What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rate My Team Feature (1 Viewer)

I've run about a dozen mocks with the DD, trying to figure a good strategy when drafting 11th of 12. So far, the highest playoff % has been 75%, but it's been fun trying. Seems like the stud RB theory is the way to go, according to RMT.

Tale of two analysts here for me for same team:

Jason Wood says:

Bottom line:

•With great inseason management, we think you have about a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs.

•With good inseason management, we think you have about a 90 percent chance of making the playoffs.

•With average inseason management, we think you have a 83 percent chance of making the playoffs.

Maurile Tremblay says:

Bottom line:

•With great inseason management, we think you have about a 55 percent chance of making the playoffs.

•With good inseason management, we think you have about a 35 percent chance of making the playoffs.

•With average inseason management, we think you have a 17 percent chance of making the playoffs.

mega props to Dodds, et.al..

i am stunned at the programming genius demonstrated with this newest application. HUGE cool factor with the analysis. :goodposting:

thanks again.

Just want to add my props for Doug and this feature, and the rest of the staff whose analysis it also draws upon.

As a tool, it goes above and beyond -- as other posters said, it isn't a simple report card with fluff. It certainly draws from the core FBG analysis, but also gives other expert opinion from different angles, giving a well-rounded view. It is also surprisingly prescriptive in terms of team management, both immediately post-draft and beyond with free agent suggestions, etc.

From a technical standpoint, this is nearly as seamless as it gets in terms of importing data, then delivery in a neat and very user-friendly way. Works like any toolk should -- without the user having to do anything but click a few buttons. That it populates the report so well -- and immediately -- with both fantastic stats (schedule analysis from a team and individual perspective, historical data, projections) and write-ups is testament to the amazing amount of work that must have been put into setting the architecture up for this.

Not only has FBGs created an enormously helpful and fun toolt that works perfectly, they have done what any service should try to do -- exceed customer need and expectation, which they have done enormously here. This just adds to this site's competitive advantage, and deservedly so.

Well done!

Just checked post-draft, 10 of the 12 teams in the league are more than 50% likely to make the playoffs with Average management.

Just checked post-draft, 10 of the 12 teams in the league are more than 50% likely to make the playoffs with Average management.
Is that a complaint? I think that is probably how most leagues are. There is a pretty big luck component involved in all of this of course.I also think this is a pretty sweet feature. I especially like the rec for adding a DEF by committee and it even lists out the schedules for each def if you were to add them.

how many make the playoffs of the 12? I agree the percentages seem way overly optimistic for this ap. Having said that it IS a pretty sweet application.

This really is an awesome feature. I realize anyone drafting with FBG projections against those drafting from different projections will always be given a high rating, but who cares? It's just so COOL.......

Considering this is a first year release, tremendous tool. I think its a handy reference to keep around when you make any roster moves (bye week suggestions, combo defenses, etc).

how many make the playoffs of the 12? I agree the percentages seem way overly optimistic for this ap. Having said that it IS a pretty sweet application.
Yeah, optimistic is one way to put it. 8 of the 12 are 70% or better to make the playoffs, and we don't send that many. I know I'm not entering data about the other teams against each other, just one at a time, but something isn't jiving inside.

What's the lowest % chance anyone is seeing for their team to make the playoffs? Just curious.
I'm going through the rest of my league now.Worst one I have found so far is an upside of 40%...it gives ranges so this range is 40/25/4...worst so far.Starts out "Let us say this as nicely as we can. This team is brutal. It is below average and/or too thin at all three core positions (quarterback, running back and receiver).":goodposting:
Finding the right balance on this was tough. We knew one of the first things people would do would be to enter a terrible team and see if we blew sunshine at them. So we knew we had to be honest. On the other hand, we want to be careful and not act like we're the final word on anything and tell a guy his team is terrible when he thinks it's good. We settled on the format we came up with and I feel pretty good about it. Clearly, it's slanted toward our rankings as the report is how WE think you drafted. There really isn't any other way to do that. But the thing that pleases me the most was how readable it is. I too was worried about it sounding like a "mad libs" thing and Doug and David and the guys did a fantastic job with that. Really very pleased with it.Thanks to you guys that are helping spread the word. If you don't mind sharing the app with your friends, that is hugely appreciated as it helps us in a big way. Thanks.J

I tried this out after my draft this weekend and in a word it was....AWESOME. Not so much for the evaluation of the team because I have a good idea of how good my team is and where the strengths and weaknesses are but the links to all the additional infomation, news, projected hot/cold starts, etc..

If you haven't tried it out yet I'd HIGHLY recommend you spend 10 minutes and do it.

What's the lowest % chance anyone is seeing for their team to make the playoffs? Just curious.
I'm going through the rest of my league now.Worst one I have found so far is an upside of 40%...it gives ranges so this range is 40/25/4...worst so far.Starts out "Let us say this as nicely as we can. This team is brutal. It is below average and/or too thin at all three core positions (quarterback, running back and receiver).":confused:
Finding the right balance on this was tough. We knew one of the first things people would do would be to enter a terrible team and see if we blew sunshine at them. So we knew we had to be honest. On the other hand, we want to be careful and not act like we're the final word on anything and tell a guy his team is terrible when he thinks it's good. We settled on the format we came up with and I feel pretty good about it. Clearly, it's slanted toward our rankings as the report is how WE think you drafted. There really isn't any other way to do that. But the thing that pleases me the most was how readable it is. I too was worried about it sounding like a "mad libs" thing and Doug and David and the guys did a fantastic job with that. Really very pleased with it.Thanks to you guys that are helping spread the word. If you don't mind sharing the app with your friends, that is hugely appreciated as it helps us in a big way. Thanks.J
I did our complete draft in DD and emailed a couple of the non Footballguys users the ratings of their teams. They were quite impressed.

nice start for a new app.

a couple of things maybe for next year. As has been mentioned, more reasonable expectations. It would also be nice to have a percentage for below average team management. In this day and age of the internet fewer and fewer people are showing up at my drafts with outdated FF magazines. As a result of that, teams are drafting better because of better cheat sheets based on more up to date information. A decent percentage of these people, however, still lack the time and effort to make decent waiver wire moves (at least in my league anyway) Poor team management is what often seperates them after a decent draft.

Even if you just use the app to see your matchups put in a nice chart for you it is well worth your time. Seeing where your players at a particular position as a group several weeks in a row without having to do the tedious legwork is sweet.

One issue I have with it though is sometimes when I use the app, it returns a message that says not enough players are selected and gives no results. I am importing the teams from both DD nad MFL so I know there are enough players. Trying it again using the same process always provides results the second time.

I'm going through the rest of my league now.Worst one I have found so far is an upside of 40%...it gives ranges so this range is 40/25/4...worst so far.Starts out "Let us say this as nicely as we can. This team is brutal. It is below average and/or too thin at all three core positions (quarterback, running back and receiver).":goodposting:
In my defense I was going with the "Kicker early and often" strategy. We shall see who has the last laugh!

I tried this out after my draft this weekend and in a word it was....AWESOME. Not so much for the evaluation of the team because I have a good idea of how good my team is and where the strengths and weaknesses are but the links to all the additional infomation, news, projected hot/cold starts, etc.. If you haven't tried it out yet I'd HIGHLY recommend you spend 10 minutes and do it.
and if you did your draft with DD you can do it directly from there without putting in all the players. It is located at the bottom of the team data window.

I did our complete draft in DD and emailed a couple of the non Footballguys users the ratings of their teams. They were quite impressed.
:lmao: Thank you so much. I know some people want to never share the site but it's a gigantic help to us when folks do this like you did. Thanks a lot.J

I've also been passing these along to those in my league that I think will enjoy it. Basically any of the guys that I know have spent several hours just looking at their team since we drafted Saturday.

If next year there could be a league analysis feature out of DD, that would be the sickest. Top team wrt making playoffs? Worst team? League's strength as a whole?

:excited: Thank you so much. I know some people want to never share the site but it's a gigantic help to us when folks do this like you did. Thanks a lot.J
I am pretty sure most of our owners come here but I am thinking of sending it out to all of them anyway. If I encourage groupthink it should be easier to take advantage of them!

I just sent out the results to 4 of my draft teams. They liked it allot.

Very cool feature. (proably like it the best because it gives me a 99% chance to make the playoffs and the other teams i checked were only 85% at best)

I just sent out the results to 4 of my draft teams. They liked it allot. Very cool feature. (proably like it the best because it gives me a 99% chance to make the playoffs and the other teams i checked were only 85% at best)
:goodposting: Thanks a lot.J

Wow. I am not a computer programmer, but I do a have a pretty good knowledge of computers. This is a cool freakin program.

Is there some option you have to do in MFL to make this work? I have one league that shows a link, but one that doesn't.

I did this for every team in my league and posted it. A lot of good feedback so far, pretty cool feature.

It should also cut down on the "Please se mine!" posts. Double win = :thumbup:

I did this for every team in my league and posted it. A lot of good feedback so far, pretty cool feature.It should also cut down on the "Please se mine!" posts. Double win = :shrug:
I also did this but I cut and pasted a lot to keep my league mates from finding where I get my info. I also added a few of my own quotes--:languagefilter: that got some pretty good laughs. They thought I spent a lot of time doing it. If they only knew.

I like it since it says all my teams are locks for the playoffs.

In seriousness, I do like the defense committee suggestions, and the red/green matchup charts.

Love the feature but this one had me stumped

The Steelers are probably not a difference-maker at defense, but they should be OK.
Did anyone get better than "ok" on the defense?

Think it's real cool too!But often I get the "come on enter a real team..."... .even when I do....
If you import from the draft dominator, make sure that the max allowed at each position adds up to the roster limit at the end.In other words, if you have a 20 round draft, but have QB Mx = 4, RB Max = 8, WR Max = 9, TE Max =3, Def Max =2, PK Max =2 then you will get this error because Rate My Team is 28 players. Just tweak the set up at the end in DD, before clicking the Rate My Team and you will be good

Is that a complaint? I think that is probably how most leagues are. There is a pretty big luck component involved in all of this of course.I also think this is a pretty sweet feature. I especially like the rec for adding a DEF by committee and it even lists out the schedules for each def if you were to add them.
exactly. every team is 50/50. they either make it or they dont.

Think it's real cool too!But often I get the "come on enter a real team..."... .even when I do....
If you import from the draft dominator, make sure that the max allowed at each position adds up to the roster limit at the end.In other words, if you have a 20 round draft, but have QB Mx = 4, RB Max = 8, WR Max = 9, TE Max =3, Def Max =2, PK Max =2 then you will get this error because Rate My Team is 28 players. Just tweak the set up at the end in DD, before clicking the Rate My Team and you will be good
ah got it (and thank you).

If you have keepers, RMT doesnt seem to take those into account. When coming up with the max players.

Cat is out of the bag in my league now also but the good thing is, more than half my league-mates would rather spend 8 bucks on a magazine printed in May.

some of the stuff this thing comes up with makes me blink

A bit odd to name your team after the Steelers and then not take any of them. But we're sure you have your reasons. On to the analysis...

Users who are viewing this thread