Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Mr. Pickles

I post my least favorite commercials here

16 hours ago, Chemical X said:

i work for a bank and these capital one cafe commercials have me laughing.  i mean, no one goes into branches anymore, yet capital one is now competing with sbux for the crowd that wants coffee and a croissant inside of a bank branch.

I mean can anyone go in there and get a free coffee?  There's one of these on way to work.  

16 minutes ago, culdeus said:

I mean can anyone go in there and get a free coffee?  There's one of these on way to work.  

Free?  LOL.............Try again.

On 11/27/2019 at 9:11 AM, notoriousbill said:

I despise the Baker Mayfield commercial where the smoke detector goes off.  Every f&^%$ing time I think its ours...   lol

With how Mayfield’s season has gone so far, you gotta think that they are regretting hitching their horse to him in such a major way.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chemical X said:

Free?  LOL.............Try again.

Oh. Lol.  Ok I was just about curious enough to go in and scam some coffee and see if Jennifer Garner is working a teller shift. 

• Like 1

I go by a bank that gives away free pens. Growing up I always remembered bank pens being tied to a metallic rope, so I see that as progress.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

We talking about that Peloton commercial yet that seems like it's part of a horror movie?

18 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

I go by a bank that gives away free pens. Growing up I always remembered bank pens being tied to a metallic rope, so I see that as progress.

you can take that from the bank brohan.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, shuke said:

We talking about that Peloton commercial yet that seems like it's part of a horror movie?

Oh man, that ad is obnoxious.  Here honey, I got you a $2,245 piece of exercise equipment that also costs $39 a month to have some guy in Boston say your name.  I think you look okay as you are but you can stand to lose a few pounds and your self esteem is lacking lately. I forgot to put a bow on it but Merry Christmas!  Now go sweat and enjoy.  

19 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

They call those chains now.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jayrok said:

Oh man, that ad is obnoxious.  Here honey, I got you a $2,245 piece of exercise equipment that also costs $39 a month to have some guy in Boston say your name.  I think you look okay as you are but you can stand to lose a few pounds and your self esteem is lacking lately. I forgot to put a bow on it but Merry Christmas!  Now go sweat and enjoy.  

And she films herself working out over the course of a year to make a highlight film for her husband as his Xmas gift ?!?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

11 minutes ago, offdee said:

And she films herself working out over the course of a year to make a highlight film for her husband as his Xmas gift ?!?

The commercial is mostly aimed at women. They think to themselves that they’ll actually exercise once they have a piece of equipment in the house, and LOOK, the instructors you pay get to know you and talk to you just like people on social media give you likes! And yeah, it will be hard some days, but the bike is right there at your house and look how rewarding it will be! And she’s really doing it for her husband anyway!

And then the guy goes along with it because maybe his wife will actually start exercising and look like that hot chick on the commercial that went from 105 pounds and 10% body fat to 104 pounds and 9.5% body fat after a year solid of using it.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2019 at 3:03 PM, Leroy Hoard said:

Along with the moronic random fireworks during the summer.  Lets give these animals a break 

Yeah, not to derail the thread but this is the reason my dog is freaked out by random noises on the TV.  She can barely get up and every 10 minutes, be it on the TV in the living room (kids) or mine in my den, there's something that's freaking her out.  

Can't stand the random fireworks from June-August.  It freaks me out too with "mild PTSD" of my own.

On 12/1/2019 at 3:45 PM, Dan Lambskin said:

I’ve had enough of dead grandma iPad 

:lol:  -- but seriously, makes me tear up every single time.

On 12/2/2019 at 8:46 AM, fruity pebbles said:

His fat lower lip bugs me

:lmao:  just noticed this.  I really only noticed his lisp, maybe the two are related.  

4 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

The commercial is mostly aimed at women. They think to themselves that they’ll actually exercise once they have a piece of equipment in the house, and LOOK, the instructors you pay get to know you and talk to you just like people on social media give you likes! And yeah, it will be hard some days, but the bike is right there at your house and look how rewarding it will be! And she’s really doing it for her husband anyway!

And then the guy goes along with it because maybe his wife will actually start exercising and look like that hot chick on the commercial that went from 105 pounds and 10% body fat to 104 pounds and 9.5% body fat after a year solid of using it.

These commercials can suck it. Obviously these things are expensive, so they show them in million dollar (plus) lofts surrounded by hip/expensive furniture.  No kidding, someone that can afford a joint like that can afford a Peloton.  Mr. Single Income With 2 Kids (looking at myself) will never be able to afford this.  Go to the damn gym.

37 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Don't forget the admiring toddler she's setting such a tremendous example for.

The whole thing is like an alternative universe version of Black Mirror's "Fifteen Million Merits".

Edited by Andy Dufresne
  • Like 2

The Geico commercial with the agree to disagree so build a snowglobe is one of the most cynical takes on hopeful modern romance I've ever seen. It treats it like insurance would.

https://youtu.be/Y-nKsV1_Ctk

9 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

"Alexa, call dad so he can give me tips on how I can be more attractive to this guy who's coming over for dinner."

She's hot.  

Alot better than some fat florist able to increase her food budget or something

9 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

"Alexa, call dad so he can give me tips on how I can be more attractive to this guy who's coming over for dinner."

Not necessarily a guy, Sam could mean Samantha...

• Thanks 1

"Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we made a commercial for the VW Beetle while using an actual Beatles song? Oh, but let's get a children's choir to sing it so that it's extra tearjerking!"

• Like 1

Gosh I love anything Reese's, but the whole "not sorry" thing is stupid.

• Thanks 1

What's with the trend of dubbing voice overs with voices that clearly don't match the actor?

It's really uncanny valley-ish to me.