What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style: (3 Viewers)

I've almost bought these boots a handful of times now. Not sure they're worth the coin.
Definitely not the cheapest, but I'd imagine they'd pretty much last forever. Good mix of :style: and durability IMO (especially in our cold, snowy winters)
I've tried them on. They're definitely not a very cold weather boot. No insulation IIRC. These are more of a "style" boot dressed up to look rugged. I went with these instead

can I get a ruling on this shirt?

What sort of pants/jeans could one wear with this?
Not bad. I'd suggest to make sure you get it so the size isn't baggy, but more tailored/fitted to your body. Cool shirt if fits well, but would look very dated if wore it oversized.Pants are tough with a blue denim look shirt...my advice would be a pair of grey jeans. With black boots would be a solid overall look.

http://www.oki-ni.com/content/ebiz/okini/i...cn0012greyM.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've almost bought these boots a handful of times now. Not sure they're worth the coin.
Yeah, that's a lot of money for a half canvas boot. And a little too foo foo. Boots are one one thing you don't really just start screwing around with just for :style: sake. Boots by definition are function over style. If they happen to look cool, that's a nice plus. But that shouldn't be their goal. If the urban guy wants to wear real hunting boots, that's fine. But don't start messing up real boots to make them something they're not.

J

Any thoughts on this jacket? Bought this last week.
Not bad, for a throw it on when needed very casual day with some jeans and tennis shoes (although could've done without the Rambo style patches on the chest and arm). Only thing is it's not very versatile and with jackets I like them to be somewhat adaptable for both dressing up and dressing down. This is a strictly dress down jacket.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any thoughts on this jacket? Bought this last week.
Not bad, for a throw it on when needed very casual day with some jeans and tennis shoes (although could've done without the Rambo style patches on the chest and arm). Only thing is it's not very versatile and with jackets I like them to be somewhat adaptable for both dressing up and dressing down. This is a strictly dress down jacket.
I usually go for dress shirts, ties, and slacks for dress up, so I'd never wear the jacket for anything other than a casual look.

Jeans for work are hard to find. On one hand, you don't want the real boring, ugly "farmer" blue jeans. On the other hand, you don't want them being too "cool" with crazy pockets, washings, holes, distressed areas, etc. It's still an office and you have too look semi-professional. :goodposting:

Jeans for work are hard to find. On one hand, you don't want the real boring, ugly "farmer" blue jeans. On the other hand, you don't want them being too "cool" with crazy pockets, washings, holes, distressed areas, etc. It's still an office and you have too look semi-professional. :goodposting:
some dark levis will do the trick.

eoMMan said:
Jeans for work are hard to find. On one hand, you don't want the real boring, ugly "farmer" blue jeans. On the other hand, you don't want them being too "cool" with crazy pockets, washings, holes, distressed areas, etc. It's still an office and you have too look semi-professional. :no:
Actually there's a lot of newer jeans out there now that are minimal distressed and simple. As talked about earlier you can be all over the board with pricey jeans, but for a decent price look forGap Selvege

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=6...&tid=gofr1r

Levi's (dark)

http://freshmans.ca/blog/levis-501-lvc-1947-at-freshman/

Also, grey jeans and black jeans are solid looks as well which can be dressed up more.

eoMMan said:
Jeans for work are hard to find. On one hand, you don't want the real boring, ugly "farmer" blue jeans. On the other hand, you don't want them being too "cool" with crazy pockets, washings, holes, distressed areas, etc. It's still an office and you have too look semi-professional. :no:
Levi's (dark)

http://freshmans.ca/blog/levis-501-lvc-1947-at-freshman/

Also, grey jeans and black jeans are solid looks as well which can be dressed up more.
:lmao:

Wait black Jeans are back in :style:? I'm convinced I could wear everything I had from college and be a :hipster:

eoMMan said:
Jeans for work are hard to find. On one hand, you don't want the real boring, ugly "farmer" blue jeans. On the other hand, you don't want them being too "cool" with crazy pockets, washings, holes, distressed areas, etc. It's still an office and you have too look semi-professional. :hifive:
Mavi's might not be a bad choice. :goodposting:

Wait black Jeans are back in :style:? I'm convinced I could wear everything I had from college and be a :hipster:
A decent pair (for visual)http://www.tobi.com/product/17751-nudie-je...?color_id=21191
Ridiculous1. They're over $100

2. The fit is horrible

3. No man should EVER. EVER. wear skinny jeans

4. Is that sheen?

Terrible.
I would have to kick my own ### if I wore those.
Gotta agree with the last two poasts.

eoMMan said:
Jeans for work are hard to find. On one hand, you don't want the real boring, ugly "farmer" blue jeans. On the other hand, you don't want them being too "cool" with crazy pockets, washings, holes, distressed areas, etc. It's still an office and you have too look semi-professional. :mellow:
I hear that. That's why you have to look at jeans like you do dress slacks or whatever (i.e. spend a bit more money on them). I'm a big fan of APC, Rogan, and Paul Smith denim. About $150-200 but great denim without all the bs designs on the pockets and def not farmer jeans:example:

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/item10033802.aspx

black and grey denim have been in style for the past few years. I'm actually in the market for a great fitting pair of black denim but have yet to find something I'm 100% happy with. Next colors you'll be seeing is bright colors of jeans (orange, green, etc). Not my :style: but seeing more and more of it:Levis Color

eoMMan said:
Jeans for work are hard to find. On one hand, you don't want the real boring, ugly "farmer" blue jeans. On the other hand, you don't want them being too "cool" with crazy pockets, washings, holes, distressed areas, etc. It's still an office and you have too look semi-professional. :mellow:
I hear that. That's why you have to look at jeans like you do dress slacks or whatever (i.e. spend a bit more money on them). I'm a big fan of APC, Rogan, and Paul Smith denim. About $150-200 but great denim without all the bs designs on the pockets and def not farmer jeans:example:

http://www.farfetch.com/shopping/men/item10033802.aspx
What is it with huge pockets the size of New Hampshire?

Users who are viewing this thread