What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style: (5 Viewers)

offdee

Footballguy
Sitting there in your tight jorts and red Nebraska Cornhusker logo'd crocs and wondering if it's a good look?

Ready to slip on your brown boat shoes with your black double breasted suit?

White wife beater with or without the gold neck rope chain?

Questions about style? Fire away and I (and I'm sure many others) will give an opinion on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are cut off jeans that have the pockets hanging below the cut off fray still cool?

These aren't your run of the mill jorts.

Are cut off jeans that have the pockets hanging below the cut off fray still cool?These aren't your run of the mill jorts.
Yes....if you're a hot, young female with fantasticly tanned and toned legs.Yes...if you drive a red Ferrari, have a thick moustache and people refer to you as "Magnum"No...if you're anybody else.

Here's a few overall general tips to get us all started...

- never wear pants with pleats in the front. Never.

- never wear socks with sandals

- always make sure the length of your pants AT LEAST touches the top of your shoes. Anything shorter and you look like a doofus.

- throw the following pant styles in the garbage immediately: curdoroys, carpenter jeans, cargo pants.

- Tank tops are for working out and playing basketball only. If you're not doing these things keep them in your dresser drawer.

- if your shirt feels "snug" than that probably just mean it actually fits correctly. Rule of thumb....the seam at the top of your sleeve should sit at the end corner of your shoulder. Anything lower and the shirt is too big. Anything higher and the shirt is too small.

- stop wearing your gold chain necklace.

- if you have a goatee or moustache...either shave it or grow out the beard. (no pencil thin beards please)

- if you're losing your hair to the point where you can see any glimpse of the top or crown of your head....shave it all off already and embrace your baldness. (you're not fooling anybody) (Also a great opportunity to start incorporating cool hats in to your arsenal)

- always make sure the length of your pants AT LEAST touches the top of your shoes. Anything shorter and you look like a doofus.

- throw the following pant styles in the garbage immediately: curdoroys, carpenter jeans, cargo pants.

- Tank tops are for working out and playing basketball only. If you're not doing these things keep them in your dresser drawer.

- if your shirt feels "snug" than that probably just mean it actually fits correctly. Rule of thumb....the seam at the top of your sleeve should sit at the end corner of your shoulder. Anything lower and the shirt is too big. Anything higher and the shirt is too small.

- if you have a goatee or moustache...either shave it or grow out the beard. (no pencil thin beards please)

- if you're losing your hair to the point where you can see any glimpse of the top or crown of your head....shave it all off already and embrace your baldness. (you're not fooling anybody) (Also a great opportunity to start incorporating cool hats in to your arsenal)
Link broken.Regardless of the accuracy of this statement, most people are too fat to pull this off.

MacArtist said:
And if you're a man, please keep your neck hair shaved. You don't want any neck trails in the back.
I think this applies to women too. The hairier ones you know.

Link broken.Regardless of the accuracy of this statement, most people are too fat to pull this off.
No link...I just underlined the headline. These are my personal sentiments (not a separate source's thoughts)

How old are you and what person that we know do you resemble? What's your normal style for the work week? Weekend? What would you wear to a 4th of July BBQ tomorrow afternoon?

J

MacArtist said:
And if you're a man, please keep your neck hair shaved. You don't want any neck trails in the back.
This is a good one. Also goes for potruding chest hair barrelling out the top of your shirt. If it looks like 10 tarantulas are trying to escape out of your collar, time to get a trimmer.

How old are you and what person that we know do you resemble? What's your normal style for the work week? Weekend? What would you wear to a 4th of July BBQ tomorrow afternoon?J
Yes, I will have a 4th of July BBQ tomorrow. I will be cool and stylish in T-shirt, shorts, and killer shades. :2cents: I'm thinking just a regular T. Nothing too obvious like a big stars and stripes logo on the chest.

Would you wear a stripped polo or keep it simple and go with a solid color polo? This is just for casual wear btw. Nothing too serious. Just going to hang out with some friends somewhere.

Oh and do some of you consider a polo too formal for casual nights out? I know some people do. But those are usually the t-shirt and jean type of guys.

Would you wear a stripped polo or keep it simple and go with a solid color polo? This is just for casual wear btw. Nothing too serious. Just going to hang out with some friends somewhere. Oh and do some of you consider a polo too formal for casual nights out? I know some people do. But those are usually the t-shirt and jean type of guys.
polos are great for casual or more formal nights out - multi functional and that's why I like them. Just make sure the shirt fits well and isn't oversized. People that hate on polos probably buy their shirts from the NFL website.

MacArtist said:
I think this applies to women too. The hairier ones you know.
That line of hair that starts at a woman's belly button and disappears into the waist of her jeans sometimes slips past the greens keeper.

Would you wear a stripped polo or keep it simple and go with a solid color polo? This is just for casual wear btw. Nothing too serious. Just going to hang out with some friends somewhere. Oh and do some of you consider a polo too formal for casual nights out? I know some people do. But those are usually the t-shirt and jean type of guys.
polos are great for casual or more formal nights out - multi functional and that's why I like them. Just make sure the shirt fits well and isn't oversized. People that hate on polos probably buy their shirts from the NFL website.
Got any particular brand you like to wear? Some brands seem to make the polo for people with narrow shoulders. So i have to get like an xl or 2xl in the case of a lacoste polo.

Got any particular brand you like to wear? Some brands seem to make the polo for people with narrow shoulders. So i have to get like an xl or 2xl in the case of a lacoste polo.
If you want to save money, the polos at Target are gold. Great material for the price ($10-12). I have a few nice polos from Paul Smith and J Lindenberg that I wear to more upscale events. You need to go with what fits you well. I'm a medium and normally go with a 40R jacket so I'm not sure what will work well for you.As for the striped or solid look, go with what you feel most comfortable in and what looks best with the trousers you're wearing. Both striped and solid polos are good looks.

If anyone knows of any fashionable shirts that are slightly longer than average but still slim post the links. I'm 6'3" 195lbs and most size L shirts fit my upper body perfect but don't come down far enough, any bigger sizes look like tents since my waist is pretty slim. I am talking t-shirts, polos, and button up shirts.

If anyone knows of any fashionable shirts that are slightly longer than average but still slim post the links. I'm 6'3" 195lbs and most size L shirts fit my upper body perfect but don't come down far enough, any bigger sizes look like tents since my waist is pretty slim. I am talking t-shirts, polos, and button up shirts.
you may want to check out some of the designers from Scandinavia. Lots of people up there have similar dimensions as you. J Lindeberg is one of my favorite brands. They've been sponsoring quite a few of the young golfers on the PGA tour.http://www.jlindebergusa.com/MenLandingPage2.aspx

:thumbdown: , although I agree with most of the OP. I only make two exceptions to everything else. In spring when I want to start wearing sandals I will sometimes wear black ankle socks with closed-toed Keen sandals. Also wear nice Brooks Bros. corduroys in really cold weather.

Pink shirts are :lmao:
Yes and no for me. First off you have to have the confidence to pull it off...if you are a male and at all self conscious about wearing pink than probably best to avoid.

Secondly, pink shirts are better with darker complexion people...they look fantastic on african american men or someone with a tan or generally darker or more olive skin. I personally have lighter skin and a more pinkish tone already so wearing a pink shirt just magnifies this and doesn't look right on me. I wish it did cuz I do like the look.

you may want to check out some of the designers from Scandinavia. Lots of people up there have similar dimensions as you. J Lindeberg is one of my favorite brands. They've been sponsoring quite a few of the young golfers on the PGA tour.http://www.jlindebergusa.com/MenLandingPage2.aspx
Wow yeah they have some nice stuff...it does appear these shirts would fit quite well....although at $100 a pop not sure I will be getting too many :lmao: Thanks

Sitting there in your tight jorts and red Nebraska Cornhusker logo'd crocs and wondering if it's a good look?Ready to slip on your brown boat shoes with your black double breasted suit?White wife beater with or without the gold neck rope chain?Questions about style? Fire away and I (and I'm sure many others) will give an opinion on it.
How old are you and what person that we know do you resemble? What's your normal style for the work week? Weekend? What would you wear to a 4th of July BBQ tomorrow afternoon?J

Wow yeah they have some nice stuff...it does appear these shirts would fit quite well....although at $100 a pop not sure I will be getting too many :lmao: Thanks
Yeah, I avoid paying retail unless I really like something. In NYC, JL has some pretty great sales/sample sales and I get these for $20-40 a shirt

The problem with fashion is cost. So much of what people call fashionable costs too much money.
Agree, that it tends to cost a little more, but usually those clothes are better constructed and utilize nicer materials...so not only does it fit better, but it last longer and feels much better on.I know I always get flack for this, but I urge those who are used to spending $20 on a pair of jeans from Old Navy to just try on and experience one pair of higher end jeans ($75-$100 range). They just feel and look so much better on that it's worth the extra cost (from my experience anyways)

The problem with fashion is cost. So much of what people call fashionable costs too much money.
Agree, that it tends to cost a little more, but usually those clothes are better constructed and utilize nicer materials...so not only does it fit better, but it last longer and feels much better on.I know I always get flack for this, but I urge those who are used to spending $20 on a pair of jeans from Old Navy to just try on and experience one pair of higher end jeans ($75-$100 range). They just feel and look so much better on that it's worth the extra cost (from my experience anyways)
I'll one up you so I can take some of the bullets. I only own 5 pairs of jeans and they have all ran me $140-240/pair. If I could find a pair with decent construction, stitching, material and fit for $20 I'd buy them in a heart beat. It doesn't get any better than Nudie's Regular Ralf style IMO. I don't mind paying for quality and the fact I'll get lots of wear out of them. http://www.nudiejeans.com/shop#/jeans/938

How old are you and what person that we know do you resemble? What's your normal style for the work week? Weekend? What would you wear to a 4th of July BBQ tomorrow afternoon?

J
In regards to the BBQ afternoon/night attire question.....definitely keep it simple. Nice pair of well fitting jeans (I'm not a shorts guy personally), simple V-Neck short sleeved T-shirt with no design (just white or light colored), aviator style sunglasses and possibly a simple short-billed cadet hat (if you're a hat guy).The rest of your question is a dangerous one to answer in these parts...I have a feeling no matter how I answer the first part I'll get flamed endlessly. Let me stress...I DO NOT THINK THAT I LOOK LIKE THESE PEOPLE, but I tend to consider myself inspired by a mixture of styles between Justin Timberlake, Brad Pitt and David Beckhum. I like mixing and matching patterns and texures, well fitting tailored clothes and very big into layering shirts/sweaters/jackets, etc.

My age: 33 years old

My normal work style is something along these lines..

[url=http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/offdee/Miscellaneoushttp://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/offdee/Miscellaneous

%5Burl="http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/offdee/Miscellaneous

;)

OK, I can't look that sweet all the time, so the below are a few pics of what I may mix and match for work (advertising agency for me), casual night out or art gallery/museum/dinner type event just for visual examples of MY PERSONAL TASTES.

[url=http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/offdee/FBG Fashionhttp://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/offdee/FBG%20Fashion

[url=http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/offdee/FBG Fashionhttp://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/offdee/FBG%20Fashion

Let me finally say I completely realize everyone has different tastes and express themselves through fashion differently and that's excellent. I don't expect everyone to like the clothes I wear or the views I have and that's fine..at least it can get some conversation going and something for all to think about and consider at least. I feel I have a decent sense of what's going on the fashion world overall (many of which I would NEVER wear myself, but I can still respect and appreciate it) so can hopefully lend some insight to guys here who just want to look a bit more polished and updated but don't really know where to even start. Hopefully myself, Rocky Dennis, Finless (and I'm sure others who I've seen post solid fashion advice in the past) can help lend some helpful thoughts.

Had a discussion with some friends while at lunch. So i pose this question to some of you FBG's. Do you fashion conscious FBG's regard yourselves as pretty boy's? Some of my friends apparently think that if you are into fashion and matching your outfit it makes you a pretty boy. Mind you im from a small city in florida (apopka). Where i guess "real" men wear a regular shirt wrangler jeans and some dickies work boots.

So what say you guys?

Had a discussion with some friends while at lunch. So i pose this question to some of you FBG's. Do you fashion conscious FBG's regard yourselves as pretty boy's? Some of my friends apparently think that if you are into fashion and matching your outfit it makes you a pretty boy. Mind you im from a small city in florida (apopka). Where i guess "real" men wear a regular shirt wrangler jeans and some dickies work boots. So what say you guys?
I'm sure we come off as pretty boys and I guess there really isn't a whole lot you can do about it. If you're confident in what you wear and how you look and feel good than who really cares what others think.

Had a discussion with some friends while at lunch. So i pose this question to some of you FBG's. Do you fashion conscious FBG's regard yourselves as pretty boy's? Some of my friends apparently think that if you are into fashion and matching your outfit it makes you a pretty boy. Mind you im from a small city in florida (apopka). Where i guess "real" men wear a regular shirt wrangler jeans and some dickies work boots.

So what say you guys?
I'm sure we come off as pretty boys and I guess there really isn't a whole lot you can do about it. If you're confident in what you wear and how you look and feel good than who really cares what others think.
:mellow: That's why fashion doesn't matter. Everything I wear came from a thrift store (besides formal wear/work clothes). Spending more than $5 on a t-shirt is not on my to-do list.

Step 1) make sure it fits

Step 2) be a badass

So what say you guys?
:mellow: That's why fashion doesn't matter. Everything I wear came from a thrift store (besides formal wear/work clothes). Spending more than $5 on a t-shirt is not on my to-do list.

Step 2) be a badass
I agree. I bought this Shirt and managed to pull it off pretty nicely. But its like you said. As long as you like what you're wearing you can pull pretty much anything off. I guess its all about the swag.

So what say you guys?

Step 2) be a badass
Very true. Being fashionable doesn't need to be expensive. Making sure it fits properly is definitely the #1 thing to be aware of.From my experience, wearing an entire wardrobe from a thrift store can come off looking ill-fitting and cheap though which isn't a good thing. Mixing a nice pair of higher end jeans with a $5 thrift store T-shirt or vintage goodwill jacket is a money look.

Just don't put on any white sneakers with jeans....huge fashion noob mistake.
Can you explain to me how thats a mistake? I own a couple pairs of casual sneakers in white. Which i wear with light colored jeans and a shirt that matches the color scheme of the shoe. I.E. White and blue sneakers and have the outfit match. Not a good look?

Just don't put on any white sneakers with jeans....huge fashion noob mistake.
Can you explain to me how thats a mistake? I own a couple pairs of casual sneakers in white. Which i wear with light colored jeans and a shirt that matches the color scheme of the shoe. I.E. White and blue sneakers and have the outfit match. Not a good look?
Fin is kidding...you can search for an old thread of his from a while back where he was claiming some other FBG said it's a bad look and we went about squashing that idea.White casual sneakers with jeans is a solid casual look so no worries there. Here are a few things I'd say to watch out for though from your statement..- Jeans: darker wash is always better. Stay away from lighter washed jeans as they tend to sway towards 80's fashion and can skew down the avenue of looking sonewashed at times (not good). Dark jeans match with everything.- Being "matchy matchy" isn't always a good thing. The outfit then tends to come off as if it was just bought straight off the store mannequin. If the colors throughout your outfit are all complimentary than you're golden. It's Ok to have a shade of green in your shoe and not have green anywhere in your pants/shirt/jacket.

Had a discussion with some friends while at lunch. So i pose this question to some of you FBG's. Do you fashion conscious FBG's regard yourselves as pretty boy's? Some of my friends apparently think that if you are into fashion and matching your outfit it makes you a pretty boy. Mind you im from a small city in florida (apopka). Where i guess "real" men wear a regular shirt wrangler jeans and some dickies work boots. So what say you guys?
I don't regard myself as a pretty boy at all, since I am more of the blue collar type but I just like to wear matching/fit nice clothes. I wasn't always that way, but once I started being much more conscience about my clothes I remember over hearing one of my friends say to another "What's with him looking all GQ?" and I just chuckled to myself. I don't really care if other people think I'm a pretty boy or anything else since I wear the clothes because I like to :goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread