What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (5 Viewers)

The Liberty Insurance ad where 1 child opens the gift showing the Liberty box, then the other child got a bike for Christmas and he is jealous that the kid just got, kicks the bike and leaves in a rampage.
Never saw it, but this actually sounds pretty good.

The Lincoln commercial where the mom walks in the front door,  sees her kids and husband playing with toys, and walks out again to hide in her SUV. How fragile do you have to be to not be able to handle people playing with toys in the house?

This one is head-spinningly stupid for a few reasons - I'm not sure which company is running this, but I think it's for auto insurance.

Scene opens and some bearded hipster turning on his gas stove to heat up a tea kettle.
Hipster gets in his car and drives to pick up some fresh fish, a loaf of bread (where a kindly black fellow passes it to him through an open window and says "still warm") and maybe another errand or two in total.
Hipster gets back home RIGHT IN TIME for his tea kettle to make the hissing noise.
Hipster sits down and the FIRST THING he does is lot into his auto insurance on his phone to see that, yup, he's driven all of 1.1 miles and was charged 0.11 cents for it.
Then, the commercial ends and pans away from a very small island that just happens to have a thriving fishing community, local baker, florist, dessert shoppe, etc.

WHY WOULDN'T A FREAKING HIPSTER WALK THE 1.1 MILES?  OR TAKE A BIKE?  And who in the sam hell races into the house to log into their auto insurance to make sure it's captured their latest drive accurately?  

The whole thing is stupid.  

This one is head-spinningly stupid for a few reasons - I'm not sure which company is running this, but I think it's for auto insurance.

Scene opens and some bearded hipster turning on his gas stove to heat up a tea kettle.
Hipster gets in his car and drives to pick up some fresh fish, a loaf of bread (where a kindly black fellow passes it to him through an open window and says "still warm") and maybe another errand or two in total.
Hipster gets back home RIGHT IN TIME for his tea kettle to make the hissing noise.
Hipster sits down and the FIRST THING he does is lot into his auto insurance on his phone to see that, yup, he's driven all of 1.1 miles and was charged 0.11 cents for it.
Then, the commercial ends and pans away from a very small island that just happens to have a thriving fishing community, local baker, florist, dessert shoppe, etc.

WHY WOULDN'T A FREAKING HIPSTER WALK THE 1.1 MILES?  OR TAKE A BIKE?  And who in the sam hell races into the house to log into their auto insurance to make sure it's captured their latest drive accurately?  

The whole thing is stupid.  
The first thing I thought was anyone who could afford to live on that island doesn't care about their daily car insurance expense.  Pretty sure he was driving a luxury brand SUV too.

Most of these ads totally suck, but somehow continue to be greenlighted by the people paying for them. And we get the joy of watching them.

Most of these ads totally suck, but somehow continue to be greenlighted by the people paying for them. And we get the joy of watching them.
I have a remote. No way I sit through any of them. (Yes, I do indeed drive the wife crazy flipping the channel during commercials).

Tom Servo said:
The chick is hot. :shrug:
She was hot in year one. Commercial was funny.

Year two (last year) she was still hot, but then I started to get mad at the guy for buying himself a truck and not having the stones to say: "Sorry - that's my truck."

Year three (this year) I want to punch them both in the face.

I agree with you.  I hate that spot and her bratty entitled attitude.  The AT&T spokeswoman... now she's hot. 
Maybe so, but the whole condescending "Word of mouth. It's what they did before commercials" line and the smug way she delivers that line......

Maybe so, but the whole condescending "Word of mouth. It's what they did before commercials" line and the smug way she delivers that line......
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=f0Rl7NZ1&id=37CD6A61485A899D847EFBCBF85540A92E564359&thid=OIP.f0Rl7NZ1hvVyAV0gSL3bCgHaHa&mediaurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.redd.it%2Fdrsprdcnuim21.jpg&exph=1920&expw=1920&q=lily+at&=t+lady&simid=608047814876792233&ck=45840B4A00CB6AF65195D21AC6B90C20&selectedindex=9&form=EX0023&adlt=demote&shtp=GetUrl&shid=a65f9fbd-95df-412a-b8f9-7ec8c7654463&shtk=TWlsYW5hIFZheW50cnViIDogbGFkaWVzb2Z0aGVtY3U%3D&shdk=Rm91bmQgb24gQmluZyBmcm9tIHd3dy5yZWRkaXQuY29t&shhk=9%2B%2FghT4zSwbu1kPW6N%2BlAuRdPeuhOELDV7phrVMjqoM%3D&shth=OSH.gKWJSlYwr6jxAR9rtenJjg

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=BDw40Ins&id=746C7018C199462A4E82639E20D4379378EB0535&thid=OIP.BDw40InsKLoQMvQfHj7y1AAAAA&mediaurl=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2F236x%2Fa6%2F5e%2F86%2Fa65e86a6a873c628f0a6ee640731e195.jpg&exph=333&expw=235&q=lily+at&=t+lady&simid=608032404533087576&ck=0DA47A4BC70240AF0A2F9245BAF3B83F&selectedindex=170&form=EX0023&adlt=demote&shtp=GetUrl&shid=45bb483c-958e-4e8f-bdcd-d5434973c652&shtk=MjM1IEJlc3QgTWlsYW5hIFZheW50cnViIGltYWdlcyB8IEFjdHJlc3NlcywgQ2VsZWJyaXRpZXMgLi4u&shdk=Rm91bmQgb24gQmluZyBmcm9tIHd3dy5waW50ZXJlc3Quc2U%3D&shhk=ukBMSSOvnc2o9QhaiW%2BcugbDu6dXw0yZUWlzl%2FOr2OM%3D&shth=OSH.EGHnaojOgYb6UdP80rC%2BVA

All good stuff here.  I mostly hate all commercials now, and I tend to see the same ones over and over since all I really watch live is sports.  In fact that's really it.  I DVR a few other shows and naturally fast-forward through all ads.

I think it's safe to say the Christmas car commercials are collectively the worst.  Especially anything GM.
Along with Rock-n-Roll Santas or cash spewing Santas. Of course these usually appear in local car commercials, so there is quite a bit of cross-over between the two.

Users who are viewing this thread