What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2009 Anarchy League 1 Thread (1 Viewer)

David Yudkin

Footballguy
League web site: LINKAGE

Password: anarchy1

Draft Order:

Twilight - 621

SLBD - 599

LHUCKS - 577

Ministry of Pain - 558

Gatorman - 549

Bostonfred - 543

Clayton Gray - 534

Jason Wood - 487

PurpleHaze67 - 477

renesauz - 473

David Yudkin - 459

Unlucky - 451

Aaron Rudnicki - 447

jurb26 - 442

Hear-the-Footsteps - 428

Dickey Moe - 361

More info to follow . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
first time I've been able to draft this high...nice.

I do prefer the middle in these 16 teamers though.

Would have been nice if someone could have sent a PM, sorta like the 20 or so I send out around SSL time...just sayin'.

ETA - Apparently I got a PM from David yesterday but it didn't register as a new PM as my box said zero new pm's.

Would have been nice if someone could have sent a PM, sorta like the 20 or so I send out around SSL time...just sayin'.ETA - Apparently I got a PM from David yesterday but it didn't register as a new PM as my box said zero new pm's.
1) The sign up thread has been plastered on the front page of the Shark Pool for almost a week.2) I emailed everyone in the league from last year a couple of times.3) I PM'd you and didn't hear back.It's not like there was no attempt to contact you.That being said, if you still want in you can have your spot back and I will send renesauz back to League 3 as we haven't started the draft yet, but let me know ASAP.

Would have been nice if someone could have sent a PM, sorta like the 20 or so I send out around SSL time...just sayin'.ETA - Apparently I got a PM from David yesterday but it didn't register as a new PM as my box said zero new pm's.
I thought it was weird you hadn't checked in...you've been around this time of year for about 10 consecutive years now.

Aside from the missed p-mail, I don't see how BnB doesn't notice the thread that's been plastered in the SP? :confused:Don't go bostonfred on us, BnB.
I would have missed it too if it wasn't for David's email when he posted it. I don't do a general check every day of the Shark Pool like I do in the FFA. Usually, when I go in there, it's a targeted mission looking for something.

Does Twilight know he's on the clock? And are the rest of you pre-drafting yet? Please do.Good luck to all! :rant:
Yep, I knew (spotted I had the first pick earlier today.) But I can't make a pick until the official start of the draft (6 am tomorrow). I'll throw the predraft of ADP in there, but 1st pick predrafts are one of the things that frequently mess up on MFL.

Oh, didn't see the time, sorry Twilight. I was just looking at league II getting right out of the gates like usual, and hoping we can move a bit quicker this year, for once.

Sonny Lubick Blowup Doll said:
Oh, didn't see the time, sorry Twilight. I was just looking at league II getting right out of the gates like usual, and hoping we can move a bit quicker this year, for once.
No prob. I definitely understand wanting to push things along, and definitely don't have a problem with it.

David Yudkin said:
If BNB gets back to me/us tonight he can have his spot back, but he has yet to respond back or post.
Looks like I missed deadline. Obviously I must be too busy and not checking in enough. Enjoy the draft folks.

David Yudkin said:
If BNB gets back to me/us tonight he can have his spot back, but he has yet to respond back or post.
Looks like I missed deadline. Obviously I must be too busy and not checking in enough. Enjoy the draft folks.
I think Yudkin was being more than reasonable on this. Everybody else, in each league, seems to be fine/ready. Don't run home with your ball, Billy.

:loco: Yudkin. REALLY?

I've p-mailed him, as well as Unlucky, jurb26, and Hear-the-Footsteps. Aaron and Dickey Moe are on top of things, good. I understand it's the first day so some may not realize it's started and stuff, but once everybody does knows that we're off, there is NO reason not to have this go more quickly this year.

Each pick should be followed by a pre-draft -- this isn't big money folks.

I'm a bit surprised Gates (or the 2nd TE off the board) wasn't until 2.03. Thought for sure I would be going WR there.

Very happy with Jennings, didn't think I'd get him. Thought I'd get Bowe actually...then just missed him on the comeback, damn. After those guys, the question marks start popping up with the WRs, so I then considered other positions to take. In the end, I saw a big drop-off coming (for me) at WR. I also liked Colston's upside, compared to some of my other options.

I'll predraft my third rounder before I leave in the morning, but I may not be able to make my fourth round pick until late in the day tomorrow. I plan on predraftng some, but that's a long way away, esp. with a third coming first. Travelling to Baltimore and back for the Bal/Dc/Philly FBG auction league.

I expect I'll be back on somewhere around ten PMish. I don't think it should hold up this draft much, but it might. Apologies in advance if it does.

Greetings All,

Very happy to be here, 1st year in the Anarchy and wish I had taken part before now. I wanted Randy Moss in the 1st but when I saw LHucks drafting ahead of me I kinda knew I wasn't going to get him because of the comments he made when I picked him in SSL.

LT for me was a chance to get a RB that IMO is always a threat to be the #1 RB in FF, some will argue he is damaged goods at this point but I disagree and think with the rules set up here that he is a clear choice as you likely will get some post season action out of him as well. After New England I think SD is one of the next teams in line to make a SB run.

AZ QB for me was a steal, one of the few picks from a year ago that cleared over 400 points...in fact they finished with something like 450+

I may have misread the rules but it seems like you just want to rack the most points and when the SD QB team was available on the way back I jumped on them. I was set to take a 2nd QB team and when you factor in the post season I felt SD was another clear choice here. SD has a pretty soft schedule IMO and they will score a bunch so whether it is on the ground or thru the air I now have secured the majority of those points.

Very interesting teams being assembled.

Greetings All,Very happy to be here, 1st year in the Anarchy and wish I had taken part before now. I wanted Randy Moss in the 1st but when I saw LHucks drafting ahead of me I kinda knew I wasn't going to get him because of the comments he made when I picked him in SSL. LT for me was a chance to get a RB that IMO is always a threat to be the #1 RB in FF, some will argue he is damaged goods at this point but I disagree and think with the rules set up here that he is a clear choice as you likely will get some post season action out of him as well. After New England I think SD is one of the next teams in line to make a SB run.AZ QB for me was a steal, one of the few picks from a year ago that cleared over 400 points...in fact they finished with something like 450+I may have misread the rules but it seems like you just want to rack the most points and when the SD QB team was available on the way back I jumped on them. I was set to take a 2nd QB team and when you factor in the post season I felt SD was another clear choice here. SD has a pretty soft schedule IMO and they will score a bunch so whether it is on the ground or thru the air I now have secured the majority of those points. Very interesting teams being assembled.
I agree that NE and SD are likely playoff teams. :kicksrock:

1.03 - Randy Moss

X2.14 - Marion BarberX

3.03 - Brian Westbrook

:popcorn:
Way to draft the 3rd most talented RB in Dallas with your 2nd pick. This one will burn you. Lucky for you, Westbrook at 3.03 is a steal that will help you make up for it.

I might have reached slightly for Jackson in the fourth, but reports out of camp are glowing, and I can't help but be optimistic. (Doesn't hurt that Philly is a likely playoff team)

1.03 - Randy Moss

X2.14 - Marion BarberX

3.03 - Brian Westbrook

:thumbup:
Way to draft the 3rd most talented RB in Dallas with your 2nd pick. This one will burn you. Lucky for you, Westbrook at 3.03 is a steal that will help you make up for it.
Err, I'd rather have Barber than the other two. Having watched a lot of Jones and Choice in college, they do have talent, but Barber overall is the better of the three. And more experience...

I was really hoping McFadden would make it to me...guy is the most undervalued RB BY FAR. Should've known the Arkansas homer would be all over it.

renesauz said:
I might have reached slightly for Jackson in the fourth, but reports out of camp are glowing, and I can't help but be optimistic. (Doesn't hurt that Philly is a likely playoff team)
I like the pick. Plus, you stole it from Woods.

No worries MoP, just busting your balls is all. We could actually use more active owners/commentary...right up your alley. Welcome, nut-case.

So when are you coming to Kauai? You going to hike the Na Pali coast? All the way to Kalalau? That is one very difficult task, better be in shape...and have a tent and rations.

Greetings All,Very happy to be here, 1st year in the Anarchy and wish I had taken part before now. I wanted Randy Moss in the 1st but when I saw LHucks drafting ahead of me I kinda knew I wasn't going to get him because of the comments he made when I picked him in SSL. LT for me was a chance to get a RB that IMO is always a threat to be the #1 RB in FF, some will argue he is damaged goods at this point but I disagree and think with the rules set up here that he is a clear choice as you likely will get some post season action out of him as well. After New England I think SD is one of the next teams in line to make a SB run.AZ QB for me was a steal, one of the few picks from a year ago that cleared over 400 points...in fact they finished with something like 450+I may have misread the rules but it seems like you just want to rack the most points and when the SD QB team was available on the way back I jumped on them. I was set to take a 2nd QB team and when you factor in the post season I felt SD was another clear choice here. SD has a pretty soft schedule IMO and they will score a bunch so whether it is on the ground or thru the air I now have secured the majority of those points. Very interesting teams being assembled.
I agree that NE and SD are likely playoff teams. :wall:
Ditto. I actually thought about grabbing a QB (SD) there. Probably why I was inclined to take Dallas when they were available almost two rounds later. Wanted Moreno, but with him not reporting yet, I figured I was safe to wait through two more picks (Twilight), but no. At that point, I saw the WR's with more value so I went with Royal. I think he fits McD's system perfectly. They'll be playing from behind too, and who knows what could happen with Marshall. I also considered, among others, Roy Williams. That would've been interesting/fun, having Romo, Witten and Williams. All or nothing. In the end, I just had a lot more faith in Royal.Screwed at RB, but there's always a position that happens with in this format. At this point, chasing is futile. Last year I neglected them as well, and it didn't matter much...Anyway, that was the first turn of events for me in this draft.

Screwed at RB, but there's always a position that happens with in this format. At this point, chasing is futile. Last year I neglected them as well, and it didn't matter much...
Yup, no matter where you draft from you will have a major position that has huge holes in it given this format. For me it will be WR this year. Jesh, never would have thought I'd be 6 picks in and not have a single WR. I'm going BPA and that's just how things are playing out.I'm happy with my team thus far. I thought getting the NOQB that late in the 1st round was good value and I like NO to surprise and make the playoffs this year. Gates felt like a steal to me. He's got a serious shot at being the #1 TE and plays for a team that is one of the safest bets to make the post season. Danials was just a BPA pick. I like him and also like Hou a great deal this year. Grant was may the last featured RB left on the table when I took him. Wells is a guy that I'm super high on and was really hoping would make it to me in the 5th. I think Arz (I know Super Bowl jinx) is a pretty safe bet for post season action as well and I'm thinking Wells will have a top 20 season. Stewart was a swing for the fences pick. I'm sure he'll get his looks, but as long as Williams is healthy his impact will be tempered. If Williams gets hurt and misses much time however, Stewart will be a monster.

Screwed at RB, but there's always a position that happens with in this format. At this point, chasing is futile. Last year I neglected them as well, and it didn't matter much...
Yup, no matter where you draft from you will have a major position that has huge holes in it given this format.
Meh...not really "major". Sure some areas will be weaker than others, but the key is identifying productive players/positions late...that's how you can excel in this format. whoever drafted Slaton as their 4th RB or Flex last year turned a potentially weak RB core into a powerhouse (I presume)

Yup, no matter where you draft from you will have a major position that has huge holes in it given this format.
Meh...not really "major". Sure some areas will be weaker than others, but the key is identifying productive players/positions late...that's how you can excel in this format. whoever drafted Slaton as their 4th RB or Flex last year turned a potentially weak RB core into a powerhouse (I presume)
The point is that no matter where you pick from your post-draft roster will appear to have a weakness. Sure, one of the guys you gamble on could change that. But you can't bank on it.

The point is that no matter where you pick from your post-draft roster will appear to have a weakness. Sure, one of the guys you gamble on could change that. But you can't bank on it.
Yeah, I guess I just took exception to the word "major".

Users who are viewing this thread