What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WCOFF MOCK DRAFT (1 Viewer)

It looks like AD11 has timed out again...

I don't want to have to replace him, but this is the second time he timed out.

You guys can always send me a list if you don't think you'll be around to make your pick... I know I have already told you guys a bunch of times, but it will really help solve problems like this.

Looks like Derrick Ward is the next-highest-ranked guy by the footballguys "experts."

AD11 has two receivers and two RBs. Seems to me Ward is a solid pick for him.

I have to ask...why (would Jack?) take Maroney here, when he probably wouldn't go off the board until round 10? Was there a spike in his value for some reason?
I'm not even looking at anyone else's value chart for this. Just going by my own.I've been burned many times by thinking I could get a guy later. Last year, for example, I had Steve Slaton ranked pretty high, but his ADP was much lower than I had him. So I let him slide. And in my league, he was taken 2-3 rounds ahead of where he was projected. I thought, "Eh, no big deal. That guy reached, so I'm not missing out." Well, I WAS missing out. Big time. So I'm not playing that game anymore, where I let guys slide because I should be able to get them later. It only takes ONE leaguemate to screw that up, so I'm taking guys who *I* want.Maroney was my third-ranked RB remaining, behind Willie Parker and Thomas Jones. When I decided not to go double-tight-end at the previous turn (I'd seriously considered taking Gates as my flex player), I figured I'd better get a third RB here because I like the depth at WR in this draft.

I have to ask...why (would Jack?) take Maroney here, when he probably wouldn't go off the board until round 10? Was there a spike in his value for some reason?
I'm not even looking at anyone else's value chart for this. Just going by my own.I've been burned many times by thinking I could get a guy later. Last year, for example, I had Steve Slaton ranked pretty high, but his ADP was much lower than I had him. So I let him slide. And in my league, he was taken 2-3 rounds ahead of where he was projected. I thought, "Eh, no big deal. That guy reached, so I'm not missing out." Well, I WAS missing out. Big time. So I'm not playing that game anymore, where I let guys slide because I should be able to get them later. It only takes ONE leaguemate to screw that up, so I'm taking guys who *I* want.Maroney was my third-ranked RB remaining, behind Willie Parker and Thomas Jones. When I decided not to go double-tight-end at the previous turn (I'd seriously considered taking Gates as my flex player), I figured I'd better get a third RB here because I like the depth at WR in this draft.
Thanks, just wondering. I completely agree with grabbing who you want. in this draft, I wanted to get Donald Brown and went with Dallas Clark, and lost my chance. Should have grabbed him.I like Maroney, but have been burned by him yearly since his rookie year. I am extremely skeptical of the whole NE situation, but think there's upside there.

Thanks, just wondering. I completely agree with grabbing who you want. in this draft, I wanted to get Donald Brown and went with Dallas Clark, and lost my chance. Should have grabbed him.I like Maroney, but have been burned by him yearly since his rookie year. I am extremely skeptical of the whole NE situation, but think there's upside there.
I had Donald Brown lined up immediately after Addai was taken but took Stewart thinking I could get Brown on the way back. Lesson learned.

Good point. I was hoping Ray Rice was going to fall to me this round, looks like he was taken just a few picks short. Certainly nothing wrong with reaching for a guy you want. (which is what I've been doing this whole draft. Its what you do to counterbalance picking at the 12 spot.)

I had Donald Brown lined up immediately after Addai was taken but took Stewart thinking I could get Brown on the way back. Lesson learned.
I did that also, in a mock on fantasyfootballcalculator.com. I took Stewart because he fell, and thought that Brown wouldn't get taken for another 2 rounds. Stewart was a 'luxury' pick, in that, I had taken Addai and wanted to lock up the IND backfield. I didn't really 'need' Stewart there. I guess it was another lesson about grabbing the guy you want a bit early to stick to a draft plan. I felt like Addai was a time bomb without having DBrown behind him.And, yup, I wanted Ray Rice too. figured he'd fall at least another round. Most of the mocks I have done have been 10 team, so it starts to get muddy around here for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can we get an update in the OP? It's easier to do a control find to makes sure the guy you are taking hasn't been taken yet.

Users who are viewing this thread