What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2009 Anarchy League 4 (1 Viewer)

David Yudkin

Footballguy
LEAGUE 4 draft site:

LINK

Password: anarchy4

Draft starts 8/2/09 at noon Eastern. No timer for now.

gorf - 646

hug dog - 613

benm3218 - 545

cfrase - 539

Getinthemix - 527

geoff8695 - 503

JohnDoe - 499

SmackDaddies - 492

benbadman - 476

Buddy Ball 2K3 - 445

HALtheCOW - 440

Itchy Amos - 438

IndyHavoc - 424

Blue-Kun - 419

Stinkin' Ref - 392

shader - 384

Curious - How many of you will do this draft

1. Seat of the Pants

2. Using Draft Dominator

3. Using the VDB

4. Using some other sytem

I will do a combo of 1 and 3 -

i'm predrafted for 1.01, by the way, although it doesn't appear that way from looking at the draft report. if it doesn't take, i'll pop in and make the pick...

gorf said:
i'm predrafted for 1.01, by the way, although it doesn't appear that way from looking at the draft report. if it doesn't take, i'll pop in and make the pick...
There really is no reason not to predraft your first pick through at least the top 10. Perhaps if you are drafting 10-16 you might want to see how the other picks are going, or if you havent drafted in this format/scoring system before.

gorf said:
dont think the pre-draft #1 overall is working...12 eastern start right?

smackdaddies said:
Curious - How many of you will do this draft1. Seat of the Pants2. Using Draft Dominator3. Using the VDB4. Using some other sytem I will do a combo of 1 and 3 -
I am thinking about trying something out of the box for this year. I dont think my approach would work very well if our entire team didnt start. but it might work here. If I stick to it, I will explain after we are well underway.

gorf said:
dont think the pre-draft #1 overall is working...12 eastern start right?
nope, didn't work. pick is in now, though.

so, i went a little unconventional with the 1.01. not too far off, but all the other anarchy drafts so far have peterson at 1.01. i went with brady (or, rather, patriots TMQB).

here's what i'm thinking -- i considered 3 or 4 guys with the 1.01, but i went with the pick that, if things fall right, would *really* exceed expectations. most people are projecting him at 30-35 TDs -- i can totally envision a scenario in which he throws for 45-50, which would put him so far ahead of the other QBs that he would, if that turns out to be true, be the most valuable player in the draft, probably by a long shot.

obviously there are a few other guys that could end up being the most valuable player by year end, but this was sort of a swing for the fences pick. i'm trying to come in 1st, not 5th or 6th.

i also note that a few guys haven't checked in to the league site yet, including hugdog, who picks at 1.02. it may be a while before we really get up to full speed...

so, i went a little unconventional with the 1.01. not too far off, but all the other anarchy drafts so far have peterson at 1.01. i went with brady (or, rather, patriots TMQB).here's what i'm thinking -- i considered 3 or 4 guys with the 1.01, but i went with the pick that, if things fall right, would *really* exceed expectations. most people are projecting him at 30-35 TDs -- i can totally envision a scenario in which he throws for 45-50, which would put him so far ahead of the other QBs that he would, if that turns out to be true, be the most valuable player in the draft, probably by a long shot.obviously there are a few other guys that could end up being the most valuable player by year end, but this was sort of a swing for the fences pick. i'm trying to come in 1st, not 5th or 6th.
I am shocked. While top QB teams are important, I still felt AP was the only play at #1 -

I have never played in a format like this. I just started looking at this yesterday, but I think that my draft strategy will really take into account some of the Rule Nuances. However, usually when you try something like this, you out think yourself. I reckon that the Fly by the Seat of your pants will be most successful. Truthfully, you got to get lucky in this format.

Good Luck to Everyone. And HugDog, don't make us send the Pygmy's to come searching for you.

so, i went a little unconventional with the 1.01. not too far off, but all the other anarchy drafts so far have peterson at 1.01. i went with brady (or, rather, patriots TMQB).here's what i'm thinking -- i considered 3 or 4 guys with the 1.01, but i went with the pick that, if things fall right, would *really* exceed expectations. most people are projecting him at 30-35 TDs -- i can totally envision a scenario in which he throws for 45-50, which would put him so far ahead of the other QBs that he would, if that turns out to be true, be the most valuable player in the draft, probably by a long shot.obviously there are a few other guys that could end up being the most valuable player by year end, but this was sort of a swing for the fences pick. i'm trying to come in 1st, not 5th or 6th.
I am shocked. While top QB teams are important, I still felt AP was the only play at #1 -
peterson is certainly the conventional pick, and he may turn out to be the right pick :thumbup:

TEs go early and often in this format too. One league had like 7 TE go in the first 2 rounds.. in thehir current draft

peterson is certainly the conventional pick, and he may turn out to be the right pick :thumbup:
I don't think it is a bad pick by any means - the top qb teams score alot of points, and drafting the team makes it a much more "sure" type pick - you cant lose a player via injury, although obviously you can have a drop off in performance.I just see the RB pool as AP and then everyone else. But the top qb team is certainly a good pick at 1.01

FYI -

There have been as many strategies in these leagues over the years as there have been ways to beat the system in Vegas. Many, many ways have worked or have been unsuccessful, and often the same strategy has done both.

peterson is certainly the conventional pick, and he may turn out to be the right pick :shrug:
I don't think it is a bad pick by any means - the top qb teams score alot of points, and drafting the team makes it a much more "sure" type pick - you cant lose a player via injury, although obviously you can have a drop off in performance.I just see the RB pool as AP and then everyone else. But the top qb team is certainly a good pick at 1.01
smackdaddies, which RB are you taking at 1.08 in front of me? :)

FYI -There have been as many strategies in these leagues over the years as there have been ways to beat the system in Vegas. Many, many ways have worked or have been unsuccessful, and often the same strategy has done both.
any contact info for Hug Dog? :shrug: too bad he didnt predraft his 1.02 pick

FYI -There have been as many strategies in these leagues over the years as there have been ways to beat the system in Vegas. Many, many ways have worked or have been unsuccessful, and often the same strategy has done both.
any contact info for Hug Dog? :bag: too bad he didnt predraft his 1.02 pick
I PM'd him but he hasn't been on FBG in 3 days. I have no email or cell number either, so hopefully he will check in today . . .

FYI -

There have been as many strategies in these leagues over the years as there have been ways to beat the system in Vegas. Many, many ways have worked or have been unsuccessful, and often the same strategy has done both.
any contact info for Hug Dog? :bag: too bad he didnt predraft his 1.02 pick
I PM'd him but he hasn't been on FBG in 3 days. I have no email or cell number either, so hopefully he will check in today . . .
I don't even think that is possible.

FYI -

any contact info for Hug Dog? :shock: too bad he didnt predraft his 1.02 pick
You lost me. You can PM people from the site whether they are on-line or not.

FYI -

I dont think its possible to not vist your site at least 3 times a day, let alone not once in 3 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI -

i think he's saying it's not possible that hugdog hasn't been on the site in three days. sort of like not breathing for three days...ETA: what he said.

Last edited by a moderator:
I appreciate the slow draft format - really, I do. But I am feeling a mite impatient waiting to see who is sliding to my spot

I think the NE QB @ 1.01 is not a bad one in this format. A good argument can be made on the value of a TM QB that is expected to score a lot and make the playoffs. Is this a better pick than ADP? I don't know. But what do I know about drafting, in two years in this league I have finished in the bottom quarter each year.

I appreciate the slow draft format - really, I do. But I am feeling a mite impatient waiting to see who is sliding to my spot
I really like the slow format too, but I get the disntinct impression that HugDog did not see this draft coming...That is what appears to be the real hold-up here.

I have never played in a format like this. I just started looking at this yesterday, but I think that my draft strategy will really take into account some of the Rule Nuances. However, usually when you try something like this, you out think yourself. I reckon that the Fly by the Seat of your pants will be most successful. Truthfully, you got to get lucky in this format.Good Luck to Everyone. And HugDog, don't make us send the Pygmy's to come searching for you.
Send in the Pygmies! :shrug: How hard can it be to predraft if you've got the 2nd pick and you're not going to be online on draft day!?!?

I think the NE QB @ 1.01 is not a bad one in this format. A good argument can be made on the value of a TM QB that is expected to score a lot and make the playoffs. Is this a better pick than ADP? I don't know. But what do I know about drafting, in two years in this league I have finished in the bottom quarter each year.
NE TMQB was the #1 scorer overall in 2007 over the next best scorer by 154 points (the year I DIDN'T have them). I took them the following year at #2 overall . . . and they scored 265 fewer points. Clearly anything can and will happen.

If Hug Dog doesn't show up by morning I will swap him for someone waiting for League 5 . . .
i'd say why wait, but the two guys who pick after him haven't logged on to the site yet, either. :yawn: :lmao:
That's the challenge of adding a bunch of new people that no one knows . . .
that's alright. it's a little frustrating because we're all raring to go, but it's really not a big deal. :banned:
You are right about that. It is probably tough for some to start on Sunday at noon. Hopefully things get rolling along tomorrow morning.I really enjoyed this draft last year. I found that it was a great way to prepare for my primary league.

Agree 100%. A little frustrating, but mostly I am just glad to be included this year. I hope to earn a spot for years to come.

Thanks for having me.

wow wow wow, sorry guys. Phone / internet didn't work at the river and got stuck there until well last night late. where do I sign in at?

pick made. Again sorry guys. Left for the weekend and thought my phone would work in town. to bad we never went to town. I won't let it happen again.

pick made. Again sorry guys. Left for the weekend and thought my phone would work in town. to bad we never went to town. I won't let it happen again.
no problem. i see you had no problem fending off the pygmies... they *did* find you, didn't they? :blackdot:

dumb question because I was in this league last year....but on the site....how do we see a list of who has been drafted....the only way I can seewho is drafted is by going to "report, franchise, rosters"....but even then it is not really giving you a list as we go.....

dumb question because I was in this league last year....but on the site....how do we see a list of who has been drafted....the only way I can seewho is drafted is by going to "report, franchise, rosters"....but even then it is not really giving you a list as we go.....
Reports --> League --> Draft

I don't have any way to contact ben90210 or whatever his number is, so this could be shaping up to be a long start for you guys . . .

I don't have any way to contact ben90210 or whatever his number is, so this could be shaping up to be a long start for you guys . . .
it shows that he was on this site this morning 4 minutes after hug dog's pick.....not sure why he wouldn't have made his pick or have been checking back in knowing he was up next.... :coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread