Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jstar

Governor of South Carolina

You guys missed the point. This is more of an immigration issue than one of morals or religious high-ground. It disgusts me that he would have an affair with a South American that may or may not be an illegal immigrant if they someday came to this country when there are thousands of whores out of work RIGHT HERE IN THE USA!!!!!!! I think we as a nation need to DEMAND that these South American whores come here and make thereselves known to us, so that they can be identified and dealt with appropriately. And without us having to fly for over a day to get to them. I'll make room to keep the first few in custody - maybe in my garage or something...I haven't worked that part of the plan out.

Sanford has always been known for his outsourcing. It is a shame that he couldn't choose a fine South Carolina whore with our 12% inflation.

Man, just how bad do you have to be with the ladies that you have to fly 14 hours just to get some?

DNC didn't set itself up as "God's Party" like the GOP did. Doubt too many Evangelicals are Democratic.

So Democrats get a pass on this sort of thing. Gotcha.

How about we hold all politicians to the same standard, regardless of party affiliation?

We do. But Dems by and large do not interject god and faith into their platform the way the GOP does. Comes off very hypocritical when things like this come to light.
Link?
Google "God's Party" and start from there.

Man, just how bad do you have to be with the ladies that you have to fly 14 hours just to get some?

He said he "wanted to do something exotic" to unwind after losing a fight over federal stimulus money.

:thumbup:

I must have been through about a million girls

I'd love 'em then I'd leave 'em alone

I didn't care how much they cried, no sir

Their tears left me cold as a stone

But then I fooled around and fell in love

I fooled around and fell in love, yes I did

I fooled around and fell in love

I fooled around and fell in love

Local radio host said he wasn't on the Appalachian Trail, he was on the Argentinian Tail

The governor apologized profusely to his family, his staff and the people of South Carolina. He said he's let down his four sons in a "profound way," though he said his wife Jenny had known about the affair for five months and they were trying to work through it.

How can he say he and his wife were trying to work through it when he just spent a week in Argentina with the other woman? :thumbup:

The governor apologized profusely to his family, his staff and the people of South Carolina. He said he's let down his four sons in a "profound way," though he said his wife Jenny had known about the affair for five months and they were trying to work through it.

How can he say he and his wife were trying to work through it when he just spent a week in Argentina with the other woman? :thumbup:
Evidently, they weren't doing a good job.

Evidently, they weren't doing a good job.
:lmao:

The truth is that this is really not a story until we know something for sure. If this were a Dem(say, John Edwards), it'd be hidden until the truth became so obvious the National Enquiror had to report it. (Not that there's much difference between the National Enquiror and the media).

Ouch. But the good news is we all win because this (Sanford's) political grandstander's career is over.

The guy got away for a few days to charge his battery.

is that what we're calling it?

The truth is that this is really not a story until we know something for sure. If this were a Dem(say, John Edwards), it'd be hidden until the truth became so obvious the National Enquiror had to report it. (Not that there's much difference between the National Enquiror and the media).

Ouch. But the good news is we all win because this (Sanford's) political grandstander's career is over.
:thumbup:

OK, now it's official. :excited:

At least it's a woman. Presumably a hottie and not some dude he was trying to pick up in the mens room of some rest area.

I don't know. I kinda liked the pigs he brought to the presser last year.

At least it's a woman.

Well, at least that's what the guy that lied to his wife and kids and staff and constituents and the media says. So it must be true.

OK, now it's official. :excited:

At least it's a woman. Presumably a hottie and not some dude he was trying to pick up in the mens room of some rest area.

He's GOP right?

You might wanna hold off on that assumption. Just sayin...

Are there no women closer that would sleep with the guy? He's a governor and he has to go to Argentina? She'd better be hot...

If the GOP was smart, they would have long ago dropped their puritanical political posturing to minimize the impact of fallout from stories like this, but that aside, this is really no one's business except for Sanford and his family. Anyone who allows their support or opposition to Sanford be affected by this is either incredibly naive or living in a fantasy world.

Transvestites like to be called women and referred to using female pronouns.

And he said he did five days of crying... :whistle:

If the GOP was smart, they would have long ago dropped their puritanical political posturing to minimize the impact of fallout from stories like this, but that aside, this is really no one's business except for Sanford and his family. Anyone who allows their support or opposition to Sanford be affected by this is either incredibly naive or living in a fantasy world.

I expect him to step down from the Governor's seat for a stunt like this. Am I "living in a fantasy world?"And it became South Carolina's business when the Governor left the state without informing the citizens of his state that he was temporarily leaving his job as public servant.And everyone's business is the FFA's business. That's just how it works.

I expect him to step down from the Governor's seat for a stunt like this. Am I "living in a fantasy world?"And it became South Carolina's business when the Governor left the state without informing the citizens of his state that he was temporarily leaving his job as public servant.And everyone's business is the FFA's business. That's just how it works.
Yes - if it's somehow shocking news to you that the characteristics that drive some men to seek positions of high power also result in them cheating on their spouses, than you are living in a fantasy world. That's often how that works.

Yes - if it's somehow shocking news to you that the characteristics that drive some men to seek positions of high power also result in them cheating on their spouses, than you are living in a fantasy world. That's often how that works.
Penises?

Penises?
:confused: That's also a contributing factor.

I will take all comments, questions, and mockery for the next 30 minutes.

:shrug: Got busy at work and missed my window. Good to see you're a standup guy.

Didn't the Governor of NY step down for the same thing?

not exactly, no. he hired a pro. big difference* between (1) cheating and (2) breaking the law while cheating.*in the eyes of the public

Just out of curiousity, does anyone think we would have been better off without Thomas Jefferson as a founding father because of his extramarital misconduct? Anyone think we would have been better off without Kennedy in the whitehouse during the Cuban missle crisis since he is known to have had numerous affairs? I think most adults realize that your faithfullness to your spouse (or lack there of) shouldn't serve as a prerequisite or negating factor for a leadership position.

Add in that he has 4 boys that are all under the age of not caring if Dad is around and Sanford picks Father's Day weekend to take off and it just smells. Even if the guy is totally on the up & up about his trip to Argentina he's an ### for leaving the family on this weekend. I don't buy his story at all and agree with all the rest of you saying this is/was political suicide. Stupid move on his part.

He's visiting the other family he has going on...give the guy some credit for not completely being a deadbeat dad.

Just out of curiousity, does anyone think we would have been better off without Thomas Jefferson as a founding father because of his extramarital misconduct? Anyone think we would have been better off without Kennedy in the whitehouse during the Cuban missle crisis since he is known to have had numerous affairs? I think most adults realize that your faithfullness to your spouse (or lack there of) shouldn't serve as a prerequisite or negating factor for a leadership position.

As as often the case, the cover-up is worse than the crime.

The govenor of a state cannot go AWOL with no one able to reach him and no one knowing where he is for several days, unless he sets it up in advance so there's a chain of commandhe coulda been knitting quilts, doesn't matter

As as often the case, the cover-up is worse than the crime.
True - but given that we put people in office in such a position where they can't be honest about it and have to cover it or lose their job is the real problem. There are no perks for honesty in that situation. I think the public has to grow up a little in that respect. The mock outrage that guys in powerful positions sometimes cheat on their wives really illustrates a lack of understanding.

The govenor of a state cannot go AWOL with no one able to reach him and no one knowing where he is for several days, unless he sets it up in advance so there's a chain of commandhe coulda been knitting quilts, doesn't matter
That's a fair point - but what if he had been off engaged in what some would consider more "moral" behavior? If he had neglected to tell his wife that he was off at a "promise-keepers" religious retreat do you think he would be in the same situation he is now?

Oh that doesn't shock me. I'm just saying that when you get caught, you step down. That's all.

I've made a lot of stops all over the world

And in every part I own the heart

Of at least one lovely girl

I've a pretty Seniorita waiting for me

Down in old Mexico

If you're ever in Alaska stop and see

My cute little Eskimo

Oh my sweet Fraulien down in Berlin town

Makes my heart start to yearn

And my China doll down in old Hong Kong

Waits for my return

Pretty Polynesian baby over the sea

I remember the night

When we walked in the sands of the Waikiki

And I held you oh so tight

Oh that doesn't shock me. I'm just saying that when you get caught, you step down. That's all.
I would respectfully disagree. That would stop a lot of well qualified people from holding office and whose leadership would strengthen our districts, states, and country.

I would respectfully disagree. That would stop a lot of well qualified people from holding office and whose leadership would strengthen our districts, states, and country.
I respectfully disagree saying that they disqualify themselves based on their actions.But we can agree to degree and get back to the more important FFA topics at hand.:goodposting:

And doubly-extra for Mark Sanford. He became a marked man when he put up such a fight over the stimulus. The left loves to take down a popular conservative.

The left loves to take down "family values" conservatives who cheat on their wives. Because the left likes to expose the hypocrisy of the right. It has nothing to do with the stimulus, or being popular, etc. It has to do with being a hypocrite.For earlier examples of this hypocrisy see: Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich, Bob Dole, etc etc etc.

I respectfully disagree saying that they disqualify themselves based on their actions.But we can agree to degree and get back to the more important FFA topics at hand.:bye:

Agreed. :hifive: Wow. Respectful disagreements in the FFA. And they say it could never happen..... :goodposting:

I respectfully disagree saying that they disqualify themselves based on their actions.But we can agree to degree and get back to the more important FFA topics at hand.:hifive:

Agreed. :hifive: Wow. Respectful disagreements in the FFA. And they say it could never happen..... :thumbup:
SLAP FIGHT!Oh, wait those are high fives.... :lmao:

And doubly-extra for Mark Sanford. He became a marked man when he put up such a fight over the stimulus. The left loves to take down a popular conservative.

The left loves to take down "family values" conservatives who cheat on their wives. Because the left likes to expose the hypocrisy of the right. It has nothing to do with the stimulus, or being popular, etc. It has to do with being a hypocrite.For earlier examples of this hypocrisy see: Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich, Bob Dole, etc etc etc.
Designing, building, and deploying that army of Fembots to seduce and ruin conservatives who oppose the left's policies is just another one of Howard Dean's masterstrokes as head of the DNC. But he never gets any credit for it. And that's why we hate Palin so much -- her imperviousness to the charms of the Fembots is throwing our entire 2012 strategy into disarray. Interesting sidenote: we haven't been able to get Romney yet because he is also a robot. While CEO of American Motors, his father had Mitt constructed from spare Gremlin parts. But MittBot does have a weakness. If he is ever rear-ended, he will explode.

When you flush a career down the toilet in Argentina, does it spin to the right?

Wait, what did Bob Dole do? He always seemed like a stand up guy.

When you flush a career down the toilet, does it spin to the right?

Depends upon if you're north or south of the equator. :popcorn:

When you flush a career down the toilet, does it spin to the right?

Not in every case. When Bill Clinton flushed, the toilet clogged and the #### floated to the top.

Jenny Sanford is a classy woman, just FYI. The statement she just released reflects as much.

The left loves to take down "family values" conservatives who cheat on their wives. Because the left likes to expose the hypocrisy of the right. It has nothing to do with the stimulus, or being popular, etc. It has to do with being a hypocrite.

For earlier examples of this hypocrisy see: Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich, Bob Dole, etc etc etc.

Sanford's hypocrisy appears on the fiscal side as well.

Turns out he spent 21k in taxpayer dollars on international travel last year, including some trips to Argentina:

http://rawstory.com/blog/2009/06/sanfords-...axpayer-funded/

Man what a monumental downward spiral for this guy. In about 6 months he goes from being talked about as a possible 2012 nominee to a laughingstock.

Wait, what did Bob Dole do? He always seemed like a stand up guy.
After his 1st wife nursed him back to health following the war, he became a politician, moved to DC, and shacked up with Libby Dole. Then divorced his wife. Definitely a stand up guy.