What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

REUNION League Draft Thread (1 Viewer)

With OldMilwaukee timing out at 4PM and in an effort to keep this draft from grinding to a further halt, we'll move forward with the following....

Pictus Cat @ 2.11: Roddy White

Grouse @ 2.12: Brandon Jacobs

I will now PM next...

I have been at the hospital today with my Dad having outpatient procedure. and I see not much progress made today,

Reminder that a couple expressed the desire to not begin the clock on Father's Day weekend so it was stated in the dice roll for draft position that the clock would not begin until Monday morning.

Even though I'm disappointed at the lack of progress, I think that we should stand by that statement.

Disagree?

IIRC we were always scheduled to start on the 19th = today, so I think we get as much as we can done today and Then turn the clock off tonight but HIGHLY ENCOURAGE whatever picks we can make before the clock RESUMES on Monday morning.

For those with Father's Day activities that will give them problems, they can submit lists or call or even have someone call them IF they choose to do so.

IIRC we were always scheduled to start on the 19th = today, so I think we get as much as we can done today and Then turn the clock off tonight but HIGHLY ENCOURAGE whatever picks we can make before the clock RESUMES on Monday morning.For those with Father's Day activities that will give them problems, they can submit lists or call or even have someone call them IF they choose to do so.
I think the draft genie is out of the bottle at this point.

Via cell phone...With the 13th pick in the 2nd round of the 2009 Reunion League Draft, Pimpin Ain't Easy selects...

2.13 WR-Dwayne Bowe, Kansas City Chiefs.

I have been at the hospital today with my Dad having outpatient procedure. and I see not much progress made today, Reminder that a couple expressed the desire to not begin the clock on Father's Day weekend so it was stated in the dice roll for draft position that the clock would not begin until Monday morning.Even though I'm disappointed at the lack of progress, I think that we should stand by that statement.Disagree?
Hope your dad feels better.

per PM from Twilight

2.14 T.J. Houshmandzadeh, WR, SEA

Championship!

3.01 Tom Brady, QB, NE

back to PAE

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry men tragedy struck a dear friend. Traveled 400 miles with just a cell phone and didn't think at all about this draft.

I have an short time here to catch up, make a pick, and send a list.

I would like to swap phone numbers with someone, as I my connection will be limited until about Wednesday evening.

ANYONE feel free to make a pick for me.....Don't hold this up. If I can, I will be connected, send list, return phone calls.

If I can't......PICK!

sorry to hear all the bad news in here

glad om jumped back in so hes still in the game

lets give him back the full 8 hour clock since we know how to get in touch with him and he had an emergency

Captain Hook said:
sorry to hear all the bad news in hereglad om jumped back in so hes still in the gamelets give him back the full 8 hour clock since we know how to get in touch with him and he had an emergency
I am fine with that, but it doesn't seem necessary since we have his cell and he said to have someone pick for him if he is not here......with that would we really wait beyond the four hours??
was thinking about after hes back wed but he probably cool either way

It was a difficult choice for me and Barber Bush.

I think Barber is going to be in a 3 RB committee, plus a TD upside,

while Bush will be only a 2 RB commitee, plus his PPR upside, and I don't think he will lose all the goaline.

Some people predict injuries, me, not so much. They both were injured last year and see lots of contact.

I went with Reggie in hopes of 16 weeks of health with the high production he showed early in the year.

per AIM, for Team Legacy

3.09 Pierre Thomas, RB, Saints

and for ravnzfn from list

3.10 Peyton Manning, QB, Colts

pming next

Will pick within the hour. Need to finish up a few things here at work and my list has been decimated with the last few picks. Sorry for the slight holdup.

First let me tell you how much it blows picking at 14 in this group :finger:

Yes, partially because I misjudged the way the draft would go with you arsclowns leaving the value where I didn't want to draft, anyway

3.14 Eddie Royal, WR, Broncos

and

4.01 Antonio Bryant, WR, Bucs

both nice receivers but slight reaches here, but I don't like the alternatives and Royal was one of my guys last year so hopefully the Broncos trade Marshall and ER gets more balls

4.02 Aaron Rodgers QB GB

not really thrilled with this pick, but I don't like the options for me here at RB, WR, or TE due to bye weeks \ large tiers. Instead, i'll go ahead and grab my QB.

I was hoping Hook wouldn't take Royal :/

Yes, partially because I misjudged the way the draft would go with you arsclowns leaving the value where I didn't want to draft, anyway

and

both nice receivers but slight reaches here, but I don't like the alternatives and Royal was one of my guys last year so hopefully the Broncos trade Marshall and ER gets more balls
nice as that pair of RB's was to start things rolling, the thing I've seen consistently this off season is guys like MB-III being there in the middle of the 3rd round---I mean, seriously... :sadbanana: I had to send an amended list to Hook, after I realized the guy was still on the board when Fiddles was OTC in the 3rd...as it turned out, Fidds caught it at pretty much the same time I did and made the (right) call

but in the end, I aggree Hook...I'd hate trying to put a team together from the 14 hole w/this group!

Last edited by a moderator:

and

nice as that pair of RB's was to start things rolling, the thing I've seen consistently this off season is guys like MB-III being there in the middle of the 3rd round---I mean, seriously... :goodposting: I had to send an amended list to Hook, after I realized the guy was still on the board when Fiddles was OTC in the 3rd...as it turned out, Fidds caught it at pretty much the same time I did and made the (right) call

but in the end, I aggree Hook...I'd hate trying to put a team together from the 14 hole w/this group!
It seems that I can't catch a break with the guys right before me or right after me. Was hoping for Slaton, Portis, or C Johnson with my 2nd round pick, and was hoping MBIII, Manning, or even Marshall would fall to me in the 3rd.... I even would have contemplated taking Rodgers with my 3rd but he was also taken right before me. So I had to make do with what was still available and decided to go with perhaps the last "elite" TE. Clark should see a lot of action now with ?? with the RBs and no Harrison anymore (not that he was a huge factor before). I like Gonzalez, but the uncertainty of whether he will fit into the #2 role or not has me thinking Manning will be looking Wayne and Clark's way a lot this year.

okay, back at the ranch..........I am planning on just running this in one thread unless anyone has violent objections.

Doing pretty well for a Saturday..........at least so far

4.9 Papa rzrback77 (grandpa) selects old man Warner QB Cardinals

I am still a couple of days from home on cell so I appreciate someone picking up the PM.

Users who are viewing this thread