What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Lost Season 6 *** (2 Viewers)

Black Box said:
Sack-Religious said:
Some of the dialogue about the candidates in this episode and in previous ones got me to thinking.

The finality that Jacob and notLocke have been using when describing the candidates gives me the impression that this group is the absolute last chance for Jacob to prove MiB wrong. Does anyone else get that feeling?
Agreed.Also thinking the "Sideways Flashes as Wish Fulfillment" Theory took a bit of a hit last night as Sun-Jin's lives pretty much sucked.
Seems like all of the candidates on MIB's "team" on the island (Sayid, Jin, Locke to a degree) have somewhat sucky or at least compromised sideways destinies, while the ones on Jacob's "team" (Jack, Hurley) have turned out pretty good. Did Sawyer have his sideways-centric ep yet? Don't believe so.Speaking of which, is there still doubt that the "Kwon" name written in the cave is actually Jin and not Sun as regards to which one of them is the candidate? The sideways scene in the hotel lobby where Jin corrected Sun's last name as not being Kwon seemed to have clinched it.
I think Widmore's people kidnapping Jin leads us to believe it's him. I took Sun still having her maiden name in the flash sideways as just the two not being married in the flash sideways. Don't think that it has bearings on what's going on in "island time", but I could be wrong. Just how I took it. I think the kidnapping of Jin was far more important.
To me it means that Widmore and unLocke think Jin is the Kwon candidate. Sun and the group she's with think she is the candidate. I'm not sure which it is really.
umm...I don't think Widmore cares about the candidates... I think he wants to eliminate Smokey (and realizes that he can't let Smokey off the island), but I don't think he cares so much about the candidates...

umm...I don't think Widmore cares about the candidates... I think he wants to eliminate Smokey (and realizes that he can't let Smokey off the island), but I don't think he cares so much about the candidates...
I remember Widmore telling Jin he wants to keep Smokey on the island, don't remember him talking about killing him. Who knows if he even can? Maybe he does know the names of the candidates and keeping one of them from Smokey will keep him there. Then again, maybe not.

I remember Widmore telling Jin he wants to keep Smokey on the island, don't remember him talking about killing him. Who knows if he even can? Maybe he does know the names of the candidates and keeping one of them from Smokey will keep him there. Then again, maybe not.
my point was that there's no reason to assume that Widmore knows/cares about the candidates... all we know for sure is that he and Smokey aren't buddies and that Widmore doesn't want Smokey off the island...

While ABC has kept silent on the issue, according to media buyers, the network will be charging advertisers around $900,000 for 30-second ad spots during the Lost series finale episode. The rate still doesn't top the rate records set by the finales of mega-sitcoms Everybody Loves Raymond (2005), Seinfeld (1998), and Friends (2004), which commanded $1.3, $1.8 and $2.3 million for 30-second ad spots, respectively, or M*A*S*H, which in 1983 charged nearly $960,000 after adjustment for inflation.

Only baby conceived on the island.
that's not established at all is it?they were only on that island 100 days
Juliet took Sun to the Staff Hatch and did an ultrasound and confirmed that she conceived on the island.Sun was worried she got knocked up by her english teacher who may, or may not have, jumped to his death.
Sun was pregnant - and knew she was pregnant - when she got shot in the flash sideways. That was the day after they got off the plane. Therefore, she was pregnant before she got on the plane.

Juliet took Sun to the Staff Hatch and did an ultrasound and confirmed that she conceived on the island.Sun was worried she got knocked up by her english teacher who may, or may not have, jumped to his death.
i thought they just confirmed it was jin.. i guess i just don't remember.and at this point, i don't even know whether i should give a damn or not.

Sun was pregnant - and knew she was pregnant - when she got shot in the flash sideways. That was the day after they got off the plane. Therefore, she was pregnant before she got on the plane.
Just because she was pregnant pre-flight in the flash sideways doesn't mean she was pregnant pre-flight in the original reality.

Not necessarily. Jack didn't have a kid in the original timeline, but he would've had a kid when he landed in the new timeline. Good catch, though, I think it may be a hint in the direction you're interpreting it, but I just don't think it's a slam dunk.

I'm assuming by leave the Island, he means getting them all together in one place and killing them all.
I don't necessarily think so. From everything we've seen, he's been hell-bent on getting the hell off that island for damned near forever. Perhaps in using them to get off the island, they end up dying, but I think that's more of a means to an end for him rather than him actually wanting to kill them.
When MIB and Jacob had the cliffside discussion with wine bottle in hand and MIB told Jacob that someday he would kill him, Jacob said someone would just replace him, and MIB said, "then I'll kill him". This led me to believe that MIB does plan to kill all candidates. I still don't know what "go home" or "get off the island" mean to MIB.

Just because she was pregnant pre-flight in the flash sideways doesn't mean she was pregnant pre-flight in the original reality.
You just totally blew my mind. How's work? They killed Amun. My world is crumbling.

I'm assuming by leave the Island, he means getting them all together in one place and killing them all.
I don't necessarily think so. From everything we've seen, he's been hell-bent on getting the hell off that island for damned near forever. Perhaps in using them to get off the island, they end up dying, but I think that's more of a means to an end for him rather than him actually wanting to kill them.
When MIB and Jacob had the cliffside discussion with wine bottle in hand and MIB told Jacob that someday he would kill him, Jacob said someone would just replace him, and MIB said, "then I'll kill him". This led me to believe that MIB does plan to kill all candidates. I still don't know what "go home" or "get off the island" mean to MIB.
Right, but the rules say the MIB cannot kill the candidates

do they?Did you get a list of the rules that I have not yet?

But Widmore can.*(* conjecture on my part)

btw, there are six candidates left... who are they?

1. Jack

2. Hurley

3. Sun or Jin

4. Sawyer

5. Sayid (still? Really?)

who's #6? Locke? I know the MIB crossed Locke's name off in the cave... so was he #6? Or do we not know #6 yet?

Liked it. Wondering what Widmore is up to with the electromagnatism pockets and Desmond. Liked Widmore giving Jin the camera with pictures of his daughter. Liked the sideways story that they were together but not together and I am now leaning that them together make up one single candidate.

Some other smaller fun stuff I haven't seen anybody mention:

- if I heard Smokey right, Kate used to be a candidate but no longer is? Any more significance to that?

- I laughed when the chick told Widmore maybe he should have hired a mercenary to run the expedition and not a geologist. Obviously a nice parallel to the earlier expedition that Widmore sent.

- also laughed when Mikhail got his eye shot out.

Liked it. Wondering what Widmore is up to with the electromagnatism pockets and Desmond. Liked Widmore giving Jin the camera with pictures of his daughter. Liked the sideways story that they were together but not together and I am now leaning that them together make up one single candidate.Some other smaller fun stuff I haven't seen anybody mention:- if I heard Smokey right, Kate used to be a candidate but no longer is? Any more significance to that?- I laughed when the chick told Widmore maybe he should have hired a mercenary to run the expedition and not a geologist. Obviously a nice parallel to the earlier expedition that Widmore sent.- also laughed when Mikhail got his eye shot out.
These were all good. Hurley and Lapidus quipping about the unlikelihood of these things happening was also pretty funny.

Liked it. Wondering what Widmore is up to with the electromagnatism pockets and Desmond. Liked Widmore giving Jin the camera with pictures of his daughter. Liked the sideways story that they were together but not together and I am now leaning that them together make up one single candidate.Some other smaller fun stuff I haven't seen anybody mention:- if I heard Smokey right, Kate used to be a candidate but no longer is? Any more significance to that?- I laughed when the chick told Widmore maybe he should have hired a mercenary to run the expedition and not a geologist. Obviously a nice parallel to the earlier expedition that Widmore sent.- also laughed when Mikhail got his eye shot out.
These were all good. Hurley and Lapidus quipping about the unlikelihood of these things happening was also pretty funny.
Sawyer saying "THAT would be ridiculous" was pretty good too. Like the show making fun of itself a little bit.

do they?Did you get a list of the rules that I have not yet?
yes

btw, there are six candidates left... who are they?1. Jack2. Hurley3. Sun or Jin4. Sawyer5. Sayid (still? Really?)who's #6? Locke? I know the MIB crossed Locke's name off in the cave... so was he #6? Or do we not know #6 yet?
I think one candidate is still a mystery. Off the wall theory with no sort of evidence to back it up: Hurley replaces Jacob. Walt replaces MIB. Everyone else either leaves the island or dies. The show ends with Walt and Hurley sitting on the beach having the exact same conversation MIB and Jacob had. FADE OUT.

btw, there are six candidates left... who are they?1. Jack2. Hurley3. Sun or Jin4. Sawyer5. Sayid (still? Really?)who's #6? Locke? I know the MIB crossed Locke's name off in the cave... so was he #6? Or do we not know #6 yet?
I think one candidate is still a mystery. Off the wall theory with no sort of evidence to back it up: Hurley replaces Jacob. Walt replaces MIB. Everyone else either leaves the island or dies. The show ends with Walt and Hurley sitting on the beach having the exact same conversation MIB and Jacob had. FADE OUT.
Locke and Walt would be cooler and parallel the backgammon white/black thing that worked Season 1.But alas, Walt is likely a craptastic actor as a teen and just didn't cut the mustard.

do they?

Did you get a list of the rules that I have not yet?

yes

btw, spoiler. next week will feature a giant sphincter.

Locke and Walt would be cooler and parallel the backgammon white/black thing that worked Season 1.But alas, Walt is likely a craptastic actor as a teen and just didn't cut the mustard.
Which color was Walt playing with?They made such a big deal about Walt being special...I just have to think he fits in somewhere to all of this.

Which color was Walt playing with?They made such a big deal about Walt being special...I just have to think he fits in somewhere to all of this.
It's been like 5 years since he had any real role. I think the Walt ship sailed.

not sure.Really liking this angle, but wish they could flash forward 30 years. Hurley and Older Taller Walt (aka Wesley Snipes) on the beach. WaltSnipes: Do you have any idea how badly I want to kill you...again?Hurley: Yes.WaltSnipes: One of these days, sooner or later, I'm going to find another loophole, my fat friend.Hurley: Well, when you do, I'll be right here.WaltSnipes: Always Bet on Black!@~!@~

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been like 5 years since he had any real role. I think the Walt ship sailed.
:shrug: The show does this all the time. They hype something up, ignore it for three years and then boom it all comes back to somehow fit together.

btw, there are six candidates left... who are they?

1. Jack

2. Hurley

3. Sun or Jin

4. Sawyer

5. Sayid (still? Really?)

who's #6? Locke? I know the MIB crossed Locke's name off in the cave... so was he #6? Or do we not know #6 yet?
I think one candidate is still a mystery. Off the wall theory with no sort of evidence to back it up: Hurley replaces Jacob. Walt replaces MIB. Everyone else either leaves the island or dies. The show ends with Walt and Hurley sitting on the beach having the exact same conversation MIB and Jacob had.

FADE OUT.
not sure.Really liking this angle, but wish they could flash forward 30 years. Hurley and Older Taller Walt (aka Wesley Snipes) on the beach.

WaltSnipes: Do you have any idea how badly I want to kill you...again?

Hurley: Yes.

WaltSnipes: One of these days, sooner or later, I'm going to find another loophole, my fat friend.

Hurley: Well, when you do, I'll be right here.

WaltSnipes: Always Bet on Black!@~!@~
Walt looks like he's 36

What about NotLocke saying that he needed Sun to go of her free will, reminding me of the old Battlestar Galactica with the white superior beings and stating Count Iblis couldn't take a life that wasn't given to him freely? There seemed to be another NotLocke to the Devil comparison there.

with these stupid flash sideways, the island story just advances so slowly.... we get minutes of supposedly precious time left with stupid scenes with Jack at the tomato plants and sun having to write words to jack by the campfire.

it just sucks.

the story is spread so thin that no character has more than a few meaningful lines every few episodes.

whatever the actors are making per epidosde is definite overpayment relative to the actual work they have to do.

Sayid got paid for like 20 words last night. Kate for like 9. Claire for about 12.

This just seems really bad.

with these stupid flash sideways, the island story just advances so slowly.... we get minutes of supposedly precious time left with stupid scenes with Jack at the tomato plants and sun having to write words to jack by the campfire.it just sucks.the story is spread so thin that no character has more than a few meaningful lines every few episodes.whatever the actors are making per epidosde is definite overpayment relative to the actual work they have to do.Sayid got paid for like 20 words last night. Kate for like 9. Claire for about 12.This just seems really bad.
How do you propose to give 8 different characters multiple meaningful lines in 42 minutes?

with these stupid flash sideways, the island story just advances so slowly.... we get minutes of supposedly precious time left with stupid scenes with Jack at the tomato plants and sun having to write words to jack by the campfire.

it just sucks.

the story is spread so thin that no character has more than a few meaningful lines every few episodes.

whatever the actors are making per epidosde is definite overpayment relative to the actual work they have to do.

Sayid got paid for like 20 words last night. Kate for like 9. Claire for about 12.

This just seems really bad.
That's pretty much what they've always done. But I guess it's acceptable when people think they are developing characters and not wasting time. :wall:

I still dont get why they are holding out Fake Locke's name so much. its gotta be something shocking. Esau doesnt exactly shock anyone cuz I doubt half the people even know the story about Esau and Jacob. I know I didnt.

Maybe that welcher, Hurley, will pay off his $20,000 bet to Walt in that beach scene.

What about NotLocke saying that he needed Sun to go of her free will, reminding me of the old Battlestar Galactica with the white superior beings and stating Count Iblis couldn't take a life that wasn't given to him freely? There seemed to be another NotLocke to the Devil comparison there.
You know what's sad? I know exactly whay you're talking about. :kicksrock:

Great episode.And yes...more questions!Why can't Smokey just leave now that Jacob is dead?If it is the presence of a new guardian, why not just kill the 6 remaining Candidates?One theory, is that he needs to be released by the the Island's protector. He is slowly getting all of them on his side, hoping to get the Candidate to agree to free him. That would narrow the replacement to Hurley, Jack or Sun. This could be why the Un-named Child told him "You can't kill him".
I think this theory still holds water. MIB knew that Jacob would never release him, so he had to kill him and get the replacement, whoever that is, to agree to release him. The last test of humanity. Do what is right and sacrifice yourself to stay on the island, or go home. I like the idea of the Kwons as a duo candidate. I still think it has to be Jack though.

Great episode.And yes...more questions!Why can't Smokey just leave now that Jacob is dead?If it is the presence of a new guardian, why not just kill the 6 remaining Candidates?One theory, is that he needs to be released by the the Island's protector. He is slowly getting all of them on his side, hoping to get the Candidate to agree to free him. That would narrow the replacement to Hurley, Jack or Sun. This could be why the Un-named Child told him "You can't kill him".
I think this theory still holds water. MIB knew that Jacob would never release him, so he had to kill him and get the replacement, whoever that is, to agree to release him. The last test of humanity. Do what is right and sacrifice yourself to stay on the island, or go home. I like the idea of the Kwons as a duo candidate. I still think it has to be Jack though.
I like this too, but he doesn't know which candidate is the one, so he needs all of them to leave with him.

Help me out - why did Locke protect Kate from Claire? I thought he only needed the candidates....and he said kate wasn;t a candidate.

Help me out - why did Locke protect Kate from Claire? I thought he only needed the candidates....and he said kate wasn;t a candidate.
Did you miss the part when Claire basically asked him this same thing and he said because she could help get the candidates on the plane?

Users who are viewing this thread