What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2009 Anarchy League 2 Thread (2 Viewers)

Bia's usually quick, something must've come up

it'd be sweet if nittany and duckboy could predraft. We'd make up time in a hurry that way.

It's half a round a way from me so I'm kinda thinking it's too far to predraft but, I might too.

It'll give everyone something to do while Bia's busy anyhow

I'm still here through the day; will go offline about 8:00 PM Pacific. I'll do what pre-drafting I can.

Sorry about the delay guys. I got lucky last night and she makes an excellent brunch.

I will hopefully never see Babylon again. Finished with that nonsense.

Interesting (to me) note: I hadn't gotten DD set up yet this year, so I drafted the first four rounds without it. Now I set it up and put in the draft so far, and I managed to pick my top player by VBD in all four rounds.Looking at the draft so far, biggest surprise is Clinton Portis at 3.03. Chris Johnson? Steve Slaton??
:confused:Portis finished 1 point behind Slaton last year and about 15 points ahead of Johnson. I have more confidence Portis can repeat than the other two... in fact, I think Portis can improve. I think the Redskins offense should be a bit better in their second year under Zorn, and their defense should also be better, which could result in more running opportunities. Portis could easily get more than the 36 red zone carries he had last season. I also doubt either Houston or Tennessee will make the playoffs this year, so I don't think I sacrificed playoff points. I went with what I felt was the safer pick.
You misunderstand me; I think it's insane that Chris Johnson and Steve Slaton went before Clinton Portis.
LOL. :bag:I wasn't planning to go RB, so I didn't really pay attention to what RBs were gone at that point, just who was available. And I just knew that I had Portis ranked highest of those available, so I misinterpreted your question and assumed I had passed on them for Portis. Which I would have done if they were available.Glad you think I got a good value there. :)
Well it is no secret how much I think of Portis. And I almost took him in the 2nd round instead of Welker.Scoring system and playoff potential is the only reason I went Welker. Portis would have been my pick there if not for the playoffs angle (something I doubt DD mock drafts ect. are factoring in).I probably would have taken DeAngelo Williams over Portis however. This was not an easy choice. I like all 3 of them A LOT. Playoffs and PPR was the tie breaker.I agree that the Skins defense should be improved and that will certainly help Portis. The offensive line is what concerns me. Not sure about the RT situation. This has been an issue however for the last 3 years as well. So no real reason for downgrading Portis.I definitly agree with Calbear on Portis > Chris Johnson or Slaton. If this were dynasty there might be something to argue about (I still favor Portis who will turn 28 after the season begins). But this isn't.As far as that goes I have Portis ahead of Turner, Gore, Forte and Steven Jackson as well. But I am kinda crazy like that.Ya I would say u got decent value with him...

Interesting (to me) note: I hadn't gotten DD set up yet this year, so I drafted the first four rounds without it. Now I set it up and put in the draft so far, and I managed to pick my top player by VBD in all four rounds.Looking at the draft so far, biggest surprise is Clinton Portis at 3.03. Chris Johnson? Steve Slaton??
:shrug:Portis finished 1 point behind Slaton last year and about 15 points ahead of Johnson. I have more confidence Portis can repeat than the other two... in fact, I think Portis can improve. I think the Redskins offense should be a bit better in their second year under Zorn, and their defense should also be better, which could result in more running opportunities. Portis could easily get more than the 36 red zone carries he had last season. I also doubt either Houston or Tennessee will make the playoffs this year, so I don't think I sacrificed playoff points. I went with what I felt was the safer pick.
You misunderstand me; I think it's insane that Chris Johnson and Steve Slaton went before Clinton Portis.
LOL. :bag:I wasn't planning to go RB, so I didn't really pay attention to what RBs were gone at that point, just who was available. And I just knew that I had Portis ranked highest of those available, so I misinterpreted your question and assumed I had passed on them for Portis. Which I would have done if they were available.Glad you think I got a good value there. :)
Well it is no secret how much I think of Portis. And I almost took him in the 2nd round instead of Welker.Scoring system and playoff potential is the only reason I went Welker. Portis would have been my pick there if not for the playoffs angle (something I doubt DD mock drafts ect. are factoring in).I probably would have taken DeAngelo Williams over Portis however. This was not an easy choice. I like all 3 of them A LOT. Playoffs and PPR was the tie breaker.I agree that the Skins defense should be improved and that will certainly help Portis. The offensive line is what concerns me. Not sure about the RT situation. This has been an issue however for the last 3 years as well. So no real reason for downgrading Portis.I definitly agree with Calbear on Portis > Chris Johnson or Slaton. If this were dynasty there might be something to argue about (I still favor Portis who will turn 28 after the season begins). But this isn't.As far as that goes I have Portis ahead of Turner, Gore, Forte and Steven Jackson as well. But I am kinda crazy like that.Ya I would say u got decent value with him...
:confused:

Guys I am going out for awhile and I won't be back until this evening.

Too many picks away for me to predraft right now. If I were drafting on the ends instead of the middle predraft would be a lot easier.

So don't get all ur panties up in a bunch if you have to wait a few hours for me to get back and make my pick.

TIA

Hey, not sure if I'm up to draft, but I'm having trouble accessing the site. I can PM but looks like the MFL server is down.

Guys, I'm leaving in a few minutes to drive to D.C., and I'll be there in a business conference until Friday afternoon, when I'll be driving back. I'll attempt to predraft wherever possible. I'm not doing it right now because it's still about 20 picks before it gets back to me, plus the site is currently unavailable.

I don't know yet how often I will have internet access, though I do have a sprint modem for my laptop, so hopefully there won't be any issues.

Please provide some notice before engaging the timer, if that's going to be done this week. Thanks.

Guys, I'm leaving in a few minutes to drive to D.C., and I'll be there in a business conference until Friday afternoon, when I'll be driving back. I'll attempt to predraft wherever possible. I'm not doing it right now because it's still about 20 picks before it gets back to me, plus the site is currently unavailable.I don't know yet how often I will have internet access, though I do have a sprint modem for my laptop, so hopefully there won't be any issues.Please provide some notice before engaging the timer, if that's going to be done this week. Thanks.
If you PM me your cell number I can always text you for reminders and/or picks.

Pick 9.11:Duckboy selected McMichael, Randy STL TE
Anyone know a good recipe for serving Duck? :nerd:
I was gonna snarf McMichael if Duckboy didn't. Risk/reward pick.
Yeah I had him in this league last year I think. He was ok. Nothing great. But things could go better for him this year.I will have to find another answer now. Hmm.ETA- I was looking at him the same time as I took Burelson. Opted for Burleson instead. Not completely confident in either pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the halfway point . . .

1.01 Peterson, Adrian MIN RB1

4.16 Thomas, Pierre NOS RB18

8.16 Graham, Earnest TBB RB40

Didn't really want ADP in this format as I don't really believe he is worth the #1 pick. Thomas is growing on me and Graham was solid before he got hurt. I'm not really sure Ward is a workhorse back, so Graham should still see some looks, it's how many that's the question. Playoff chances aren't great for these guys.

2.16 Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR11

5.01 Bryant, Antonio TBB WR27

7.01 Walter, Kevin HOU WR37

9.01 Muhammad, Muhsin CAR WR47

I'm not sold on Bowe, but he should catch a lot of passes. Bryant could rank anywhere from 10 to 40. The other two are steady eddies but not awe inspiring. Playoff chances for these guys aren't great either

3.01 Olsen, Greg CHI TE8

6.16 Scaife, Bo TEN TE16

Both these guys could do a lot better than where they were drafted. A lot of people think Olsen will be Top 5 this year and with potential playoff points that could happen.

I don't dislike these guys but obviously I need QBs. I think most of them will rank better than where they were drafted (well, except for ADP). Not great but not terrible either.

Following David's lead....

Cardinals, Arizona ARI TMQB - 4 2.01

Saints, New Orleans NOS TMQB - 5 1.16

Well the top and fourth highest scorer from last year should not only have me set at QB but these two might cover some deficiencies when other players have a poor week.

Hightower, Tim ARI RB - 4 10.01

Smith, Kevin DET RB - 7 3.16

Taylor, Fred NEP RB - 8 8.01

Wells, Chris ARI RB - 4 6.01

I think the Arizona RB duo could be a gem in these survivor type formats where everyone plays. If Wells gets hurt or loses goalline work, I have the guy picking it up. Edge was atrocious last year and clearly Wells is the start of Whisenhunt instilling a much better run game than dead last. I'm not concerned that they were 32nd ranked run team last year.

Also at this point I have 3 guys from the third highest scoring O in 2008.

I like Smith and think Schwarz will run him into the ground. Fisher's teams run alot.

Taylor will hopefully find the fountain of youth in New England.

Crabtree, Michael SFO WR - 6 7.16

Williams, Roy DAL WR - 6 4.01

I'm lacking WRs and clearly I'll have to get rolling in the second half. While the top 30 WRs are special, only 62 points separated the WRs from 31-60 so I think it's less of a deficiency than it seems.

Scheffler, Tony DEN TE - 7 5.16

He's awesome and then gets hurt. His health will probably determine his production moreso than new QB or new scheme.

Patriots, New England NEP Def - 8 9.16

wanted a top 5 D with playoff likely so, I feel like I hit on this pick. It's "just a D" but...

I think you guys are a little early on the team assessments. But thanks for posting em anyways. Nice to read.

I think Anarchy has better playoff potential from his RB than he gives himself credit for. Both the Vikings and Saints are contenders imo.

I have predrafted but I am 15 picks away and did not enter enough picks to cover that many. Knowing you guys the picks I entered probably will be gone. Too tired atm however to reasonably fill out the rest of them. So if this causes a delay I am sorry. Just pulled an all nighter here talking to a friend in Australia. I'm bushed.

Laurent was a mistake but I was looking thinking what starters are left and....that'll work

Snagging McClain and McGahee is a quagmire I didn't want to become a part of, but the value was there and I had to take it. Heck, there are still a bunch of people I want, but have to wait forever until it's my turn again! :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread