What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MBSL 2 DRAFT COMMENTS THREAD (1 Viewer)

Noticed the draft thread starting to get a little cluttered and I think Cpt.Hook mentioned about a seperate thread for draft talk and comments so we don't have to sift through the muddle to find the picks. Well, here you have it. Use it for whatever you want about our draft.

I've only had two picks, Gore and Colston. We're in the 3rd round and already you guys aren't leaving much. Guess I'll have to press to get any decent players.

GoBW - thanks for setting this up.

LOTS of good players left for everyone......

But I got a laugh out of a comment from one of the drafters about all the RB value left.......if the first two round s had been more RB heavy then someone else would have said.....I can't believe all the WR value here....

was having a tough time between portis and royal

thought the drop off at wr would be more substantial than rb

GoBW - thanks for setting this up.LOTS of good players left for everyone......But I got a laugh out of a comment from one of the drafters about all the RB value left.......if the first two round s had been more RB heavy then someone else would have said.....I can't believe all the WR value here....
Yeah, only 12 backs taken in the first two rounds so I guess it would leave a lot of value. At 1 PPR figured the WR's would be flying off the board. I may have to hope Rae Carruth get's parole for some WR depth,lol.

GoBW - thanks for setting this up.

LOTS of good players left for everyone......

But I got a laugh out of a comment from one of the drafters about all the RB value left.......if the first two round s had been more RB heavy then someone else would have said.....I can't believe all the WR value here....
Yeah, only 12 backs taken in the first two rounds so I guess it would leave a lot of value. At 1 PPR figured the WR's would be flying off the board. I may have to hope Rae Carruth get's parole for some WR depth,lol.
12 Backs is definitely the fewest this year. WSL1 took 18 for the high, and the average for the leagues dropped as the year advanced
Code:
R1	R2	TotalP1	12	2	14P2	12	3	15P3	12	1	13P4	10	6	16R	10	5	15S1	12	2	14S2	10	3	13S3	9	4	13S4	11	4	15W1	14	3	17W2	14	4	18W3	13	4	17W4	13	2	15

Fitz, Westy, Barber....these guys have all been first rd picks at one time or another this year.
That's not a bad start at all. I'm down on Westbrook more these days, though. McCoy looks good. I think the Eagles will try to put Vick in the wildcat in goal line situations. He's 30. I think his touches go down this year, and I don't think he'll get a lot of looks near the goal line. Then again, I have similar concerns about Jackson in the first. I hated making that pick. Happy with Gonzalez in the second and love Portis in the third. I'm going to be way behind at WR but I have my starters at those positions locked up and the good RBs are starting to get scooped up here in the third, so I'm happy to have gotten in at the front of that run.

I would like to say Thanks, to the guys who list the round and pick number with their draft pick...

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't touch westbrook or barber with your 10 ft poll... can we keep this thread to just picks and make a new thread for guys to boast about their early round picks?Thanks:)
This thread seems like an appropriate place for draft comments. In fact, I'm afraid draft picks might get lost in the midst of the commentary in this thread. Perhaps we should make picks in the pick thread instead.

I wouldn't touch westbrook or barber with your 10 ft poll... can we keep this thread to just picks and make a new thread for guys to boast about their early round picks?Thanks:)
This thread seems like an appropriate place for draft comments. In fact, I'm afraid draft picks might get lost in the midst of the commentary in this thread. Perhaps we should make picks in the pick thread instead.
Yeah I didn't realize I was posting on the thread board. thanks for creating this...I was surprised to see so many TEs drafted so early. Is there some secret stat for them that I missed in the rules???

Yeah I didn't realize I was posting on the thread board. thanks for creating this...I was surprised to see so many TEs drafted so early. Is there some secret stat for them that I missed in the rules???
Apparently yes. 2 ppr for TE's

This has been a much unpredictable draft. Can't figure out who's going next. It seems to bounce around from position and it's throwing my strategy right out da window,lol.

My pick is two picks away.I'll stay up a little while longer and if it's not up I'll be around by 9am to pick.

Fitz, Westy, Barber....these guys have all been first rd picks at one time or another this year.
That's not a bad start at all. I'm down on Westbrook more these days, though. McCoy looks good. I think the Eagles will try to put Vick in the wildcat in goal line situations. He's 30. I think his touches go down this year, and I don't think he'll get a lot of looks near the goal line. Then again, I have similar concerns about Jackson in the first. I hated making that pick. Happy with Gonzalez in the second and love Portis in the third. I'm going to be way behind at WR but I have my starters at those positions locked up and the good RBs are starting to get scooped up here in the third, so I'm happy to have gotten in at the front of that run.
I've been saying or hearing the same thing about Westie in previous years.....Buckhalter, Moats, McNabb's rushing ability. Maybe this is the year he crashes. Portis was just plain theft. I would have taken him last round if Westbrook was gone.

lol... I actually screwed myself at the start... I'm a Huge fan of sending lists and I always say I'd rather mess up on a pick than hold the draft up for hours, it's not like $$$ is involved here. But, when I sent my 1st round list I did it with the belief that Chris Johnson would be well gone before the 13th pick....

I love Chris Johnson in that mix of what I consider 2nd tier RB's behind ADP, so no huge deal but....

Bottom line... I wanted WITTEN... In this format and this season with Dallas' WR situation, I think Witten is just going to be WAYYYYYY UP on a tier by himself....

And where Portis was taken, was a crime. WTF????

I've been saying or hearing the same thing about Westie in previous years.....Buckhalter, Moats, McNabb's rushing ability. Maybe this is the year he crashes. Portis was just plain theft. I would have taken him last round if Westbrook was gone.
Westy is a great RB. For at least a couple years I feel like he has had a permanent nagging injury. A high ankle sprain has been an injury that is grrr for FF in my experience. There's some red flares there for me.Barber is likely coming off the sideline this year while Felix starts. I assume he'll get the lion's share but what about the weeks Felix is "hot"? I don't agree with how Dallas uses their backs. That said, I do think Barber(who has never had 1000 yards rushing) needed to be dropped and was too high previously.All that said, I like your 3 for now.

With the quality of drafters in this league, I am totally shocked you guys let Portis slide to 3.05 for Bostonfred to grab. WTF? is right.

I don't think I've ever seen a better steal at that point in any draft on these boards. Great pick Fred!

Just my thoughts on it.

Good luck to all in this league!

12 Backs is definitely the fewest this year. WSL1 took 18 for the high, and the average for the leagues dropped as the year advanced
This has been a most interesting draft so far. A lot of picking for value instead of what is often a cya-minded flood of RB's early. Everybody seems to be allowing the draft to come to them--and some nice teams shaping up.
I was surprised to see so many TEs drafted so early. Is there some secret stat for them that I missed in the rules???
I don't remember being involved in any of these drafts where QB's were actually picked before TE's; maybe none where TE's didn't start until the second round.

When did Ronnie Brown rocket up draft boards? He went in the second round in both MBSLs so far, and was a top 12 RB taken. Not too long ago he was a target if you started out WR-WR.

:scared:

When did Ronnie Brown rocket up draft boards? He went in the second round in both MBSLs so far, and was a top 12 RB taken. Not too long ago he was a target if you started out WR-WR.

:coffee:
Come on Fred................are you hiding under a blanket?

With the quality of drafters in this league, I am totally shocked you guys let Portis slide to 3.05 for Bostonfred to grab. WTF? is right.

I don't think I've ever seen a better steal at that point in any draft on these boards. Great pick Fred!

Just my thoughts on it.

Good luck to all in this league!
Had Portis or Jacobs at the 3.04. Took Jacobs because I have a thing against Clinton Portis.Every since he struted on the DEN sidelines in his World Championship belt, proclaiming his self-serving greatness....since then, I've just not been able to see his name rostered or pick him to start. If I can't stand him, I can't draft him.

It's Neverland for Portis and me.

Gotta Love :shrug: fiddles pre-oc with IND RB's but what's his angle (?):

1) cuffing in the top five players equals an auto bye-weekness (6), coupled with

2) another bye week duplication (7) in the top four players, coupled with

3) a void at QB and TE.

This is called suicide for a reason. :(

Gotta Love :wub: fiddles pre-oc with IND RB's but what's his angle (?):

1) cuffing in the top five players equals an auto bye-weekness (6), coupled with

3) a void at QB and TE.

This is called suicide for a reason. :unsure:
this is like my 6th sl this offseasonfeel like going off the beaten path

GoBW, thanks for springing on this thread.

I did the deed in previous incarnations, adding the team's player distro's to the first post.

We discussed you doing that process and you had some Q's regarding the mechanics....so, I'll email you and see if we can work out the process for doing so.

I'd do it but I'm working :>) and don't have a good access pattern.

Gotta Love :lmao: fiddles pre-oc with IND RB's but what's his angle (?):

3) a void at QB and TE.

This is called suicide for a reason. :goodposting:
this is like my 6th sl this offseasonfeel like going off the beaten path
Fidds never take a TE early, at least I dont remember you grabbin one

I don't think I've ever picked at the turn in a 16 teamer (admittedly, my experience is sparse), so I'm sure some of my picks will seem odd. Looking back at this point, I think I should have taken Holmes instead of A Gonzales. ADP, Bowe, & Palmer were no-brainers where I chose them, IMO. Rice may have been a gamble, but I've had serious man-love for him when he was at Rutgers & he being a Raven now only increased it. His receiving has, by all camp accounts, has greatly improved - as has his blocking. I know there are other talented RBs on the squad, but the coaches and players are gushing about Rice this summer. I also realize that the Ravens were a FF player's nightmare with their RBs last year. But in a best-ball tourney like this, I think Rice will have some huge weeks even if he's not as consistent as some others.

I was all over Rice when he was drafted.

The Bio on him was his durability, that he was durable. So, I was all over him in contract Leagues but in order to do that, I had to pay a high price. Net was I payed a lot of attention to Rice: watched him play and made my call from there.

I ended up trading him away, basically making the call that he could not pay for his high contract price. My conclusion was that he was too small and that he was going to have make his living running through the tackles for four years (the term of his contract).

I felt that he could make a living catching the ball out of the back field but that on this team "the bruiser" would be closing out the games......smashing away protecting the leads in the second half and using McClain to do so.

Sell Rice, buy McClain was my conclusion after watching him play....not as much as you have but I saw enough to come to my conclusion....but, that's a dollar based contract League conclusion.

In redraft, in this format, he's worth what his draft position supports and you took him where you had to take him to get him....and, that's what the turn is all about. If you want him, he won't "be there" at the next turn.

Back now to the stinkinref:

1) when does he time out (?), and

2) can we mail in his pick (there's a 99% probability that he takes the one guy who's standing out like a sore thumb). :lmao:

does Anyone know stinkin ref? What really bugs me is that he was here earlier to post about Anarchy5 AND it was his turn AND I sent him a PM just in case he didn't get one earlier, and still NO pick

Wow I never noticed the 2 pt per reception for Tight Ends...

No wonder Witten went so early, I would of taken a TE in first round if I saw it.

Is there a reason for this? I think it's pretty lame when you have TEs like Gonzo and Witten catching as many balls as top flight WRs...

Would of been nice if this odd, yet major scoring fact had been more pronounced in the rules thread we had to go dig through...

Wow I never noticed the 2 pt per reception for Tight Ends...No wonder Witten went so early, I would of taken a TE in first round if I saw it.Is there a reason for this? I think it's pretty lame when you have TEs like Gonzo and Witten catching as many balls as top flight WRs...Would of been nice if this odd, yet major scoring fact had been more pronounced in the rules thread we had to go dig through...
Player Scoring:Passing TDs = 6 ptsRushing/receiving TDs = 6 pts1 pt per 20 yards passing1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving1 pt per reception (QB/RB/WR)2 pt per reception (TE)
Not sure how much prominent it should be. Bigger text on the line? No, it's fine as is.No. These leagues are in large part practice for your home money leagues. And if it trains you to completely read the rules to find advantages your competitors might not see, then BINGO, it worked.

Is there a reason for this? I think it's pretty lame when you have TEs like Gonzo and Witten and Olsen catching as many balls as top flight WRs...

Would of been nice if this odd, yet major scoring fact had been more pronounced in the rules thread we had to go dig through...
fixec

Wow I never noticed the 2 pt per reception for Tight Ends...

No wonder Witten went so early, I would of taken a TE in first round if I saw it.

Is there a reason for this? I think it's pretty lame when you have TEs like Gonzo and Witten catching as many balls as top flight WRs...

Yuppers...it sorts the chum from the sharks. Chicks dig wathcing our tight ends.I guess the other reason is to make the TE a worthwhile position. It really adds a complicating variable to this league, especially when we're 16 deep.

Old Mil just selected Lynch at 5.8. It took everything I had not to pull the trigger on him at 5.7. This is the kind of pick that can win a season for you, unfortunately i couldn't afford the luxuary with 2 RBs already roster and a week 4 bye conflict.

Old Mil just selected Lynch at 5.8. It took everything I had not to pull the trigger on him at 5.7. This is the kind of pick that can win a season for you, unfortunately i couldn't afford the luxuary with 2 RBs already roster and a week 4 bye conflict.
hard to gauge his value in a set up like this. He is a for sure zero for 4 of the first 5 games of the year. after that who knows.

hard to gauge his value in a set up like this. He is a for sure zero for 4 of the first 5 games of the year. after that who knows.
four of five???? suspended for first THREE games - in weeks four and five they play Miami and Cleveland

four of five???? suspended for first THREE games - in weeks four and five they play Miami and Cleveland
my bad i though buff had a week5 bye'

sorry for holding you fellas up before....softball tourney and many beers this weekend....realize its not an excuse...i will try to do better and please cut my alloted draft time if you need to....

bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
Captain Hook said:
bicycle_seat_sniffer said:
BassNBrew said:
my bad i though buff had a week5 bye'
I seen this repeated numerous times...something must be generating this.

BassNBrew said:
Damn. That's who I was targeting hoping for at 5.09. :mellow: Anyone else have problems logging onto the forums yesterday afternoon? I had no issues at the house with any other sites--nor with the home page--but everytime I tried to check the draft out from about noon through this morning it kept timing out and wouldn't let me on....

Checking now; will have a pick up directly.

Nice pick BSS.

This year would be so easy to start with WR/TE in the first three rounds and still have a nice looking team.

Nice pick BSS.This year would be so easy to start with WR/TE in the first three rounds and still have a nice looking team.
Thanks Bass, here is my base: RB - DeAngelo Williams(4), Willie Parker(8)WR - Brandon Marshall(7),DeShaun Jackson(4),TE - Dallas Clark(6),very flexible at this point, and ca ngo any direction.Every draft I do no matter the size or level of sharkdom it seems that you can wait on RB's and they always seem to be the best value on the board in the mid rounds.

Nice pick BSS.This year would be so easy to start with WR/TE in the first three rounds and still have a nice looking team.
Thanks Bass, here is my base: RB - DeAngelo Williams(4), Willie Parker(8)WR - Brandon Marshall(7),DeShaun Jackson(4),TE - Dallas Clark(6),very flexible at this point, and ca ngo any direction.Every draft I do no matter the size or level of sharkdom it seems that you can wait on RB's and they always seem to be the best value on the board in the mid rounds.
I really like this team except for Jackson. You may be right on him, but I don't see regular production with the competition for targets.

Man. I hate you guys :heart: You keep taking the players I'm trying to get. How the hell am I supposed to build a competitive team if youse guys keep taking my players, now stop it :angry: I'm beginning to believe the #11 spot is cursed. It's definitely a bad spot to be drafting from with 16 teams. I'd have rather been in the middle. Oh well, such is life. I'm tell ya though, I'm gonna put together a team that won't be gone after week one, count on it :shrug: You guys make it tough and I respect your drafting so I just gotta rack my brain a little harder to come up with half decent players. I will have to admit I think you guys have done a good job of drafting and made it tough for me, but that's ok, I'll get through it alright. I'm still enjoying the draft.

Crap, we ain't to the 6th round yet. I may have to draft Rae Carruth and hope he makes parole :heart:

I'm not gonna be around tonight & I'm way too far away from my next picks to send a predraft list to anyone, so if it does get to me tonight things may come to a screeching halt.

Apologies in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread