What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rapid Draft (1 Viewer)

wait, you can log in right now?
Well, I can get to the homepage, and see my set line-up page, but I don't see any information related to performance, a League Home Page. The line-up page tells me my current match-up, my past match-up, there's no win/loss record or scores.
There are tabs running across that page for * League * Team * Live Scoring * Standings * Players * Stats * RD TalkWell there should be anyway. Who knows what does and doesn't work on this crappy site.

wait, you can log in right now?
Well, I can get to the homepage, and see my set line-up page, but I don't see any information related to performance, a League Home Page. The line-up page tells me my current match-up, my past match-up, there's no win/loss record or scores.
There are tabs running across that page for * League * Team * Live Scoring * Standings * Players * Stats * RD TalkWell there should be anyway. Who knows what does and doesn't work on this crappy site.
Yeah, unfortunately, I don't seem to get all of those tabs.My choices are limited to the following:My TeamsInvite FriendsHow to PlayMeet the ProsRD TalkWhen I click on the My Teams page, although I only have one team thank God, it just takes me to the page we saw when we all drafted, but with the same options as above. I've tried a couple different URLs to get on the site, rapiddraft.com, rapiddraft.footballguys.com, but it doesn't seem to matter.Who knows what's up with this site.

I can log in, but you cannot add players or see the standings.

This thing is rapidly becoming a waste of time.
I can only see my roster. I don't see the results of this weeks game anywhere. :shrug:
Go to the league home tab. On the left it shows no scores. On the right it has the head to head results. I have an issue with them. On Sunday, about an hour into the early games I changed out Wells for Hightower. About 20 minutes later I checked and it had Rashad Jennings in at RB. It basically put in a player that was currently playing. While I would love to have this ability I don't want it if I only get to sub in the backup of my starter. I emailed them and asked them to look into it. I got nothing. I emailed them again and got a response but just that they were looking into it.

This thing has issues. The server crashing the day they release this thing, the tech support email crashed on Sunday (I emailed them after they emailed out a message saying the tech support email was back up but to use a couple of different boxes), standings hard to find, WW's that were supposed to available yesterday are now not available till Friday... I'm glad I didn't drop the extra $10 and do another team...
I don't see a league home tab anywhere. When I log in, I can click on My Team, and get to the page where I can change my starting line-up, but there are no scores there. Where is this league home tab? I've looked around the site, but the only relevant links I see our the My Teams link, which tells me nothing about how my team performed, or the many links that tell you how to play, scoring rules, FAQ, etc.
Along the top is a bar with these buttons:* League

* Team

* Live Scoring

* Standings

* Players

* Stats

* RD Talk

League is the far left. Click on that... Results on the right:

Results for Week 1

Ashlei - L (121.00) vs Coop - W (160.00)

Matt - L (106.50) vs Hollywood - W (181.00)

Michael - L (92.00) vs Zach - W (132.50)

Rick - L (109.50) vs The Knights - W (123.50)

Slick Willie - W (157.50) vs Felix - L (88.00)

Suit - W (151.50) vs Victoria - L (146.00)

I can log in, but you cannot add players or see the standings.

This thing is rapidly becoming a waste of time.
I can only see my roster. I don't see the results of this weeks game anywhere. :clap:
Go to the league home tab. On the left it shows no scores. On the right it has the head to head results. I have an issue with them. On Sunday, about an hour into the early games I changed out Wells for Hightower. About 20 minutes later I checked and it had Rashad Jennings in at RB. It basically put in a player that was currently playing. While I would love to have this ability I don't want it if I only get to sub in the backup of my starter. I emailed them and asked them to look into it. I got nothing. I emailed them again and got a response but just that they were looking into it.

This thing has issues. The server crashing the day they release this thing, the tech support email crashed on Sunday (I emailed them after they emailed out a message saying the tech support email was back up but to use a couple of different boxes), standings hard to find, WW's that were supposed to available yesterday are now not available till Friday... I'm glad I didn't drop the extra $10 and do another team...
I don't see a league home tab anywhere. When I log in, I can click on My Team, and get to the page where I can change my starting line-up, but there are no scores there. Where is this league home tab? I've looked around the site, but the only relevant links I see our the My Teams link, which tells me nothing about how my team performed, or the many links that tell you how to play, scoring rules, FAQ, etc.
Along the top is a bar with these buttons:* League

* Team

* Live Scoring

* Standings

* Players

* Stats

* RD Talk

League is the far left. Click on that... Results on the right:

Results for Week 1

Ashlei - L (121.00) vs Coop - W (160.00)

Matt - L (106.50) vs Hollywood - W (181.00)

Michael - L (92.00) vs Zach - W (132.50)

Rick - L (109.50) vs The Knights - W (123.50)

Slick Willie - W (157.50) vs Felix - L (88.00)

Suit - W (151.50) vs Victoria - L (146.00)
Yea, I don't know what's going on, but I don't get those options. I cleared by browser's cache and went to the site again. I can log in and get to my team page, but it gives the options I said above. There are no headings for League, Standings, Players, etc. It's like I'm stuck on a pre-draft version. It does let me see who I'm playing against this week, and I can set my line-up, but that's about it.This has been a colossal waste of time, and the draft actually went well for me. I'd just forget it, but I held off doing another fun contest league elsewhere since I had this, plus my main league and the FBG contest. Now, I'm basically down to my main league and the FBG contest. :clap:

Yea, I don't know what's going on, but I don't get those options. I cleared by browser's cache and went to the site again. I can log in and get to my team page, but it gives the options I said above. There are no headings for League, Standings, Players, etc. It's like I'm stuck on a pre-draft version. It does let me see who I'm playing against this week, and I can set my line-up, but that's about it.

This has been a colossal waste of time, and the draft actually went well for me. I'd just forget it, but I held off doing another fun contest league elsewhere since I had this, plus my main league and the FBG contest. Now, I'm basically down to my main league and the FBG contest. :lmao:

What web browser are you using. I have Internet Explorer 6 here at work and don't get all the options, but on my home computer with IE8 I get them all. Free Agents are still not open as of last night.

There is no IR slot. And yes, this feels like an Alpha test rather than Beta or LIve. Don't expect anything to work, lol. It wouldn't surprise me if they stay shut down until after week 2. Or just completely shut down and run with the money.
Why is it that a quality site like FBGS gets involved "hawking" a site that is clearly not coordinated enough to be on the market yet!!!?? This really will give me pause before I try any site touted by Joe and FBGS because the decision seems to clearly be a fiscal one as apposed to a "Hey this is a great and reputable site". I mean sure it was a free entry but they(Rapid Draft) were also trying to get us to buy this crap!?!

I finally went back to the site for the first time after my draft...163 points (and Berrian scores a 0) seems good, although 237 leads the contest. I guess I'll keep playing to see if I can keep up a hot one-week start.

I had Brees, Peterson, Hightower and Welker blow up in week 1. I won't spend more than 15 minutes per week here, but I'll at least submit a lineup as long as I'm doing well in the standings.

Last edited by a moderator:
What web browser are you using. I have Internet Explorer 6 here at work and don't get all the options, but on my home computer with IE8 I get them all. Free Agents are still not open as of last night.

That's looks to be the problem. My work computer uses IE6 and the site doesn't work. My home computer uses IE8 and the site works. Looks like I won the week, but I had the lowest point total of the winning teams, and the fewest points against. Yeah defense!

Has anyone actually had their waivers process yet? What a piece of #### this site is...

Edited to add:

I see they aren't scheduled to process until Friday night. What's another day at this point. ;)

I still can't see free agents...anyone having luck with this? Of course I have my best team in this free pool.....
That implies that you paid for this. Ouch...I had no problem with the FA so far. You have to go to the Free Agents tab, then click on your team to select a guy to drop and then pick a player to add. You can't pick a player to add and then pick a player to drop. I made bids for Bell, Caddy and Clayton. After you make bids you can go to your team page and move which WW move you want to the top of the list. Basically put them in whatever order you want although the interface, like everything else with the site, is not all that easy. At first it looks like nothing happens. Just watch the players on the left. They move up and down but it happens quickly and it's not all that noticeable.ETA - I have made WW selections but they are pending. I have no idea when they will actually go through.

Tried to drop Lamont Jordan and when I looked at my roster it showed my whole roster as dropped.

Joe and Dave are zero for two it appears. I certainly won't waste any more time checking out any sites that they pimp. Thankfully none of my own money was involved in either fiasco.

I still can't see free agents...anyone having luck with this? Of course I have my best team in this free pool.....
That implies that you paid for this. Ouch...I had no problem with the FA so far. You have to go to the Free Agents tab, then click on your team to select a guy to drop and then pick a player to add. You can't pick a player to add and then pick a player to drop. I made bids for Bell, Caddy and Clayton. After you make bids you can go to your team page and move which WW move you want to the top of the list. Basically put them in whatever order you want although the interface, like everything else with the site, is not all that easy. At first it looks like nothing happens. Just watch the players on the left. They move up and down but it happens quickly and it's not all that noticeable.ETA - I have made WW selections but they are pending. I have no idea when they will actually go through.
This is exactly where I am sitting....If I get an error message I just hit the back button and try again and that usually works fine. I think it is going to be interesting seeing how the pros pick up Free Agents.

thatguythere said:
TheFanatic said:
3 hour lunch said:
This is exactly where I am sitting....If I get an error message I just hit the back button and try again and that usually works fine. I think it is going to be interesting seeing how the pros pick up Free Agents.
I actually opened the site using RealPlayer and can see all of the tabs now. Free agent process is weird, but I was able to put in for a couple of people. Maybe everyone will get frustrated with this and give up on the $!

Nothing has gone through for me either, but I see this message when I look at free agents:

"The waiver queue is currently locked and will reopen on Tuesday morning. Check back Saturday morning to view your transactions."

Maybe I'm just up too early...

Nothing has gone through for me either, but I see this message when I look at free agents:"The waiver queue is currently locked and will reopen on Tuesday morning. Check back Saturday morning to view your transactions."Maybe I'm just up too early...
Yeah...I dont think they've communicated anything post transactions will be processed friday night...could see the update at 9am CST or ANYTIME today really.Again, EMBARASSING.

what's this Rapid Draft Weekly contest this week? got an email about a $50K prize this week only, i figure not many will enter so how can they afford this? they'd need 5K entries just to make up the prize money let alone turn a profit

I'd be happy to provide some sysadmin support at an hourly basis if they need it, I've worked on both xpertsports and draftsharks. Looks like they drastically overestimated the capacity of their systems.

Waivers finally ran.

I "manage" 4 teams for 4 subscribers including me, and SURPRISE was unable to get Mike Bell or Cadillac for any of them, but did manage to snag Henderson and Meachem in a couple.

Every time I logged in I got an error message. Then waivers ran before I could successfully log in. I dropped $9.99 on this and can't fathom why I wasted that amount. The draft room was clunky but ultimately valuable for my big money leagues. I don't think I'll be logging in for a while. There's no reason to check on Garrett Hartley's stats for a few weeks. :thumbup:

There were some problems with how the waivers got processed. In every league I'm in, Laurent Robinson was available, and was either my 2nd or 3rd priority waiver claim. He somehow remains a free agent in all leagues as far as I can tell - doesn't show up as being picked up by anyone else, is listed as 'locked' in the free agent list, and instead of having him on my team I still have the garbage players I wanted to drop. All other picks seem like they were processed correctly.

How did they decide who gets free agents? I put a claim in for somebody and didn't get him and have no idea why. :thumbup:

Waivers finally ran.I "manage" 4 teams for 4 subscribers including me, and SURPRISE was unable to get Mike Bell or Cadillac for any of them, but did manage to snag Henderson and Meachem in a couple.
Seeing that this site has been a complete mess, I'm not too sure that I trust how these guys are doing things. It would be interesting to know how other league's waiver requests went compared to mine. Zach went first in this order.9/19/2009 8:27:26 AM Coop Mike Bell Draft RB NO 9/19/2009 8:27:26 AM Coop Dominic Rhodes Release RB FA 9/19/2009 8:27:25 AM Rick Bo Scaife Draft TE TEN 9/19/2009 8:27:25 AM Rick Kevin Boss Release TE NYG 9/19/2009 8:27:25 AM Victoria Mark Sanchez Draft QB NYJ 9/19/2009 8:27:25 AM Victoria Brady Quinn Release QB CLE 9/19/2009 8:27:24 AM Zach Louis Murphy Draft WR OAK 9/19/2009 8:27:24 AM Zach Brandon Jones Release WR SF I wonder how our "competitors" set up the waiver requests. I would assume that they would have to enter a revised player ranking every week. It would be interesting to know if Rick, Victoria or Zach ever picked up Mike Bell before Louis Murphy, Sanchez or Kevin Boss, respectively. That would mean (at least to me) that our waiver wire requests were used to generate the waiver wire requests for our competators and not some revised list from the participants. I know that Rick, Victoria & Zach would have different teams for each league, but I am not sure how that would factor in to waiver pick ups. Everything seems ok to me until I look at the pick that Rick made. It makes no sense. His running backs are horrible. For him to make a pick, I can only imagine that he must have put in some revised rankings. I certainly am not accusing them of cheating, but something seems very odd.

Waivers finally ran.I "manage" 4 teams for 4 subscribers including me, and SURPRISE was unable to get Mike Bell or Cadillac for any of them, but did manage to snag Henderson and Meachem in a couple.
Seeing that this site has been a complete mess, I'm not too sure that I trust how these guys are doing things. It would be interesting to know how other league's waiver requests went compared to mine. Zach went first in this order.9/19/2009 8:27:26 AM Coop Mike Bell Draft RB NO 9/19/2009 8:27:26 AM Coop Dominic Rhodes Release RB FA 9/19/2009 8:27:25 AM Rick Bo Scaife Draft TE TEN 9/19/2009 8:27:25 AM Rick Kevin Boss Release TE NYG 9/19/2009 8:27:25 AM Victoria Mark Sanchez Draft QB NYJ 9/19/2009 8:27:25 AM Victoria Brady Quinn Release QB CLE 9/19/2009 8:27:24 AM Zach Louis Murphy Draft WR OAK 9/19/2009 8:27:24 AM Zach Brandon Jones Release WR SF I wonder how our "competitors" set up the waiver requests. I would assume that they would have to enter a revised player ranking every week. It would be interesting to know if Rick, Victoria or Zach ever picked up Mike Bell before Louis Murphy, Sanchez or Kevin Boss, respectively. That would mean (at least to me) that our waiver wire requests were used to generate the waiver wire requests for our competators and not some revised list from the participants. I know that Rick, Victoria & Zach would have different teams for each league, but I am not sure how that would factor in to waiver pick ups. Everything seems ok to me until I look at the pick that Rick made. It makes no sense. His running backs are horrible. For him to make a pick, I can only imagine that he must have put in some revised rankings. I certainly am not accusing them of cheating, but something seems very odd.
I assumed they revised overall rankings, and the picks were supposed to be based on that. That said, something obviously went very wrong, since Laurent Robinson remains a free agent in all three of my leagues...even though I had waiver picks in for him in all three leagues. I got players I had as higher priority picks than him, and I got players I got as lower priority picks than him. The only way it should have been possible for me NOT to get him is if other teams in my league got him...but none of them did. Something is very messed up, and this is one of those mess ups that they can't really 'fix'. The best we can hope for is that they fix the bug so the free agent process runs correctly next week. In their defense, I sent an email last night around 10pm Eastern and there was a reply from them waiting for me at 5am asking for the name of my teams that were affected.

lol. I assumed even before waivers started that I had ZERO chance of getting Bell or Cadillac. Unless you lost and had a horrible score, its a safe assumption that you wouldn't get anyone of your key waiver targets.

lol. I assumed even before waivers started that I had ZERO chance of getting Bell or Cadillac. Unless you lost and had a horrible score, its a safe assumption that you wouldn't get anyone of your key waiver targets.
I dont mean to make it sound like I think the players that I wanted should have made it to me because I dont. I just found the waiver pickup process to be strange. Only 5 out of the 6 losers and one winner (Matt) made a pickup - and he made two. Matt dropped LeRon McClain to pick up Danny Ware with his second pick which leads me to believe that at least he had some kind of list that he had submitted. (Slick Willy was the one losing team that did not make any pickups, BTW) I suppose that I was expecting more waiver picks to be made if it was based on some sort of revised rankings list from the experts. It seemed random.But in the end, it was a free contest so I guess I will just cut them some slack.

I dont mean to make it sound like I think the players that I wanted should have made it to me because I dont. I just found the waiver pickup process to be strange. Only 5 out of the 6 losers and one winner (Matt) made a pickup - and he made two. Matt dropped LeRon McClain to pick up Danny Ware with his second pick which leads me to believe that at least he had some kind of list that he had submitted. (Slick Willy was the one losing team that did not make any pickups, BTW) I suppose that I was expecting more waiver picks to be made if it was based on some sort of revised rankings list from the experts. It seemed random.But in the end, it was a free contest so I guess I will just cut them some slack.
Well, I had one of the lowest scores and lost last week and didn't get the player I wanted. What bugs me is, there's no free agent time after the waivers to pick up somebody if you didn't get a player you wanted. I'm glad this is a free game, otherwise, I'd be a bit mad because the waivers wasn't clearly defined.

Well, I had one of the lowest scores and lost last week and didn't get the player I wanted. What bugs me is, there's no free agent time after the waivers to pick up somebody if you didn't get a player you wanted. I'm glad this is a free game, otherwise, I'd be a bit mad because the waivers wasn't clearly defined.
I think the site is quite buggy and I'm glad I didn't pay for anything extra. Be curious to see how this plays out for the season, or if they do what the last "free partner contest" did and fold due to mounting issues as we advance.However, while the waivers didn't process in a timely manner, I believe they ultimately did process the way they said they would. I thought it was pretty clear that the only way to get someone was through the bid process, which was based on the rank of your team. If you didn't win any players, you don't get another chance. The only thing missing this week was "round 2" which should probably get folks the opportunity to make another run at someone that emerges later in the week as an injury fill-in. My only attempts this week were for Caddy and Bell, as they were the only FA out there that I felt would help my team (I already have Robinson...lucky late pick). They both went to guys in line before me, as was expected. I suspect that the AI pickups are rank-based from the various "expert" weekly sites, and that the "regular joe" (or whatever the consensus guy was called) could come from data collected on the site. Depending on how the available players rank relative to a team's lineup, some teams may end up making moves. Curious to see if Joe or David could shed some light on what they need to do for this contest on a weekly basis...I lost last week by a nose, with the Sproles TD putting me into the loser column. Hopefully this week I can catch a few lucky breaks and my "studs" don't seriously underperform 2 weeks in a row. Definitely hurt having Gonzalez going down early with a zero...

:confused:

1 hour and 15 minutes to game time, can't login. Pretty confident in my lineup, but I'd like to see it one last time.

has anybody been able to login at all today?
Rapid draft sucks...I was able to draft a team with my free entry (after several technical problems). But yesterday they sent me an email about their weekly drafts...and being in the mood to draft...Against my better judgement, I signed up. $9.95 down the drain. The draft forum didn't work. It just kept showing the first pick being made over and over and over. Maurice Jones Drew...Maurice Jones Drew...Maurice Jones Drew. It never progressed to pick #2. The clock would just reset and MJD would get picked again. After about 15 minutes of this, I bailed and requested a refund. There's no excuse for a fantasy football website that functions this poorly. They were obviously more interested in a money grab than providing a good product.Fballguy

After 4 weeks RD is still awfull. Seems as if only the automated teams are allowed to pick up free agents. I am done trying.

After 4 weeks RD is still awfull. Seems as if only the automated teams are allowed to pick up free agents. I am done trying.
If their plan was a free trial to get me hooked and pay for the product in the future, I'm going to have to go with FAIL. :no: What a mess. Now I cant even get them to stop sending me emails. I have unsubscribed three weeks in a row. Still I get the emails.UGH.

If their plan was a free trial to get me hooked and pay for the product in the future, I'm going to have to go with FAIL. :thumbup: What a mess. Now I cant even get them to stop sending me emails. I have unsubscribed three weeks in a row. Still I get the emails.UGH.
I see that I am not the only one, what a joke of a site; it is the worst experience I have had in 15 years of playing ff. I gave it one last try yesterday and have now given up as well.

I've been able to pick up a free agent, and sometimes multiple free agents, every single time I've made a request.This sounds a lot more like user error than site error (although the site has had it's share of them). After week 2, the site has been much more smooth for me and I haven't had any issues at all.

Users who are viewing this thread