What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ESPN Standard Rosters - Flex increases RB's Value? (1 Viewer)

bokbok

Footballguy
I was playing with some settings in the Draft Dominiator (this should be irrelevant).

When using an ESPN standard QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/Flex/TE/K/D/7BE, the application sends Fitz from 8th to around 22nd. I suppose I'm not understanding the logic why this would be the case, are RB's valued that much more.

I remove the Flex, Fitz goes to 12th overall which to me would be more valid, however the ADP on most sites have him as a mid 1st rounder.

Generally, RB's are more consistent scorers than WR's. Therefore, they are desirable for the flex position. I am in a league where we start 2RB's, 3WR's and 1RB/WR flex. The DD does the same. Without the flex, there are WR's everywhere in the top 20.

Generally, RB's are more consistent scorers than WR's. Therefore, they are desirable for the flex position. I am in a league where we start 2RB's, 3WR's and 1RB/WR flex. The DD does the same. Without the flex, there are WR's everywhere in the top 20.
RBs are not more consistent scorers than WRs, at a given point level: http://subscribers.footballguys.com/2007/07guest_holub1.phpYou probably should try different baselines; changes to baselines are what cause different positions to move relative to each other. The default baseline in DD is very RB-biased.

Users who are viewing this thread