Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Mr. Pickles

I post my least favorite commercials here

2 hours ago, randall146 said:

Why don’t they just pull Bettis’s flag?!?

Barry Sanders is 4 years older and would have been a much better choice.

• Like 1

Apple commercial screaming something about "I want my baby" and derivations thereof don't make me want an iPhone.

• Like 2

The VW commercial where some millennial tw@t-wad is walking through the city looking down at his phone, oblivious to the world... making a group of runners part him like the Red Sea, only to escape getting run over by some soccer mom because her VW has the backup camera with warnings.  

That one's great. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Laughing 1

36 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

The VW commercial where some millennial tw@t-wad is walking through the city looking down at his phone, oblivious to the world... making a group of runners part him like the Red Sea, only to escape getting run over by some soccer mom because her VW has the backup camera with warnings.  

That one's great. 

In a similar vein I find the current one for some alexa/headphones thingie where the guy is walking around asking them questions about haircare annoying. Is that where we're going as a society - everyone bumbling around in public talking to their headphones?

Edited by Gr00vus
  • Like 1

The combination of lazy and stupid customers has proven to be a true goldmine for big businesses. Many are paranoid of the government but why enslave people when you can just trick them into giving away their money and not to have to think for themselves?

Edited by Leroy Hoard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

The combination of lazy and stupid customers has proven to be a true goldmine for big businesses. Many are paranoid of the government but why enslave people when you can just trick them into giving away their money and not to have to think for themselves?

In all seriousness, it's why I don't have one and don't plan on getting one.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, nirad3 said:

That one's great. 

"There is someone... walking behind you... turn arooooound, look at meeeeee..."   

Catchy tune.  

The Ring doorbell ad where the two would be thieves are slowly approaching the porch in broad daylight. 

"This one looks like it could be a nice haul... oh wait.  It has a Ring!"  Then the CPA at the corporate gym scares them away.  "I'd run away... right now gentlemen!"  

His haughtiness is an invitation for them to come back after midnight and throw some bricks through some windows.  Or come back another day and sneak up out of view with black paint to cover the doorbell.  

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

43 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

The Ring doorbell ad where the two would be thieves are slowly approaching the porch in broad daylight. 

"This one looks like it could be a nice haul... oh wait.  It has a Ring!"  Then the CPA at the corporate gym scares them away.  "I'd run away... right now gentlemen!"  

His haughtiness is an invitation for them to come back after midnight and throw some bricks through some windows.  Or come back another day and sneak up out of view with black paint to cover the doorbell.  

Plus the guy's physique indicates it must be his first day at the gym. He's so soft and doughy

On 11/4/2019 at 12:59 PM, supermike80 said:
On 11/4/2019 at 12:56 PM, randall146 said:

And do they ever tell us what makes it platinum?  I’ve seen the commercials 4 dillion times and haven’t noticed

Cause they said so.  Don't you EVER doubt the Budweiser marketing machine.   Ever.

This is the entity that brought you...Bud Light Lime-a-rita,  and dilly dilly and watched America suck it up through a straw.  

Mmmmm, Beer

On 11/10/2019 at 2:59 PM, Chemical X said:

dominos pizza.......”just file a claim”

"We're going to expedite this order!"

Get the #### out of here with this ####, it's pizza.

Edited by Hov34
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1

45 minutes ago, Keerock said:

The champ is here.

This.

And... EVERYBODY CLAP YOUR HANDS!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

It is also annoying when stadiums play that.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

This.

:clap:

12 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

My God, this Peloton commercial makes me want to eat a tub of ice cream.

Any other man that gives their wife an exercise bike is either killed or sleeps on the couch for a month of Sundays.

The commercial where the guy buys a GMC truck and SUV for he and his wife for Christmas and she takes the truck.   First off they play it 100 times a day and secondly it is a repeat of a commercial they had last year

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Godsbrother said:

The commercial where the guy buys a GMC truck and SUV for he and his wife for Christmas and she takes the truck.   First off they play it 100 times a day and secondly it is a repeat of a commercial they had last year

Wife: Here hubby, I bought us each a watch.
Husband: Nice.  I bought you an SUV and me a pickup.
Wife: Too bad, I want the pickup.  Enjoy your watch.

Is the Dominos pizza insurance something you have to pay for or is it included? I shouldn't pay more to make sure they don't mess it up.
And the carryout insurance to make sure they'll replace it if I'm stupid and drop it?

I don't order from there already and these commercials solidify that desire to never order.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Just now, Bull Dozier said:

Guessing it’s all her :moneybag:

1 hour ago, Osaurus said:

Guessing it’s all her :moneybag:

You mis-emojiied crotchal area

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

5 hours ago, Bull Dozier said:

Still better than losing out on a Cadillac for a set of steak knives.

• Like 1

Anyone that cries about an exercise bike, needs serious help.  And maybe a real bike.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

On 11/22/2019 at 12:02 PM, Godsbrother said:

She’s pretty hot though 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

She’s pretty hot though 

meh ...and her personality ruins it.  She's the kind that purposely uses her teeth so she doesn't have to "do that thing" as often.  

• Laughing 5

10 hours ago, culdeus said:

Anyone that cries about an exercise bike, needs serious help.  And maybe a real bike.

...but, [gasp] "she said my name!" 

Does Geico have too many commercials now?  I always liked the cavemen and the lizard is a staple.  Now it just seems they're going with any and all ideas from the staff.  Mimes, mini horses, witches, lobsters, snow globes, taco night, Jerome Bettis.

• Like 2

I despise the Baker Mayfield commercial where the smoke detector goes off.  Every f&^%$ing time I think its ours...   lol

6 hours ago, notoriousbill said:

I despise the Baker Mayfield commercial where the smoke detector goes off.  Every f&^%$ing time I think its ours...   lol

My dog is freaked out by pretty much any random sounds these days so this is a killer for her.  Poor old girl can barely get up with her hips going and when this commercial comes on she is up and out of my office/den.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nirad3 said:

My dog is freaked out by pretty much any random sounds these days so this is a killer for her.  Poor old girl can barely get up with her hips going and when this commercial comes on she is up and out of my office/den.

Along with the moronic random fireworks during the summer.  Lets give these animals a break 

I get the sense that we are going to wish gran died a painful death after this holiday season is over.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dan Lambskin said:

I’ve had enough of dead grandma iPad 

lol

2 minutes ago, culdeus said:

I get the sense that we are going to wish gran died a painful death after this holiday season is over.

My guess would be that she got run over by a herd of reindeer.

• Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

My guess would be that she got run over by a herd of reindeer.

I was hoping a cross between Monkey Sars and Ebola. 

• Thinking 1

i work for a bank and these capital one cafe commercials have me laughing.  i mean, no one goes into branches anymore, yet capital one is now competing with sbux for the crowd that wants coffee and a croissant inside of a bank branch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Chemical X said:

i work for a bank and these capital one cafe commercials have me laughing.  i mean, no one goes into branches anymore, yet capital one is now competing with sbux for the crowd that wants coffee and a croissant inside of a bank branch.

So ridiculous