Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Kool-Aid Larry

How do you feel about Cutler now? (current info on pg 46)

Recommended Posts

Adam Schefter– 

@AdamSchefter

Bears are releasing QB Jay Cutler, per sources. Cutler asked for and was granted his release this morning. Now a free agent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not sure why people really want to bag on this guy for whats going on right now....so he's chillin naked at a resort with one of the hottest wives around....dude may not be a great teammate and people don't like how he carries himself, but he is just trying to figure out if he still wants to play or not.....nothing wrong with that....we should all be so lucky...he has banked enough money to have a happy life filled with raising kids, playing golf, and hanging out naked with a hot wife at nice resorts....we all want him to have that burning desire, but maybe football is more of just a job or hobby for him....who cares, he is still probably more qualified than most for one of only 32 jobs on the planet....there are several teams who should be interested in his services, as long as you know what you are getting going in.....Jay may figure it out and decide he wants to give it another go, or he may not....he doesn't seem to really care what other people think....he'd be a week 1 starter for many teams right now.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2017 at 2:07 PM, Stinkin Ref said:

not sure why people really want to bag on this guy for whats going on right now....so he's chillin naked at a resort with one of the hottest wives around....dude may not be a great teammate and people don't like how he carries himself, but he is just trying to figure out if he still wants to play or not.....nothing wrong with that....we should all be so lucky...he has banked enough money to have a happy life filled with raising kids, playing golf, and hanging out naked with a hot wife at nice resorts....we all want him to have that burning desire, but maybe football is more of just a job or hobby for him....who cares, he is still probably more qualified than most for one of only 32 jobs on the planet....there are several teams who should be interested in his services, as long as you know what you are getting going in.....Jay may figure it out and decide he wants to give it another go, or he may not....he doesn't seem to really care what other people think....he'd be a week 1 starter for many teams right now.....

Wow. This is the most thought out and accurate response in this thread.  Jay is a different kind if guy. Has a famous wife who travels a lot and has multiple kids.  He has a right like anyone else to decide what he wants to do in life.  Maybe he just wants to raise his kids. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you notice, the teammates who complain about Jay are the ones who have complained about everyone. He's laid it all out there for years. He could just be sick of it.  Probably been playing since he was a little kid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2017 at 8:04 AM, flapgreen said:

Wow. This is the most thought out and accurate response in this thread.  Jay is a different kind if guy. Has a famous wife who travels a lot and has multiple kids.  He has a right like anyone else to decide what he wants to do in life.  Maybe he just wants to raise his kids. 

Please say you're being sarcastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2017 at 10:04 AM, flapgreen said:

Wow. This is the most thought out and accurate response in this thread.  Jay is a different kind if guy. Has a famous wife who travels a lot and has multiple kids.  He has a right like anyone else to decide what he wants to do in life.  Maybe he just wants to raise his kids. 

Not that it's necessarily wrong, but it's funny that we've gone from "he's hanging out naked at a resort" to "he's taking care of his kids". 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -OZ- said:

Not that it's necessarily wrong, but it's funny that we've gone from "he's hanging out naked at a resort" to "he's taking care of his kids". 

Looks like he is doing whatever he wants (including raising kids and making more kids with his hot wife) and there is no indication that he is returning to football. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does anyone care anymore?  I'm starting to think fans are stressing out more about his career than he is.  Let the man go and do his thing.  If I were him I'd retire happy right now.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Why does anyone care anymore?  I'm starting to think fans are stressing out more about his career than he is.  Let the man go and do his thing.  If I were him I'd retire happy right now.

And, even if he plays this year it isn't going to matter to most of us.   It's not like he is going to be a starter in FF.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2017 at 10:04 AM, flapgreen said:

 He has a right like anyone else to decide what he wants to do in life.  Maybe he just wants to raise his kids. 

 

He can start by vaccinating his damn kids, instead of being a fool, like his wife (among other idiot anti-vaxxer celebrities, eg. Jenny McCarthy).  Their opinion, is harmful to their kids and others (even if other kids/adults have been vaccinated in the past due to mutations).  They continue to push their false, incorrect, and misinformed narrative that vaccinations can lead to autism.  That has been debunked in numerous studies, multiple times.  It's people like this guy, who are going to be responsible for bringing back previous eradicated diseases.

Have a great retirement Jay.  Vaccinate your damn kids and please get a vasectomy pronto.  Thanks!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, -OZ- said:

Not that it's necessarily wrong, but it's funny that we've gone from "he's hanging out naked at a resort" to "he's taking care of his kids". 

The naked picture at the resort is pretty freaking weird.  I know a friend of Jay's and even he thinks it's strange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

I will remember him as an absolute warrior on the gridiron whose teammates rallied around like no other leader before him.

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wooters said:

 

He can start by vaccinating his damn kids, instead of being a fool, like his wife (among other idiot anti-vaxxer celebrities, eg. Jenny McCarthy).  Their opinion, is harmful to their kids and others (even if other kids/adults have been vaccinated in the past due to mutations).  They continue to push their false, incorrect, and misinformed narrative that vaccinations can lead to autism.  That has been debunked in numerous studies, multiple times.  It's people like this guy, who are going to be responsible for bringing back previous eradicated diseases.

Have a great retirement Jay.  Vaccinate your damn kids and please get a vasectomy pronto.  Thanks!

Oh come on! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Wooters said:

 

He can start by vaccinating his damn kids, instead of being a fool, like his wife (among other idiot anti-vaxxer celebrities, eg. Jenny McCarthy).  Their opinion, is harmful to their kids and others (even if other kids/adults have been vaccinated in the past due to mutations).  They continue to push their false, incorrect, and misinformed narrative that vaccinations can lead to autism.  That has been debunked in numerous studies, multiple times.  It's people like this guy, who are going to be responsible for bringing back previous eradicated diseases.

Have a great retirement Jay.  Vaccinate your damn kids and please get a vasectomy pronto.  Thanks!

I agree with the vaccinating part but seems a bit off the wall for this forum.  As far as I know it all has to do with his wife and not him.  Like most husbands, we just do what our wife's want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2017 at 3:40 PM, Hawkeye21 said:

Why does anyone care anymore?  I'm starting to think fans are stressing out more about his career than he is.  

Your starting to?

A lot of us felt like the fans stressed about his career more than Cutler has for quite some time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I agree with the vaccinating part but seems a bit off the wall for this forum.  As far as I know it all has to do with his wife and not him.  Like most husbands, we just do what our wife's want.

God that's pathetic. Something like taking out the trash or what color to paint a wall, but with serious issues like that, if you're doing what your wife wants you might as well cut your balls off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to veer away from the fantasy-relevant vaccination debate, but when it comes to Cutler's future, are there any teams that would really be a "fit" for him?

Assume he's not going to play unless it's for a potential winner (from the outside, doesn't seem like he has a burning desire to play "no matter what"), do the offensive systems of any quarterback-needy teams fit his skill set?

Houston missed on Romo...take a chance on Jay? He does have a strong arm.

I'd guess San Fran and Cleveland are off the table for him (regardless of whether they'd be interested in him), but how about Washington? If Cousins is traded (big "if"), possible fit? 

All essentially a moot point until after the draft, but still a fascinating player. Reminds me of Jeff George when it comes to talent combined with weird "what's-with-this-guy?" mentality that had teams keep their distance.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2017 at 1:46 PM, Tool said:

God that's pathetic. Something like taking out the trash or what color to paint a wall, but with serious issues like that, if you're doing what your wife wants you might as well cut your balls off.

It's pathetic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2017 at 2:21 PM, Rodrigo Duterte said:

I will remember him as an absolute warrior on the gridiron whose teammates rallied around like no other leader before him.

I recently installed a sarcasm detector on my computer.

In totally unrelated news, my computer just exploded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

ESPN Bears reporter Jeff Dickerson expects free agent Jay Cutler to retire.

Dickerson lays out a pretty reasonable case. Battered throughout his career, Cutler has banked over $100 million in earnings, and isn't drawing interest from contending teams. The fact that Cutler has yet to officially call it quits suggests he's waiting for someone better than the Jets to call, but it's unlikely to happen. The No. 11 overall pick of the 2006 draft turns 34 later this month.
 
 
Source: ESPN Chicago 
Apr 17 - 3:06 PM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Faust said:

 

I doubt the Jets called.

i could see a contending team reach or if their qb suffers an injury but that might be his only hope at this point to keep playing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Faust said:

 

Dickerson is the biggest Cutler hater in Chicago and wrong more than he's right.  Jay may retire, but Dickerson doesn't know ####. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Free agent Jay Cutler's player rep says he's not considering retirement.

"Jay wants to play football," were the words of Bus Cook. "He never has mentioned retirement to me. Jay Cutler, as far as I know, is ready to play and wants to play, and his skill set is as good as any quarterback in the league." Cook, who represented Brett Favre, certainly knows retiring quarterbacks. It's a good time for Cutler to get the message out, as he will be an option for teams that miss out/select a project in this week's draft. The Texans would be Cutler's best-case scenario, but there's been no indication they're considering the longtime Bear.
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was so pumped when the Bears traded for this guy, I even went to the home opener vs the Steelers. That was my one and only live NFL game in Chicago and it was a blast of a weekend. With that said, he was one of the most frustrating and polarising player I have ever seen, the fan base has been bruised badly from the JC era. Gifted in terms of physical ability, but the guy couldn't lead a 2 car parade down a dirt road! 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, candian fantasy guy said:

I was so pumped when the Bears traded for this guy, I even went to the home opener vs the Steelers. That was my one and only live NFL game in Chicago and it was a blast of a weekend. With that said, he was one of the most frustrating and polarising player I have ever seen, the fan base has been bruised badly from the JC era. Gifted in terms of physical ability, but the guy couldn't lead a 2 car parade down a dirt road! 

 

Jay is evidence that you can't tell anything from the college the guy plays for.  Meaning - I had assumed that by his attending Vanderbilt, one of the best schools in the country, that he would be smarter than the average player.  I've rarely been so wrong. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -OZ- said:

Jay is evidence that you can't tell anything from the college the guy plays for.  Meaning - I had assumed that by his attending Vanderbilt, one of the best schools in the country, that he would be smarter than the average player.  I've rarely been so wrong. 

Wait, are you trying to say he's not smart because of his decision making abilities on the field?  Most of the turnovers I've seen him make were due to being overconfident in his abilities and forcing passes or holding on to the ball to long.  I don't thing he's a dumb person at all.

If we're going by what I think you're logic is then Fitzpatrick isn't all that smart either even though he went to Harvard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Wait, are you trying to say he's not smart because of his decision making abilities on the field?  Most of the turnovers I've seen him make were due to being overconfident in his abilities and forcing passes or holding on to the ball to long.  I don't thing he's a dumb person at all.

If we're going by what I think you're logic is then Fitzpatrick isn't all that smart either even though he went to Harvard.

No, I'm more referring to his stupidity off the field.  Or maybe it's just his attitude but throughout his career he seems like a dumb ###.  

Fitz otoh is one of the most intelligent people in sports. Just can't get it done on the field. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, -OZ- said:

No, I'm more referring to his stupidity off the field.  Or maybe it's just his attitude but throughout his career he seems like a dumb ###.  

Fitz otoh is one of the most intelligent people in sports. Just can't get it done on the field. 

I guess I've never seen or heard of anything Jay has done to seem like he's dumb.  The only thing I can think of is the whole non-vaccinating thing.  That's pretty dumb.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports free agent QB Jay Cutler is "exploring a post-football career in broadcasting."

Cutler's rep said the quarterback is not considering retirement, but his actions suggest otherwise. Garafolo reports Cutler and his reps "have spoken with network executives about football-related TV roles" with the quarterback even auditioning for "at least one network in recent weeks." ESPN's Jeff Dickerson reports that network was FOX. Seemingly unwilling to accept a backup job, Cutler could follow Tony Romo into the broadcast booth this fall.
 
 
Source: NFL.com 
May 4 - 11:34 AM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just saw on sleeperbot:

Jay Cutler announces retirement and will join NFLonfox because he couldn't make NFLonthefield.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Free agent QB Jay Cutler announced his retirement from the NFL after 11 seasons.

Cutler will follow Tony Romo into broadcasting, with Cutler joining FOX Sports. He'll be in the booth on Sundays with Kevin Burkhardt and Charles Davis. Burkhardt is FOX's No. 2 play-by-play man behind Joe Buck. As for Cutler, word is he wanted to continue his playing career, but simply didn't draw any interest. Drafted by the Broncos in a trade-up in 2006, he spent three years in Denver before demanding a trade when Josh McDaniels was hired. He was sent to the Bears for Kyle Orton and a couple first-rounders. Cutler played eight seasons in Chicago. He went 68-71 in his career, throwing for 32,467 yards and a 208:146 TD:INT ratio. Cutler made one Pro Bowl and went to the playoffs just once. We bet he'd come back to play if a team called his phone.
Related: BearsBroncos
 
 
May 5 - 9:14 AM

 

Edited by Faust

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, free agent Jay Cutler had previously talked with the Jets and Texans before ultimately retiring on Friday.

As Schefter puts it, the discussions with the Jets were "real," but the talks with Houston were "less promising." There was a report last weekend that the Texans weren't even picking up Cutler's phone calls prior to the draft, and once they drafted Deshaun Watson that sealed Cutler's fate. In a statement Friday, Cutler said he's in between being forced out of the league and not having the desire to keep playing. If a team calls him this season with the opportunity to start, Cutler would probably jump at the situation as long as he's still in playing shape.
Related: TexansJets
 
May 5 - 9:47 AM
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If nothing else, it will be interesting to watch and hear Cutler in the booth.  He has a way of rubbing people the wrong way.  Could be fun for us. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it somewhat surprising that he did not latch on anywhere as a QB and also surprising that a TV network would be that interested in him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

I find it somewhat surprising that he did not latch on anywhere as a QB and also surprising that a TV network would be that interested in him.

He could've easily gotten on somewhere. He's just finished. Doesn't need the money. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Faust said:

 

Jay was calling the Texans? Yeah ok

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2017 at 8:55 AM, Faust said:

 

Rick Smith on Jay Cutler report 'It was inaccurate. Bus Cook is a friend of mine. We respect Jay and we wouldn't not return a phone call'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.