What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Lost Season 6 *** (1 Viewer)

Twilight

Footballguy
I started this thread last year at this time, and might as well start it again.

Here's the summary of the Lost Panel at Comic-con. Will search/post for the You-Tubes of it a little later tonight.

From Sci-Fi Wire

After six seasons, ABC's acclaimed television series Lost is finally coming to an end, although judging from the turnout in Hall H at Comic-Con on Saturday morning it could certainly sustain a few more, if only for the sake of its rabid viewership. Executive producers Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse appeared in person to thank their fans and answer a few questions—albeit in predictably evasive fashion—while offering a few glimpses about what's yet to come in the sixth and final season in a panel that featured a heavy dose of live-action theatrics.

Conducted almost as an informercial rather than a proper presentation, the Lost panel opened with an advertisement for "Lost University" before screening a preview of a "1980s television program that may be of particular interest to Lost fans," at least according to a title card. (One presumes this is at least vaguely a reference to the recent lawsuit brought against the series' creators by a television producer who says he created the core characters and story in the late 1970s.) The clip was brilliantly executed in '80s detail, down to its horrible VHS quality, and boasted secrets about "The Dharma Initiative," which was also the name of the pseudo-documentary. Lindelof later indicated that this documentary would be part of the bonus materials in a future DVD release, although he didn't specify whether it would be released in conjunction with season five or six.

Most of the panel was fan-fueled, starting when Lindelof and Cuse said that they are often asked whether everything that has happened on the show is according to plan. Accordingly, they decided to answer the question once and for all by locking two pages from the script from the final episode in a box, which they would open on Jimmy Kimmel Live on the day of its broadcast to confirm they conceived it before they even started shooting the new season. "There's no way to prove it," Lindelof said. "When the show's over we can just say no, we weren't making it up as we go along."

"We have talked about the fact that the final scene of the show is written, and for the first time we have actually committed that to paper," he revealed.

Opening the floor to questions, the duo said that season six will have some similartities to season one. "The biggest moment in the show's life was when we were able to announce the show's death," Lindelof acknowledged. "As soon as we were able to start working towards an endpoint, we wanted to make sure that the show felt like it was closing a loop, in a way, so that the final season would feel like the first season. There's a good chance that you'll be seeing characters you haven't seen since the first season."

"I think there was a feeling that they were running around in the jungle, and things felt intense and surprising," Cuse added. "For us, the kind of emotional discovery that went on as we learned about these characters in the first season, we feel like we have a way that we're going to be doing that in the final season of the show that we like, and hopefully you will too."

While they didn't commit to what sort of storytelling structure the inventive program would use in its final season, Lindelof did clarify that they were done with some of the tricks of previous seasons, specifically time travel and flash-forwards. But after they announced the winners of a contest for fans to write a real theme for the show, they screened two more brief clips, the second of which was a scene from an episode of America's Most Wanted in which Kate Austen is the featured perpetrator. What's most interesting about this is the revelation that Kate's stepfather was not the victim of the gas leak she created, but another man.

Afterward, none other than Jorge Garcia (Hurley/Hugo) appeared in the question queue to ask Lindelof and Cuse a few of his own burning queries, including what happened to Shannon's inhalers in season one. But before he could find out the answer, Michael Emerson, who plays Ben, approached Garcia and chided him for wasting the fans' time. Garcia responded by suggesting Emerson was bitter that he didn't get the part of Hurley, and Lindelof and Cuse backed up Garcia's claim by running his audition footage.

Fans peppered the panelists with questions about the future of characters and storylines, and, among other revelations, they told the audience that Richard Alpert's (Nestor Carbonell) backstory would most likely be explored in season six. "You will be seeing a lot of Richard, and I think we will be incredibly remiss if we didn't give you Richard's backstory before the show ended," Cuse said. After another fan admitted that he cried "like a sissy" when Juliet fell down the well at the end of season five, Lindelof confirmed that actress Elizabeth Mitchell would appear in the final season, although he didn't say if that meant she was still alive in the current timeline. (Mitchell is also a regular on another new ABC series, V, which debuts in midseason right along with Lost.)

Otherwise, they said that the source of the food dropped on the island in earlier seasons "might be something [they] were going to try to deal with in the final season," and that the Dharma Initiative would not play as big a role in season six as in past seasons. But as the panel came to a close, Josh Holloway joined the stage, tasered Lindelof and took his and Cuse's keys to open the box containing that final scene. When Holloway had trouble reading it, Emerson took the pages, only to discover that they were actually from a script for Heroes. But as the presentation ended with an "In Memoriam" segment that recapped all of the cast members, big and small, who died during the show, Charlie himself, Dominic Monaghan, strode out on stage, proving, if nothing else, that Lost will live on in the hearts and minds of its fans even if it comes to an end on television.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how they are done with the time travel. I also like how they are going to give Richard's backstory.

How many episodes is the final season going to have?

I like how they are done with the time travel. I also like how they are going to give Richard's backstory. How many episodes is the final season going to have?
It was to be 17, but ABC approved an extra hour to play with a couple of months ago.

I like how they are done with the time travel. I also like how they are going to give Richard's backstory. How many episodes is the final season going to have?
It was to be 17, but ABC approved an extra hour to play with a couple of months ago.
17? What happened to the standard 22-24 episode seasons that we used to get?
What happened the last couple of seasons?

17? What happened to the standard 22-24 episode seasons that we used to get?
What happened the last couple of seasons?
The writers' strike, no?

The writers' strike, no?
No.
Well that's lame. Is it just Lost or are all shows doing reduced seasons now?
It was part of the deal the producers made to get ABC to allow Lost to end, instead of being milked dry in order to get it to drag on. Part of it was to just air in the Late Winter/Spring because the extended Christmas break hurt the story flow too much.Not every series is producing smaller season runs, but a lot are. Heroes and Chuck are two. Several Fox series also use this model.

The writers' strike, no?
No.
It was part of the deal the producers made to get ABC to allow Lost to end, instead of being milked dry in order to get it to drag on. Part of it was to just air in the Late Winter/Spring because the extended Christmas break hurt the story flow too much.Not every series is producing smaller season runs, but a lot are. Heroes and Chuck are two. Several Fox series also use this model.
I always thought that Season 4 was cut short two episodes due to the writers' strike and they were going to make those episodes up over the last two seasons. Maybe the writers felt they had enough time to get the story done in the allotted episodes left. I just hope it is a natural pace in Season 6 and isn't unnecessarily rushed in order to wrap things up. I still think at the end of season 6 I am going to be asking myself "That's it. So what the heck just happened and what was I watching the past six years?"

Looks like the vids of the Panel aren't online yet, probably have to wait a day for them. But I'm anxiously awaiting one of the initial presentations: Another writeup of the panel describes them:

Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof took the stage to a roaring Hall H moments ago, kicking off day 3 of SDCC.

The big news of the panel is that season six seems set to feature an alternate reality, based on three viral commericals.

The first was an ad for Oceanic Air that noted that the company was founded in 1979 (which, based on the '70s timeline from season five, should hit this year).

The next, far more revealing ad, was for "Mr. Cluck's Chicken", owned and operated by Hurley who "dreamed of a recipe for perfect chicken while on a trip to Australia". It would seem that, based on the events of the finale, we're now in an alternate reality.

The last video was a clip from an episode of "America's Most Wanted" focused on Kate Austen who, though she tried to kill her stepfather, killed a plumber named Ryan Milner by mistake.

After the video, Jorge Garcia made a surprise appearance, posing a fan asking a question. He demanded Damon and Lindelof explain what's going on, saying that, if everything is different in season six, does that mean the first five seasons have been a cheat? The pair said, "Jorge, you're just going to have to trust us."

"The last time I trusted you guys," he shot back, "you said that Nikki and Paulo were going to be awesome."

When Garcia tried to ask further questions, he was stopped by another surprise guest, Michael Emerson, who started an argument which, Garcia claimed, he was only doing because Emerson originally wanted the Hurley part. Then they screened a fake video featuring Emerson's original audition for the Hurley part.

Other tidbits included the revelation that both Jeremy Davies and Elizabeth Mitchell will be back for season six. The point was also made that the final season will be its own entity.

"The time travel season is over," said Cuse, "Flashforward season is over. You're going to see something different."

Other surprise guests included Nestor Carbonell and Josh Holloway, the latter of whom burst onto stage to steal the final scene of "Lost," allegedly locked in a box on-stage by Cuse and Lindelof but stole it only to reveal the gag that it was actually the final scene for "Heroes".

The panel ended with Dominic Monaghan taking the stage, but not joining the panel. It looks like Charlie is back!

The writers' strike, no?
No.
I always thought that Season 4 was cut short two episodes due to the writers' strike and they were going to make those episodes up over the last two seasons. Maybe the writers felt they had enough time to get the story done in the allotted episodes left. I just hope it is a natural pace in Season 6 and isn't unnecessarily rushed in order to wrap things up. I still think at the end of season 6 I am going to be asking myself "That's it. So what the heck just happened and what was I watching the past six years?"
It was cut short a bit, but it was still only supposed to be a 16 episode run that year. It ended up 13, and they added 1 each to the next two years to make up for it.

It was cut short a bit, but it was still only supposed to be a 16 episode run that year. It ended up 13, and they added 1 each to the next two years to make up for it.
:football: When they announced the end date (season 6), they said the last three seasons would be 16 episodes a piece and run 24-style with no stops/reruns. According to IMDB, season 4 (due to the strike) had 13 episodes, although the last one was 2 hours, season 5 was 16 episodes, again with a 2 hour finale. I think the season 5 finale was actually two parts, hence considered 17 episodes.According to an article I just read, season 6 is 18 hours with a 2 hour premiere and 2 hour finale, so 16 episodes/shows total. So in conclusion, they said there would be 48 episodes in seasons 4, 5, and 6, but that was really 48 hours. We will end up getting 49 hours and I hope we enjoy every last extra minute.Man, it is going to suck when this show ends.

Here's the entire panel minus the clips:

Part One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruNjVeEBA_I

Part Two:

:lmao: Interesting in that each clip appeared to try and confirm that the crash never happened. It will be interesting to see if those were real clues or intended to mislead based on the theories that the bomb going off stopped the "incident" from happening. I loved the Michael and Walt look alikes eating in Hurley's commercial.

I don't know what's going to be more difficult - the wait until Season 6 begins or the empty void on Wednesday night's after the show is over.

There was apparently an Oceanic Air billboard in Flash Forward last night, with the slogan "Perfect Safety Record". More fuel for the alternate timeline theory starting season 6.

Episode Titles for the first three of Season 6:

(Don't think these give enough info to warrant spoiler tags)

1 - LA X (yes, the space in intentional)

2 - What Kate Does

3 - The Substitute

I wish I hadn't of opened this thread and read it. My head is :mellow: from the Comic-con stuff.

I was kind of disappointed in the route they took with the time travel stuff last year (still really enjoyed the season though) so I hope there is a pretty good payoff. Nothing really seemed to be incorporated from last years Comic-Con into season 5 though, are these sometimes big red herrings?

The title of Episode 2 mirrors pretty obviously the 2nd season episode "What Kate Did."

I don't know what's going to be more difficult - the wait until Season 6 begins or the empty void on Wednesday night's after the show is over.
Well you know how Hollywood works. Season 6 may be the end of this series, but if they think there is a market for it, they may find ways to keep it alive. One way is to introduce new characters in season 6 that can carry the story in some spinoff, perhaps a new TV series or more likely a comic book series or something.

There was apparently an Oceanic Air billboard in Flash Forward last night, with the slogan "Perfect Safety Record". More fuel for the alternate timeline theory starting season 6.
That's effing sweet. Maybe the event that knocked everyone out is what triggered the LOST plane to crash. :rolleyes:

Giant Wooden Badger said:
That's effing sweet. Maybe the event that knocked everyone out is what triggered the LOST plane to crash. :mellow:
That just gave me the chills...that'd be pretty freaking sweet if they melded the two...maybe i need to start watching Flash Forward.

That's effing sweet. Maybe the event that knocked everyone out is what triggered the LOST plane to crash. :shrug:
That just gave me the chills...that'd be pretty freaking sweet if they melded the two...maybe i need to start watching Flash Forward.
not thinking that is possible considering the dates don't match up. LOST plane goes down in 2004 while the Flash Forward scenario plays out in 2009.

That's effing sweet. Maybe the event that knocked everyone out is what triggered the LOST plane to crash. :popcorn:
not thinking that is possible considering the dates don't match up. LOST plane goes down in 2004 while the Flash Forward scenario plays out in 2009.
Really? With all that time travel stuff last year you really think the years matter at this point?

Users who are viewing this thread