What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rapid Draft (1 Viewer)

huh...so you choose your draft position? I thought it just assigned you one... interesting.

I cant even get through the registration process. Just keeps hanging there... oh well, sounded fun.

wow...keeps disconnecting obviously, but on top of that this has to be the worst draft room I have ever used. I have used about every site and never really thought any were that bad....until this one! Good concept...needs some work though.

Last edited by a moderator:
tried it, keep getting hung up and lost connection during my draft... it didn't affect my draft but I didn't like it and would be very upset if I spent whatever it costs to use.

BTW, heres my Team and took Pick 1.. I think its pretty good. The thing really undervalues TEsmytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("

Draft Date: 8/12/2009 | Draft Length: 3:09:00 | Draft Position: 1 | Value Picks: 1 | Reach Picks: 8

POSITION PLAYER TEAM ROUND

Starters

QB Donovan McNabb PHI R6P12

RB Maurice Jones-Drew JAC R1P1

RB Larry Johnson KC R4P12

WR Marques Colston NO R2P12

WR Anquan Boldin ARI R3P1

WR Steve Breaston ARI R8P12

TE Jason Witten DAL R5P1

PK Rob Bironas TEN R14P12

Def/ST CHI Team Defense CHI R17P1

Flex Felix Jones DAL R7P1

Bench

QB Jake Delhomme CAR R13P1

QB Kerry Collins TEN R19P1

RB Michael Bush OAK R12P12

RB Mewelde Moore PIT R18P12

WR Devin Hester CHI R9P1

WR Percy Harvin MIN R10P12

WR Chaz Schilens OAK R16P12

WR Devery Henderson NO R20P12

TE John Carlson SEA R11P1

PK Mason Crosby GB R15P1*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

I can't even get through the registration. Keeps telling me user name is already in use. :confused:

tried it, keep getting hung up and lost connection during my draft... it didn't affect my draft but I didn't like it and would be very upset if I spent whatever it costs to use.

BTW, heres my Team and took Pick 1.. I think its pretty good. The thing really undervalues TEsmytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("

Draft Date: 8/12/2009 | Draft Length: 3:09:00 | Draft Position: 1 | Value Picks: 1 | Reach Picks: 8

Starters

TE Jason Witten DAL R5P1

Bench

WR Devin Hester CHI R9P1

PK Mason Crosby GB R15P1*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();
I can't find the scoring system anywhere. Were you able to use DD?

Starters

TE Jason Witten DAL R5P1

Bench

WR Devin Hester CHI R9P1

I can't find the scoring system anywhere. Were you able to use DD?
http://rapiddraft.footballguys.com/nfl/lm/...ringSystem.aspx

Well, I had zero latency or delay issues, smooth as silk, but 30 second times is quick. Tried to keep up in DD, but once you get off, it's hard to catch up, best thing to do is draft ANYONE from the bottom of the list and move on. Also, other lists are NOTHING like FBG lists in many respects, so while you're trying to find the guy someone drafted, you timer is ticking away. Because of this I got myself screwed on bye weeks at WR, nearly everyone is wk 5 or 8. I wasn't thrilled with it when I got done, but FBGs rate my team likes it (no great surprise, since I used DD to draft it). Anyway, if you want to look, rip it apart, whatever, here it is.

Link to draft board

http://www.rapiddraft.com/nfl/lm/LM2009/Dr....aspx?lid=12451

and my team

mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("

Pick Player Team

01.07 DeAngelo Williams Car/4

02.06 Randy Moss NE/8

03.07 Darren McFadden Oak/9

04.06 Jason Witten Dal/6

05.07 Santonio Holmes Pit/8

06.06 Donovan McNabb Phi/4

07.07 Devin Hester Chi/5

08.06 Tim Hightower Ari/4 (autopick, I couldn't find my guy, can't remember who I wanted here now)

09.07 Matt Hasselbeck Sea/7

10.06 Fred Jackson Buf/9

11.07 Chris Henry Cin/8

12.06 Jeremy Shockey NO/5 (also a rushed pick)

13.07 San Diego SD/5

14.06 Mark Bradley KC/8

15.07 Glen Coffee SF/6

16.06 Devery Henderson NO/5

17.07 Laurent Robinson StL/9

18.06 James Davis Cle/9

19.07 Troy Williamson Jac/7

20.06 Robbie Gould Chi/5

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();

If you want a few extra seconds to decide on your pick, follow along thorugh the draft board instead. You can open the draft board up after the first pick of the draft (it opens a new browser window) and keep refreshing te browser. During my draft at least, the draft board was updated before the actual draft room pick was made. This gave me several extra seconds to get ready to make my pick.

If you want a few extra seconds to decide on your pick, follow along thorugh the draft board instead. You can open the draft board up after the first pick of the draft (it opens a new browser window) and keep refreshing te browser. During my draft at least, the draft board was updated before the actual draft room pick was made. This gave me several extra seconds to get ready to make my pick.
Yes, I found that around the 9th or 10th round, which helped tremendously in catching up if I somehow missed a pick. But it's very difficult to use DD and draft this quickly. I think I may have tried too hard to keep up in DD. Also, the draft boards were so radically different, I wasn't ready for that. There were picks being made that weren't even on the first page of the DD player pool, and picks at the top of the pool that I had to scroll down several pages to find. I often had to take someone just cause it was too late, and it was name I thought wouldn't suck.I wouldn't say I hate the interface, but two things really bugged me. 1) the scroll bar doesn't page down when you hit the bar itself, it takes you to the end. Several times I found myself scanning the bottom of the draft board before I realized what had happened. The scroll buttons are very small and very easy to miss. 2) No search function. Worse comes to worst, just let type in the name of my guy and find him for me, that would've helped a lot. Anyway, we'll see.

I liked the concept but it was poorly implemented. :kicksrock:

I did it since I had a free entry but NO WAY I would pay for that experience. Times out, hangs, reconnecting... reconnecting... reconnecting...

1. How about a decent player search?

2. A scroll bar that works? You are now looking at players 1 thru 10. Try to scroll down. You are now looking at players 1250 thru 1260. Nice.

3. Bandwidth, bandwidth, bandwidth. Please get some.

4. The whole visual appeal approach and I get a choice of four avatars and three ugly colors? That's the best they could do? Nice job too on the mocha colored girl with the blatant boob job, or the blond haired girl with the blatant boob job.

I won't be back.

Still no problems here. Draft took 50 minutes. Live scoring last night and my opponent sat 4 players/STD who scored over 50 points.

I liked the concept but it was poorly implemented. :thumbdown:

I did it since I had a free entry but NO WAY I would pay for that experience. Times out, hangs, reconnecting... reconnecting... reconnecting...

1. How about a decent player search?

2. A scroll bar that works? You are now looking at players 1 thru 10. Try to scroll down. You are now looking at players 1250 thru 1260. Nice.

3. Bandwidth, bandwidth, bandwidth. Please get some.

4. The whole visual appeal approach and I get a choice of four avatars and three ugly colors? That's the best they could do? Nice job too on the mocha colored girl with the blatant boob job, or the blond haired girl with the blatant boob job.

I won't be back.
Bolded part truly annoyed me. I might try it again, cause I like the concept, but they need to do some quick renovations. As to number 4, I agree. Where was the redhead with a blatant boob job?Now, if I can just get ON the site to see scores. I haven't had most of the technical problems many have reported, but I can't even view my team this AM.

Cannot log into site at the moment to see if I won.
Quirky scoring is my biggest complaint so far. Went to bed after MNF and was up by 1.5, woke up down 2.0 His only player going was Sproles, and it had his TD in the total at the time. I knew his TD was going to make it tight, but I thought I was good when it had me winning after the score.Still doesn't show league standings yet, so I don't know how many scoring glitches have yet to resolve. Seems like a shaky start and I'm glad I am running on a free pass only...

I can log in, but you cannot add players or see the standings.

This thing is rapidly becoming a waste of time.

I haven't had any problems logging in, but the ability to add free agents has been on and off this morning. Lots of error messages, although I was able to work around them. More importantly, on one of my teams the waiver claims are messed up. I made three claims, and after the third one, the players to 'drop' got switched around. That's going definitely going to mess some people up if they're not paying close attention.

I haven't had any problems logging in, but the ability to add free agents has been on and off this morning. Lots of error messages, although I was able to work around them. More importantly, on one of my teams the waiver claims are messed up. I made three claims, and after the third one, the players to 'drop' got switched around. That's going definitely going to mess some people up if they're not paying close attention.
I didn't think you could add free agents until after week 2?

I haven't seen the Rapiddraft owner around here for a while, so I'm taking that as a sign that they're working feverishly to fix all the bugs before week 2 gets underway.

Just remember to check the pending transactions on the Team page after you submit waiver actions....maddening amount of errors going through that but its done.

Cant find anything in the rules about when the waivers will be processed...assuming its overnight (after 8pm CST close of waiver entries).

It was a nice gesture to get a free play, but I'm done with it. It was a good mock tool I suppose, but being in a league with auto drafters isn't really that exciting to me for some reason and doesn't seem worth the time keeping up with the roster.

I think Rapid Draft needs a little love and attention. They need to do better about letting you know when things will be updated such as: When scores are updated, when Free agents are available etc.

Does anybody know if there are issues with viewing the site on IE6? My work only has IE6 and I have IE8 at home and it seems like a totally different site.

I think they are doing their programming as they go along. This is easily the worst league management site I've ever seen. I'd rather be on fanball lol.

It was a nice gesture to get a free play, but I'm done with it. It was a good mock tool I suppose, but being in a league with auto drafters isn't really that exciting to me for some reason and doesn't seem worth the time keeping up with the roster.
...particularly when you can't see any standings or submit any waiver claims due to poor site management.

...particularly when you can't see any standings or submit any waiver claims due to poor site management.
When I went to make a waiver claim last night, things went all screwey. Then there was a message posted saying all transactions would be done on Friday for this week only. I can only assume that they're working to fix these bugs by then and that it'll run smoothly thereafter. I didn't have any issues originally with the site, but it seems to be getting progressively worse.I don't know if too many FBG's have joined and we're killing their servers, or what, but as someone who was impressed with the free game and paid for 3 additional teams, I'm hoping for a very quick resolution.I haven't emailed them yet, but if things aren't better tonight, I'm planning on contacting them to see just what their plans are.

I can only see my roster. I don't see the results of this weeks game anywhere. :confused:
Go to the league home tab. On the left it shows no scores. On the right it has the head to head results. I have an issue with them. On Sunday, about an hour into the early games I changed out Wells for Hightower. About 20 minutes later I checked and it had Rashad Jennings in at RB. It basically put in a player that was currently playing. While I would love to have this ability I don't want it if I only get to sub in the backup of my starter. I emailed them and asked them to look into it. I got nothing. I emailed them again and got a response but just that they were looking into it.

This thing has issues. The server crashing the day they release this thing, the tech support email crashed on Sunday (I emailed them after they emailed out a message saying the tech support email was back up but to use a couple of different boxes), standings hard to find, WW's that were supposed to available yesterday are now not available till Friday... I'm glad I didn't drop the extra $10 and do another team...

Working fine for me....

Looks like they have some work to do on the free agent aquisitions, but they have a note that they will be on Friday.

Anyone know why the 'points' you have listed in the overall scoreboard is less than the points your team scored for that week? My team scored 205 and I have 182 listed in the leaderboard and I can't find anything in the rules/FAQ to explain the difference.

Anyone know why the 'points' you have listed in the overall scoreboard is less than the points your team scored for that week? My team scored 205 and I have 182 listed in the leaderboard and I can't find anything in the rules/FAQ to explain the difference.
Because Rapid Draft is the Rapid Suck? Seems they forced this product out before it was ready. Needs some major QC checks and it seems that they are doing that while live. Not a good business model...

Anybody have any idea if you can put a guy on IR in this league or do you have to keep him in the roster. I've got Gonzales and would like to pick up a replacement for a few weeks but I don't want to drop him. I didn't see any drop down selection for IR in the free agent section so..... Or else who can I contact for info.

There is no IR slot. And yes, this feels like an Alpha test rather than Beta or LIve. Don't expect anything to work, lol. It wouldn't surprise me if they stay shut down until after week 2. Or just completely shut down and run with the money.

I can only see my roster. I don't see the results of this weeks game anywhere. :rolleyes:
Go to the league home tab. On the left it shows no scores. On the right it has the head to head results. I have an issue with them. On Sunday, about an hour into the early games I changed out Wells for Hightower. About 20 minutes later I checked and it had Rashad Jennings in at RB. It basically put in a player that was currently playing. While I would love to have this ability I don't want it if I only get to sub in the backup of my starter. I emailed them and asked them to look into it. I got nothing. I emailed them again and got a response but just that they were looking into it.

This thing has issues. The server crashing the day they release this thing, the tech support email crashed on Sunday (I emailed them after they emailed out a message saying the tech support email was back up but to use a couple of different boxes), standings hard to find, WW's that were supposed to available yesterday are now not available till Friday... I'm glad I didn't drop the extra $10 and do another team...
I don't see a league home tab anywhere. When I log in, I can click on My Team, and get to the page where I can change my starting line-up, but there are no scores there. Where is this league home tab? I've looked around the site, but the only relevant links I see our the My Teams link, which tells me nothing about how my team performed, or the many links that tell you how to play, scoring rules, FAQ, etc.

wait, you can log in right now?
Well, I can get to the homepage, and see my set line-up page, but I don't see any information related to performance, a League Home Page. The line-up page tells me my current match-up, my past match-up, there's no win/loss record or scores.

don't see a league home tab anywhere. When I log in, I can click on My Team, and get to the page where I can change my starting line-up, but there are no scores there. Where is this league home tab? I've looked around the site, but the only relevant links I see our the My Teams link, which tells me nothing about how my team performed, or the many links that tell you how to play, scoring rules, FAQ,
I'm in the same boat and I have five teams. No idea how I did last week at all, but at least I can change my lineup. Hope they get this fixed soon.I also cannot see anything in the forums, it show people posting but can't read what they posted!

Users who are viewing this thread