What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2009 Anarchy League 2 Thread (1 Viewer)

Notable undrafted players, based on DD projections:

Jerome Harrison is the highest projected undrafted RB, and is projected higher than 14 RBs who were drafted.
Toomer is the highest projected undrafted WR, and is projected higher than 14 WRs who were drafted.
David Martin is the highest projected undrafted TE, and is projected higher than 5 TEs who were drafted.
No one took a kicker from KC or Seattle. DD shows those players as Mare and Succop, who are projected to score 101.8 and 93.9 points, respectively. Meanwhile Carney and Bryant were drafted and are projected at 0 points.
Updating this based on latest projections:
Edge is the highest projected undrafted RB, and is projected higher than 18 RBs who were drafted.
Williamson is the highest projected undrafted WR, and is projected higher than 29 WRs who were drafted.
Gary Barnidge of Carolina (who?) is the highest projected undrafted TE, and is projected higher than 6 TEs who were drafted.
No one took the KC or Seattle kickers, Mare and Succop. This one didn't change.
that first post is meh nowToomer cut, Martin on IR, Carney playing at least 4 for Saints, Davis ahead of Harrison....

Notable undrafted players, based on DD projections:

Jerome Harrison is the highest projected undrafted RB, and is projected higher than 14 RBs who were drafted.

Toomer is the highest projected undrafted WR, and is projected higher than 14 WRs who were drafted.
David Martin is the highest projected undrafted TE, and is projected higher than 5 TEs who were drafted.
No one took a kicker from KC or Seattle. DD shows those players as Mare and Succop, who are projected to score 101.8 and 93.9 points, respectively. Meanwhile Carney and Bryant were drafted and are projected at 0 points.
Updating this based on latest projections:
Edge is the highest projected undrafted RB, and is projected higher than 18 RBs who were drafted.
Williamson is the highest projected undrafted WR, and is projected higher than 29 WRs who were drafted.
Gary Barnidge of Carolina (who?) is the highest projected undrafted TE, and is projected higher than 6 TEs who were drafted.
No one took the KC or Seattle kickers, Mare and Succop. This one didn't change.
that first post is meh nowToomer cut, Martin on IR, Carney playing at least 4 for Saints, Davis ahead of Harrison....
Right. Hence the update...

looking at this draft again, I like the 2 QBs early alot. I am confident that could be real successful. I don't think I did well in the rest of the draft so...it kinda kills the whole idea. I do very much think it would work

looking at this draft again, I like the 2 QBs early alot. I am confident that could be real successful. I don't think I did well in the rest of the draft so...it kinda kills the whole idea. I do very much think it would work
There It Is won last year with the #12 and #15 QBs. Fiddles crushed everyone the year before that with Kyle Boller and Trent Green. Construxboy had the #12 and #32 QBs (Andrew Walter!) when he won it.QBs are simply not that important in this format. The reason for that is that TMQB reduces the risk for all QBs, but it reduces the risk for low-ranked QBs more than it does for high-ranked QBs. You get no upside on Manning as a TMQB, but you get plenty of upside with Hasselbeck as a TMQB--and TMQB cuts most of the downside out of both of them.

There It Is won last year with the #12 and #15 QBs. Fiddles crushed everyone the year before that with Kyle Boller and Trent Green. Construxboy had the #12 and #32 QBs (Andrew Walter!) when he won it.QBs are simply not that important in this format. The reason for that is that TMQB reduces the risk for all QBs, but it reduces the risk for low-ranked QBs more than it does for high-ranked QBs. You get no upside on Manning as a TMQB, but you get plenty of upside with Hasselbeck as a TMQB--and TMQB cuts most of the downside out of both of them.
highest scoring position, by far, is not that important...cmon

highest scoring position, by far, is not that important...cmon
If everyone scores highly, it's not important; that's why your fourth WR is more important than your K and your D. Think about a scoring system where positions other than QB have normal fantasy scoring, but QBs only score points one way; they get 1000 points if they throw for over 100 yards. The position becomes irrelevant, because everyone gets the score.In this format, the difference between QBs is lessened, so their value is reduced.

wrong here man

Warner to 16th best QB(last starter?) is 200 point differential or Warner about doubled his points.

Every QB doesn't do that well

wrong here manWarner to 16th best QB(last starter?) is 200 point differential or Warner about doubled his points.Every QB doesn't do that well
Did you notice that Larry Fitzgerald outscored the #40 WR (median starter) by 280 points (nearly tripling his score), and Gonzo also outscored the #16 TE by over 200 points (well more than doubling)? Those differences are understated, because there are also 16 flex players.

wrong here manWarner to 16th best QB(last starter?) is 200 point differential or Warner about doubled his points.Every QB doesn't do that well
Did you notice that Larry Fitzgerald outscored the #40 WR (median starter) by 280 points (nearly tripling his score), and Gonzo also outscored the #16 TE by over 200 points (well more than doubling)? Those differences are understated, because there are also 16 flex players.
And furthermore: Because TMQB reduces the downside risk of low picks, particularly those in questionable situations (like Warner), it's easier to get those players late in the draft. The Arizona TMQB was #13 off the board, at 4.11. The best you could have reasonably done going QB-QB was to take Manning early in the 1st, followed by McNabb. (In reality, Cincinatti, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh were taken before Philadelphia TMQB). IND/PHI combo got you almost exactly 700 points. If you waited until your last two picks in the draft, you would have wound up with Chicago and Atlanta, who still combined for over 500 points. And the two picks before those were Miami and Baltimore, who had over 520 points.If you can realistically get 250 points in the 18th round, it's really not important to get 350 points in the first round.Comparison to the last 4 chosen at WR/TE:WR: A.Bryant, Jacoby Jones, Josh Reed, Andre Davis. One hit, three misses (outside the top 50).TE: A.Smith, R.Royal, C.Baker, M.Pollard. Best was #30.

Last edited by a moderator:
;)Also note that the Cards Team QB got 108 of its 458 points last year in their 4 playoff games. There is no guarantee they will even make the playoffs, much less play 4 playoff games again. That could drop the Cards Team QB scoring advantage more in line with Bri's other Team QB, the Saints... which last year scored about 114 points more than the 16th Team QB.

:goodposting:Also note that the Cards Team QB got 108 of its 458 points last year in their 4 playoff games. There is no guarantee they will even make the playoffs, much less play 4 playoff games again. That could drop the Cards Team QB scoring advantage more in line with Bri's other Team QB, the Saints... which last year scored about 114 points more than the 16th Team QB.
Enough with the education guys. These leagues have been like taking candy from a baby.

:goodposting:Also note that the Cards Team QB got 108 of its 458 points last year in their 4 playoff games. There is no guarantee they will even make the playoffs, much less play 4 playoff games again. That could drop the Cards Team QB scoring advantage more in line with Bri's other Team QB, the Saints... which last year scored about 114 points more than the 16th Team QB.
Enough with the education guys. These leagues have been like taking candy from a baby.
See where was this arrogant fun banter during this draft? I missed that.CalBear,Brees had 48 points today. It would take 4 of your players to equal that score

Last edited by a moderator:
See where was this arrogant fun banter during this draft? I missed that.CalBear,Brees had 48 points today. It would take 4 of your players to equal that score
Cherry picking. Warner had 13.12 points and was outscored by Brady Quinn on my team, taken in the 14th round, not to mention Sanchez, taken in the 18th round. Manning had 15.64 points. For that matter, your team is only 4 points ahead of mine and I should outscore you tonight--despite your first-round pick having the best game he'll have all season.

11.09 169. Watson, Ben NEP TE Wed - So I hear you guys talking about Baker. I might have really messed this one up. If he can even split time and get 30 catches I will be happy though. Playoffs a near lock. Not that it will help if he isn't starting.
Even when Watson was starting he only had 30 receptions twice in 5 seasons.
Yeah this might be my biggest mistake made.
Or not.

11.09 169. Watson, Ben NEP TE Wed - So I hear you guys talking about Baker. I might have really messed this one up. If he can even split time and get 30 catches I will be happy though. Playoffs a near lock. Not that it will help if he isn't starting.
Or not.
There was an article written after the game that pretty much focused on how Watson was left for dead and how he was one of the to make the roster. It definitely sounded even DURING THE GAME that they weren't counting on much from Watson and suddenly that all turned around. it should be interesting what happens heading forward. Galloway literally did nothing tonight (and I don't think TB trusts him to be in the right spot yet).

Cherry picking. Warner had 13.12 points and was outscored by Brady Quinn on my team, taken in the 14th round, not to mention Sanchez, taken in the 18th round. Manning had 15.64 points. For that matter, your team is only 4 points ahead of mine and I should outscore you tonight--despite your first-round pick having the best game he'll have all season.
yeah I am cherry picking. I had said that I liked the theory but drafted poorly after them and that would do me in here. That sorta sets up the cherry picking.

A lot happens from the end of the draft until the end of the season, so it's hard to be uber critical or positive on how teams look and/or fare.

I'm currently in the cellar here, but my team has taken the brunt of unfavorable outcomes. Pierre Thomas got hurt and likely won't have the chance to do what many thought he would. Kevin Walters got hurt and didn't play last week. Devin Thomas got demoted behind Kelly and even Randle El. Garrett Hartley got suspended. Earnest Graham went from being a potential equal contributor in a RBBC to a complete afterthought.

Those situations at this point don't look like they will turn out good for my squad, but as we've seen over the years a lot can change . . .

A lot happens from the end of the draft until the end of the season, so it's hard to be uber critical or positive on how teams look and/or fare.

I'm currently in the cellar here, but my team has taken the brunt of unfavorable outcomes. Pierre Thomas got hurt and likely won't have the chance to do what many thought he would. Kevin Walters got hurt and didn't play last week. Devin Thomas got demoted behind Kelly and even Randle El. Garrett Hartley got suspended. Earnest Graham went from being a potential equal contributor in a RBBC to a complete afterthought.

Those situations at this point don't look like they will turn out good for my squad, but as we've seen over the years a lot can change . . .
Hope that something can change because my team sure looks poor at this point. I think a top ten finish is too much for me to even hope for.

A lot happens from the end of the draft until the end of the season, so it's hard to be uber critical or positive on how teams look and/or fare.I'm currently in the cellar here, but my team has taken the brunt of unfavorable outcomes. Pierre Thomas got hurt and likely won't have the chance to do what many thought he would. Kevin Walters got hurt and didn't play last week. Devin Thomas got demoted behind Kelly and even Randle El. Garrett Hartley got suspended. Earnest Graham went from being a potential equal contributor in a RBBC to a complete afterthought.Those situations at this point don't look like they will turn out good for my squad, but as we've seen over the years a lot can change . . .
1. Thomas fell into the job so it wasn't much of a reach to expect change. Even if the job is his, you still have R. Bush around. Too much uncertainly for my tastes, which is why neither Thomas or Bush ended up on any of my numerous teams.2. It was known that the Redskin WR situation was up in the air. Even if it was resolved, how much upside is there based on history. You can only be a little more dispointed than I am in having Forestt as a RB.3. You should be OK with Hartley, but that was bum luck.4. Caddy didn't exactly appear out of nowhere. Once the back gets sore you'll get you Graham production.

Or not.
There was an article written after the game that pretty much focused on how Watson was left for dead and how he was one of the to make the roster. It definitely sounded even DURING THE GAME that they weren't counting on much from Watson and suddenly that all turned around. it should be interesting what happens heading forward. Galloway literally did nothing tonight (and I don't think TB trusts him to be in the right spot yet).
Well I already lost Andre Brown who I thought would be a factor for the Giants and I think I have one other guy putting up zeros for me every week also.Suprised by Watsons performance. Interesting that you think he is getting the WR3 looks.. or at least he did in 1st game.

At the quartermark of the regular season now:

There It Is 771.02 192.8

Duckboy 755.94 189.0

Biabreakable 746.10 186.5

Old Milwaukee 740.64 185.2

Fiddles 716.10 179.0

radballs 716.04 179.0

Jiggyonthehut 705.96 176.5

Sinrman 700.54 175.1

nittanylion 691.54 172.9

Captain Hook 670.28 167.6

rzrback77 630.52 157.6

CalBear 597.04 149.3

Pimpin' Ain't Easy 591.96 148.0

Just Win Baby 567.16 141.8

Anarchy99 524.96 131.2

Bri 510.62 127.7

I have had some zeros due to injuries but now I am getting Welker back hopefully.

At the conclusion of the regular season

Franchise PF Avg PF

There It Is 2993.20 176.1

rzrback77 2983.38 175.5

Jiggyonthehut 2946.40 173.3

radballs 2934.58 172.6

Fiddles 2881.04 169.5

Duckboy 2838.68 167.0

Old Milwaukee 2830.34 166.5

Biabreakable 2720.86 160.1

Just Win Baby 2623.54 154.3

Sinrman 2601.98 153.1

nittanylion 2576.60 151.6

Bri 2443.74 143.7

CalBear 2436.34 143.3

Captain Hook 2415.68 142.1

Anarchy99 2376.98 139.8

Pimpin' Ain't Easy 2364.90 139.1

Sure wish that the Texans would have made the playoffs.

At the conclusion of the regular seasonFranchise PF Avg PF There It Is 2993.20 176.1 rzrback77 2983.38 175.5 Jiggyonthehut 2946.40 173.3 radballs 2934.58 172.6 Fiddles 2881.04 169.5 Duckboy 2838.68 167.0 Old Milwaukee 2830.34 166.5 Biabreakable 2720.86 160.1 Just Win Baby 2623.54 154.3 Sinrman 2601.98 153.1 nittanylion 2576.60 151.6 Bri 2443.74 143.7 CalBear 2436.34 143.3 Captain Hook 2415.68 142.1 Anarchy99 2376.98 139.8 Pimpin' Ain't Easy 2364.90 139.1 Sure wish that the Texans would have made the playoffs.
You are looking real good rzrback.I have 4 players going today and looks like only 1 is going on.Nice job!

Momentum swung back to There It Is last weekend, as he leads by a little more than a dozen. He has two Saints WRs remaining, Meachem and D Henserson. My squad is reduced down to two Vikings, Schiancoe and Harvin. Big game this weekend as one of us will lose the remaining players.

Also note that one more squad (maybe Jiggy) still has Favre and Colston and is making a push to climb back into contention.

thought i could jump up from 4th place at the start of the playoffs with

miles austin, rogers, driver, dallas clark but the wrong teams won

now im in 4th with just clark

damn

Congrats There It Is........

Needed the Vikes to top the Saints for a chance to catch you, but was not to be. Best ever finish for me in what I think is one of the most challenging pre-season drafts of all.

Thanks David for running these!

Here's my own analysis: I should have time to do a team by team analysis this year.
Time for the annual Dead Wrong In Public post-season analysis, examining where poor assumptions, poor decisions, or sheer bad luck contributed to the team's underperformance.

1.13 Ladanian Tomlinson, RB SDC

My second choice was Calvin Johnson, but I'm very glad not to take a Detroit player in the first round.

Tomlinson ended as the RB21, #121 overall. Calvin Johnson was WR23, #79 overall; the difference was 47 points. Not a complete bust, and partly caused by injury (predictable? I didn't think so), but clearly could have done better here. Best plausible pick would have been Dallas Clark, who ended as #4 overall, but I think it's very unlikely I would have made that choice (and Clark wouldn't have done that well if Anthony Gonzalez stayed healthy).

2.04 Steve Smith, WR CAR

More QB love let a nice WR fall to me. If Smith manages to avoid punching out teammates and/or opponents, he should be back in the top 5. I have Smith as the end of the top WR tier; the only other player I seriously considered was Kellen Winslow Jr., but with the change of teams I think he's too risky here.

Phew, Jake Delhomme, man. I think this was a reasonable pick where the circumstances just wound up blowing. Smith did finish as WR22, #77 overall, so again, not a complete bust, but for two picks where I needed anchors for my team, I got role players. The TE choice again would have been better; Winslow was #32 overall and outscored Smith by 64 points.

3.13 Braylon Edwards, WR CLE

We're now well into the "WRs With Issues" phase of the draft.

One of the things I try to do in a league like this is create a narrative. To win in a 16-team all-play league, you need a lot of things to go right, so I build up a story about a particular team's situation, and base some of my draft decisions on that story. If the story works out like you expected, you get hits on a number of picks.

One story this year was that Cleveland would have an offensive resurgence, with one of the QBs being effective, and Edwards being the main beneficiary. Ouch. Edwards sucked, got traded, and continued to suck, finishing as WR36, #115 overall. The one thing that bailed him out is that the Jets are way better than the Browns, and made a playoff run; he got 27 bonus points in the playoffs or he would have been down in Dwayne Bowe territory. Decent plausible picks here were Fiddles' next two; Ronnie Brown (great until he was injured) or Green Bay TMQB, although no one in this segment of the draft really tore it up.

4.04 Desean Jackson, WR PHI (Go Bears!)

Other possibilities were Hines Ward and Zach Miller.

Go Bears! My first good pick, Jackson finished as WR11, #40 overall. Solid value at this point, and much better than Ward or Miller.

5.13 Marshawn Lynch, RB BUF (Go Bears!)

I have Lynch (and Thomas Jones) at the top of VBD at this point...

Homer pick? I thought it was reasonable to expect that, even missing 3 games, Lynch would see as many touches on the year as 31-year-old Thomas Jones with Leon Washington behind him. Didn't turn out that was as Lynch finished #269 overall, 170 points behind Thomas Jones.

6.04 Bernard Berrian, WR MIN

Sitting on the top of my VBD board was Thomas Jones, but I just couldn't pull the trigger on him. I really don't think he's that talented, he's 31, he has no QB, and he has two players pushing him for playing time. I may need to tweak projections on him to reflect my personal opinions. There are still a good number of Thomas Jones-level RBs out there; Ray Rice, Cedric Benson, Willie Parker, and Jamal Lewis.

Second chance at Jones, and here I really whiffed on it. I usually look for older vets who can still contribute, but this year I chose the wrong one at RB (Tomlinson over Jones). Berrian was part of the "Vikings passing game will be good" narrative, which turned out to be true, but injuries and competition kept his numbers down. He finished as WR37, #116 overall, 104 points behind T.Jones. The good picks at these two spots would have been Driver and T.Jones.

7.13 Anthony Fasano, TE MIA

I coincidentally had two Miami receivers, Ginn and Fasano at the top of my pre-draft list; Ginn went the pick before me, so I'm now on the board with a TE.

TE20 off the board, he finished as TE26, so not a terrible pick, but not helping me recover from earlier misses. One of my other narratives was that the Miami passing game would improve from last year. (Oops). I was hoping Todd Heap would make it back to me, which didn't work out; I should have just taken him here. Heap outscored Fasano by 106 points.

8.04 Chris Henry, WR CIN

Some people I know have a "no buttheads" rule. I don't. Chris Henry is a butthead. But with Palmer healthy, Housh gone, and Ochocino having his own butthead factor, Henry has some real potential to get a lot of targets in what should be a pretty good offense....RBs I'm interested in are Norwood, Chester Taylor, and possibly Tim Hightower depending on how serious the Beanie Wells injury is. (I hate Hightower, think he has no talent, but he may get another opportunity to start if Wells is out). I have Randy McMichael as my top TE.

Maybe I should have a no buttheads rule. A tragic end in the Shakespearian meaning of that term.

9.13 Miami TMQB

I like the pairing with Fasano; higher-variance picks are the way to go in this format. None of the RBs I mentioned have been taken, so I'm expecting to get one of them in the early 10th. I have them ranked Washington, Norwood, then Taylor.

So, the story was that the Miami passing game, which finished in the middle of the pack in 2008 (Pennington's first with the team), would perform at that level or better in 2009. But they started the season using the wildcat almost exclusively, and then Pennington got hurt. Henne put up some numbers towards the end which salvaged the season a bit, moving the unit up from Jamarcus Russel range up to #27. But still, I clearly should have waited on a QB. If I had to choose one here, Baltimore would have been good; Tim Hightower would have been a good choice as well (though I still think he sucks).

10.04 Leon Washington, RB NYJ

I get my first choice this time. At this point in the draft, all of the RBs are backups entering the season. Frankly, I think Washington is more talented than Thomas Jones, and with Jones entering the season at age 31, this looks to me like the situation which has the greatest likelihood of resulting in a backup turning into a productive starter.

Injury loss; it's hard to know what he might have done healthy. It turned out that Fred Jackson would have been a better pick, but I have Lynch and I never do handcuffs in a format like this (guaranteed middling production).

11.13 Robert Royal, TE CLE

Royal sliding this far in this format looks to me like an oversight. He's not Kellen Winslow, but this is a team with no clear #2 receiver, which brought in a new head coach and brought in Royal to be the lead receiving TE. Winslow and Heiden combined for 125 targets last year, and 169 in 2007; if there are 150 TE targets in Cleveland, Royal will likely be a top-10 TE in this format. Here he goes off the board as the #28 TE, well behind some guys who are not even their teams' #1 TE. Neither Rasta nor Bradshaw was taken since my last turn; I think there's a good chance that I'll get one of them on the comeback.

Another unfortunate part of the "Cleveland passing game will improve" narrative. He finished as TE#55. Trivia: This looked like a great pick in week 1 when he scored 20 points; for the rest of the year, he scored 21 points. Shonn Greene would have been a good pick, but again, having Leon Washington I couldn't make that choice (and probably wouldn't have anyway). Biggest plausible whiff was not getting Mike Sims-Walker with one of these two picks.

12.04 Ahmad Bradshaw, RB NYG

I'm not sure how the #2 RB in New York lasted to RB#49. This offense is an RB's dream, and while Bradshaw has no chance of challenging Jacobs for the starting job, he performed very well in his backup role; with Ward gone, Bradshaw is likely to see 100 carries and 40+ receptions, with upside if Jacobs continues to have injury problems.

My second good pick, Bradshaw finished as RB30. Could have been even better if the Giants didn't blow their chances at the playoffs.

13.13 Browns TMQB

I like the Browns TMQB here, because someone is going to come out on top in that QB controversy, and whoever does should have a pretty good season. Pairing this pick with Edwards increases my variance, which I like.

So here, the core assumption of my draft is revealed, and it turned out to be awfully, horribly wrong. The Browns TMQB finished dead last in points, and had 8 weeks scoring less than 5 points. Combining this pick with a WR and TE from the same team (at least at first) fundamentally doomed me. I could have waited to the 18th round and picked up one of two TMQBs who outscored Cleveland by 50+ points. Jamaal Charles could have been a substitute.

14.04 Ryan Longwell, PK MIN (Go Bears!)

Go Bears! #1 kicker by 15 points. My two best picks so far are both Bears.

15.13 Jason Hanson, PK DET

He's a dome kicker who will have the job all year (barring injury--I had Nugent last year, grr.)

Finished as PK22, reasonable for this spot.

16.04 Niners D

What's left for me is two defense picks, and a flex flyer. None of the defenses left are particularly exciting, but I think the Niners, if they have any talent at all, have it on defense, and Singletary will pay attention to this unit.

Very solid pick based on good reasoning, they finished as TD7.

17.13 Chansi Stuckey, WR NYJ

Needing to fill my flex spot, I was looking at a list of chancy (ha ha!) players; among them were Edgerrin James, Bryant Johnson, Kevin Jones, and Javon Walker. But the more I looked at it and read camp reports, the more I liked Chansi Stuckey.

Seemed like a good idea at the time; then he got traded into my imploding Clevland TMQB situation. No position players taken from this point out did appreciably better. The best untaken free agents were Collie and Garcon; perhaps we should have taken one of those, even with A.Gonzalez healthy at the time. Mario Manningham or Jerome Harrison were also possibilities.

18.04 Denver DST

How the mighty have fallen; Denver used to be a good fantasy defense, and here they're taken as the #31 D, ahead of only Cincinatti. They still have Champ Bailey and should significantly outperform this draft position.

Finished as TD9, another solid value pick. Bengals did OK, too (TD13).

Overall

I made basically four errors in the draft. First was missing on my first two picks, Tomlinson and S.Smith (CAR). Perhaps the writing was on the wall for Tomlinson, but I'm not sure I would do it differently if I did the draft again. If he didn't have the ankle injury he probably would have been around RB10. Smith, again, it's hard to say I would pass on him in the same situation again; yes, his QB situation sucked, but he's an extremely talented WR. Maybe the main thing I was doing wrong there was overvaluing RB/WR relative to TE--a strategic choice that I usually pay close attention to.

The other was choosing narratives that just wound up wrong. If I had been right, and Cleveland and Miami had wound up with middle-of-the-pack passing offenses, it would have been worth 300-400 points to my team. But, they didn't; they had crappy passing offenses, and because of that I had no chance. Cleveland, I was perhaps being too optimistic about; Miami, I don't think I would have forseen them using the wildcat at the level they did this year, and of course I couldn't predict the Pennington injury.

I'll look forward to taking another shot at it next year!

Well, having Indy TMQB and Reggie Bush still to go, I should climb one more spot, so I'm kinda happy about that. Overall, I did so-so (as my final position will show). My 1st (Turner) and 3rd (Royal) picks completely doomed me. Otherwise, I had some decent surprises that worked out, and a few that didn't. Nothing earth-shattering that would have propelled me into the top 3 though...

Congrats There it is!

Congrats There It Is........Needed the Vikes to top the Saints for a chance to catch you, but was not to be. Best ever finish for me in what I think is one of the most challenging pre-season drafts of all.Thanks David for running these!
Thanks. Wow this was really close. League 2 is the best league. Thanks David for the invite and for running this each year

Well, having Indy TMQB and Reggie Bush still to go, I should climb one more spot, so I'm kinda happy about that. Overall, I did so-so (as my final position will show). My 1st (Turner) and 3rd (Royal) picks completely doomed me. Otherwise, I had some decent surprises that worked out, and a few that didn't. Nothing earth-shattering that would have propelled me into the top 3 though...Congrats There it is!
Thanks. You guys make this great each year.

Good god did my team suxor this year. I don't even want to see where I went wrong but to help educate others I will recap this trainwreck of a season.

1.01 Peterson, Adrian MIN RB

I think having one of the first picks is more of a curse than a blessing in this league. You really have to hit a home run, as so many elite guys will come off the board after this pick. Luckily ADP didn't get hurt and ended the year as the #2 RB. I don't even want to know the drop off from here team wise for me . . .

2.16 Bowe, Dwayne KCC WR

Well, Bowe sure was disappointing, ranking 54th on a team that had no chance of making the playoffs.

3.01 Olsen, Greg CHI TE

Olsen ended the year as the #12 TE, which wasn't horrible for the 8th TE off the board.

4.16 Thomas, Pierre NOS RB

I took Thomas as the 18th pick off the board and he ranked 10th not playing in 2 weeks. An actual bright spot! Who knew? Unlike "rea" fantasy football, having 2 Top 10 RBs in a 16 team league got me NOTHING.

5.01 Bryant, Antonio TBB WR

He played more like Bear Bryant. Obviously graduated from the same school of underachievement as Bowe did.

6.16 Scaife, Bo TEN TE

He ended up ranked as the 20th ranked TE, but he was the 16th off the board. I whole lot of meh.

7.01 Walter, Kevin HOU WR

37th off the board . . . 56th in the clubhouse.

8.16 Graham, Earnest TBB RB

My only swing and a miss at RB . . . ended up as the 100th ranked back. I almost took Caddy late (who was the #29 back).

9.01 Muhammad, Muhsin CAR WR

Another in a long line of WR disappointments, ending the year at #65.

10.16 Taylor, Chester MIN RB

He ended 44th, but for almost an 11th round pick that's pretty decent.

Things should get ugly from here on out . . .

11.01 Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB Def

I think I just proved that waiting on a defense is a better move than taking one midrounds unless they are slated to be really good. Getting the 27th best defense this early (13th off the board) was a big WHOOPS.

12.16 Thomas, Devin WAS WR

Were there any decent fantasy options this year in Washington? I probably could have swallowed a nice 87th finish from Thomas if the rest of my receivers weren't so terrible.

13.01 Engram, Bobby FA WR

That's the last time I buy into the training camp reports that an aging receiver was really building chemistry with a QB. At least I stayed away from Galloway. Engram ranked 142nd.

14.16 Hartley, Garrett NOS PK

My great plan of snagging the kicker for a powerhouse offense took a turn for the worst when Hartley got suspended. At least he was the #2 PK from Week 13 on or I really would have gotten nothing out of him.

15.01 Brown, Kris HOU PK

I don't think I could have played buying into kickers from the right two high scoring offenses than Hartley and Brown for the price it cost to get them. Except Brown didn't get many attempts. Or should I have said made many of them.

16.16 Buccaneers, Tampa Bay TBB TMQB

TB ended up as the 25th best TMQB, which I guess is about what I should have expected taking them at QB28.

17.01 Bengals, Cincinnati CIN Def

Can't beat getting the 13th best defense with the 27th drafted defense.

18.16 Lions, Detroit DET TMQB

Ended up as the 24th best TMQB, so not bad for the last pick of the draft.

Clearly not getting any scoring from my WRs ***KILLED*** my team. I guess the secret to competing in leagues like this is to not draft players that S U C K!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread