What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

REUNION Teams and Discussions (1 Viewer)

valence

Footballguy
4.02 valence - Aaron Rodgers, QB4, GB

10.02 valence - Jake Delhomme, QB19, CAR

1.13 valence - Chris Johnson, RB9, TEN

6.02 valence - Willie Parker, RB26, PIT

7.13 valence - Donald Brown, RB33, IND

8.02 valence - Felix Jones, RB34, DAL

2.02 valence - Steve Smith, WR5, CAR

3.13 valence - Chad Ochocinco, WR16, CIN

5.13 valence - Lee Evans, WR29, BUF

11.13 valence - Devery Henderson, WR61, NO

13.13 valence - Nate Burleson, WR71, SEA

15.13 valence - Malcolm Floyd, WR76, SD

9.13 valence - Visanthe Shiancoe, TE15, MIN

14.02 valence - Anthony Fasano, TE20, MIA

12.02 valence - Philadelphia Eagles, DST3

18.02 valence - New Orleans DST23

16.02 valence - Garrett Hartley, K10, NO

17.13 valence - Rian Lindell, K23, BUF

I'll post my breakdown tomorrow. In the meantime, feel free to rip it up.

6.03 Sinrman - Jay Cutler, QB9, CHI

10.03 Sinrman - Kyle Orton, QB20, DEN

4.03 Sinrman - Ryan Grant, RB19, GB

7.12 Sinrman - Julius Jones, RB32, SEA

8.03 Sinrman - LenDale White, RB35, TEN

9.12 Sinrman - Fred Taylor, RB43, NE

1.12 Sinrman - Randy Moss, WR4, NE

2.03 Sinrman - Reggie Wayne, WR6, IND

5.12 Sinrman - Jericho Cotchery, WR28, NYJ

11.12 Sinrman - Chris Henry, WR60, CIN

13.12 Sinrman - Chansi Stuckey, WR70, NYJ

16.03 Sinrman - Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR77, OAK

3.12 Sinrman - Dallas Clark, TE4, IND

15.12 Sinrman - Robert Royal, TE24, CLE

14.03 Sinrman - David Akers, K2, PHL

17.12 Sinrman - Dan Carpenter, K22, MIA

12.03 Sinrman - Baltimore Ravens, DST4

18.03 Sinrman - Atlanta Falcons DST24

Overall, I'm kinda digging my team. Not flashy, but not bad. With my first pick (Moss), I decided to go the WR route because the RBs still available at that time I was not really liking as much. I believe a few were injury prone or I wasn't sold on them yet, so I thought Moss would be worth a lot of points most weeks. On the rebound, I decided to go with Wayne for nearly identical reasons. My third pick was really tough (Clark), as I'm not a huge fan of taking a TE early. I've been burned before, and the TE position is a feast-or-famine one where you can either get 20 points or 0-5 points after a game, and not nearly as consistent as others. But Clark was perhaps the last of the "elite" TEs (with maybe Cooley the exception) that was still available, and I decided to try and maximize my positions. My 4th pick was a no-brainer. I had neglected the RB position entirely and had to take one, and Grant was the best of the rest. The 5th pick was a strange one. Again, the RBs that were still available weren't exactly grand, and decided rather than take one that might not produce what I would like, why not snag my third WR and be done with that position for awhile? Cotchery, I think, is going to have a great year, and teamed up with Moss and Wayne gives me either the best WR trio or one of the top ones in this league. I had to get ahead of the curve and not be left behind, so I had to take Cutler with my 6th pick, otherwise I would have been facing the likes of Marc Bulger or someone else as my starting QB and that didn't seem appealing. My next three picks were all RBs, and what I felt was the best of the rest. They should get me some points, albeit not every week. Having a weak RB corps means I need to get what I can and be done with it, and I think I at least mitigated the damage. The rest were plugging holes and reaches, just like everyone else. Best pick of the rest, I think, was the Ravens DEF. I was surprised the Vikings and Eagles were taken before them, but I can't entirely blame those that took them, as the Ravens have lost a little and are aging (well, at least Ray-Ray is). They are still a force though and will be worth a lot of points.

Last edited by a moderator:

10.02 valence - Jake Delhomme, QB19, CAR :goodposting:

8.02 valence - Felix Jones, RB34, DAL :unsure:

5.13 valence - Lee Evans, WR29, BUF :rolleyes:

9.13 valence - Visanthe Shiancoe, TE15, MIN :mellow:

12.02 valence - Philadelphia Eagles, DST3 :loco:

16.02 valence - Garrett Hartley, K10, NO :thumbup:

Overall, not bad. QBs are good, as Rodgers will get you a lot of points, and Delhomme isn't a bad backup. Your RBs are clearly your weakspot. Johnson is a good pick, and I nearly took him instead of Moss, but I'm one of those old dogs that likes to see a player "do it again" and show me a little consistency before I go nuts on them. Still, he should be worth a good deal of points. Parker in the 6th round is excellent value, even if he misses a few games. The problem here though, is that if he does get hurt, you only have two other backs to pick up the slack, and with bye weeks, you're going to be hurting overall. Brown is worth a risk. Felix Jones is a nice pickup too. I thought about taking him as well, but had other things to address. That, and the three headed monster in Dallas makes it a bit more difficult to maximize his points. But hey, taking him in the 8th won't matter. Good value. I think overall the issue is only having four backs, one that only has one big season under his belt (can he do it again?), one that has trouble staying healthy, a rookie (though talented), and one that is a part of a 2-3 back RBBC. Bye weeks and injuries could kill you there. Your WRs I like overall. Great trio to start and decent backups. TE isn't bad, though not great. DEF and kicker aren't too bad either.

Like my QB's quite a bit even though I didn't really want to take one this high. I had planned on Dallas Clark at 4.02 but he got taken just before me. I didn't feel like the value at any other position was that great so I went ahead and took Rodgers. Delhomme is a great backup that can double dip with Smith occasionally

I like this group quite a bit. CJ was a steal at 13. I think he will be used even more than he was last year. Even if he only duplicates last year, he was worth it here. Parker is still the guy in 09. Mendenhal didn't show much before he went out last year, and I just have a bad feeling about the guy. Brown and Jones are both high upside guys that I believe will have a more prominent role than most people think. I thought about grabbing a 5th RB (Fargas) but would have had to sacrifice a D or PK slot to do it.

I'm thrilled with this group. my top 3 are all potential top 20 guys. my bottom 3 are all high upside guys that can contribute the few weeks a year they go off.

obviously the weak point of my team. I got a little bit lost here after I missed out on Dallas Clark and never really felt like I was getting good value at the position when my pick was up. That said, Shiancoe had several huge weeks last year, as did Fasano. My hope is they don't happen on the same weeks this year.

Philly is pretty studly and the saints have bush on special teams

two starters.

Overall: I think my only real trouble spot is at TE and playing teams with a top TE in weeks that they produce will be a problem. Picking from the end in this group (as perry has pointed out) was a real pain. Little if any value fell to us other than CJ3 to me in the first.

I look forward to the season and competing with you guys again.

Okay, not as pretty as some of the other teams, but will serve the purpose (LOL yes the players as well as the presentation)

Quarterbacks - Matt Cassell (8) and Eli Manning (10)

Somewhat influenced by the draft spot, but also it is a best ball format, so I would like to get two solid guys who are capable of putting up decent numbers in any given week and not likely to throw up a dud. The schedules are pretty complementary, and I think the value at the 7/8 turn was excellent.

Running backs - Clinton Portis (8), Steve Slaton (10), Fred Jackson (9), and LeRon McClain (7)

IMO the WR that I might have taken together or with a RB were gone at the end of the first round, so I went with the best pair of running backs I could get. As the RB value started to fall I thougnt I might have erred there but when I looked at projections for the RB/WR combinations available to me with my first four picks, they were equal or better with RB/RB and then the WR. Jackson is I think very underrated, especially in this format (some of you will remember I was even higher [read earlier] on him in WSL - largely because I thought then it was possible that Lynch could be facing an even more severe penalty......and they hadn't brought in Rhodes yet). McClain was certainly the best value on the board at the end of round 15, but I would have been better off to take a WR there and a RB later (several I like for RB4 weren't even drafted) EVEN if it meant reaching for the receiver there. Still one of if not the strongest groups in the league.

Tight Ends - Owen Daniels (10) and John Carlson (7)

The "ark" approach in full force here although as the round progressed I actually though I might do better, but Scott nixed that. BUT two of the Top 10 TE should give me very strong scoring here - easily on par with a stud and a dud.

Wide Receivers - Eddie Royal (7), Antonio Bryant (8), Domenik Hixon (10), Miles Austin (6), Laurent Robinson (9), and Harry Douglas (4)

Well every team is "short" someplace and I chose as the draft evolved that my receivers would be "less" than my opponents. Actually this plan almost worked perfectly had Bess and Floyd fallen to the end of the 15th round - so close to one or both. Still I am not unhappy with the crew - I liked Royal and Bryant at the end of the third round and both Hixon and Austin have huge big play potential and should be on the field all the time. Robinson and Douglas also are capable of big plays and one or both could play up to WR2 for their respective teams. The one advantage the group will have is that there will be five or six of them vying to put up the three best scores each week.

Defense/Special Teams - Minnesota Vikings (9) and Carolina Panthers (4)

Heck the Panthers are better than some teams best DST and the scoring potential under these rules can't be ignored (okay maybe it can be if you are studly every place else, but I didn't have that option and choose not to join the lemmings.

Kickers - Mason Crosby (5) and Adam Vinatieri (6)

Again two very good kickers, not just guys, AND secondarily but very important to my team construction, Complementary schedule wise to the rest of my team.

Overall I am pretty happy with the team - we all would like something better somewhere, and there is a long time before kickoff in Week 1, BUT I am only behind most teams at one position and ahead of most at several. It will be interesting to see if the approach works, but it was fun drafting it (as much fun as sucking last on the teat can ever be).

2.08 D.Brees NO

7.07 B.Rothlisberger PIT

QBs all tend to go a bit early in this group so I wanted to get ahead of that curve with Brees in the 2nd. Roth in the 7th should provide a fine backup. I invested heavy in QBs early and I think I put myself ahead a bit here.

1.07 M.Forte CHI

4.08 K.Moreno DEN

8.08 R.Rice BAl

11.07 T.Hightower ARI

Like grouse I just can't ignore the RB position, but I also recognized the need to adjust and mix the WRs in. Considering the stagger between picks I feel very solid with this group. Stud, potential stud, rising star, and a top utility back.

3.07 T.Owens BUF

5.07 V.Jackson SD

6.08 D.Driver GB

9.07 P.Harvin MIN

10.08 E.Bennett CHI

14.08 B.Johnson DET

Leason number one from the past 3 years. After the first 50, I SUCK at picking WRs. I was sick of having 2-3 goose eggs per week and so I wanted to target 6 guys who could/should own a WR1 or WR2 role come September. Harvin is the biggest risk to end up a WR3, but he sould also get gadget work.

15.07 D.Lee GB

18.08 M.Lewis JAX

TEs also go early in this group and I could not find any value early. With my focus on WRs something had to give. I have to servicable guys on solid O units, but this is the weakest duo in the league.

16.08 R.Longwell MIN

17.07 J.Reed PIT

I usually reach early but I resisted. Text book PK drafting here.... wait til the end and grab 2 solid guys. Happy to have a Dome kicker.

12.08 SD

13.07 NE

A solid pair on 2 teams that should make a run this year. I was surprised NE fell back to me with the number of Defenses selcted.

First off, I'm super-happy that everyone got together for another Reunion season. Is this our 5th year?! Last season never happened for Team Grouse. With a flick of Brady's tendon, my season was over before it ever got going. I'm back this year, with renewed vigor and a new strategy...

10.12 grouse - Brett Favre, QB24, FA

13.03 Grouse - Kerry Collins, QB27, TEN

15.03 Grouse - Jamarcus Russell, QB28, OAK

16.12 grouse - Daunte Culpepper, QB30, DET

17.03 Grouse - Matthew Stafford, QB31, DET

We are all a product of our experiences. Coming off the Brady debacle, you can understand why I shifted toward a strategy that attacks this position with quantity, not quality. I refer to this as the 'Throw Spaghetti at The Wall' strategy. I wanted Favre. There, I said it. Now shoot me. I'm a media whore and I think the combination of revenge, money and modern medicine can revive this self-centered antique long enough to guide this talented Viking voyage into the post-season. The major downside here is that Favre and Russell may not finish the season, and that's a real concern. Relying on Collins and Culpepper/Stafford probably isn't a recipe for success. The bye week distribution is good, so if I can throw 3 or 4 of these starters out there on a weekly basis, one piece of spaghetti should stick to the wall.

1.03 Grouse - Michael Turner, RB3, ATL

2.12 grouse - Brandon Jacobs, RB14, NYG

4.12 grouse - Larry Johnson, RB23, KC

14.12 grouse - Jamaal Charles, RB54, KC

My reputation precedes me here. Everyone knows I typically go RB-heavy in this draft. The strategy is sound, but the rigidity needed to be tweaked. My main objective coming into this draft was to ensure that I had a bonafide top-10 WR (never had one previously). I could not accomplish that objective without spending an early pick on one. I pondered taking Fitzgerald over Turner. But I really like the Falcons optics right now and couldn't pass up Turner. Had Turner gone #2 and Jones-Drew fallen, I would've taken Fitzgerald. Overall, the trio of Turner, Jacobs and Johnson (who I believe will rebound) should provide solid production. Bye week distribution is perfect.

3.03 Grouse - Marques Colston, WR12, NO

5.03 Grouse - Santana Moss, WR24, WAS

6.12 grouse - Bernard Berrian, WR35, MIN

7.03 Grouse - Ted Ginn, WR38, MIA

8.12 grouse - Steve Smith, WR44, NYG

I got my man here. I'm targetting Colston in every draft this year. My gut tells me he stays healthy and cleans up - could easily finish top-5. The rest of the group are all capable of leading their teams in receptions and/or receiving yardage. All 5 guys are off on different byes. I'm happy with this group.

11.03 Grouse - Brent Celek, TE16, PHL

12.12 grouse - Kevin Boss, TE18, NYG

Two young TEs that have QBs who like to throw to their position. Both of these guys finished last season on a serious roll. If they can carry it forward, this combination should be serviceable. Both TEs need to play well early or they do risk losing reps to others on the depth chart. Risk/reward, there's plenty of both here.

18.12 grouse - Joe Nedney, K25, SF

The 'Spaghetti at The Wall' strategy at QB had to come with some consequences and subsequent tradeoffs. I knew coming into this draft I would be rolling with only one kicker and one defense. It's controversial, some guys may be inclined to write my team off for this faux pas alone. I say keep your knickers on, and let's see how this plays out. I'm not worried.

9.03 Grouse - Pittsburgh Steelers DST1

My strategy was to be among the first to take a defense (in lieu of going solo) but obviously not as early as round 9. This was purely indicative of a black hole that appeared during this draft in the 9th round whereby there was absolutely nothing on the board that I really wanted. Perhaps taking Flacco would've been a good move in hindsight. The Steelers are the gold standard at this position, at least I'll get quality here every week - except week 8 where I'll get zero, zip, zilch, nada :-(

Overall, I find this team intriguing. I think it will compete and hopefully wear well. I know one thing for certain, it will be an improvement from last year! Maybe we'll be partying like it's 2004 :ptts:

Have a great season everyone! See you around the Pool.

Okay, not as pretty as some of the other teams, but will serve the purpose (LOL yes the players as well as the presentation)

Somewhat influenced by the draft spot, but also it is a best ball format, so I would like to get two solid guys who are capable of putting up decent numbers in any given week and not likely to throw up a dud. The schedules are pretty complementary, and I think the value at the 7/8 turn was excellent.

Running backs - Clinton Portis (8), Steve Slaton (10), Fred Jackson (9), and LeRon McClain (7)

IMO the WR that I might have taken together or with a RB were gone at the end of the first round, so I went with the best pair of running backs I could get. As the RB value started to fall I thougnt I might have erred there but when I looked at projections for the RB/WR combinations available to me with my first four picks, they were equal or better with RB/RB and then the WR. Jackson is I think very underrated, especially in this format (some of you will remember I was even higher [read earlier] on him in WSL - largely because I thought then it was possible that Lynch could be facing an even more severe penalty......and they hadn't brought in Rhodes yet). McClain was certainly the best value on the board at the end of round 15, but I would have been better off to take a WR there and a RB later (several I like for RB4 weren't even drafted) EVEN if it meant reaching for the receiver there. Still one of if not the strongest groups in the league.

The "ark" approach in full force here although as the round progressed I actually though I might do better, but Scott nixed that. BUT two of the Top 10 TE should give me very strong scoring here - easily on par with a stud and a dud.

Wide Receivers - Eddie Royal (7), Antonio Bryant (8), Domenik Hixon (10), Miles Austin (6), Laurent Robinson (9), and Harry Douglas (4)

Well every team is "short" someplace and I chose as the draft evolved that my receivers would be "less" than my opponents. Actually this plan almost worked perfectly had Bess and Floyd fallen to the end of the 15th round - so close to one or both. Still I am not unhappy with the crew - I liked Royal and Bryant at the end of the third round and both Hixon and Austin have huge big play potential and should be on the field all the time. Robinson and Douglas also are capable of big plays and one or both could play up to WR2 for their respective teams. The one advantage the group will have is that there will be five or six of them vying to put up the three best scores each week.

Heck the Panthers are better than some teams best DST and the scoring potential under these rules can't be ignored (okay maybe it can be if you are studly every place else, but I didn't have that option and choose not to join the lemmings.

Again two very good kickers, not just guys, AND secondarily but very important to my team construction, Complementary schedule wise to the rest of my team.

Overall I am pretty happy with the team - we all would like something better somewhere, and there is a long time before kickoff in Week 1, BUT I am only behind most teams at one position and ahead of most at several. It will be interesting to see if the approach works, but it was fun drafting it (as much fun as sucking last on the teat can ever be).
Perry , you always do well in this league. Your total points was monstrous last year. You hit pretty much everywhere and it appears you nailed this draft. We followed very similar strategies, although your QBs aren't as strong as I remember. Love your TEs, WRs 1 thru 4 and your value at RB3 and 4 is studly. I think this is the team to beat.

Team rzrback77 drafting out of the sixth slot

QB 1 - 4.9 K Warner AZ #5 Bye 4

QB 2 - 15.6 S Hill SF #29 Bye 6

In this format, I like to grad a potential top five candidate so I sometimes draft a QB earlier than I might elsewhere. I think that Warner is a bargain as the fifth QB off the board as long as he stays injury free. He carries risk at his age and I considered several to team with him, but kept waiting because with so few picks, it is unusual in this league to not get a decent option late. Things were a little different this year though (Grouse) so when J Russell was drafted, I jumped on Hill. He and Russell were the last two that I was comfortable with. Pairing S Hill with Warner is a huge risk reward arrangement though. With Warner's age and with the off-season bragging on Alex Smith, this pairing could be my downfall. Lots of risk here and although I could be at or near top of the league, I could also be cellar dweller on this position.

RB 1 - 1.6 S Jackson STL #5 Bye 9

RB 2 - 7.6 C Benson Cin #30 Bye 8

RB 3 - 9.6 L Washington NYJ #39 Bye 9

RB 4 - 10.9 A Bradshaw NYG #45 Bye 10

I was hoping for the seenth or eighth slot as I thought that I could nab S Jackson there. I really am optimistic for a huge season for him. I also wanted to wait on additional RBs and wanted to start with a stud. Again, my team may be hit hard by the critics as S Jackson is considered an injury risk and I focused on other positions and waited till late to back up Jackson. However, I like several late round RBs and was able to add three that I like in rounds 7, 9, and 10. I decided that I wanted to have four RBs with the injury potential at this position and did not mind grabbing support role guys like Washington and Bradshaw.

WR 1 - 2.9 Jennings GB #8 Bye 5

WR 2 - 3.6 Welker NE #13 Bye 8

WR 3 - 5.6 H Ward Pit #25 Bye 8

WR 4 - 8.9 Breaston AZ #41 Bye 4

WR 5 - 11.6 J Gage TEN #55 Bye 7

WR 6 - 18.9 J Jones GB #83 Bye 5

WR is the most critical position in this league to me. You have the PPR scoring and need three scores each week. I really like my top two, but I dislike having two out on weeks 5 and 8. I personally like H Ward's prospects for 09, but I regret not drafting Cooley with my pick at 5.6. I wanted the strength of three solid WRs, but drafted Ward via phone without checking his bye week. The bye week handicapped me for the rest of the draft. I also knew there were still several TEs that I would be happy with, but then Cooley, Olsen, Daniels, and Carlson in the next nine picks. Ouch. I really like the next two WRs added later and was able to spread the bye week blues a little with both Breaston and Gage. Struggled a lot with the last pick as I considered adding Lienart to insure Warner, but my need for a minimum of six WRs trumped my lack of QB depth so I went with James Jones on my last pick. All in all, I really like my WRs and consider them one of my team strengths.

TE 1 - 6.9 Z Miller Oak #10 Bye 9

TE 2 - 13.6 V Davis SF #19 Bye 6

TE is also an important position in this league with the 2 PPR scoring and I wanted a solid candidate for my starting TE. As stated earlier, I should have taken Cooley, but I do like Z Miller to score better than the 10th TE off the board. I felt lucky to get both him and Davis where they were taken. There are several tandems in the league that are better, but these two will do well on most weeks.

DST 1 - NY Giants #7 Bye 10

DST 2 - Seattle #22 Bye 7

I was really pleased to get the Giants as the 7th DST drafted. I think that they will be solid again and even better than 08 with the return of Osi. I had my eye on the 49ers as I like them to improve this year and their schedule fit well with the NYGiants, but the Seahawks are not a bad substitute.

PK 1 - N Kaeding SD #5 Bye 5

PK 2 - J Scobee Jax #12 Bye 7

Two solid kickers on two solid offensive squads in reasonable weather locales.

Overall, I have risk at QB and am rather weak at RB after S Jackson, but I like the prospects of the team and look forward to the season competing against you guys. This league is a challenge every year and I am very glad that we all got back together again.

I support the suggestion that the superbowl loser get a free entry the following year. Sounds like a nice award for coming close.

5.04 Pictus Cat - Donovan McNabb, QB7, PHL 4 Top 5 value

10.11 Pictus Cat - Jason Campbell, QB23, WAS 8

McNabb seems to be collecting weapons and a value at QB7. Campbell seemed an adequate 2nd QB and near the last with a job.

3.04 Pictus Cat - Reggie Bush, RB16, NO 5 Huge PPR upside at RB16

4.11 Pictus Cat - Marshawn Lynch, RB22, BUF 9 Maybe too early, but has a name due to talent & past performance

7.04 Pictus Cat - Derrick Ward, RB29, TB 8 Outscored Jacobs several times last year, could run away as the man in Tampa

11.04 Pictus Cat - Jerious Norwood, RB47, ATL 4 Justified more use, Turner rumored less use, offense could be more powerfull & balanced increasing passing situations

The RB commitee with my WR/WR start. 3 potential studs and an upside if Turner goes down whlie producing RB4 #s back. I second guessed my Lynch pick, and felt I needed to bolster the position. Value seems to be there at RB this year.

1.04 Pictus Cat - Larry Fitzgerald, WR1, Az 4 Warner's brittle old bones my only concern

2.11 Pictus Cat - Roddy White, WR9, ATL 4 Gonzo stealing ops a concern

6.11 Pictus Cat - Derrick Mason, WR34, BAL 7 Oldy, but a goody PPR

8.11 Pictus Cat - Mushin Muhammad, WR43, CAR 4 Redzone nice WR4

13.04 Pictus Cat - Keenan Burton, WR65, STL 9 Inside track WR 2

15.04 Pictus Cat - Brian Robiskie, WR74, CLE 9 Rookie w/most opportunity

Fitz went 1st with my frustration to get value at the 4th pick. Earlier drafts seem to drop a lot of RB value, so I felt I could build a decent commitee later. White seemed another nail to add to my strength a WR while I felt value would still be there at other postitions later. I continued to try to maintain strength at this position relative to other teams during the draft whenever value presented itself.

9.04 Pictus Cat - Heath Miller, TE14, PIT 8

14.11 Pictus Cat - Randy McMichael, TE21, STL 9

It seems to me you get an elite TE or you might as well wait. Miller nails it at a low end TE and McMike has upside to contribute now and then.

16.11 Pictus Cat - Robbie Gould, K14, CHI 5 Homer value.

17.04 Pictus Cat - Kris Brown, K16, HOU 10 Value and upside.

12.11 Pictus Cat - Chicago Bears DST8 5 Rest and a lead can't hurt.

18.11 Pictus Cat - Detroit Lions DST25 7 Lots of opportunities to make a play.

Two each.

So, who is lucky enough to face me week 4?

Every league is different. Reviewing top point scoring teams from last year played a key role in my strategy going in. This particular league will kill you if you don't have top producing tight ends and QBs. There's just too many points being scored from these positions and in a points race for those final 2 wildcards, it matters.

After securing a couple top backs and a top WR, I went into this draft with a pre-determined goal of having a good duo at QB and TE.

From the 9 spot, I knew I could land a top performing WR, but I wasn't sure if I could get one in the 2nd. It's a risk I wasn't willing to take. With Fitz already gone, there were only 2 names i considered. Randy Moss and my eventual selection:

1.09 Team Legacy - Andre Johnson, WR2, HOU

This next pick was an ABSOLUTE GIFT.

2.06 Team Legacy - Brian Westbrook, RB13, PHL -- How you going to let the returning champ get Westy as the 20th player off the board?? Risk? Eh, maybe, but I'm hoping the price for McCoy is reasonable.

3.09 Team Legacy - Pierre Thomas, RB18, NO - Very capable RB2 with mad upside.

4.06 Team Legacy - Roy Williams, WR20, DAL - Really considered Holmes here. When I made the Pierre pick, I knew several WRs would go and I have them all jumbled up in the same tier. Roy will do.

5.09 Team Legacy - Greg Olsen, TE7, CHI

6.06 Team Legacy - Matt Schaub, QB10, HOU

Here's where the draft makes or breaks you. What direction do you go? I took a calculated risk that paid off by waiting until the 5th/6th to land my TE/QB and I couldn't be happier.

7.09 Team Legacy - Carson Palmer, QB13, CIN

8.06 Team Legacy - Dustin Keller, TE12, NYJ

9.09 Team Legacy - LeSean McCoy, RB40, PHL

That last combo was so much fun, let's do it again. Now, again, I feel like this 7/8 turn is the second combo that makes or breaks the draft. Drafting Palmer turned out to be timed perfectly as the entire tier of 5 was gone before my next pick. With my selection of Westy, I pre-planned to use the 9th pick on McCoy, and with that being the case, I couldn't afford to wait until the 10th to get my TE2. Had Westy not been the issue, I would have used the 8th on Rice and came back with Shiancoe. I REALLY FEEL STRONGLY that you must have good QB and TE production week in week out to conquer this league. Yes Schaub and Olsen are good, but let's ensure good weeks all year round with a couple more studs to the fold.

10.06 Team Legacy - Mike Walker, WR51, JAX

11.09 Team Legacy - Deion Branch, WR57, SEA

12.06 Team Legacy - Michael Bush, RB50, OAK

13.09 Team Legacy - Sidney Rice, WR68, MIN

Okay, so while these picks don't look like much, I think I give this group of 4 a solid B+ rating at this point in the draft. Mike Walker is a breakout waiting to happen, HEALTH is the only thing that has stopped him. He might just make this WR bunch formidable after the top 2. Branch will be much better with Housh in the fold. There were still a few times that Branch looked great late season with Hass. Mike Bush is another obsession I have and I truely feel this is the year he and McFadden make a go at Thunder and Lightning. And gang... Sidney Rice, WR68? Seriously? With rumors of Favre coming to town. His upside is much greater than 68. I secretly desired Nate Burleson as well, but Valence and Perry were both thinking Burleson.

14.06 Team Legacy - Tampa Bay Buccaneers DST14

15.09 Team Legacy - Davone Bess, WR75

16.06 Team Legacy - Arizona Cardinals DST20

17.09 Team Legacy - Matt Prater, K19, DEN

18.06 Team Legacy - Phil Dawson, K24, CLE

Tampa was actually a top performing Defense in this scoring system last year. Not sure why the sleep mode was hit on them. Bess is a nice contributor that I expect to use on more than one occasion.

So yeah, this team is super solid at QB and TE. You can only start 2 RBs and well, I have Pierre and I've locked down Philly in case Westy's not ready. Need 3 WRs week in and week out. With AJ making up for some of the difference, and byes not an issue, I really think I can piece together 2 other starters out of Roy, Mike Walker, Branch, Sidney Rice and Bess.

Rip er apart guys, and I'll see you in the finals!

Your returning 2 time defending undisputed champion,

-TL

Not a huge fan of your WRs after AJ, who could be the top WR. I hope that Roy Williams returns to his early form as I own him elewhere, but am not so sure of that.

Love Schaub and teamed with C Palmer could be dynamite.

Personally I thought that Olsen went too high, but like both your TEs.

RBs also carry some risk. If Westy shares carries with the rookie, then neither are as productive. I also still think that Bush will be involved and he and P Thomas will also share.

I like your squad, but it is by no means a sure thing. there are several nice looking squads.

Team ravnzfan:

QB...Manning/Garrard

these guys finished 6/11 last year and are projected no worse than that...in keeping w/TL's formula, we'll put a check in the QB column

RB...RBrown/KSmith/CTaylor/KFaulk

best overall group, at least based on last yr's finish...I LOVE this group!

in order, they finished 17-16-30-21, so all 4 were top 30...their bestball was ridiculous (517 for 17 weeks), as each "had the others back" every week but 1, where 3 had a bye and 1 produced 'zippy'

while this is suicide in Survivor format, it's only 1 Loss here...while I think Faulk is hard pressed to finish 21st again, I like Ronnie Brown and Kevin Smith to improve from 17/16 spots they finished last year...Chester Taylor gets 148, +/- 5 pts every year he backs up ADP from here out, he's that solid

WR...CalJ/AGonzo/Holt/Curtis/Galloway/Sweed

Calvin is top 3 again, avg'd a tick under 20/game...w/Harrison's 148 gone, Gonzo goes over 200 leaving tag team approach to WR3 position w/Holt--Curtis--Galloway...I love Galloway this year, think everyone low balls what Brady and NE do, as there is revenge on their minds...11-5 and not good enough for the playoffs will have these guys scoring early and often, then some more

while it's hard to under estimate Moss/Welker production (they WILL get theirs!), I love the upside to Freddie, KFaulk and Galloway in this type system...happy to have 2 of 3 of these guys

TE...Shockey/BMiller

again, TL says good TE, and we've got super value here...both finished in the middle of the pack last year, but Shockey missed ~1/2 the games and Miller did a great job filling in

their bestball was 227, right behind Daniels(232) and Gates(231), TE's 5/6 last year

while not the plan in a Survivor setup, we'll take the 1 gOOse egg on their bye week (and hope Ronnie Brown runs 3 or 4 in that week!), in order to get great value @TE combo drafted 8.5/15.10

Def...NYJ/Wash

huge fan of Rex, and he has some talent to push the pressue D he loves so much...the kind of D that leads to big turn overs and pick 6's

I see Wash improving w/huge upgrade on D-line

K...Goskowski/Hanson

shocker! New England kicker, as I think he'll lead all K's this season...and Hanson should cover a week or 2, when all Goskowski does is boot 5 or 6 PAT's!

I know this isn't the prettiest squad, but I'll win my share of games, and take my chances from there...drafting with and against you guys is always brutal, when guys like CPalmer get clipped right in front of me but hey...we know what we're dealing w/drafting against you guys!

best to everyone---glad we were able to tag team this w/the help from Hook and Razor (let's figure on doing it this way again next season!)---and big THANX! to Twilight, who'll do the heavy lifting and score the league for us

BTW....I like Scott's suggestion of comp'ing SB loser--as far as I'm concerned, we can go w/this unless you guys object

Interesting spin job by team ravnzfan (I guess its always about the perspective) .............

1) He says he has a solid TE by scoring both Saint TEs and comparing their last year best-ball to single seasons from two top guys from last year.

2) Counting on K Faulk for similar to 08 scoring in 09 seems especially dangerous considering the Pats RB injuries from a year ago and the fact that Faulk's age is not just getting up there, its past there

3) Yet looking for A Gonz to zoom up based on Marvin's departure

Absolutely enjoy everybody's input in this thread and throughout the season. It is great just hanging with top dawgs like yourselves.

Make no mistake - the best part of this league is drafting with/against some excellent players and trading analysis/thoughts (even if some of them are influenced by "they're on my team so they must be good mentality")

Really a pleasure to compete with some good friends here.

Kisses out of the way, let's look at a few teams (would be easier if some of you had included bye weeks)

from TL

"So yeah, this team is super solid at QB and TE. You can only start 2 RBs and well, I have Pierre and I've locked down Philly in case Westy's not ready. Need 3 WRs week in and week out. With AJ making up for some of the difference, and byes not an issue, I really think I can piece together 2 other starters out of Roy, Mike Walker, Branch, Sidney Rice and Bess.

Rip er apart guys, and I'll see you in the finals!"

QB = solid (assuming both of these guys can play all their games which has Never happened); super? not so much - I do think Palmer is one of the wild cards at QB this year and if he can stay healthy (arm and mind) and the terrible Oline in the Nati can protect him, he could be a top quarterback again - although I don't like his receivers as much as I used to

TE = there I do agree with Scott; no surprise since we had the same plan without ever discussing it. I was praying to get Olsen at the end of the 5th round - and the nightmare was that both Olsen and Daniels would get snagged in front of me but others heard a different drummer (thanks be to the Lord). I love Keller's talent, although I am slightly down on all the green receivers until we see something good at QB there

RB = again despite the risk, I think Westy in the second was a potential SOD........BUT aside from personal likes/dislikes/preferences, I think most teams have a decent quartet of RB (there are probably some I don't like but we don't have all listed and I can't remember all - there were a few that took five which is either a mistake or an overcompensation for a draft they didn't like. I was pissed at the end of the draft that I hadn't left the slot of RB4 open when the value was at RB (over WR and not that I don't love McClain as RB4 and not even sure if there was a better WR for me to draft then - hard to make that call after the fact)

WR = not as good as TL thinks and probably better than most of you think

And I can't friggin argue the last line of his post, but I don't have to repeat it and will try my best to make sure it doesn't happen again :boxing:

okay on to Ravnz

QB = good pair, no doubt there

RB = are you playing stratFF? we don't get last years stats - IMO not anywhere near calling it the best set, although it certainly is good and has no bye duplication so you can get max production available

WR = good group.....BUT everyone after Calvin has question marks and personally I am not as high on Gonzalez to be a WR2 - he is a very good possession receiver but not more. OTOH Holt might resurrect his numbers and both the combos do give some upside at best ball AND a risk in the bye weeks

TE = I will just assume the meds were double or triple dosed when he wrote that

Steve is right it is not pretty, but could be effective - no argument there........I don't think it's the strongest on paper, but we don't play on paper either...............everyone could be prescient about their potential or NOT

PICTUS - you get high marks for including the bye weeks - something you probably didn't like after you wrote them down.....I will be glad to volunteer for Week 4 matchup :hey:

While I disagree with the TE comment and some of the bye week management (not a fan of having the same team's kicker and defense because you are dependent on just one K/DST in that week), and I don't like Campbell very much, no arguing that the team has big upside IF McChunky has a great year.

Back to work - let's get more discussion in here and I will be back to see some counterpunches :boxing:

PICTUS - you get high marks for including the bye weeks - something you probably didn't like after you wrote them down.....I will be glad to volunteer for Week 4 matchup :hey: While I disagree with the TE comment and some of the bye week management (not a fan of having the same team's kicker and defense because you are dependent on just one K/DST in that week), and I don't like Campbell very much, no arguing that the team has big upside IF McChunky has a great year.Back to work - let's get more discussion in here and I will be back to see some counterpunches :boxing:
The bye weeks would kill me in survivor, but stings a little less in head to head. Campbell was just grabing a guy with the job before they ran out. Collins and Bulger age and Campbell's weapons decided it for me.Good point on the K/DST. I'll probably lose by a point week 5 due to PIT @ DET. Here's to the savvy new vets on D getting some unpredictable desperation playsUm, could you compare/contrast our TE strategies... :boxing:

Um, could you compare/contrast our TE strategies... :boxing:
:football: okay......here is your quote and your TEIt seems to me you get an elite TE or you might as well wait. Miller nails it at a low end TE and McMike has upside to contribute now and then.9.04 Pictus Cat - Heath Miller, TE14, PIT 814.11 Pictus Cat - Randy McMichael, TE21, STL 9And here is my response:5.14 Captain Hook - Owen Daniels, TE8, HOU106.01 Captain Hook - John Carlson, TE9, SEA71) I want better than what my opponents consider a starter from the remaining tight end choices.2) The last time I ranked TE, Miller was just around the cutoff for a 14 team league and he doesn't get enough targets/receptions IIRC to make me think he can play up.3) McMichael's days as a useful TE were in Miami...and barely and in a format with 2 PPR for TE, I wanted a lot better than that4) I had to balance my desire for a Top TE with my draft spot....at 14 I needed to get the two best players I could and I decided that was Portis and Slaton (might have been RB/WR or even WR/WR if the right players were there but you guys had drafted them already). That meant that at 3.14 and 4.01 I might have gone TE/WR BUT the top four TE had ALREADY been drafted, so I went with the two WR I thought would help me the most and planned on taking the two best TE at the 5/6 turn unless there was a QB that was worth changing the ARK strategy for..............McNabb didn't fall (taken early fith round) and I was somewhat irritated that Twilight had taken KW to start the fifth as it might generate the second tier TE run....and it did (at least I don't think as many would have gone had he not picked a TE there but perhaps someone else at that end of the draft would have...... :shrug: how do it know?5) As I said earlier, I was just hoping people would get off the position - Olsen was the player I wanted there hopefully pairing with another Top 10 TE.....and when Scott took him I was staring at the real possibility of Daniels and Cooley and Olsen all gone - needless to say I was happy at that point to get Daniels and Carlson (otherwise I might have gone WR/WR or WR/QB)6) my plan had been defined at that point to have drafted RB/RB; WR/WR; TE/TE; then QB/QB..........assuming the value/players I wanted were there.....and they were even if barely on both the TE and QB turns.So let's look at my plan versus yours - for sake of convenience and neutrality I will use DD's projections hereDaniels/Carlson - projected as TE6/TE10; drafted as TE8/TE9; projected receptions = 118; projected yds = 1331vsMiller/McMichael - projected as TE15/TE22; drafted as TE12/TE22; projected receptions = 80; projected yds = 871With 2PPR, projected receptions X2 = 104 for my worst and 90 for your best = a ppg adv with another 5+ ppg for yardage, again for my worst and your best AND with best ball scoring the edge rates to be higher.Your witness counselor :football:PS - don't try and go McChunky here.....McNabb proj ppg vs Cassell = 3+ ppg (and I will wager at best ball, Cassel + Eli versus McNabb + Campbell is less than that)

would love for someone to dissect my team for me. I'm happy to do others as well if anyone would like.

4.02 valence - Aaron Rodgers, QB4, GB 5

10.02 valence - Jake Delhomme, QB19, CAR 4

Like my QB's quite a bit even though I didn't really want to take one this high. I had planned on Dallas Clark at 4.02 but he got taken just before me. I didn't feel like the value at any other position was that great so I went ahead and took Rodgers. Delhomme is a great backup that can double dip with Smith occasionally

1.13 valence - Chris Johnson, RB9, TEN 7

6.02 valence - Willie Parker, RB26, PIT 8

7.13 valence - Donald Brown, RB33, IND 6

8.02 valence - Felix Jones, RB34, DAL 6

I like this group quite a bit. CJ was a steal at 13. I think he will be used even more than he was last year. Even if he only duplicates last year, he was worth it here. Parker is still the guy in 09. Mendenhal didn't show much before he went out last year, and I just have a bad feeling about the guy. Brown and Jones are both high upside guys that I believe will have a more prominent role than most people think. I thought about grabbing a 5th RB (Fargas) but would have had to sacrifice a D or PK slot to do it.

2.02 valence - Steve Smith, WR5, CAR 4

3.13 valence - Chad Ochocinco, WR16, CIN 8

5.13 valence - Lee Evans, WR29, BUF 9

11.13 valence - Devery Henderson, WR61, NO 5

13.13 valence - Nate Burleson, WR71, SEA 7

15.13 valence - Malcolm Floyd, WR76, SD 5

I'm thrilled with this group. my top 3 are all potential top 20 guys. my bottom 3 are all high upside guys that can contribute the few weeks a year they go off.

9.13 valence - Visanthe Shiancoe, TE15, MIN 9

14.02 valence - Anthony Fasano, TE20, MIA 6

obviously the weak point of my team. I got a little bit lost here after I missed out on Dallas Clark and never really felt like I was getting good value at the position when my pick was up. That said, Shiancoe had several huge weeks last year, as did Fasano. My hope is they don't happen on the same weeks this year.

12.02 valence - Philadelphia Eagles, DST3 4

18.02 valence - New Orleans DST23 5

Philly is pretty studly and the saints have bush on special teams

16.02 valence - Garrett Hartley, K10, NO 5

17.13 valence - Rian Lindell, K23, BUF 9

two starters.

Overall: I think my only real trouble spot is at TE and playing teams with a top TE in weeks that they produce will be a problem. Picking from the end in this group (as perry has pointed out) was a real pain. Little if any value fell to us other than CJ3 to me in the first.

I look forward to the season and competing with you guys again.
Okay here is my opinion on Team valenceQB = good+, maybe better I love Rodgers and while Delhomme doesnt' thrill me, the double dip with WR1 is a plus

RB = good, assuming that either FWP is a RB2 this year or that Brown or Jones or both play up enough - what I don't like is both of your secondary running backs off the same week, so Week 6 you are rolling with just two chances esp with LBJ playing in Foxboro that weekend.

WR = Very good upside, even if they won't scare anyone - will be interesting to see what the collective Dominating/Disaster scoring will be though - Smith IMO is still overrated (maybe that is the bad taste from having him last year), and I am not a fan of 85 - Evans either takes a huge hit with TO there or has enough bombs on single coverage to make you happy.

TE = as you said a problem here unless you get an incredibly good synch between their scores - while they both have some big play ability, they can also generate some zeroes and I don't think your other positions can cover enough of those (and Fasano off in Week 6 gives you only one score at that position as well) ETA - YOU could have had Daniels at 5.13 instead of Evans OR Keller or Shockey at 8.02 instead of Felix Jones (which would also have fixed the bye problem for RB3/4)

K&DST are good, but again, not a fan of having one of each with the same bye week - in best ball with only two of each (in larger draftmaster formats you would have three of each) - I want two DST to try for best score when I have a kicker off and vice versa.

Overall it is a Good team, it is a Could team, but I don't see it in the Playoffs.

Um, could you compare/contrast our TE strategies... :boxing:
:football: okay......here is your quote and your TEIt seems to me you get an elite TE or you might as well wait. Miller nails it at a low end TE and McMike has upside to contribute now and then.

And here is my response:

5.14 Captain Hook - Owen Daniels, TE8, HOU10

6.01 Captain Hook - John Carlson, TE9, SEA7

1) I want better than what my opponents consider a starter from the remaining tight end choices.

2) The last time I ranked TE, Miller was just around the cutoff for a 14 team league and he doesn't get enough targets/receptions IIRC to make me think he can play up.

3) McMichael's days as a useful TE were in Miami...and barely and in a format with 2 PPR for TE, I wanted a lot better than that

4) I had to balance my desire for a Top TE with my draft spot....at 14 I needed to get the two best players I could and I decided that was Portis and Slaton (might have been RB/WR or even WR/WR if the right players were there but you guys had drafted them already). That meant that at 3.14 and 4.01 I might have gone TE/WR BUT the top four TE had ALREADY been drafted, so I went with the two WR I thought would help me the most and planned on taking the two best TE at the 5/6 turn unless there was a QB that was worth changing the ARK strategy for..............McNabb didn't fall (taken early fith round) and I was somewhat irritated that Twilight had taken KW to start the fifth as it might generate the second tier TE run....and it did (at least I don't think as many would have gone had he not picked a TE there but perhaps someone else at that end of the draft would have...... :shrug: how do it know?

5) As I said earlier, I was just hoping people would get off the position - Olsen was the player I wanted there hopefully pairing with another Top 10 TE.....and when Scott took him I was staring at the real possibility of Daniels and Cooley and Olsen all gone - needless to say I was happy at that point to get Daniels and Carlson (otherwise I might have gone WR/WR or WR/QB)

6) my plan had been defined at that point to have drafted RB/RB; WR/WR; TE/TE; then QB/QB..........assuming the value/players I wanted were there.....and they were even if barely on both the TE and QB turns.

So let's look at my plan versus yours - for sake of convenience and neutrality I will use DD's projections here

Daniels/Carlson - projected as TE6/TE10; drafted as TE8/TE9; projected receptions = 118; projected yds = 1331

vs

Miller/McMichael - projected as TE15/TE22; drafted as TE12/TE22; projected receptions = 80; projected yds = 871

With 2PPR, projected receptions X2 = 104 for my worst and 90 for your best = a ppg adv with another 5+ ppg for yardage, again for my worst and your best AND with best ball scoring the edge rates to be higher.

Your witness counselor :football:

PS - don't try and go McChunky here.....McNabb proj ppg vs Cassell = 3+ ppg (and I will wager at best ball, Cassel + Eli versus McNabb + Campbell is less than that)
For some reason I thought I was challenging ravzfan's TE strategy of Shockey/Billy Miller, :hophead: .I appreciate your analysis and it deserves a response.

At my Mr. McNabb pick, I could have went TE Cooley, Olsen, Daniels. Olsen is the only one I think could be elite, but I think Cutler will spread it around. I'm not high on Cooley and Daniels TDs won't be going up. McNabb was the top of a tier I felt would be gone.

McNabb v Eli Cassel -

Mr. McNabb - Offense was improved in the offseason with additions of Maclin & OL. Of the Warner, Rivers, Romo, McNabb tier, I think Mr. McNabb has the most upside.

Your QBs are a little risky. NYG offense is in transistion with its passing weapons. Expectations of inconsistancy and random performance. Is Cassel better than Thigpen? Midseason you may be down to one QB still having WR tryouts.

TEs:

9.04 Pictus Cat - Heath Miller, TE14, PIT 8 - The best large passing target, Other WRs don't seem to be emerging after Washington's departure

14.11 Pictus Cat - Randy McMichael, TE21, STL 9 - Cheap with upside with targets being refigured with all the inexperience passing targets.

Cheaper while building strength at QB, WR, and stellar QB

5.14 Captain Hook - Owen Daniels, TE8, HOU10

6.01 Captain Hook - John Carlson, TE9, SEA7

Daniels seemed solid, if little upside. Carlson has upside, and the end dictates reaching a little sometimes, but two TE at the turn may have hurt at WR considering your RB/RB start.

We all pick our horses and take risks during drafts hoping they fall for value.

I'm glad we both got some of "our" guys. See you in the coliseum. :football:

Team Fids

4 Ryan

7 Flacco

Love ryan this year. I was drafting in no mercy at the same time as this draft and was busy at work trying to wrap up before going on vaca. Ptts. I made some big mistakes in this draft the first one being overlooking palmer. Didn’t realize he was even still available in the 7th. Flacco I like for his upside but they did him no favors this offseason. Meh

4 DWilliams

6 Barber

9 Lewis

6 Choice

Everything hinges on Lewis. I wanted to take Harrison the last few rounds and go with one TE but I talked myself out of it. :unsure:

4 Boldin

8 Holmes

6 Morgan

10 Nicks

7 Washington

8 Engram

Love this crew

8 Cooley

7 Pettigrew

Solid TE1 and big question mark TE2

7 Bironas

4 Kasay

Expecting both to be tops

6 Miami

10 Texans

I like these up and coming units. Really anxious to see Taylor and Porter on the same team.

Overall I am pretty disappointed in this draft but I do have some anchors at each slot that I am high on. Its really the qb, rb, te depth that scares me. We shall see.

Fiddles said:
Team Fids

Overall I am pretty disappointed in this draft but I do have some anchors at each slot that I am high on. Its really the qb, rb, te depth that scares me. We shall see.
I must be totally out of touch this off-season as I think your RBs are fine. I think Cooley and the rook will do ok as well. I do not like your WRs as a group at all. Boldin is solid and I like him, but am not sure that Holmes is targeted enough for being 2nd and I see nothing that I like after that. I think that your WRs are your major concern. other comments welcome and I'd appreciate reviews of my squad.

:football:

Pictus Cat just took a hit as Derrick Mason retired. He will now have one less WR to produce the three weekly scores.

On the other hand, Twilight with Mark Clayton may have moved up some.

Pictus Cat just took a hit as Derrick Mason retired. He will now have one less WR to produce the three weekly scores.On the other hand, Twilight with Mark Clayton may have moved up some.
1. I'm hoping he changes his mind after BAL makes plans without him and he gets traded to CHI for a football. :unsure: 2. If commentary is going to cost me players due to karma...3. Winning the league will be so much sweater now!!!

Is everyone now on vacation?.......too bad - I thought we were getting some nice discussion and would like to see more of it - you guys can't be that busy....

Is everyone now on vacation?.......too bad - I thought we were getting some nice discussion and would like to see more of it - you guys can't be that busy....
I would appreciate reviews of my squad. I could assume that y'all (except Legacy) expect that my team will win, but I would prefer to have others tell me. :football:

I would appreciate reviews of my squad. I could assume that y'all (except Legacy) expect that my team will win, but I would prefer to have others tell me. :football:
soooooooEEEEEEEEEEEE you are delusional ......but I will review your draft......have a drink first

Team rzrback77 drafting out of the sixth slotQB 1 - 4.9 K Warner AZ #5 Bye 4QB 2 - 15.6 S Hill SF #29 Bye 6In this format, I like to grad a potential top five candidate so I sometimes draft a QB earlier than I might elsewhere. I think that Warner is a bargain as the fifth QB off the board as long as he stays injury free. He carries risk at his age and I considered several to team with him, but kept waiting because with so few picks, it is unusual in this league to not get a decent option late. Things were a little different this year though (Grouse) so when J Russell was drafted, I jumped on Hill. He and Russell were the last two that I was comfortable with. Pairing S Hill with Warner is a huge risk reward arrangement though. With Warner's age and with the off-season bragging on Alex Smith, this pairing could be my downfall. Lots of risk here and although I could be at or near top of the league, I could also be cellar dweller on this position.RB 1 - 1.6 S Jackson STL #5 Bye 9RB 2 - 7.6 C Benson Cin #30 Bye 8RB 3 - 9.6 L Washington NYJ #39 Bye 9RB 4 - 10.9 A Bradshaw NYG #45 Bye 10I was hoping for the seenth or eighth slot as I thought that I could nab S Jackson there. I really am optimistic for a huge season for him. I also wanted to wait on additional RBs and wanted to start with a stud. Again, my team may be hit hard by the critics as S Jackson is considered an injury risk and I focused on other positions and waited till late to back up Jackson. However, I like several late round RBs and was able to add three that I like in rounds 7, 9, and 10. I decided that I wanted to have four RBs with the injury potential at this position and did not mind grabbing support role guys like Washington and Bradshaw.WR 1 - 2.9 Jennings GB #8 Bye 5WR 2 - 3.6 Welker NE #13 Bye 8WR 3 - 5.6 H Ward Pit #25 Bye 8WR 4 - 8.9 Breaston AZ #41 Bye 4WR 5 - 11.6 J Gage TEN #55 Bye 7WR 6 - 18.9 J Jones GB #83 Bye 5WR is the most critical position in this league to me. You have the PPR scoring and need three scores each week. I really like my top two, but I dislike having two out on weeks 5 and 8. I personally like H Ward's prospects for 09, but I regret not drafting Cooley with my pick at 5.6. I wanted the strength of three solid WRs, but drafted Ward via phone without checking his bye week. The bye week handicapped me for the rest of the draft. I also knew there were still several TEs that I would be happy with, but then Cooley, Olsen, Daniels, and Carlson in the next nine picks. Ouch. I really like the next two WRs added later and was able to spread the bye week blues a little with both Breaston and Gage. Struggled a lot with the last pick as I considered adding Lienart to insure Warner, but my need for a minimum of six WRs trumped my lack of QB depth so I went with James Jones on my last pick. All in all, I really like my WRs and consider them one of my team strengths.TE 1 - 6.9 Z Miller Oak #10 Bye 9TE 2 - 13.6 V Davis SF #19 Bye 6 TE is also an important position in this league with the 2 PPR scoring and I wanted a solid candidate for my starting TE. As stated earlier, I should have taken Cooley, but I do like Z Miller to score better than the 10th TE off the board. I felt lucky to get both him and Davis where they were taken. There are several tandems in the league that are better, but these two will do well on most weeks.DST 1 - NY Giants #7 Bye 10DST 2 - Seattle #22 Bye 7I was really pleased to get the Giants as the 7th DST drafted. I think that they will be solid again and even better than 08 with the return of Osi. I had my eye on the 49ers as I like them to improve this year and their schedule fit well with the NYGiants, but the Seahawks are not a bad substitute.PK 1 - N Kaeding SD #5 Bye 5PK 2 - J Scobee Jax #12 Bye 7Two solid kickers on two solid offensive squads in reasonable weather locales.Overall, I have risk at QB and am rather weak at RB after S Jackson, but I like the prospects of the team and look forward to the season competing against you guys. This league is a challenge every year and I am very glad that we all got back together again.I support the suggestion that the superbowl loser get a free entry the following year. Sounds like a nice award for coming close.
Well, I think this whole team is more risk......some acceptable and some avoidable.....than I would like and where I would like and more than you had to take......QB - Warner and Hill - You either live or die with Warner's health here - and given the options, I don't really have a problem with that but IF you do it I think you have to either get a more reliable backup or draft Leinart......if Warner goes down, I don't like your chances - let's hope that doesn't happenRB - Jackson, Benson, Washington, and Bradshaw - IF and that is capital I and capital F SJax is anywhere near your delusional projection then you should be fine [although taking one of your backups (and I love Leon) from the same week means that in Week 9 you are soley dependent on Benson (vs Baltimore, ugh) and Bradshaw (vs San Diego), easily avoidable]WR - Jennings, Welker, Ward, Breaston, Gage, and JJones - love the group except for Jones AND the double bye week restriction AND having Jones and Jennings on the same team......another reason Jones was a poor pick there.....but the first five are good enought to cover youTE - Miller and Davis - one of these years Davis may actually grow up and play up, although there is no reason to think it is this year. Miller got a lot of targets because he was closer to a bad NFL quarterback and with luck that continues, but this is a very weak pair for this type of leagueDST - Giants and Seahawks - very nice pair and good bye weeks for your teamK - Kaeding and Scobee - two good kickers although I would have preferred the second was not off the same week as one of your DST (in Week 7 you get what the Giants [playing against YOUR QB] and Kaeding give you and nothing elseYour summary - "I have risk at QB and am rather weak at RB after S Jackson" is true, but while not one of the best teams, it could easily play up and get into the playoffs.......assuming SJax plays a full year with that problematic O line and offense

rzrback's gang

QB 1 - 4.9 K Warner AZ #5 Bye 4

QB 2 - 15.6 S Hill SF #29 Bye 6

If Warner was the #1 QB this year, would anyone be that surprised. Fair value.

RB 1 - 1.6 S Jackson STL #5 Bye 9

RB 2 - 7.6 C Benson Cin #30 Bye 8

RB 3 - 9.6 L Washington NYJ #39 Bye 9

RB 4 - 10.9 A Bradshaw NYG #45 Bye 10

Good candidate for #1 RB # and very strong RB2 commitee.

WR 1 - 2.9 Jennings GB #8 Bye 5

WR 2 - 3.6 Welker NE #13 Bye 8

WR 3 - 5.6 H Ward Pit #25 Bye 8

WR 4 - 8.9 Breaston AZ #41 Bye 4

WR 5 - 11.6 J Gage TEN #55 Bye 7

WR 6 - 18.9 J Jones GB #83 Bye 5

Jennings Welker a middle of the pack 1 2. Breaston was good value and great if Boldin replaces my Mason :hot: Breaston/Ward decent to fill the 3 4 and Gage a Nice 5. J Jones just a hedge for Jennings. Middle of the pack group, which is better that bad group. May sputter on bye weeks and depth is wanting.

TE 1 - 6.9 Z Miller Oak #10 Bye 9

TE 2 - 13.6 V Davis SF #19 Bye 6

ZMill nice value and should run with the non-elite. VDavis has upside, so a nice pairing...or wasted #2. Worth a shot.

DST 1 - NY Giants #7 Bye 10

DST 2 - Seattle #22 Bye 7

Was hoping for Seattle when you took them. Hopefully the Giants do enough on O to get some desperation from opposing O for some DST stats.

PK 1 - N Kaeding SD #5 Bye 5

PK 2 - J Scobee Jax #12 Bye 7

Starters. Good PKs.

I'm not as perfection oriented on by weeks in a non-survivor. I don't worry too much about health in general either. Your upside positions could give you a shot to go all the way if the WRs don't sputter you into too many losses or in the playoffs. Warner just needs to be #1 QB, Jackson has to be healthy with him, Oakland has to get ZMill enough O ops. Your golden.

Team rzrback77 drafting out of the sixth slotQB 1 - 4.9 K Warner AZ #5 Bye 4QB 2 - 15.6 S Hill SF #29 Bye 6RB 1 - 1.6 S Jackson STL #5 Bye 9RB 2 - 7.6 C Benson Cin #30 Bye 8RB 3 - 9.6 L Washington NYJ #39 Bye 9RB 4 - 10.9 A Bradshaw NYG #45 Bye 10WR 1 - 2.9 Jennings GB #8 Bye 5WR 2 - 3.6 Welker NE #13 Bye 8WR 3 - 5.6 H Ward Pit #25 Bye 8WR 4 - 8.9 Breaston AZ #41 Bye 4WR 5 - 11.6 J Gage TEN #55 Bye 7WR 6 - 18.9 J Jones GB #83 Bye 5TE 1 - 6.9 Z Miller Oak #10 Bye 9TE 2 - 13.6 V Davis SF #19 Bye 6 DST 1 - NY Giants #7 Bye 10DST 2 - Seattle #22 Bye 7PK 1 - N Kaeding SD #5 Bye 5PK 2 - J Scobee Jax #12 Bye 7
Top 5ish QB and a great possibility for backup. Think youre fine there.Im avoiding SJax after keeping him since he came out. Burned too many years. I like the other 3 here though. Even if sjax is out like he always is you should be putting up decent scores behind him.Damn that’s a great wr crew. Very nicely doneTE looks solid with great upsideDSTs look great. I almost took the giants 2 spots ahead of you but went with Choice instead.Excellent kickersDefinitely a strong team here. You sniped a lot of players I was targeting. Washington, Bradshaw, Gage off the top of my head. Nice drafting.

Love the QB tandem hereLike what you’ve done with rbs. I seemed to be going rb in the first if I have a high to mid slot and then waiting till awhile before going rb2, rb3, rb4 bang bang bang. Love that strategy so far this year. Well done.

Great wr crew although I wouldn’t have taken Henderson that early. Still I like Burleson and Floyd for late round flyers.

You sniped both TEs out from under me. Another nice tandem which worked into your drafting strategy. Late value is there at TE.

Solid dst and pks

Nice contender here. Interested to see how the rbs pan out. Mendenhall , rookie, felix's boom or bust (injury)

6.03 Sinrman - Jay Cutler, QB9, CHI

10.03 Sinrman - Kyle Orton, QB20, DEN

4.03 Sinrman - Ryan Grant, RB19, GB

7.12 Sinrman - Julius Jones, RB32, SEA

8.03 Sinrman - LenDale White, RB35, TEN

9.12 Sinrman - Fred Taylor, RB43, NE

1.12 Sinrman - Randy Moss, WR4, NE

2.03 Sinrman - Reggie Wayne, WR6, IND

5.12 Sinrman - Jericho Cotchery, WR28, NYJ

11.12 Sinrman - Chris Henry, WR60, CIN

13.12 Sinrman - Chansi Stuckey, WR70, NYJ

16.03 Sinrman - Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR77, OAK

3.12 Sinrman - Dallas Clark, TE4, IND

15.12 Sinrman - Robert Royal, TE24, CLE

14.03 Sinrman - David Akers, K2, PHL

17.12 Sinrman - Dan Carpenter, K22, MIA

12.03 Sinrman - Baltimore Ravens, DST4

18.03 Sinrman - Atlanta Falcons DST24
Another solid qb tandem with a funny connection. Not sure if orton had the job when you grabbed him or not but 10th seems late for him at this point.RBS hmmm im first weakness ive seen in the teams ive reviewed. Not a fan of JJ as a 2nd especially with the lackluster compadres you drafted for him.

Moss wayne cotch. Damn! Henry stuckey looks good to round it out. HeyBey looks like a wasted pick that I probably would’ve used on another RB

Clark solid but again royal who knows with the coaching change and what Rucker is going to do.

Decent pks

Top dst with a bottom feeder who may surprise or may take a year or 2 to gel

This team is a long shot to go the distance imo

Solid qb tandem. Like you said nothing flashy but between the two will be solid.Rbs are solid up top and between Jackson and mcclain you should have a solid score to post when portis or slaton are on bye or having a bad week

Nice TE pairing. Was salty to miss out on Carlson.

WRs are an interesting group. Royal nuff said. Bryant I like but hixon im not a fan of. Went way too high for me. Austin robinson and douglas are all great flyers but with royal your only anchor they make me a bit nervous.

Vikings Crosby are tops with solid backups

Things could fall right for you but not the slam dunk TL is predicting due to the uncertainty in that WR crew

Still I did the same thing with my wrs. You gotta grab the guys YOU think are going to blow up and im guessing you did just that

2.08 D.Brees NO

7.07 B.Rothlisberger PIT

1.07 M.Forte CHI

4.08 K.Moreno DEN

8.08 R.Rice BAl

11.07 T.Hightower ARI

3.07 T.Owens BUF

5.07 V.Jackson SD

6.08 D.Driver GB

9.07 P.Harvin MIN

10.08 E.Bennett CHI

14.08 B.Johnson DET

15.07 D.Lee GB

18.08 M.Lewis JAX

16.08 R.Longwell MIN

17.07 J.Reed PIT

12.08 SD

13.07 NE
Brees Ben love itMoreno Rice has the upside for sure. Only going 4 deep though with that uncertainty may not have been the best course of action. Im not a college guy though so I haven’t seen much of either. Hightower was on my shortlist. Grrrr

Big fan of your WRs. Would be very happy to be fielding each of these guys.

TEs and now I see how you were able to draft all that talent above. ouch this could kill you.

Solid pks and studly dsts

If your wr/rb risks all pan out (or at least the majority) they should cover up your low TE scores

If not you’re toast

10.12 grouse - Brett Favre, QB24, FA

13.03 Grouse - Kerry Collins, QB27, TEN

15.03 Grouse - Jamarcus Russell, QB28, OAK

16.12 grouse - Daunte Culpepper, QB30, DET

17.03 Grouse - Matthew Stafford, QB31, DET

1.03 Grouse - Michael Turner, RB3, ATL

2.12 grouse - Brandon Jacobs, RB14, NYG

4.12 grouse - Larry Johnson, RB23, KC

14.12 grouse - Jamaal Charles, RB54, KC

3.03 Grouse - Marques Colston, WR12, NO

5.03 Grouse - Santana Moss, WR24, WAS

6.12 grouse - Bernard Berrian, WR35, MIN

7.03 Grouse - Ted Ginn, WR38, MIA

8.12 grouse - Steve Smith, WR44, NYG

11.03 Grouse - Brent Celek, TE16, PHL

12.12 grouse - Kevin Boss, TE18, NYG

18.12 grouse - Joe Nedney, K25, SF

9.03 Grouse - Pittsburgh Steelers DST1

Woah dude.

Way too many draft slots at qb lets see how it affects the rest of the team

RB I love who you have but you need a 5th here IMO.

This is a great crew. You could be looking really good here if the Favre/Berrian rainbow connection goes down

Celek another snipe. Jackass. Nice team here

I like nedney this year and you should be cool with just the steelers dst. I like them to improve this year. Lots of :coffee: with Timmons in the mix

You didn’t kill yourself with the Grouse 5 QB Clown Car strategy

If Cassells the real deal and takes some heat off LJ I like this team as an an underdog

Pullin for ya Grouse! Love to see someone go off the beaten path

5.04 Pictus Cat - Donovan McNabb, QB7, PHL 4

3.04 Pictus Cat - Reggie Bush, RB16, NO 5

4.11 Pictus Cat - Marshawn Lynch, RB22, BUF 9

7.04 Pictus Cat - Derrick Ward, RB29, TB 8

11.04 Pictus Cat - Jerious Norwood, RB47, ATL 4

1.04 Pictus Cat - Larry Fitzgerald, WR1, Az 4

2.11 Pictus Cat - Roddy White, WR9, ATL 4

6.11 Pictus Cat - Derrick Mason, WR34, BAL 7

8.11 Pictus Cat - Mushin Muhammad, WR43, CAR 4

13.04 Pictus Cat - Keenan Burton, WR65, STL 9

15.04 Pictus Cat - Brian Robiskie, WR74, CLE 9

16.11 Pictus Cat - Robbie Gould, K14, CHI 5

17.04 Pictus Cat - Kris Brown, K16, HOU 10

12.11 Pictus Cat - Chicago Bears DST8 5

18.11 Pictus Cat - Detroit Lions DST25 7
McNabb is the value play everyone seems to be looking for. Campbell I am really unsure of this year. Still you could do much worse. Look at Rzr. ;-)I think Lynch went a little early due to that suspension but with Owens there now cant really blame you. This is a solid crew.

Well theres Mason im not counting him out yet probably because I own him in dynasty. Burton I haven’t followed but I really like the rest of these guys. Fitz White im jealous of. Muhammad I was targeting and robiskie is a solid flyer. If Burton pans out you will be ok even if masons gone.

TE Hmm well not a fan of either of these guys in this format

Solid pks and the dst except for the lions

Campbell Mason and your TEs make me nervous about your chances. Not one of my faves

Team ravnzfan:

QB...Manning/Garrard

RB...RBrown/KSmith/CTaylor/KFaulk

WR...CalJ/AGonzo/Holt/Curtis/Galloway/Sweed

TE...Shockey/BMiller

Def...NYJ/Wash

K...Goskowski/Hanson
Very nice QB comboVery solid Rb crew with 4 great contributors

WRS are a mixed bag. Definite potential here but I’m very uncertain on holt Galloway sweed. Would’ve liked to have at least one more slam dunk here.

TE not a fan of shockey. BMiller is a great late round guy though. Give it a meh

Nice dst and pk combos

Shockey Holt Galloway ALL need to do something this year for you to take it all

I don’t see it

Fiddles said:
5.04 Pictus Cat - Donovan McNabb, QB7, PHL 4

3.04 Pictus Cat - Reggie Bush, RB16, NO 5

4.11 Pictus Cat - Marshawn Lynch, RB22, BUF 9

7.04 Pictus Cat - Derrick Ward, RB29, TB 8

11.04 Pictus Cat - Jerious Norwood, RB47, ATL 4

1.04 Pictus Cat - Larry Fitzgerald, WR1, Az 4

2.11 Pictus Cat - Roddy White, WR9, ATL 4

6.11 Pictus Cat - Derrick Mason, WR34, BAL 7

8.11 Pictus Cat - Mushin Muhammad, WR43, CAR 4

13.04 Pictus Cat - Keenan Burton, WR65, STL 9

15.04 Pictus Cat - Brian Robiskie, WR74, CLE 9

16.11 Pictus Cat - Robbie Gould, K14, CHI 5

17.04 Pictus Cat - Kris Brown, K16, HOU 10

12.11 Pictus Cat - Chicago Bears DST8 5

18.11 Pictus Cat - Detroit Lions DST25 7
McNabb is the value play everyone seems to be looking for. Campbell I am really unsure of this year. Still you could do much worse. Look at Rzr. ;-)I think Lynch went a little early due to that suspension but with Owens there now cant really blame you. This is a solid crew.

Well theres Mason im not counting him out yet probably because I own him in dynasty. Burton I haven’t followed but I really like the rest of these guys. Fitz White im jealous of. Muhammad I was targeting and robiskie is a solid flyer. If Burton pans out you will be ok even if masons gone.

TE Hmm well not a fan of either of these guys in this format

Solid pks and the dst except for the lions

Campbell Mason and your TEs make me nervous about your chances. Not one of my faves
Thank you for your comments. McNabb at QB7 seemed to be good before a dropoff, if not so much a value in the 4th.Lynch seemed a good upside bet considering his rank last year and need for RB with my WR/WR start. I continued supporting WR strength because it was the main advantage I didn't want to lose. Mason :mellow: He better come back. Burton knows the system and I'm guessin' has the inside track. TE paid a price for my strategy. Picked a levy hoping an upside McMicheal can have a good game now and then. The Lions are due! Anyway, thanks again.

I went through the rosters looking for my favorite that wasn't my own and I quickly settled on this group.Nice QB combo. I'm high on Rodgers in his 2nd year starting.

Solid RB stable and WR1-3

I'm not crazy about your WR 4-6, but I love Fasano again this year.

Nice job Val

I went through the rosters looking for my favorite that wasn't my own and I quickly settled on this group.Nice QB combo. I'm high on Rodgers in his 2nd year starting.

Solid RB stable and WR1-3

I'm not crazy about your WR 4-6, but I love Fasano again this year.

Nice job Val
Yeah, I agree that this may be the best looking one on paper...

I went through the rosters looking for my favorite that wasn't my own and I quickly settled on this group.Nice QB combo. I'm high on Rodgers in his 2nd year starting.Solid RB stable and WR1-3I'm not crazy about your WR 4-6, but I love Fasano again this year.Nice job Val
thanks. After getting a solid 1-3, my strategy was to get 2-3 guys that could have a few huge weeks and are obviously better in a best ball league. I think I accomplised that with Henderson and Burleson. I actually think that Floyd will have a MUCH bigger role this year and could post scores in more than a few weeks. Rvers has manlove for he guy and I think he outproduces Chambers this year.

Has the league been set up yet? Are we returning to Twilight's site? Is the link still in his signature?

I have the basics set (didn't wait until the last moment this year). As soon as the MBSL's finish up, I'll get those in and should have everything up soon afterward.

Users who are viewing this thread