What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Subscriber Contest (1 Viewer)

David Dodds

Administrator
The contest is almost here. It is being tested by our staff to make sure we make it extra hard for you guys.

Most of the rules will remain the same, but we have one tweak that we think will add some skill.

You can now field a team between 20 to 24 picks (as long as you don't spend more than the $250). We are hoping this will add increased variability to the rosters.

The contest is expected to debut Tuesday afternoon.

Have you finally gotten rid of the silly rule about those who live in the "sic(x) states" being ineligible???

This IS a private contest for subscribers only

So, if I take off Tuesday to start going through my first 100 iterations, is it safe that to say that the contest will actually be up and running. Or will I have wasted a vacation day?

allow me to be the first to say...I hope everyone takes warner this year.
Could you please pm me who not to take this year and then not let anyone else know? I could use the advantage of being the only one to take him, whoever it is. TIA.

An excellent tweak varying the roster size. The time waster level goes up geometrically with that one additional variance.

:wall:

new subscriber here...how do you play? any info anywhere?
Dodds will provide a list of players, each with their own "cost" (anywhere from $1 to $85 or so) based on their perceived value. You have $250 to spend to put together your roster. In the past it was always a set # of players. This year, it's not (see above). Once the rosters are finalized (start of the regular season), there are no roster moves and no lineups to worry about. Your best scorers at each position each week count in your score. Each week a predetermined percentage of teams get eliminated based on that week's scores until weeks 14-16 when all of the teams still alive compete for the big money.

The contest is almost here. It is being tested by our staff to make sure we make it extra hard for you guys.Most of the rules will remain the same, but we have one tweak that we think will add some skill.You can now field a team between 20 to 24 picks (as long as you don't spend more than the $250). We are hoping this will add increased variability to the rosters.The contest is expected to debut Tuesday afternoon.
David. Can't wait as this is one of the most fun parts of the pre-season. Jim

Are you guys going to be able to offer live scoring on it this year? Do I need to fire up my app?

New tweak will make this one interesting! Cant wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
rzrback77 said:
An excellent tweak varying the roster size. The time waster level goes up geometrically with that one additional variance.

:thumbup:
:lmao: I can't even think about how many times my roster will be changed between today and the start of the season.

:thumbup:

Dodds will provide a list of players, each with their own "cost" (anywhere from $1 to $85 or so) based on their perceived value. You have $250 to spend to put together your roster. In the past it was always a set # of players. This year, it's not (see above). Once the rosters are finalized (start of the regular season), there are no roster moves and no lineups to worry about. Your best scorers at each position each week count in your score. Each week a predetermined percentage of teams get eliminated based on that week's scores until weeks 14-16 when all of the teams still alive compete for the big money.
I assume you pay real $$ for the players you add to your team? Is that the kitty for the end of season winnings?

I assume you pay real $$ for the players you add to your team? Is that the kitty for the end of season winnings?
Yea, I'll pm you the paypal addy. :evil:j/k, pretty sure that it's free.

Free to site subscribers.

Entry into the contest is one of the benefits of subscribing. If you're a subscriber, you're already paid up. Total prize pool is $35,000, with the first place finisher getting 20K.

It's free to suscribers. There is a catch, Dodds pays out in wheat pennies so you need a truck.

Honestly the main reason I subscribe. This thing is the best. I have more fun with it than I do my main leagues I think. Ironically, though, when I get knocked out I don't get all that bent out of shape. Just an all around good time...

Users who are viewing this thread