What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you feel about Cutler now? (current info on pg 46) (2 Viewers)

Jay is who we thought he was.

Great arm, terrible footwork, decision making that gets exponentially bad when he gets hit early and/or tosses a pick.

#######it I ####### hate this ##########. Started him the last 2 weeks. Decided to bench him today. I would have won if I played him and now I'm probably out of the playoffs.. ####### inconsistent ####.

For the fantasy playoffs cutler has Dallas at home Thursday night, New Orleans at home Monday night, and championship week at home vs Detriot.

#######it I ####### hate this ##########. Started him the last 2 weeks. Decided to bench him today. I would have won if I played him and now I'm probably out of the playoffs.. ####### inconsistent ####.
Imagine how the people who's livelyhood depend on him feel.

One of the limitations of instant replay was demonstrated on Sunday in Chicago, where Jay Cutler fumbled, only to have the officials wrongly rule it an incomplete pass — and to have the referee unable to do anything about it on a replay rule.

As explained by NFL head of officiating Dean Blandino in a video distributed by the league, players on the field stopped when they heard an official blow a whistle for what he thought was an incomplete pass by Cutler. Replays clearly showed that Cutler had fumbled, not thrown a pass, but that didn’t matter because if the players stopped playing when they heard an official blow a play dead, there’s nothing instant replay reviews can do about it.

On paper, Cutler should light it up today.

Don't see how I sit him.

That said, I just can't envision a situation where I"m not throwing something at the TV.

Is it too much to ask for Cutler to NOT fumble twice in a game?

Interesting take on Cutler matchup today. Note cover 2 zone vs. man to man analysis and mention of a "trap" game.

"I own a ton of Jay Cutler shares and was as pleased as anyone to see him back rolling in last week's win over Minnesota. Cutler did throw a pair of WTF picks, but was lethal targeting Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall at the intermediate and vertical levels, picking apart overmatched Vikings LCB Josh Robinson. At the same time, I think this week sets up as a potential trap for FanDuelers considering twirling Cutler. Whereas Vikings coach Mike Zimmer made the mistake of playing Chicago's plus-sized wideouts in constant man coverage, you can be sureLovie Smith's Buccaneers will show them heavy Cover 2 zone. A "see-it, throw-it" quarterback as opposed to an anticipation passer, Cutler has long preyed on man coverage and struggled against zone. No one knows this better than Lovie after spending four seasons as Cutler's head coach. Cutler is a fantasy QB1 squaring off with a Bucs team that ranks 30th in Football Outsiders' pass-defense DVOA, but I wouldn't invest big money in him this week. ... "

Interesting take on Cutler matchup today. Note cover 2 zone vs. man to man analysis and mention of a "trap" game.

"I own a ton of Jay Cutler shares and was as pleased as anyone to see him back rolling in last week's win over Minnesota. Cutler did throw a pair of WTF picks, but was lethal targeting Alshon Jeffery and Brandon Marshall at the intermediate and vertical levels, picking apart overmatched Vikings LCB Josh Robinson. At the same time, I think this week sets up as a potential trap for FanDuelers considering twirling Cutler. Whereas Vikings coach Mike Zimmer made the mistake of playing Chicago's plus-sized wideouts in constant man coverage, you can be sureLovie Smith's Buccaneers will show them heavy Cover 2 zone. A "see-it, throw-it" quarterback as opposed to an anticipation passer, Cutler has long preyed on man coverage and struggled against zone. No one knows this better than Lovie after spending four seasons as Cutler's head coach. Cutler is a fantasy QB1 squaring off with a Bucs team that ranks 30th in Football Outsiders' pass-defense DVOA, but I wouldn't invest big money in him this week. ... "
what a call. Saw this and immediately changed my FanDuel line-up. Not that my current one is doing much better. :P

I don't know what to do I'm stuck with this guy heading into the playoffs. If I make it to week 16 no way I start him vs Detriot. Would rather start a ww QB than him verse a good defense

Rotoworld:

Jay Cutler completed 31-of-49 passes for 280 yards, two touchdowns and two interceptions in Chicago's 34-17, Week 13 loss to the Lions.

Cutler got off to a hot start, tossing both of his scores in the first quarter, but couldn't sustain it as the Bears tried to dink and dunk against the Lions' fearsome defense. Any sack or penalty essentially killed a Bears drive this afternoon. Cutler's first pick was to a tightly-covered Brandon Marshall, and should have never left his hand. Cutler was literally fading away off his back foot. His second was a pointless, desperation heave as time expired on the Bears' latest dispiriting loss. Cutler is not the main problem for a Bears team that's far-too often out-competed, but he hasn't been helping, either. He'll be a borderline QB1 against the Cowboys next Thursday.

Nov 27 - 3:59 PM

God help me... I am starting Cutler in one league and Romo in another league in the first round of the playoffs on Thursday night. That sounds like the opening to a "guy walks into a bar" joke. What do you figure.... each guy throws 5 INTs and the game ends 3-0? At least the weather looks good.

:scared:

Jonathan Football and Colt McCoy are available in both leagues. I'm wondering if either of them would make a better start.

He's not going anywhere with Clausen waiting in the wings. The OC boy wouldn't be a QB2 for any other team in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that it no longer helps the Bears much, I expect Cutler to close out the season pretty well.

So that next year we enjoy another preseason hype of "no NOW he isn't reckless anymore," etc.

Steeler said:
My choices are Cutler, Sanchez and I picked up K. Orton last week... how bad had Cutler been that I'm considering Orton on the road and Sanchez against SEA?
I can't hold the suspense any longer. I'm going with Cutler... because I know everyone cares about my team.

Users who are viewing this thread