Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
offdee

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style:

Fashion tip:

Always.Wear.Sulka.

First I've heard of this. What sets them apart?

http://www.sulka.com/craftsmanship.php

Sorry for the delay in response, haven't been able to get on FBG for a bit. As you've read, Sulka was a high end clothing designer. The company is no longer in business, so the only pieces you can get are already out there somewhere. Known for making high end silk smoking robes and leather wares. Also they made high end suits, shirts, ties, etc. Here's a link to a coat on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SULKA-Cashmere-Silk-Tr...=item1e59f795fb

I've only read about 10 of the pages in this thread, but was suprised to hear that nobody wore/heard of Charles Tyrwhitt. Good quality. Off Jermyn Street in London. Check out Thomas Pink and Turnbull & Asser...other pieces of similar quality of construction and design.

If you're looking for a tuxedo or top end dress suit or shirt, Borrelli Napoli, Brioni, Ermenegildo Zegna, Attolini, Isaia, Kiton, Luciano Barbera are good. There are plenty of others, just a few off the top of my head. You're going to pay a little more, but unlike your Tommy Hilfiger blazer, these items are handcrafted of the highest quality fabrics and hold well to wear. They also keep value and could be resold. Plus, if you are sized correctly, most will fit appropriately and will make you look fantastic. Really worth the extra coin.

I sell menswear as a side job. I certainly wouldn't suggest that I know more about style than anyone else, but I may be able to help with finding quality. There are plenty of places that you can find high quality items at about the same price you're paying at the local mall for crap that will fall apart in a few years. And the only reason I know is that I was standing in those same mall lines too.

ETA: To be fair, Polo and Brooks Brothers are solid options and can be found at local consumer congregations.

Take Care

Edited by got_nugs

I've almost bought these boots a handful of times now. Not sure they're worth the coin.
Definitely not the cheapest, but I'd imagine they'd pretty much last forever. Good mix of :style: and durability IMO (especially in our cold, snowy winters)

I've almost bought these boots a handful of times now. Not sure they're worth the coin.
Definitely not the cheapest, but I'd imagine they'd pretty much last forever. Good mix of :style: and durability IMO (especially in our cold, snowy winters)

I've tried them on. They're definitely not a very cold weather boot. No insulation IIRC. These are more of a "style" boot dressed up to look rugged. I went with these instead

can I get a ruling on this shirt?

What sort of pants/jeans could one wear with this?

Not bad. I'd suggest to make sure you get it so the size isn't baggy, but more tailored/fitted to your body. Cool shirt if fits well, but would look very dated if wore it oversized.

Pants are tough with a blue denim look shirt...my advice would be a pair of grey jeans. With black boots would be a solid overall look.

http://www.oki-ni.com/content/ebiz/okini/i...cn0012greyM.jpg

can I get a ruling on this shirt?

What sort of pants/jeans could one wear with this?

Black or light colored pants (greys/whites). Always tough making denim shirts work for you unless you like doubling up on denim and you're some sort of :banned: guy

Need some summertime shoes to wear with shorts.

suggestions?

are these types of shoes still the rage?

Something like this or the Adidas Stan Smith's Major linked to are solid summer shoe choices. I'd suggest to wear them barefoot or with very low (below the ankle bone) type socks.

I have a pair of these...works great with shorts or jeans

http://www.nikeunion.com/images/nike-sweet...-leather-10.jpg

Edited by offdee

Yeah, that's a lot of money for a half canvas boot. And a little too foo foo. Boots are one one thing you don't really just start screwing around with just for :style: sake. Boots by definition are function over style. If they happen to look cool, that's a nice plus. But that shouldn't be their goal. If the urban guy wants to wear real hunting boots, that's fine. But don't start messing up real boots to make them something they're not.

J

these?

low key, which I like

Can't go wrong with no socks and Jack Purcells. That's been a good look for 80 years or so.

J

Not a fan of the effeminate white shoes.

Any thoughts on this jacket? Bought this last week.

Not bad, for a throw it on when needed very casual day with some jeans and tennis shoes (although could've done without the Rambo style patches on the chest and arm). Only thing is it's not very versatile and with jackets I like them to be somewhat adaptable for both dressing up and dressing down. This is a strictly dress down jacket. Edited by offdee

Any thoughts on this jacket? Bought this last week.

Not bad, for a throw it on when needed very casual day with some jeans and tennis shoes (although could've done without the Rambo style patches on the chest and arm). Only thing is it's not very versatile and with jackets I like them to be somewhat adaptable for both dressing up and dressing down. This is a strictly dress down jacket.
I usually go for dress shirts, ties, and slacks for dress up, so I'd never wear the jacket for anything other than a casual look.

Not a fan of the effeminate white shoes.

:goodposting:

Jeans for work are hard to find. On one hand, you don't want the real boring, ugly "farmer" blue jeans. On the other hand, you don't want them being too "cool" with crazy pockets, washings, holes, distressed areas, etc. It's still an office and you have too look semi-professional. :goodposting:

Jeans for work are hard to find. On one hand, you don't want the real boring, ugly "farmer" blue jeans. On the other hand, you don't want them being too "cool" with crazy pockets, washings, holes, distressed areas, etc. It's still an office and you have too look semi-professional. :goodposting:

some dark levis will do the trick.

Jeans for work are hard to find. On one hand, you don't want the real boring, ugly "farmer" blue jeans. On the other hand, you don't want them being too "cool" with crazy pockets, washings, holes, distressed areas, etc. It's still an office and you have too look semi-professional. :no:

Actually there's a lot of newer jeans out there now that are minimal distressed and simple. As talked about earlier you can be all over the board with pricey jeans, but for a decent price look for

Gap Selvege

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=6...&tid=gofr1r

Levi's (dark)

http://freshmans.ca/blog/levis-501-lvc-1947-at-freshman/

Also, grey jeans and black jeans are solid looks as well which can be dressed up more.

Jeans for work are hard to find. On one hand, you don't want the real boring, ugly "farmer" blue jeans. On the other hand, you don't want them being too "cool" with crazy pockets, washings, holes, distressed areas, etc. It's still an office and you have too look semi-professional. :no:

Levi's (dark)

http://freshmans.ca/blog/levis-501-lvc-1947-at-freshman/

Also, grey jeans and black jeans are solid looks as well which can be dressed up more.

:lmao:

Wait black Jeans are back in :style:? I'm convinced I could wear everything I had from college and be a :hipster:

Wait black Jeans are back in :style:? I'm convinced I could wear everything I had from college and be a :hipster:

A decent pair (for visual)

http://www.tobi.com/product/17751-nudie-je...?color_id=21191

Ridiculous

1. They're over $100

2. The fit is horrible

3. No man should EVER. EVER. wear skinny jeans

4. Is that sheen?

Terrible.

Jeans for work are hard to find. On one hand, you don't want the real boring, ugly "farmer" blue jeans. On the other hand, you don't want them being too "cool" with crazy pockets, washings, holes, distressed areas, etc. It's still an office and you have too look semi-professional. :hifive:

Mavi's might not be a bad choice. :goodposting:

Ridiculous

1. They're over $100

2. The fit is horrible

4. Is that sheen?

Terrible.

I would have to kick my own ### if I wore those.

Ridiculous

1. They're over $100

2. The fit is horrible

4. Is that sheen?

Terrible.

I would have to kick my own ### if I wore those.
Gotta agree with the last two poasts.

Dear Adidas,Bring back the green-soled Stans.:kthxbai:

these are all available and have been for years. Adidas Originals

Jeans for work are hard to find. On one hand, you don't want the real boring, ugly "farmer" blue jeans. On the other hand, you don't want them being too "cool" with crazy pockets, washings, holes, distressed areas, etc. It's still an office and you have too look semi-professional. :mellow:

I hear that. That's why you have to look at jeans like you do dress slacks or whatever (i.e. spend a bit more money on them). I'm a big fan of APC, Rogan, and Paul Smith denim. About $150-200 but great denim without all the bs designs on the pockets and def not farmer jeans:

example:

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/item10033802.aspx

black and grey denim have been in style for the past few years. I'm actually in the market for a great fitting pair of black denim but have yet to find something I'm 100% happy with. Next colors you'll be seeing is bright colors of jeans (orange, green, etc). Not my :style: but seeing more and more of it:

Levis Color