're using their student loans for their BMW down payment.  They earned it when they got their French lit degree.

27 minutes ago, Vanilla Guerrilla said:

They're using their student loans for their BMW down payment.  They earned it when they got their French lit degree.

Just part of the french benefits of college

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

19 hours ago, OrtonToOlsen said:

It's just a 3 series. That's the car you drive when you work at Hollister.

21 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

And if the thief is lucky that person has their wallet attached to the phone. Bonus points!

On 1/9/2019 at 9:59 AM, Bull Dozier said:
On 1/9/2019 at 9:18 AM, Jayrok said:

So these Dr. Pepper Fansville commercials.  Most were crappie and the payoff at the end was pretty bad.   Les Miles stole the trophy and got stuck by lightning.  I was hoping it would be Larry from the previous campaigns.  

The refs neighbors wasn't too bad but the only ones I sorta liked were with the young couple (Romeo and Juliet).  "You're wearing a wire?  YOU'RE WEARING A WIRE!?!?"

Overall a pretty bad campaign imo.  

I liked them.  While there weren't enough unique commercials in proportion to how often they were played, they were above average.  The over acting dramatic moments (eg, "that's his Dr Pepper hand!" were funny, but only the first time or two.  After that they got tired, but they were good the first few plays.

Les Miles getting struck by lightning actually made me chuckle.

New season of them. I absolutely love the mother whose son gets caught with the lacrosse racket. Kate French is the actress. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Binky The Doormat said:

on the other hand, I love the "let's go bro" screaming guy in the green car 

I agree. "You wanna go,  bro?" 🤣  

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 11:32 AM, GregR said:

New season of them. I absolutely love the mother whose son gets caught with the lacrosse racket. Kate French is the actress. 

Haven't seen the new batch yet, but looking forward to it.

On 9/1/2019 at 3:53 PM, Binky The Doormat said:

Double popped collar is awesome.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2019 at 6:11 PM, Ray Barboni said:

Ah ... leasing BMW’s is TIGHT!! 

Pitch meeting?

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 1:53 PM, Binky The Doormat said:

On 9/1/2019 at 5:23 PM, Jayrok said:

I agree. "You wanna go,  bro?" 🤣  

You know that's the Shermanator from the American Pie flicks, right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If any of you listen to Pandora, have you heard the latest Tide commercials?  I have been pulling my earbuds out they are so bad.  

10 hours ago, Bull Dozier said:

Double popped collar is awesome.

It’s a triple I believe. 

• Laughing 2

8 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

If any of you listen to Pandora, have you heard the latest Tide commercials?  I have been pulling my earbuds out they are so bad.  

Finally paid for Spotify premium.  Just couldn’t take the ads any more.  

• Like 2

17 hours ago, nirad3 said:

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii have a mustard stain, on my skirt, a mustard squirt...

4 hours ago, Foosball God said:

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii have a mustard stain, on my skirt, a mustard squirt...

Reported.

On 9/3/2019 at 6:05 PM, shuke said:

Finally paid for Spotify premium.  Just couldn’t take the ads any more.  

Makin' all the promotion money ...skippin' the Direct TV discount hassle and payin' full boat ...now payin' for the Spotify.  

Full Shuke.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Joe Summer said:

I've had about enough of Aaron Rodgers and his phony agent.

hate to say it but, yes. these are godawful. 

was wondering today if they ran nationally or if we're just getting pounded with them because home market. the very first one ever was mildly amusing. since then they've been terrible and getting worse.