What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you feel about Cutler now? (current info on pg 46) (2 Viewers)

Espn wrote something up today as well:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12035907/why-chicago-bears-virtually-stuck-qb-jay-cutler-nfl

Not sure if you are insiders but worth a read if you are.
This is interesting.if the Bears did release Cutler after this season, whatever salary he earned from his next team in 2015 would be subtracted from Chicago's $15.5 million commitment to him, with cap savings deferred. For example, if another team paid $5 million to Cutler in 2015, then the Bears would owe him $10.5 million, , softening the financial blow for the team. The same provision exists for the $10 million in guarantees for the 2016 season.

i think there's a chance he's gone. The benching could be a signal.

The problem, of course is that they have noone to replace him.
I'm sure there are quite a few teams at least that would take him. Jets, Tenn, Wash, TB, Cle, Hou, SF, maybe even STL.
please put him in NY on the Jets. :lmao:

Cutler has the potential to be a current Brady
I would like to put my foot through the internet and kick you in the balls for that.to put this in perspective, cutler has more picks than both off-the-marcus russell and derek anderson, while only 2 fewer than league leading jake delhomme, after coming in only behind pick machine brett favre last year.couple that with 7 fumbles (I believe league leader has 8).orton doesn't have a single pick all year, unless you count the hail mary.cutler currently has only 3 fewer picks in 7 games than tom brady's high for an entire season.
Jay Cutler's career interception percentage is the exact same as Brett Favre's career interception percentage and a full 2.2% lower than Terry Bradshaw's career interception percentage. Jay Cutler has as many passing yards in 3 and a half years as Terry Bradshaw had through seven years.Jay Cutler is on pace to set all-time Bears single season passing yards record and all-time Bears single season completions marks this year, his first with the club.Jay has lost one fumble this year. Peyton Manning had 23 interceptions in his fourth year in the league. Dan Marino had 23 in his fourth year. Brett Favre had more than 20 interceptions in six seasons. Terry Bradshaw had 20+ in five seasons.
Where it all started. Gold.
:goodposting: :lmao:
Oh it gets better, gb. Start here, the rest of that page is fantastic.

that knucklehead couldn't run a martz offense if you gave him 10 yrs to study.

no confidence + crappy decision making + martz = record setting picks

although, martz trestman would probably just bench him and call in some 3rd string dude from one of his previous teams before it came to that.

1/2/2014: Signed a seven-year, $126.7 million contract. The deal contains $54 million guaranteed -- each of Cutler's first three base salaries. There was no signing bonus. 2014: $17.5 million (+ $5 million "signing" bonus), 2015: $15.5 million, 2016: $16 million, 2017: $12.5 million (+ $2.5 million in per-game roster bonuses), 2018: $13.5 million (+ $2.5 million in per-game roster bonuses), 2019: $17.5 million (+ $2.5 million in per-game roster bonuses), 2020: $19.2 million (+ $2.5 million in per-game roster bonuses), 2021: Free Agent
what if they converted some 2015 + 16 salary to bonus prior to a trade --- some team might take him if those numbers were shaved down a bit, and the bears could just eat some cash

Well logically it only makes sense after this that youre cleanin house, staff, Cutler, Phillips, maybe Emery, bring in a football czar to run the whole show.

But this is the Bears. They could well embarrass Cutler by benching him for a guy they KNOW isnt the future, and promptly keep Cutler for next year. Because this organization does not understand how leadership works on a fundamental level.
yuuuup

Conclusion: There is genuine disbelief inside #Bears' locker room that Cutler got benched & Aaron Kromer only received slap on the wrist.

Cutler has his share of detractors, but plenty inside the locker room are confused and uncomfortable with how these situations were handled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Conclusion: There is genuine disbelief inside #Bears' locker room that Cutler got benched & Aaron Kromer only received slap on the wrist.

Cutler has his share of detractors, but plenty inside the locker room are confused and uncomfortable with how these situations were handled.
now they know how cutty feels in the pocket every week

ba-zing!!

Would the plenty be the offense or defense under performers?

who is this conclusion coming from?

flapgreen said:
ditka311 said:
flapgreen said:

who is this conclusion coming from?
Jeff Dickerson. Bears writer
Familiar with JD. Thanks.

Raider Nation said:
Why on earth would anyone want this headache? So sick of hearing about his arm talent. Great... he's got a strong arm.

He's also a turnover machine with the added bonus of being a pouting diva who looks like he couldn't possibly care less about improving his game.
1. His Arm talent

2. Coaches are arrogant enough to believe they can change him

3. Teams are desperate

There's not a doubt in my mind some team will bail out the Bears here. It only takes 1.

Raider Nation said:
Why on earth would anyone want this headache? So sick of hearing about his arm talent. Great... he's got a strong arm.

He's also a turnover machine with the added bonus of being a pouting diva who looks like he couldn't possibly care less about improving his game.
There are only (maybe) half a dozen QB's that have it ALL and can take a franchise to the Super Bowl. Probably an equal amount that are just short of awful... borderline out of the league awful.

Jeff George Jay Cutler is better than that last bunch, so he'll keep getting rostered until he can no longer throw the deep out in off-season workouts.

I am not a huge Cutler guy, but as a Sammy Watkins owner I would welcome him with open arms to be the starting qb of the Bills.
Why?

Personally I would want the Bills to go after someone that is more of a long term option that the two can grow around each other if I was a Watkins owner or Bills fan. You can't learn a new offence every 1-2 years for 10 years and still be productive can you? Will this next move be like 6 offences since college?

Cutler is the #7 QB in my league and my backup is Cam Newton Derek Anderson, so yep I'm starting him. Actually I do have Johnny Football.....hmmm....
did you go with cutty or johnny foosball?
I went Cutler and once again he was adequate because of garbage time. This week, not sure.

EDIT:I have Claussen, so my choices this week could Clausen, Manziel and Derek Anderson. That's actually funny to me, almost hoping for it. Haven't ruled out Johnny Football yet. I know, I'm dumb.

Wish Cleveland would trade Johnny for Cutler
That's got to be the most damning indictment of Johnny JamBoogie ever. But you're right, he would be a huge upgrade at QB for the Browns. Too bad Cutler isn't a winner, so it really doesn't help the Factory of Sadness in the end.

I could see them signing him as a FA though. When do they need to cut him by to save money?
not really a great option, but it costs them $10MM more if they hold onto him through March 12th.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2014-12-18/jay-cutler-contract-salary-cap-release-trade-options-bears-guaranteed-money-benched-clausen-trestman-emery

if they cut him prior to March 12th, it costs them $19.5MM against the cap and $16.5MM in cash (minus whatever he gets in a new deal I guess).

if he's still a Bear after March 12th, $10MM of his $16MM 2016 salary also is guaranteed.

much better for them if they can find any team to take on this horrible contract in a trade. maybe they should offer up other picks/players as a sweetener.

Send him to the Texans. Not because its a great fit or a good move or anything.

I just want to see Andre Johnson play with a QB ONE TIME who has an arm stronger than mine.

I would love to see Cutler reunited with Lovie down in Tampa.
Why do you hate the Bucs?
He would be an upgrade over the current QBs but no team is going to be willing to take on the that enormous contract.I could see them signing him as a FA though. When do they need to cut him by to save money?
If ultimately your goal as a team is to win the Super Bowl, as it should be, then Jay Cutler should not be an option.

Rotoworld:

Speaking Thursday, Bears coach Marc Trestman left the door open for benched QB Jay Cutler to start in Week 17.

"This is for this week," Trestman said. "We're not going any farther than our preparation for Detroit." Trestman is clearly trying to keep Cutler's spirits up, but barring a total face-plant from Jimmy Clausen, we'd expect Cutler to remain on the pine for Week 17. Trestman went on to say he believed Cutler could be "revived" from the benching, hinting he's expected to remain the team's quarterback in 2015. That's probably an honest belief, but it's unlikely to be Trestman's decision to make. Clausen doesn't give the Bears a better chance to win than Cutler, but leading the league in turnovers and regressing on a weekly basis, Cutler has little room to complain about being benched.

Related: Jimmy Clausen

Source: Rich Campbell on Twitter
Dec 18 - 3:05 PM

Users who are viewing this thread