Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
offdee

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style:

Are Rose colored lenses a no go? I'm having a disagreement with someone.

Link.

Yeah, I'd avoid the rose colored lenses. Those specs have an option for black lenses....go with those.
Sweet, I dig the black ones while my girl has let her bias towards pink influence her desire. For a girl, she's got some questionable tastes.

So the black ones look fine? Anything else you might recommend?

Sunglasses in general are tough to recommend, and expect it to be even harder for you since you feel that most don't accentuate your facial shape well.

In terms of what's in :style: right now, see Major's link in post #1736. The oversized squarish aviator look with the thicker plastic frame is getting good play lately.

I personally don't like to spend a lot on sunglasses because :styles: change so regularly, plus they are easily broken or misplaced. Get a few random knockoffs for $30 a piece and switch it up throughout the summer. Than if you lose, break or they are no longer in :style: than nothing really lost.

Don't skimp on your eyes and your feet. Buy good glasses with good lenses. Take care of your eyes.

J

Are Rose colored lenses a no go? I'm having a disagreement with someone.

Link.

Yeah, I'd avoid the rose colored lenses. Those specs have an option for black lenses....go with those.
Sweet, I dig the black ones while my girl has let her bias towards pink influence her desire. For a girl, she's got some questionable tastes.

So the black ones look fine? Anything else you might recommend?

Sunglasses in general are tough to recommend, and expect it to be even harder for you since you feel that most don't accentuate your facial shape well.

In terms of what's in :style: right now, see Major's link in post #1736. The oversized squarish aviator look with the thicker plastic frame is getting good play lately.

I personally don't like to spend a lot on sunglasses because :styles: change so regularly, plus they are easily broken or misplaced. Get a few random knockoffs for $30 a piece and switch it up throughout the summer. Than if you lose, break or they are no longer in :style: than nothing really lost.

Don't skimp on your eyes and your feet. Buy good glasses with good lenses. Take care of your eyes.

J

Yeah, polarized lenses are a must for me. I don't mind paying the extra money for them. :shrug:

I'm a big guy at 6'5" and 260. I'm don't have a big gut per say, but I'm just big all around.

I have a horrible time getting shirts to fit. XLT are usually best fitting, but sometimes tight in the chest/shoulders. 2XLT are grossly oversized in the waist.

Any idea where I can get good online fitted shirts for a decent price? There aren't very many good shopping areas where I live.

Why do you think you can't wear coloured socks with jeans in BuddyBall's example? I tend to match the sock with the pant, so I'd go with blue ones. :sleep:

I always thought the guide was the sock colour should go with the pant or shoe (at least when wearing dressier clothes).

This rule of thumb is for when wearing dress pants and suits. With more casual attire like jeans and chunky brown boot type shoes that rule of thumb no longer applies.

Jeans = white and grey socks (note: if wearing black dress shoes with jeans, than stick with wearing black dress socks as well)

Dress pants = match the sock color with the pants or shoes

What about shoes like these:Skechers

with jeans rather than chunky brown boot type shoes? Still white or grey socks? I tend to only wear white socks when I'm exercising/playing sports.

With those shoes and jeans either grey or white socks would work. I wouldn't recommend wearing those shoes with shorts...get something lighter/whiter shade.

With shorts, whether working out or regular wear, always go with white socks or no socks at all. For non-athletic shorts/shoes wearing I prefer the below the ankle bone socks so they are just barely seen (in white)

I wouldn't wear white socks with those shoes. Almost any neutral color looks better imo.

Agreed on not wearing those shoes with shorts though. That would look pretty terrible.

Why do you think you can't wear coloured socks with jeans in BuddyBall's example? I tend to match the sock with the pant, so I'd go with blue ones. :shrug:

I always thought the guide was the sock colour should go with the pant or shoe (at least when wearing dressier clothes).

This rule of thumb is for when wearing dress pants and suits. With more casual attire like jeans and chunky brown boot type shoes that rule of thumb no longer applies.

Jeans = white and grey socks (note: if wearing black dress shoes with jeans, than stick with wearing black dress socks as well)

with jeans rather than chunky brown boot type shoes? Still white or grey socks? I tend to only wear white socks when I'm exercising/playing sports.

With those shoes and jeans either grey or white socks would work. I wouldn't recommend wearing those shoes with shorts...get something lighter/whiter shade.

With shorts, whether working out or regular wear, always go with white socks or no socks at all.

X

I'm a big guy at 6'5" and 260. I'm don't have a big gut per say, but I'm just big all around. I have a horrible time getting shirts to fit. XLT are usually best fitting, but sometimes tight in the chest/shoulders. 2XLT are grossly oversized in the waist.Any idea where I can get good online fitted shirts for a decent price? There aren't very many good shopping areas where I live.

Unfortunately I don't have a good answer to this rascal..maybe someone else could help you out.I do remember earlier in this thread this topic was addressed with some suggestions, but you'll have to do some reading in the first 10 pages or so.

Heads up, cargo pants are on the comeback

link?

link?
See a few posts up for a link to a visual. Edited by offdee

Why do you think you can't wear coloured socks with jeans in BuddyBall's example? I tend to match the sock with the pant, so I'd go with blue ones. :thumbdown:

With shorts, whether working out or regular wear, always go with white socks or no socks at all. For non-athletic shorts/shoes wearing I prefer the below the ankle bone socks so they are just barely seen (in white)

I wouldn't wear white socks with those shoes. Almost any neutral color looks better imo.

Agreed on not wearing those shoes with shorts though. That would look pretty terrible.

I agree with the neutral colour choice over the white sock. I'm just not a fan of wearing white socks for other than athletic purposes. I never wear these shoes with shorts, so we all agree on that.

link?
See a few posts up for a link to a visual.
How does a hosted image on photobucket tell me these are on the comeback?

link?
The guy wearing them looks effeminate?

Heads up, cargo pants are on the comeback....but, in an updated and more slim/streamlined fit design.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/o...hion/cargos.jpg

I didn't get on board the cargo pants train ~8 years ago, not doing it this time around.
:lmao: I have a pair of shorts maybe 2 but that's it.

When are painter jeans making a comeback? They fit me well

Heads up, cargo pants are on the comeback....but, in an updated and more slim/streamlined fit design.

I didn't get on board the cargo pants train ~8 years ago, not doing it this time around.
:thumbup: I have a pair of shorts maybe 2 but that's it.

Aside from some stitching and the loop on the side, painter jeans are pretty much regular jeans, right?

I'm not sure on the painter jeans. I'm waiting for Z.Cavaricchis to take the world by storm again. The fit me perfect and looked great with a turtleneck:

Z. Cavaricchis

Aside from some stitching and the loop on the side, painter jeans are pretty much regular jeans, right?
And the stupid pocket down the side. I guess. I just know I had a pair of POLO painters jeans I got for like 25 bucks and they were the most comfortable jeans that ever fit me.

I'm not sure on the painter jeans. I'm waiting for Z.Cavaricchis to take the world by storm again. The fit me perfect and looked great with a turtleneck:

Z. Cavaricchis

GB the late 80's early 90's :wheelhouse:

link?
The guy wearing them looks effeminate?
ogolz

I'm a big guy at 6'5" and 260. I'm don't have a big gut per say, but I'm just big all around. I have a horrible time getting shirts to fit. XLT are usually best fitting, but sometimes tight in the chest/shoulders. 2XLT are grossly oversized in the waist.Any idea where I can get good online fitted shirts for a decent price? There aren't very many good shopping areas where I live.

Unfortunately I don't have a good answer to this rascal..maybe someone else could help you out.I do remember earlier in this thread this topic was addressed with some suggestions, but you'll have to do some reading in the first 10 pages or so.
Tks...I'll do some reading and bump it for those with similar questions.

Only thing I found was a link to J.Lindeberg.

Anybody ever get Enzo Tovare shirts?

http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/En...50/product.html\

I like the looks of this one but not sure what pants would go with it?

http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/En...html?rcmndsrc=2

A pair of black slacks?

Is it ever acceptable for a guy to wear a silk shirt...

http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/An...43/product.html

Edited by rascal

I like the looks of this one but not sure what pants would go with it?

http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/En...html?rcmndsrc=2

A pair of black slacks?

Is it ever acceptable for a guy to wear a silk shirt...

http://www.overstock.com/Clothing-Shoes/An...43/product.html

1st link: yep, solid black pants and black shoes would be what you pair that shirt with.

2nd link: No.

This has bugged me for a while. Someone find me a shirt with the following specs:

- Black

- Short-sleeved

- Straight-collared

- Button down

- Not Cotton

- Not Silk

- Not cut for a 6'3" 140lb heaumaux

Thanks.

This has bugged me for a while. Someone find me a shirt with the following specs:

- Black

- Short-sleeved

- Straight-collared

- Button down

- Not Cotton

- Not Silk

- Not cut for a 6'3" 140lb heaumaux

Thanks.

http://www.snowboarding.com/equipment/buye...eve+-+Men's

http://www.dogfunk.com/snowboard/RVCA-Newb...s/RVC0999M.html

http://www.surfboardsetc.com/moredetail/41...utm_term=412702

:lmao:

I'll take this one. If it's cut for a waif, I'm hunting you down.

Does this description make you feel any better? :lmao:

Let the slim-fitting and casually smooth RVCA Men's Servicio Shirt complement your personality when you approach the hottie at the local pub with sheer confidence.

I'm trying to find long sleeve V-neck T's

Kinda like this but less queer. or this,

Supposedly, Banana Republic has them for ~$26, but I'd like to know if you guys have any other recommendations.

For just simple cotton ones like these I'd say Banana Republic, Gap or Express would be your easiest mall type solution.

:thumbup:

I'll take this one. If it's cut for a waif, I'm hunting you down.

Does this description make you feel any better? :lmao:

Let the slim-fitting and casually smooth RVCA Men's Servicio Shirt complement your personality when you approach the hottie at the local pub with sheer confidence.

Uh, if jb has a beer belly, he's screwed I hope you know.

oh, and show me where the thermals are please, I like those.

Thermals don't really equal :style:

If the white thermals under a t shirt come back in style I'm :moneybag:

If the white thermals under a t shirt come back in style I'm :moneybag:
They never went out.

If the white thermals under a t shirt come back in style I'm :goodposting:
They never went out.
really? the old school thermals under tshirt are still :style: sweet

Fedoras, straw ones for the beach and stuff.

Douchebaggish?

An example.

I doubt I would pay $40 bucks for a hat. But the pic conveys the :style:

Douchebaggish?

An example.

You have to be pretty confident and have the right look. But great if you can pull it off.

J

Douchebaggish?

An example.

You have to be pretty confident and have the right look. But great if you can pull it off.

J

isn't there some sorta beach exemption?

Can't a guy wear a ridiculous hat? The Guns should distract even the most discriminating eye imo.

Douchebaggish?

An example.

J

isn't there some sorta beach exemption?

Can't a guy wear a ridiculous hat? The Guns should distract even the most discriminating eye imo.

Yes. If I were to go on a tropical vacation, I would totally get a cheap souvenier hat. If I like the look well enough, I'd carry it over back home with a nicer quality lid.

With summer approaching, I think that I'd like to go with a simple understated look.

gray v-neck tshirt to go with some light jeans. :flex:

Ladies like this look, right? :excited:

The only problem I can foresee with wearing a hat like that is the ladies might assume you're bald.

With summer approaching, I think that I'd like to go with a simple understated look.

Ladies like this look, right? :excited:

Nothing wrong with that unless the v is to show off your wicked awesome gold chain(s).

Ladies like this look, right? :ph34r:

Solid look, but best to always avoid light jeans. Dark jeans are better. If want to go lighter, get a solid pair of grey jeans.

Ladies like this look, right? :ph34r:

I sport the basic V-neck t-shirt all the time here in AZ. Just make sure you have the physique for it...if you are even slightly overweight it can be a bad thing.

Also, not too tight or not too big is important...make sure you're wearing the right size.

If you're a thin guy I probably wouldn't recommend this look.

Douchebaggish?

An example.

I wish there was a cool, non-baseball cap solution in headwear for the beach/golfing without looking like a geezer or a complete dork. Something that covers my ears/face. Edited by Worm

5'9", 148 lbs., athletic build, no gut, no gold chains, outrageously sexy.

How you doin'?

I'm not sure what shade of gray the shirts will be (but it'll prolly be a size small w/ sleeve half-way-ish up bicep), so I'll adjust the pants accordingly. :X

Douchebaggish?

An example.

I wish there was a cool, non-baseball cap solution in headwear for the beach/golfing without looking like a geezer or a complete dork. Something that covers my ears/face.
Link: http://www.goorin.com/hats/bucket-hat/jacob

?