What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Interboard Challenge League 2009 (1 Viewer)

Aaron Rudnicki

Keep Walking™
Staff member
Team FBG has a few open spots to fill for the interboard challenge league this year.

Basically, this is a team competition where a team of FBG posters will compete against a team from several other fantasy football message boards.

You draft your team in a normal 12-team draft, but there are several drafts going on around the same time and you can trade into or out of individual drafts. You can't draft the same player twice, but you can work together so that multiple FBG teams each own the same player.

I can provide more details later, but the drafts are starting up soon and we'd like to get the team finalized this week.

There is no cost and no prize other than bragging rights. But, it's a fun and unique league and FBG usually does pretty well.

Mostly, we want active owners who will help us win this thing.

Please post here if you're interested or have any questions. It won't be first-come, first-served but if you're an active poster/drafter here, then that should be good enough.

There are at least 2 open spots and maybe as many as 4. Anyone who doesn't get in now can also be added to a waiting list for any future openings.

Interboard is a lot of fun. Looking forward to another year. Hopefully, some of the better drafters and contributors will have some time for this.

One of my favorites last year, and it was free! Definately a unique challenge during the draft if you're going to maximize your opportunities!!

What are the dates of the draft? I will be on vacation from August 6th through August 16th and unable to help during those times. Otherwise sounds like a nice opportunity.

this is a great league guys very unique

Plus you get to help FBG defeat FFtoday and Kffl etc.

Rzr the drafts are staggered as far as draft starting goes, but the unique thing is that you can trade into any draft you want if you see value falling.

What are the dates of the draft? I will be on vacation from August 6th through August 16th and unable to help during those times. Otherwise sounds like a nice opportunity.
Looks like there will be 8 message board teams all competing against each other this year. So, there will be 8 12-team drafts.The start dates are as follows:A/B/C - Starts July 27D/E/F - Starts August 3G/H - Starts August 10Seems like you could potentially be in one of the first 3. If it doesn't finish by the time you leave, I'm sure someone else could help wrap things up for the last few rounds. If you traded for any picks in the other draft, you could leave a list with people as to what players/positions to target.

Looks like there will be 8 message board teams all competing against each other this year. So, there will be 8 12-team drafts.The start dates are as follows:A/B/C - Starts July 27D/E/F - Starts August 3G/H - Starts August 10Seems like you could potentially be in one of the first 3. If it doesn't finish by the time you leave, I'm sure someone else could help wrap things up for the last few rounds. If you traded for any picks in the other draft, you could leave a list with people as to what players/positions to target.
Would be glad to do one of the A/B/C spots. Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the PM's guys. I had checked the thread earlier and was giving it some thought. Yeah, I guess I'll jump in on this. Earlier the better I suppose. I'd be proud to represent FBG drafting against other boards!!!

I'm going to assume they are like these mocks here on FBG in that you draft and forget it? No need to set a starting line-up each week? Best score possible out of starting requirements? No waivers/trades during the season, etc.?

Rody

Thanks for the PM's guys. I had checked the thread earlier and was giving it some thought. Yeah, I guess I'll jump in on this. Earlier the better I suppose. I'd be proud to represent FBG drafting against other boards!!!I'm going to assume they are like these mocks here on FBG in that you draft and forget it? No need to set a starting line-up each week? Best score possible out of starting requirements? No waivers/trades during the season, etc.?Rody
Oh no no no Trades/waiver wire, weekly line up setting - the whole bit

Thanks for the PM's guys. I had checked the thread earlier and was giving it some thought. Yeah, I guess I'll jump in on this. Earlier the better I suppose. I'd be proud to represent FBG drafting against other boards!!!I'm going to assume they are like these mocks here on FBG in that you draft and forget it? No need to set a starting line-up each week? Best score possible out of starting requirements? No waivers/trades during the season, etc.?Rody
Thanks!

Thanks!
You still in Rody? the draft alone is worht doing it. And I for one need to rebound from a less than stellar performance last year.

the draft alone is worht doing it. And I for one need to rebound from a less than stellar performance last year.
Agreed - a draft where you get to trade in and out of various drafts that are offset in time (makes it easier in some ways to grab handcuffs immediately) is a blast. And while I killed it for most of the regular season (33-11 - 2nd overall of 60 thru 11 weeks), my finish was, let's say, less than stellar (6-21 thru the playoffs). Need a better finish this year.

Last year was strange for me as a last minute replacement. My first two picks were made for me...Brady and Barber....could I have been handed a worse start! :lmao:

I recovered and got lucky enugh to make the top tier, but was pretty mediocre for the most part.

Thanks for the PM's guys. I had checked the thread earlier and was giving it some thought. Yeah, I guess I'll jump in on this. Earlier the better I suppose. I'd be proud to represent FBG drafting against other boards!!!

I'm going to assume they are like these mocks here on FBG in that you draft and forget it? No need to set a starting line-up each week? Best score possible out of starting requirements? No waivers/trades during the season, etc.?

Rody
Thanks!
You still in Rody? the draft alone is worht doing it. And I for one need to rebound from a less than stellar performance last year.
Yes! Thanks for the invite!!!

This is a fun league. I was on the War Room team for the first 4 years before retiring. I'm pretty sure I came in second place year one as well (Out of every team that participated, not my division).

Would be glad to do one of the A/B/C spots. Thanks for the reply.
So do you need someone for A/B/C ?

Sounds cool. I want to make sure my availability is sufficient.

Time between picks?

Message board draft or some other software?

Sounds cool. I want to make sure my availability is sufficient.Time between picks?Message board draft or some other software?
drafts are all on MFL.I think the timer is pretty long. With all the trade possibilities available, the drafts can drag at times while people shop around for the best deal. But, with 11 FBG teammates following along, you can usually get someone to help out if you ever aren't going to be around for awhile.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last year was strange for me as a last minute replacement. My first two picks were made for me...Brady and Barber....could I have been handed a worse start! :goodposting:I recovered and got lucky enugh to make the top tier, but was pretty mediocre for the most part.
Brady/Barber sounded good at the time!

i'd love to get in on this. I've been doing survior leagues here with these guys for 5 years, I'm also a participant in the No Mercy leagues as well as in a dynasty league with Bloom.

Sinrman said:
I wouldn't mind. Sounds like a unique challenge...
I think we filled up the open spots but you're first on the waiting list for any future openings. Sometimes, people do need to be replaced middraft.are you still doing 100+ leagues/year these days?

Last edited by a moderator:
Alert ---- rzrback77 is going on the road to LR this evening and will return on Saturday. WIll have limited internet access so would appreciate someone giving me an email or call via cell when I am getting close.

PM me to exchange info

Users who are viewing this thread