Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iSnitch

Best pizza place in Chicago

So, what's a good pizza place? If I were looking to expeience a great Chicago deep dish, where's the place you would recommend?

Piece

Great Lake

Pequod's

in that order

Giordano's/thread.

Ummm....no.Piece pizza, Lou Malnati's or Pequods by a big margin over Giordanos. I'm not even sure I'd put Giordano's in the top 10.

Pequod's/Burts

Pizano's

Lou Malnati

Pizzeria Uno/Duo

Gino's East

Chicago's Pizza

Bacino's

Giordano's

Giordano's/thread.

the great debate here in Chicago is giordano's VS gino's east.I like gino's east better.

Is the search function THAT bad on this site?

No, but I'm using my phone and had a hard time using this site to its fullest.

Piece isn't Chicago-style Pizza. It's New Haven style.

Giordano's is also not very good.

Pequod's/Burts

Pizano's

Lou Malnati

Pizzeria Uno/Duo

Gino's East

Chicago's Pizza

Bacino's

Giordano's

:thumbup:

Pizzeria Uno and Giordano's would be my top 2. Lou Malnatis and Gino's overrated imo.

I spent a few days there in June. Went to Gino's East based on recommendations from some friends.

I liked it a lot, but my boring thin-crust friends didn't really like it. They said they don't really want to eat the deep-dish again. ####in haters :thumbdown:

Mini-Hijack, but it's probably still relevant to the OP's question, and it would be nice to use the collective Chicago-knowledge in this thread while it's here.

I've got 3 generations of my family coming to town today for the Cubs v. Braves game for one night, and I'm debating where to take them to dinner for a one night Chicago pre-game experience.

I've narrowed it down to a few options:

1. Chicago-style deep dish pizza (Gino's East, Lou Malnati's, Pizano's, etc.)

2. Chicago-style hot dogs/Italian beef (Mr. Beef, Al's, Portillo's, etc.)

3. Smoque BBQ (everyone in the family loves BBQ and I've been wanting to check it out)

Any recommendations? Where would you take family if they were in town one night for a baseball game?

Mini-Hijack, but it's probably still relevant to the OP's question, and it would be useful use the collective Chicago-knowledge in this thread while it's here.

I've got 3 generations of my family coming to town today for the Cubs v. Braves game for one night, and I'm debating where to take them to dinner for a one night Chicago pre-game experience.

1. Chicago-style Deep dish pizza (Gino's East, Lou Malnati's, Pizano's, etc.)

3. Smoque BBQ (everyone in the family loves BBQ and I've been wanting to check it out)

Any recommendations? Where would you take family if they were in town one night for a baseball game?

There's your answer.

Piece isn't Chicago-style Pizza. It's New Haven style.

Giordano's is also not very good.

This!

I like Lou's and Uno's. Out in Crystal Lake, there's a place called Georgio's. They make a really good Chicago style pizza.

Still love the Oven Grinder. Med bread and a half-pounder. Heart-stopping goodness.

Mini-Hijack, but it's probably still relevant to the OP's question, and it would be useful use the collective Chicago-knowledge in this thread while it's here.

1. Chicago-style Deep dish pizza (Gino's East, Lou Malnati's, Pizano's, etc.)

There's your answer.
That's what I've been leaning towards, although I was somewhat hesitant since it's not quintessential Chicago and I'd be taking a bunch of Southernors to a Chicago BBQ place. Nonetheless, it gets great reviews including a thumbs up from Joe Bryant and they are BYOB, so I think it might be a good spot to check out before the game.

Still love the Oven Grinder. Med bread and a half-pounder. Heart-stopping goodness.

Go on a Friday/Saturday night and you get the added benefit of spending a few hours getting drunk in the bar or on the steps of the place next door before you actually eat.

I had pizza at a little place called Edwardo's when I was in Chicago. I thought it was pretty good.

Piece isn't Chicago-style Pizza. It's New Haven style.Giordano's is also not very good.

Haven't had Piece, but can't agree more with the fact that Giordano's is simply not very good. Uno / Malnoti's are both as good as it gets.

Piece isn't Chicago-style Pizza. It's New Haven style.Giordano's is also not very good.

Haven't had Piece, but can't agree more with the fact that Giordano's is simply not very good. Uno / Malnoti's are both as good as it gets.
Giordanos deep dish made me sick. It was disgusting. The thin was very good.

Also, when it comes to deep dish, Art of Pizza is great, and often overlooked.

Giordanos deep dish made me sick. It was disgusting. The thin was very good.
OOF!!! Their thin is absolute garbage IMO.

Go on a Friday/Saturday night and you get the added benefit of spending a few hours getting drunk in the bar or on the steps of the place next door before you actually eat.
I'm a big fan of Chicago Oven Grinder and Pizza company. Cash only though.

:randymoss:

Explanation?

Pequod's/BurtsPizano'sLou MalnatiPizzeria Uno/DuoGino's EastChicago's PizzaBacino'sGiordano's

I like the way you think. I have the same rankings. Though it's not in the city, The Silo in Lake Bluff (northern burbs) ranks with the best of the city. Honorable mentions to Bacci Jumbo Slice and Yak-zie's Chicken Tang.

stupid question here... but I'm assuming that the Unos you're recommending is somehow magically different in Chicago than the Pizzeria Unos chain, right?

We eat deep dish Giordano's about 1x a month. The kids don't like it but the wife and I love it. Reheated leftovers are horrible though. Disgusting...

stupid question here... but I'm assuming that the Unos you're recommending is somehow magically different in Chicago than the Pizzeria Unos chain, right?

the original is located in downtown Chicago and is very different from the franchise locations you can find elsewhere.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uno_Chicago_Grill

I'm a big fan of Chicago Oven Grinder and Pizza company.

Cash only though.

Explanation?

Great Lake

One of their pies was just named the best pizza ever by Alan Richman

Great Lake

it was a damn good pie, but best ever? wow.

Great Lake

the reviews on sites like Yelp suggest the service spoils any pleasure derived from the meal...

Great Lake

the reviews on sites like Yelp suggest the service spoils any pleasure derived from the meal...
really?We just got our pizza to go. There's like 2 tables in the whole place.How bad can service be when ordering a take-out pizza?EDIT: been over a year since I ate there and I don't think anybody knew much about it at the time. I guess the popularity has gone way up since then so maybe things have changed a lot. Place was dead when I was there.

This

Made it to Pequad's...looks great! Thanks for the help guys. Then I'm off to the Cubs game.

Made it to Pequad's...looks great! Thanks for the help guys. Then I'm off to the Cubs game.

Have a great time at both.......hopefully the Cubs can get to Javier early.

Giordano's/thread.

Whenever I've invited friends to Chicago, and they've asked for a Chicago pizza place, I've taken them there.Not one complaint.Excellent pizza at an affordable price.

There is this quaint little place at the edge of Chicago in Burbank called Olive Garden. Their pizza's are delicious.