Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iSnitch

Cops called on me tonight

We hold a weekly poker night at our house. Sometimes someone will park in front of a neighbor's driveway but that's the extent of our troubles. Well, usually. It doesn't happen every week but it's not uncommon for the cops to show up.

I'll give an example of what happened tonight:

A few of us are left out back playing cards. The music is still playing and we've lost about half the crowd - so we're down to seven or eight people. My dog start barking like crazy and after telling him to shut it a couple times I head to the door and hear someone knocking very, very quietly. I've had cops over before and I know that's not how they normally operate. They never hesitate to knock loudly.

I tell them I didn't hear them knocking as it was pretty quiet and they said they thought everyone was asleep. They make some small talk about my cowardly dog's big bark and I ask them if there is a problem. They give a look of confusion and ask "Uhm...this is 17, right?" I tell them it is. They ask if we have people over and I tell them there are a few folk her but no party or anything like that. We chat some more and they write down my name and D.O.B. but don't even bother asking to see my license. They again ask if they have the right address. They proceed to tell me they're not sure when the call came in and if it stays like that there isn't any problem.

They then sit outside for at least 20-30 minutes before taking off.

I'm fairly certain I know which neighbor this is. Several of the neighbors have my cell number (I've given it and told them to call me if there's ever an issue) and on the rare time somebody does park in front of the one neighbor's house, they've had no problems coming over and knocking on the door. I chat with them and we do the whole neighbor wave thing. Of the two neighbors on each side of me, one of them is a guy I chat with on a regular basis and I know he wouldn't have a problem talking to me. The other neighbor will regularly throw small parties and have things going on during the weekends. We were also getting complaints before they moved in so I'd be shocked if they were the whiners.

No, the neighbor I suspect is this old couple that live in the corner behind us. I've run into other neighbors that have told me the old lady there has called the cops on them before. One neighbor said she's called the cops on him for disturbing the peace during the day in a weekend for throwing a loud bbq. No music, just a lot of people at a family pool party. Another neighbor has alleged she called the cops on him while he was out working on his car during a Saturday afternoon. Neither one of these neighbors talk to one another so I really don't think it's some conspiracy to get me to hate this woman.

I've gone to this woman's house before and given her my number, and asked her to talk to me if she ever has, or has had, any kind of a problem. She told me it's fine in a rather curt manner and that's the extent of my dealings with her.

Aside from killing this woman, I'm shuked.

Help?

Why do your friends park in front of your neighbor's driveway?

It's just something that happens from time to time.

And you see nothing wrong with this? :shock:

Does it keep them from getting in and out of the driveway?

What kind of ####### friends do you have? :shrug:

Why can't they park in the street somewhere else?

Tell them to stop blocking people's driveways.

:shrug: Just how dense are you?

Why were the police called? Blocking a driveway or noise?

What time was this?

You say that you were not having a party, but 15 seems like a party to me. That number of people in a yard can get pretty loud.

The thread title says it all:

'Cops called on me tonight, Pain in the rear neighbor'

There is definitely a pain in the ### neighbor in this 'hood....

:thumbup:

yeah. If you're having 15 or so people over, sitting "out back" with music playing on a weeknight every week I would have a problem with it. And I would be ok with a car blocking my driveway once. Next time it's getting towed.

And I would be ok with a car blocking my driveway once.

That's one more time than I would be ok with it. That #### is just a blatant dick move. Tell tubby to park down the street and hike it, instead of blocking anyone's driveway.

Let's not forget the barking dog.

I'm a big fan of dogs but NOTHING makes me crazier than a neighbor who regularly lets out a barking dog. If you cannot keep your dog quiet it needs to be inside at night.

Sounds to me like you are the problem. Every week, like clockwork, you inconvenience and disturb your neighbors late into the night. Behavior that was appropriate in your dorm or frat house is not appropriate in a residential neighborhod. I bet you were that kid who the kindergarten teacher had to remind every day about using your indoor voice.

You are "that guy". You know, the one who people like as a friend but hate as a neighbor.

Sometimes someone will park in front of a neighbor's driveway

WTF??This is totally unacceptable. How can you not realize that?

Sounds to me like you are the problem. Every week, like clockwork, you inconvenience and disturb your neighbors late into the night. Behavior that was appropriate in your dorm or frat house is not appropriate in a residential neighborhod. I bet you were that kid who the kindergarten teacher had to remind every day about using your indoor voice. You are "that guy". You know, the one who people like as a friend but hate as a neighbor.

:thumbup: Giving out your cell number for WHEN things get out of hand is not good enough. Can you put your dog in the house at least or get him to stop barking?

Let's not forget the barking dog. I'm a big fan of dogs but NOTHING makes me crazier than a neighbor who regularly lets out a barking dog. If you cannot keep your dog quiet it needs to be inside at night.

The dog was barking because the cops were at the door. Thats one of the many things that makes dogs so great.

Briefly, on a serious note, it seems like you're quite accustomed to having the police knock at your door. Like, it's not any more unusual than calling out for pizza. Most people would consider having the police on their doorstep once a year to be too much.

This thread is awesome. The rude neighbor, who doesn't realize he is a rude neighbor, getting smoked in his own thread.

It would be even funnier if I didn't have crappy neighbors myself.

Sometimes someone will park in front of a neighbor's driveway

WTF??This is totally unacceptable. How can you not realize that?
:rolleyes: It is so blatantly ignorant, that I almost think the OP is :(

What kind of ####### friends do you have? :thumbdown:
:goodposting:

Karma has a weird way of biting you in the butt. Maybe you will rethink your position on Megan Fox.

I was thinking he meant his friend parked in front of the neighbors house, not in front of the driveway physically blocking him in/out.

To me that's incomprehensible that someone would block a driveway knowingly.

:goodposting: Where you choose to park your car doesn't just "happen."

:goodposting:

yeah. If you're having 15 or so people over, sitting "out back" with music playing on a weeknight every week I would have a problem with it. And I would be ok with a car blocking my driveway once. Next time it's getting towed stolen.

Fixed.

This thread is awesome. The rude neighbor, who doesn't realize he is a rude neighbor, getting smoked in his own thread.It would be even funnier if I didn't have crappy neighbors myself.

Exactly. Do you think the neighbors enjoy calling the cops? It's time to start being more considerate and aware of others.

I imagine that the considerate people that park in front of driveways are real considerate when a big hand is completed and don't yell out expletives in unison.

Another tip: Please don't keep your laundry out on the line all day. When it's dry, bring it in as it is an eyesore.

Finally, Reynolds Wrap does not make curtains.

I imagine that the considerate people that park in front of driveways are real considerate when a big hand is completed and don't yell out expletives in unison.

Another tip: Please don't keep your laundry out on the line all day. When it's dry, bring it in as it is an eyesore.

Finally, Reynolds Wrap does not make curtains.

I usually go with newspaper or aluminum foil here.

Briefly, on a serious note, it seems like you're quite accustomed to having the police knock at your door. Like, it's not any more unusual than calling out for pizza. Most people would consider having the police on their doorstep once a year to be too much.

This.

:headexplode:

Worst Friday post ever. I was so looking forward to picturing an episode of cops with some shirtless guy, cuffed behind his back sitting on the curb... But no. I come in here and read about an annoying neighbor and a guy who's d-bag friends don't know not to block someone's driveway when they park. :goodposting:

Lets see

Barking dog

large party

late at night

car blocking driveway

hmmm, what to do

call the cops seems right

Let's assume for a minute that he actually meant his friends park in front of the neighbors houses, which would make sense, since he said half the crowd was gone and there was still 8 people over. I know I get my panties in a bunch over someone parking in front of my house, but is it call the cops material? There has to be more to this story, or maybe his friends are that stupid and block driveways.

Let's assume for a minute that he actually meant his friends park in front of the neighbors houses, which would make sense, since he said half the crowd was gone and there was still 8 people over. I know I get my panties in a bunch over someone parking in front of my house, but is it call the cops material? There has to be more to this story, or maybe his friends are that stupid and block driveways.

Why would we assume that? He said they park in front of people's driveways.

Sounds to me like you are the problem. Every week, like clockwork, you inconvenience and disturb your neighbors late into the night. Behavior that was appropriate in your dorm or frat house is not appropriate in a residential neighborhod. I bet you were that kid who the kindergarten teacher had to remind every day about using your indoor voice. You are "that guy". You know, the one who people like as a friend but hate as a neighbor.

:lmao:

I know I get my panties in a bunch over someone parking in front of my house

It's reasonable and understandable to park in front of someone's house. Do you really not like that?

You sure this wasn't a retalitory call to the police....ISNITCH

:mellow:

Like the big-hearted, caring neighbor you are, you give out your cell number to all the neighbors so they can contact you any time something's going on at your place or with your friends that's bothering them? Sounds like the gesture of a guy who hasn't learned yet what kind of behavior might cross the line with his neighbors so he puts it on their backs to let him know. Why don't you grow up and start acting like an adult who appreciates the need to live and let live with others. Cut your poker group down to about seven players at a time, tell your guests not to block your neighbors' driveways, stop inviting those friends who can't respect that, keep your music ridiculously low (are they there to play cards or dance?), get your dog either fixed or put down, and start acting like a responsible adult. Either that or get a place out in a swamp like Shrek so you can live your life like you want without bothering other people.

Like the big-hearted, caring neighbor you are, you give out your cell number to all the neighbors so they can contact you any time something's going on at your place or with your friends that's bothering them? Sounds like the gesture of a guy who hasn't learned yet what kind of behavior might cross the line with his neighbors so he puts it on their backs to let him know. Why don't you grow up and start acting like an adult who appreciates the need to live and let live with others. Cut your poker group down to about seven players at a time, tell your guests not to block your neighbors' driveways, stop inviting those friends who can't respect that, keep your music ridiculously low (are they there to play cards or dance?), get your dog either fixed or put down, and start acting like a responsible adult. Either that or get a place out in a swamp like Shrek so you can live your life like you want without bothering other people.

[donkey]He has a family now and probably won't appreciate the company. [/donkey]

Raise your hand if you've ever given out your cell phone # to various neighbors "just in case" something you're doing is inappropriate.......

I have once. But to be fair, that car hadn't moved in 9 months.