What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vick, Owens, McMichael or Ray Lewis at their peak (1 Viewer)

Who would you want least?

• Michael Vick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Terrell Owens

• Randy McMichael

• Ray Lewis

• Total voters

bostonfred

Footballguy
Imagine you're watching ESPN or another sports channel in a bar or restaurant somewhere, when they post pictures of these four guys. Then they show the logo of your team and say, guess which one of these guys just became a Patriot (or Colt, or Lion, etc. - whatever team you root for)? We'll tell you after this commercial break.

During those couple minutes, you stop to think about who you're rooting for it to be. From best to worst, who would it be?

Ray Lewis is the obvious #1.

At their respective peaks, Vick/Owens depends entirely on who your QB is.

Why is Randy McMichael even in this discussion?

I'd take Randy McMichael first. Having a mediocre TE is the key to building a successful franchise.

I know McMichael seems out of place, but the idea that at least a third of the voters so far would take McMichael over Vick is pretty crazy. McMichael admitted to pushing his pregnant wife to the ground during a domestic violence dispute. She claimed that he hit her repeatedly, but charges were later dropped.

As many people have pointed out, we're talking about a "mediocre TE" vs a franchise QB at his peak. So it's pretty much an indictment of what Vick did as being worse than what McMichael did.

Or, maybe people forgot about McMichael, because his case didn't make a huge splash. People still cheered for Jason Kidd, after all.

And if I'd replaced McMichael with, say, Jim Brown, who threatened to kill his wife and vandalized her car, then we'd probably see a landslide.

What Vick did is wrong and disgusting. And I don't know how to compare killing many dogs to domestic violence, or risking the life of his unborn child. But the results of this poll are pretty telling, at least to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I only clicked on this thread to see if there was another McMichael I was omiting, aparantly not. Hell, I'm a UGA fan, and I can't figure this one out...yes, he went to UGA, no need to look it up.

Users who are viewing this thread