What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2009 Anarchy League 4 (1 Viewer)

dumb question because I was in this league last year....but on the site....how do we see a list of who has been drafted....the only way I can seewho is drafted is by going to "report, franchise, rosters"....but even then it is not really giving you a list as we go.....
there are no dumb questions - just a lot of inquisitive idiots :confused: (sorry - just had to - I love that line)

Lets see..., the draft has been going for just over 27 hours and we are already 3 picks deep. :yes:

At this rate we will be finished sometime on November 25th. That should make for some really nice late round picks. :moneybag:

Last edited by a moderator:
I emailed cfrase but did not PM him....we need to make sure guys are contacting the next guy every time....it's takes less than a minute, but really helps moving things along and makes this way more fun....

at some point I think we need to implement a timer/substitute/etc.....it should be agreed upon that you check in at least once a day or something

I emailed cfrase but did not PM him....we need to make sure guys are contacting the next guy every time....it's takes less than a minute, but really helps moving things along and makes this way more fun....at some point I think we need to implement a timer/substitute/etc.....it should be agreed upon that you check in at least once a day or something
If everyone enters their email into the league site, everyone can get automatic emails updating every single draft pick. There is no need to PM the next person. Either way, the issue is people not checking in.I think it's funny that when I am up in the other leagues I'll get 5 PMs and a handful of emails if I don't make a pick right away. That's great, but I'm either on-line or I'm not. (The difference being that I at least check the draft every hour and many others don't.)Let's start with the web site. Are there people that have not even logged on at all at this point, and if so who?

hey David....cfrase hasn't even been on FBG since last Monday.....let alone MFL....I say we sub for him....

i would be willing to switch draft spots with him which would buy him some time and get this thing moving all at the same time..... :thumbup:

I am getting e-mail updates on every pick...all 3 of them so far.

So while I may not pick immeadiately, I am never off-line for more than 3 or 4 hours. (except for sleep). Hopefully, this is just a first round problem and once everyone knows the draft is on and coming, we will not have these delays again.

But everyone feel free to e-mail me at hal@packardlaw.com

My problem with the draft is going to be no access at work. I will do my best to check every morning and evening and pre-draft if I am a few picks away. Pre-draft is going to be my friend. Who knows, I might actually finish in the top 3/4 this year :rolleyes:

My problem with the draft is going to be no access at work. I will do my best to check every morning and evening and pre-draft if I am a few picks away. Pre-draft is going to be my friend. Who knows, I might actually finish in the top 3/4 this year :rolleyes:
if you pm me an email address you check at work i can send you draft updates and you can email yudkin your pickhe can pick for you while you are at work

Getinthemix,I hate you. That is all.
You really thought he would get to 1.10? He went #2 in A1 and A2.
Did you think you would get him where you did??
Nope, I was actually hoping for Pats TQB as my 1 and Peterson for my 2nd preference. Witten was 3rd
I was hoping for NE TQB or Randy Moss to slide to 12. I thought I had a chance before the draft started but was quickly brought back to reality.

sorry i saw randy moss at 1.09 and told my woman to go ahead and buy me that randy moss jersey cuz ill need it

sorry it took me 10 minutes to make up my mind between Moss & Peyton manning.. the key decider is the week 18-21 scoring... dare i say it, but the Colts may not even make the playoffs this year (Titans & Texans out of AFC South).

sorry i saw randy moss at 1.09 and told my woman to go ahead and buy me that randy moss jersey cuz ill need itsorry it took me 10 minutes to make up my mind between Moss & Peyton manning.. the key decider is the week 18-21 scoring... dare i say it, but the Colts may not even make the playoffs this year (Titans & Texans out of AFC South).
solid pick that late. i considered him at 1.01.

sorry i saw randy moss at 1.09 and told my woman to go ahead and buy me that randy moss jersey cuz ill need itsorry it took me 10 minutes to make up my mind between Moss & Peyton manning.. the key decider is the week 18-21 scoring... dare i say it, but the Colts may not even make the playoffs this year (Titans & Texans out of AFC South).
solid pick that late. i considered him at 1.01.
He was my 5th option at 1.5

Really sorry about the delay. I left for football practice at 5 and I was 6 picks down. I will use AutoPick later in the draft...just these first few rounds, it is hard for me to imagine without seeing the flow of the draft...

I am rolling the dice with Calvin Johnson...I know it could be ugly in Detroit this year.

We may be in for another wait (or substitution) since Shader has yet to check into the site. Hopefully he makes an appearance first thing tomorrow morning.

Really sorry about the delay. I left for football practice at 5 and I was 6 picks down. I will use AutoPick later in the draft...just these first few rounds, it is hard for me to imagine without seeing the flow of the draft...I am rolling the dice with Calvin Johnson...I know it could be ugly in Detroit this year.
i think calvin will have a better year than randy moss.. his talent is undeniable.... but they definitely wont be playing in weeks 18-21!ps - sent shader & stinkin ref an email

Really sorry about the delay. I left for football practice at 5 and I was 6 picks down. I will use AutoPick later in the draft...just these first few rounds, it is hard for me to imagine without seeing the flow of the draft...I am rolling the dice with Calvin Johnson...I know it could be ugly in Detroit this year.
i think calvin will have a better year than randy moss.. his talent is undeniable.... but they definitely wont be playing in weeks 18-21!ps - sent shader & stinkin ref an email
FYI - rookie QBs and elite WRs historically do not mix. I do not believe that there has ever been a Top 5 fantasy WR paired with a rookie QB that started most of the season.I follow the Patriots in detail and fully expect Moss to have a monster year again. In this format, Moss >>>>> Megatron.

FYI - rookie QBs and elite WRs historically do not mix. I do not believe that there has ever been a Top 5 fantasy WR paired with a rookie QB that started most of the season.I follow the Patriots in detail and fully expect Moss to have a monster year again. In this format, Moss >>>>> Megatron.
David,Roddy White must have finished 6th last year then.... :goodposting: Look, I am not trying to be a jerk. I would agree with your assesment. I would have had to take any of the Top 3 WRs that went off the board over Calvin Johnson. I just couldnt find anyone else to take ahead of him after that....I hope it somehow works out for me.

David,Roddy White must have finished 6th last year then.... :thumbup: Look, I am not trying to be a jerk. I would agree with your assesment. I would have had to take any of the Top 3 WRs that went off the board over Calvin Johnson. I just couldnt find anyone else to take ahead of him after that....I hope it somehow works out for me.
White was the highest ranking receiver (6th) paired with a rookie QB, but Ryan had the 3rd highest scoring fantasy season for a rookie QB. I doubt Johnson will fall flat on his face, but the playoff element will likely come back to hurt him in this format. He ranked 5th last year, so he clearly is still a worthy 1st round pick.

David Yudkin said:
HALtheCOW said:
David Yudkin said:
benbadman said:
HALtheCOW said:
David,Roddy White must have finished 6th last year then.... :IBTL: Look, I am not trying to be a jerk. I would agree with your assesment. I would have had to take any of the Top 3 WRs that went off the board over Calvin Johnson. I just couldnt find anyone else to take ahead of him after that....I hope it somehow works out for me.
White was the highest ranking receiver (6th) paired with a rookie QB, but Ryan had the 3rd highest scoring fantasy season for a rookie QB. I doubt Johnson will fall flat on his face, but the playoff element will likely come back to hurt him in this format. He ranked 5th last year, so he clearly is still a worthy 1st round pick.
I have no response to the Playoff format....He just needs to somehow make up for it in the first 17 weeks. If Detroit makes the playoffs, we are all going to be stunned.

Has anyone heard from or seen shader? He has not checked into the website yet.
not a good sign :lmao:
Last Seen: Today, 10:08 AM he was on fbg 20 mins after he went on the clockjust pmed him
hopefully he makes his pick.... if he does not, is there an alternate that Yudkin can put in the league to make these back to back picks 1.16 / 2.01? how can you tell if a person has logged onto the MFL website yet? or most recently?

Click their name and it will tell you the time since their most recent log in. To test, click mine and then click shader. Note the difference

We made it to thru the 1st round. Things should speed up now, but if not, we should still finish the draft before the season starts... :lmao:

Round 1 in the books

3 QB (Brady, Brees, Manning - team QB)

6 RB (Peterson, MJD, Turner, Forte, Gore, D Will)

5 WR (Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Moss, Calvin Johnson, Wayne)

2 TE (Witten, Clark)

Thoughts?

At first I found that pick a bit of a reach, but Clark was TE2 in this 2PPR-TE scoring format in 2008, and TE6 in 2007 (11 TDs but less catches). Clark is a safe TE pick compared to Gonzo (new team / system / 33) and Gates (declining production 07 and 08).

I've seen Kellen Winslow go in round 2 in these Anarchy 2009 drafts, so wonder who will bite on the Soldier.

Round 1 in the books3 QB (Brady, Brees, Manning - team QB)6 RB (Peterson, MJD, Turner, Forte, Gore, D Will)5 WR (Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Moss, Calvin Johnson, Wayne)2 TE (Witten, Clark)Thoughts?
I thought Witten would be a High 1st round pick, but then I thought it may be more like the end of the 2nd when the TEs started to come off the board. The even spread of WRs and RBs with 3 QBs thrown in is what I would have guessed. My Calvin Johnson pick was the biggest stretch. ADP not going #1 was the biggest surprise.

benbadman said:
At first I found that pick a bit of a reach, but Clark was TE2 in this 2PPR-TE scoring format in 2008, and TE6 in 2007 (11 TDs but less catches). Clark is a safe TE pick compared to Gonzo (new team / system / 33) and Gates (declining production 07 and 08).I've seen Kellen Winslow go in round 2 in these Anarchy 2009 drafts, so wonder who will bite on the Soldier.
it took me awhile to decide on this pick....being at the end, with my first two picks I was pretty set on getting a top TE and a top QB team as I knew neither would make it back to me at 3/4....in this format I think it is important to have a top player at each of these positions.....Clark was the pick over the other available TE's for almost exactly the reasons mentioned above.....Gates always seems dinged....and Gonzo is going to a new team with a new system and I am not sure how he will be used....it just seemed to me that ATL didn't go to the TE much anymore/last year (they let Crumpler go prior year)... I know they will draw up some things for Gonzo, but I decided to go with what I thought was the "surest" thing after Witten and that is Clark...I know what I will get from him....plus I do think with Manning Indy always has a very high chance of making the playoffs....I think I could have swapped my first two picks and got them both still so Clark going "in the first" isn't a real issue in my mind...the WR talent in AZ and Warner made that pick pretty easy....they should get back to the playoffs by winning that crappy division.....also considered SD team QB with one of the picks.....my RB's and WR's may be the sucks....but you gotta start somewhere...........

Users who are viewing this thread