Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Mr. Pickles

I post my least favorite commercials here

I want to be the official "Your commercial makes no sense" guy.

Dr Pepper "State" fan is proud of his "Tech" clad toddler...until the latter stars trash talking State.

THE TODDLER DIDN'T DRESS HIMSELF! Your commercial makes no sense.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Laughing 1

All drug commercials are terrible but saw an ED one that really set a new low. Bunch of random older dudes holding different shaped vegetables like carrots, cucumbers, etc. turning them around in their hands staring intently at them as stand ins for their junk. What were these people thinking?

:yucky:

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

20 minutes ago, Buckna said:

All drug commercials are terrible but saw an ED one that really set a new low. Bunch of random older dudes holding different shaped vegetables like carrots, cucumbers, etc. turning them around in their hands staring intently at them as stand ins for their junk. What were these people thinking?

:yucky:

They were obviously thinking about their junk.

• Laughing 3

21 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Dr Pepper "State" fan is proud of his "Tech" clad toddler...until the latter stars trash talking State.

Michael Scott slapping table and yelling THANK YOU! dot gif

22 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Was coming here to post this.  I'm so glad I'm not the only one.  :shrug:

On 10/13/2019 at 2:27 PM, Andy Dufresne said:

Yes and no.  If you want to be super literal, yes, the commercial makes no sense.  If you want to look at what they are trying to satire, it makes sense.  The baby looks like someone else's baby, but dad has no reason to believe he isn't the father, until of course the baby says Tech sucks.  Then it becomes undeniable.  it's funny, but not if you want to think about it.

Why does Rodgers' sports agent care who his insurance agent is?  Seems the sports agent makes a little more money than the State Farm agent.  Perhaps not in Wisconsin.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/13/2019 at 1:57 PM, Drunken knight said:

The Champ is here!

Is it wrong that I want to shoot each one of those "models" in the face?

The "thank this local politician" ads. Seriously ?  We (the taxpayers) elected you to get paid a good salary,  now we are supposed to "thank you" for your taking our money for the last 2 -6 years?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Blue Cross ads with the addled old dolts pushing around their dogs in baby carriages while sharing their ice cream cones with said dogs.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:01 AM, Bull Dozier said:

Yes and no.  If you want to be super literal, yes, the commercial makes no sense.  If you want to look at what they are trying to satire, it makes sense.  The baby looks like someone else's baby, but dad has no reason to believe he isn't the father, until of course the baby says Tech sucks.  Then it becomes undeniable.  it's funny, but not if you want to think about it.

I guess that would explain Mom looking away while slurping the Dr. Pepper.

50 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

I guess that would explain Mom looking away while slurping the Dr. Pepper.

Oh, people aren't getting what they are trying to say?  I thought that was obvious.

• Like 1

I have to think this has been mentioned, but the Yoplait commercial where the @@@@@ voice in the background screams "she's becoming an independent Chiiiilllld". Most annoying thing ever. I'm sure whoever that person is has the most punchable face ever.

2 hours ago, Jayrok said:

Fansville spot from last season when baby was born.

Now a year later the dad still doesn't realize the baby wasn't his?  I mean they constantly choose to dress him in Tech colors.  "HEY DAD, YOUR WIFE IS BANGING A TECH FAN. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR BUTT-HOLE."  

I mean, the baby came out wearing Tech gear.  I don't think it's safe to assume this is a universe where they are dressing the kid.

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

7 hours ago, Jayrok said:

Fansville spot from last season when baby was born.

Now a year later the dad still doesn't realize the baby wasn't his?  I mean they constantly choose to dress him in Tech colors.  "HEY DAD, YOUR WIFE IS BANGING A TECH FAN. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR BUTT-HOLE."  

Ohhh...I get it out now.

That's a really long play...for a stupid joke.

But at least it's not the Culpepper guy.

20 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Ohhh...I get it out now.

That's a really long play...for a stupid joke.

But at least it's not the Culpepper guy.

I'm really surprised the joke still isn't obvious even without the backstory, with the wife's look giving it away.  :shrug:

This play is INSANITY... and we can PROVE it.  Catch probability a paltry 19%.  How does Russell fit in in there!??!???!??  

Next gen stats powered by AWS.  :X

• Like 1

I'm getting really sick of the fatgirl flowers commercial aired every break on the NFL games.  

• Like 2

Burger King's Cheesy Tots.

In one commercial, the stupid kid says "I like snacks..."

REALLY? YOU LIKE SNACKS? THAT'S A PRETTY BRAVE STATEMENT THERE, BUDDY. WELL GUESS WHAT? YOU'RE IN LUCK. BECAUSE WE AT BURGER KING HAVE CREATED A FOOD PRODUCT THAT IS SPECIFICALLY ENGINEERED TO CATER TO THE TINY MINORITY OF THE POPULATION WHO ADMIT TO ENJOYING A SNACK. IT'S A GOOD THING THAT WE COMMISSIONED THIS 'MAN ON THE STREET' SURVEY OR ELSE WE NEVER WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANYONE IN THE WORLD WHO LIKES SNACKS.

In the other commercial, the same stupid kid says "A dollar? I got my full meal just from these Cheesy Tots!"

THERE ARE FOUR TOTS IN THE BAG. THAT'S NOT A FULL MEAL.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Sad 1

Pizza insurance- they give you a free pizza if they screw up your pizza. Sample screw up: online complaint that the toppings were wrong. “We’re going to expedite this next order!”  Then they surprise the customer with her free insurance pizza. 

If it’s a surprise why’d they expedite it?  They probably screwed up the first time due to moving too fast. You’d think they’d take their time and do this one right. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, randall146 said:

Pizza insurance- they give you a free pizza if they screw up your pizza. Sample screw up: online complaint that the toppings were wrong. “We’re going to expedite this next order!”  Then they surprise the customer with her free insurance pizza. 

If it’s a surprise why’d they expedite it?  They probably screwed up the first time due to moving too fast. You’d think they’d take their time and do this one right. 

Not to mention if they’re surprising them at dinner time, there’s probably already another meal being cooked, so one is going to go to waste or stuck in the fridge as leftovers 

• Thinking 1

3 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

Not to mention if they’re surprising them at dinner time, there’s probably already another meal being cooked, so one is going to go to waste or stuck in the fridge as leftovers 

I doubt anyone is going to start another dinner because someone left off a topping, but the waste element of this is real.

20 minutes ago, culdeus said:

I doubt anyone is going to start another dinner because someone left off a topping, but the waste element of this is real.

I got the impression the surprise new pizza wasn’t on the same day but maybe I misinterpreted 

37 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

I got the impression the surprise new pizza wasn’t on the same day but maybe I misinterpreted 

Yeah I could see that too.  The whole thing is pretty contrived.  

I’m generally a big fan of the Mayhem commercials. That said, the latest one makes no sense. Who is going to damage their own car because a parking lot attendant told them to park somewhere? Just dumb. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heckmanm said:

Agreed. In the commercial it looks like a surprise visit some other night.

Now customers are going to think they’ll get a surprise pizza if they complain, and be disappointed when they don’t. Seems like the ad creates false flawed pizza claims (insurance fraud) followed by angry customers. 

Edited by randall146

This Anora commercial is the worst because of the song.  First off, I was a kid in the 70's, I always hated the original version of that awful song but my God it's even worse with the new singer, especially the guy at the end, he sounds like he's singing through his nose with a nasal infection.  Honestly, it's like nails on a chalkboard at this point and naturally they play it over and over and over again.  Pretty brutal.

2 hours ago, Sullie said:

This Anora commercial is the worst because of the song.  First off, I was a kid in the 70's, I always hated the original version of that awful song but my God it's even worse with the new singer, especially the guy at the end, he sounds like he's singing through his nose with a nasal infection.  Honestly, it's like nails on a chalkboard at this point and naturally they play it over and over and over again.  Pretty brutal.

"Side effects may include hearing awful cover versions of songs of the 70's".

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

15 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

REALLY? YOU LIKE SNACKS? THAT'S A PRETTY BRAVE STATEMENT THERE, BUDDY. WELL GUESS WHAT? YOU'RE IN LUCK. BECAUSE WE AT BURGER KING HAVE CREATED A FOOD PRODUCT THAT IS SPECIFICALLY ENGINEERED TO CATER TO THE TINY MINORITY OF THE POPULATION WHO ADMIT TO ENJOYING A SNACK. IT'S A GOOD THING THAT WE COMMISSIONED THIS 'MAN ON THE STREET' SURVEY OR ELSE WE NEVER WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANYONE IN THE WORLD WHO LIKES SNACKS.

In the other commercial, the same stupid kid says "A dollar? I got my full meal just from these Cheesy Tots!"

"That's a lot of cheese for one dollar!"

• Laughing 1

These dbags who think it's okay to play golf in the city need to be dealt with.  "whachu wanna do?"  "I dunno, whachu wanna do?"  "Hey let's not start that again."   "Hey, I know, let's drive some golf balls off our building and yuck it up.... we'll find a sewer drain somewhere to putt in and then we'll go get some crappy beer."  "yay! That sounds cool!"

• Like 2

Jayrok said:

These dbags who think it's okay to play golf in the city need to be dealt with.

I do appreciate the new quota system for ethnic friends in Commercial World. It used to be "one black guy for every three white guys", but now it seems to be "one black guy and one Asian guy for every two white guys".

Progress!
  • Like 2

On 10/27/2019 at 4:16 PM, Joe Summer said:

Four "tater" tots.  

For a dollar.  

I keep saying that to myself ...mystified at how several levels of a successful fast food management company thought that this kind of value is deserving of a major promotion.  

While using the lead "I like snacks."

• Sad 1

I've only seen it a couple of times, but since the cars as Christmas presents season is upon us, I'm going to reference the new (Chevy?) commercial where people are now giving cars to themselves for Christmas.  One chick even says, "I Secret Santa'd myself"  Ugh. :wall: :wall: 

• Like 2

On 10/27/2019 at 5:29 PM, randall146 said:

Edited by supermike80

10 hours ago, Binky The Doormat said:

Four "tater" tots.  

For a dollar.  

I keep saying that to myself ...mystified at how several levels of a successful fast food management company thought that this kind of value is deserving of a major promotion.  

While using the lead "I like snacks."

Plus, quite frankly, when they have the extreme closeup of the breaking of the cheesy tot, they look disgusting

• Like 1

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Plus, quite frankly, when they have the extreme closeup of the breaking of the cheesy tot, they look disgusting

Does it matter when you're drunk eating at 2 AM?

On 6/24/2019 at 4:52 PM, Gianni Verscotchie said:

That BMW commercial with the dancing millennials.

I hate everyone and everything associated with that commercial. 

The expressionless girl dancing up to the car to unlock it with her phone - HOW IS THAT EASIER THAN KEYLESS ENTRY???

The mumbly singing in the background song - I CAN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD HE'S SINGING!!

The idiot's doing lame dance moves in the street

I WILL NEVER BUY A BMW BECAUSE OF THIS COMMERCIAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqUoLkQ2ym0

I clicked this, watched this, and threw up a little bit.   Hadn't see it before......What a horrible horrible thing.  

That kind of dancing to me looks like they are having seizures

Edited by supermike80
  • Laughing 1

2 minutes ago, Tom Servo said:

Does it matter when you're drunk eating at 2 AM?

I'm old now...so I can't go eating any nuclear waste at 2AM like I used to

• Laughing 1

Has to have been mentioned but 

Bud Light Platinum

First off...So what 

Second..the stuuuuuuuupiiiiiiddddd  knight in armor thing.  Ugh..Budweiser is terrible at trying to be funny, I think they always have been.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Bud Light Platinum

First off...So what 

Second..the stuuuuuuuupiiiiiiddddd  knight in armor thing.  Ugh..Budweiser is terrible at trying to be funny, I think they always have been.

Bud should just stick to their giant horses clomping thru the snow.

• Love 1

On 10/27/2019 at 2:45 PM, culdeus said:

I'm getting really sick of the fatgirl flowers commercial aired every break on the NFL games.  

Feel like this intensified yesterday.  Sheesh. 

Fully 50% of the audience watching the Amazon commercial during SNF last night have no idea where that song is from. 

#3OrangeWhips

3 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Bud Light Platinum

First off...So what 

And do they ever tell us what makes it platinum?  I’ve seen the commercials 4 dillion times and haven’t noticed

• Laughing 1

1 minute ago, randall146 said:

And do they ever tell us what makes it platinum?  I’ve seen the commercials 4 dillion times and haven’t noticed

Cause they said so.  Don't you EVER doubt the Budweiser marketing machine.   Ever.

This is the entity that brought you...Bud Light Lime-a-rita,  and dilly dilly and watched America suck it up through a straw.  

9 hours ago, randall146 said:

I think it has a higher ABV.

Regardless, commercials are horrible and so is Bud Light anything.

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2019 at 10:17 PM, shuke said:

I think it has a higher ABV.

Regardless, commercials are horrible and so is Bud Light anything.

Why do we want Bud light drinkers to be even more drunk driving home?