What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rapid Draft (1 Viewer)

I think you guys are interpreting the rules wrong. I think you continue to pick a starting lineup. Probably processing who actually made into which bracket is just delayed, as many other things have been with this game. I'll admit I didn't go back and re-read the rules when I saw your posts on this just now, but that would be really weird if the full bench started counting towards scoring as well.

won my league at 10-1, ranked 9th in fbg and 91 overall. have a ridiculously good team (AJ,R Moss,R Rice, to name a few)However, after having been burned by AFFL and Fantasy Jungle in successive years, i have absolutely ZERO confidence in the integrity of the game, or if by some very remote chance should happen to win, ever seeing one nickel of anything. At least this one was free.

Anybody know why we can't set lineups yet?
If I'm reading the rules correctly, you get points from everyone on your roster from here on out, so you don't need to set lineups anymore. It's basically total points for everyone in the Championship Bracket now.
That can't be. If so, it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. If I had known that, I would have picked up all the QB's sitting on the WW. How does that determine which team is better? Where in the rules does it state that to be the case?

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm reading the rules correctly, you get points from everyone on your roster from here on out, so you don't need to set lineups anymore. It's basically total points for everyone in the Championship Bracket now.
That can't be. If so, it's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. If I had known that, I would have picked up all the QB's sitting on the WW. How does that determine which team is better? Where in the rules does it state that to be the case?
That's why I'm asking the question.Here's what it says in the rules:
10. RapidDraft Post-Season (Weeks 12 to 16)Each Participant starts the post-season with a one week average score, based on their average score in weeks 1 to 11 (calculated as Total Points after Week 11, divided by 11). The average score will be rounded to the hundredths position (for example - 102.55).All post-season bracket leader boards will list the following:Average points in Weeks 1 to 11 Total points in Week 12 Total points in Week 13 Total points in Week 14 Total points in Week 15 Total points in Week 16 Total Cumulative Post-Season Points (summation of numbers 1 to 6 above) These points will be accumulated to determine post-season ranks. Overall, end-of-season prizes will be awarded after Week 16, based on the Total Cumulative Post-Season points.
We know our average scores got us into the playoffs, so I'm asking what "Total points" means for weeks 12-16.Currently, we cannot adjust our lineups. This could mean two things:1) They're running behind on getting the start/bench UI working for this week2) All scores are counted, survivor style from here onI don't know the answer, but this is one interpretation, so I'm asking the question here.

That's why I'm asking the question.Here's what it says in the rules:
10. RapidDraft Post-Season (Weeks 12 to 16)Each Participant starts the post-season with a one week average score, based on their average score in weeks 1 to 11 (calculated as Total Points after Week 11, divided by 11). The average score will be rounded to the hundredths position (for example - 102.55).All post-season bracket leader boards will list the following:Average points in Weeks 1 to 11 Total points in Week 12 Total points in Week 13 Total points in Week 14 Total points in Week 15 Total points in Week 16 Total Cumulative Post-Season Points (summation of numbers 1 to 6 above) These points will be accumulated to determine post-season ranks. Overall, end-of-season prizes will be awarded after Week 16, based on the Total Cumulative Post-Season points.
We know our average scores got us into the playoffs, so I'm asking what "Total points" means for weeks 12-16.Currently, we cannot adjust our lineups. This could mean two things:1) They're running behind on getting the start/bench UI working for this week2) All scores are counted, survivor style from here onI don't know the answer, but this is one interpretation, so I'm asking the question here.
I'm sure it means your points from each week and they write Total to differentiate from Average.You don't change the nature of the game in the playoffs...

Interested to know how this will work also. As I've still got Owen Daniels on my roster. That would truly suck if it's Total pts from here on out and waivers are closed.

You don't change the nature of the game in the playoffs...
You also don't alter lineups after games have been played, but that didn't stop them.
Point taken, and duly noted based on the wording being presented and the integrity of the business. Still don't think it will work that way, as obviously loading on QB's for the finals would constitute the golden roster. Doesn't look like anyone interpreted this looking at the top teams, and I would assume if it truly worked that way some genius would have picked up on it.Thought my core roster of Brady, MJD, and Rice (and a solid lineup for the other positions too) would put me in a great spot, but looks like some of the top contenders have that and then some. Gonna take a miracle to take down some of these teams.

Went 11-0, with highest total points and lowest points against. Next best team was Slick Willie at 7-4. Bummer that I was last on the waiver wire all year, never really had a chance to get any good free agents unless I could get on the bandwagon a week early.Only ranked 595 overall though. I could really use a good third WR, and a better flex option. Otherwise, I'm in pretty good shape with Rodgers, Gore, R. Rice, Fitzgerald, V. Jackson, D. Clark, Tynes/Longwell, Packers/Ravens.Unfortunately, I have to start James Jones, Knox, or Devery Henderson at the 3rd WR spot, and then either McFadden, Felix Jones, M. Bush or Larry Johnson at flex. Or, if J. Finley is finally healthy, I could slot him as the flex. He might be the best option right now.By the way, I'd bet my league entry fee that Total Points doesn't mean your entire roster. It only means total points each week from your starting roster. They say total points as a way to differentiate against average points and Head to Head. It's a pretty common term in Total Points leagues. It doesn't necessarily refer to an entire team roster's points.

I'm sure it means your points from each week and they write Total to differentiate from Average.You don't change the nature of the game in the playoffs...
This makes sense. But, the rules are a little ambiguous.If we could adjust our lineups right now, I'd be a whole lot more confident that it's total points from starters, but as someone pointed out, things have been delayed before so perhaps they've "locked" rosters until they can sort through which teams are eligible for the various brackets, etc.If I can't adjust my lineups by Thursday morning, I guess my question will be answered for me.

You also don't alter lineups after games have been played, but that didn't stop them.
I don't want to sound like a RD apologist, but if there was some sort of technical issue that didn't allow the "Pros" to have normal starters in, I don't really have a problem with it. In a couple of my matchups, "Pro" teams didn't start Chris Johnson and other studs. This isn't like traditional leagues where teams can forget to set a lineup or become a deadbeat owner. Since all roster adjustments for the "Pros" are controlled by an automated program, if that program was set to run and failed, IMO RD should be able to adjust the lineups to reflect who should have started. It's not like they changed rosters to reflect the highest scoring players who would otherwise not be starting, at least not in my leagues.If there was a technical glitch at Yahoo, or MFL, or another hosting site that didn't allow you to change your roster would you want to have the chance to set your lineup based on the guys you would have otherwise started?

I don't want to sound like a RD apologist, but if there was some sort of technical issue that didn't allow the "Pros" to have normal starters in, I don't really have a problem with it. In a couple of my matchups, "Pro" teams didn't start Chris Johnson and other studs. This isn't like traditional leagues where teams can forget to set a lineup or become a deadbeat owner. Since all roster adjustments for the "Pros" are controlled by an automated program, if that program was set to run and failed, IMO RD should be able to adjust the lineups to reflect who should have started. It's not like they changed rosters to reflect the highest scoring players who would otherwise not be starting, at least not in my leagues.If there was a technical glitch at Yahoo, or MFL, or another hosting site that didn't allow you to change your roster would you want to have the chance to set your lineup based on the guys you would have otherwise started?
I agree. It's frustrating, particularly given the other challenges this site has had, but I would fully expect them to adjust the scoring based on the glitch. I'd be more disappointed if they didn't fix it. Clearly, there was a processing error, based on the people starting/non starting in my leagues. No way someone was going to play Leonard Weaver over ADP.

If there was a technical glitch at Yahoo, or MFL, or another hosting site that didn't allow you to change your roster would you want to have the chance to set your lineup based on the guys you would have otherwise started?
If there would have been a public email or notice on the webpage prior to Sunday's games, I wouldn't have minded. If MFL or another hosting site had an issue, you can be damn sure they would let everyone know about it and make preparations well before the games started. Classy and acceptable - acknowledging the issue in advance, making that week's lineup rankings for pros public, then making the adjustmentFilthy and underhanded - stealth score adjustment overnight SundayRapiddraft deleted their forums because there was no admin representation there so it was just chock filled with complaints and site issues.Calling this place a second rate application would be about 15 levels too kind.

The RapidDraft regular season has concluded. Playoff bracket assignments are currently in progress - please check back Tuesday afternoon to view the playoff bracket leaderboard for your team(s).

If there was a technical glitch at Yahoo, or MFL, or another hosting site that didn't allow you to change your roster would you want to have the chance to set your lineup based on the guys you would have otherwise started?
If there would have been a public email or notice on the webpage prior to Sunday's games, I wouldn't have minded. If MFL or another hosting site had an issue, you can be damn sure they would let everyone know about it and make preparations well before the games started. Classy and acceptable - acknowledging the issue in advance, making that week's lineup rankings for pros public, then making the adjustmentFilthy and underhanded - stealth score adjustment overnight SundayRapiddraft deleted their forums because there was no admin representation there so it was just chock filled with complaints and site issues.Calling this place a second rate application would be about 15 levels too kind.
The other hosting sites would have known there was an issue because users would have let them know.That's one of the inherent problems with RD, the only real users are us, and we didn't have a problem. They didn't know the program didn't run to set the "Pros" lineups, so they couldn't have possibly known in advance that it wouldn't run. There was a scoring adjustment on Sunday, before the week was done, and an explanatory email on Monday. If everything was done later in the week, I would definitely find that unacceptable, but they found out after the Sunday games and fixed it.I'm not going to argue that there have been some serious issues with RD this year and them removing the forums is really poor form, from a professional and customer service perspective but I don't think they need to be skewered for the lineup issue. JMHO.

The other hosting sites would have known there was an issue because users would have let them know.That's one of the inherent problems with RD, the only real users are us, and we didn't have a problem. They didn't know the program didn't run to set the "Pros" lineups, so they couldn't have possibly known in advance that it wouldn't run. There was a scoring adjustment on Sunday, before the week was done, and an explanatory email on Monday. If everything was done later in the week, I would definitely find that unacceptable, but they found out after the Sunday games and fixed it.I'm not going to argue that there have been some serious issues with RD this year and them removing the forums is really poor form, from a professional and customer service perspective but I don't think they need to be skewered for the lineup issue. JMHO.
Seriously?!With all the issues they had early I could have understood this as an "oops" in the beginning. Conveniently having it in week 10, when championship opportunities are fairly easy to identify smells fishy. I won't debate the fact that some studs are easy switches, but the marginal player replacement opportunity was too great. I have no idea how these yahoos that made some strange picks in the draft may rank players, so its pretty easy for them to justify the midlevel player replacements that also occurred. Deleting forums at the same time was icing on the cake.Like I said, it will be interesting to see who wins the grand prize to see how legit this is. I have my doubts that a FBG will be able to pull it off, gladiator dude doesn't appear to be one of us...BroadwayG may have the best chance that I saw.

I'm currently 58th overall but I'm not sure that is going to matter a whole lot considering there are 7,882 teams in the Championship bracket. I also decided to drop Brian Westbrook so my RB2 spot is not great.

The average points are not going to make a big difference in the end I wouldn't think. It is going to be the team with the ultra-hot players the next 5 weeks. Ricky Williams perhaps? Justin Forsett (who I dropped just prior to Julius' injury :lmao: )

Like I said, it will be interesting to see who wins the grand prize to see how legit this is. I have my doubts that a FBG will be able to pull it off, gladiator dude doesn't appear to be one of us...BroadwayG may have the best chance that I saw.
I also have my doubts that a FBG will be able to win it all. I've been wondering about that John Lowery (Gladiator), guy. It's too early to tell, but you've got to wonder if he's getting a significant ROI on all his teams. If he paid full price for all his teams (basically $500), he's got to win 50% of his leagues to make his money back and he's also got that much bigger of a chance to take the grand prize for less than $500 of investment.God, it would be a PITA to try to manage all those teams though.I've been going through the leaderboard and to go along with the "Gladiators" teams, there's also some "Maximus" teams owned by a Daniel Lowery. Interesting. I think RD will have a tough time with the winning payouts. In order for them to make their payments of $50K per year, for five years, they'll have to not only sustain but increase their business. Based on the experiences of many of the players this year, I doubt there will be 100% of the teams coming back next year, and if they're going to continue with that prize amount, you'd have to think they'd have to increase entries each year to suppor the additional $50 in payouts.I'm certainly waiting to see if I get my $20 and t-shirt and to see if they get sued by the eventual winner for lack of payment.

Like I said, it will be interesting to see who wins the grand prize to see how legit this is. I have my doubts that a FBG will be able to pull it off, gladiator dude doesn't appear to be one of us...BroadwayG may have the best chance that I saw.
I don't know about that. I don't think any of my teams have cracked 200 points yet this season. I'd need the same miracle 4-week run as anyone else would. I doubt the 30 point lead will have too much of an impact with so much variance in the scores. It is cool that they fixed it so you can see the teams of the leaders.My biggest complaint about managing multiple teams is that the 'My Teams' page has about 1/100th of its potential functionality. Adding links like 'Last Lineup Submission Time' 'League record/rank' 'League Free Agents' 'Team Player News' and 'Team Standings' would go a long way to make managing simpler. I seriously don't think anyone involved in the programming of this thing has played in a FF league before. Oh yeah, whoever came up with a popup for live scoring should be given a swirlie and fired.As for next year, if they continue it, I'll throw whatever redemption points I have at it, but no way would I spend another dime on it.

I don't know about that. I don't think any of my teams have cracked 200 points yet this season. I'd need the same miracle 4-week run as anyone else would. I doubt the 30 point lead will have too much of an impact with so much variance in the scores. It is cool that they fixed it so you can see the teams of the leaders.My biggest complaint about managing multiple teams is that the 'My Teams' page has about 1/100th of its potential functionality. Adding links like 'Last Lineup Submission Time' 'League record/rank' 'League Free Agents' 'Team Player News' and 'Team Standings' would go a long way to make managing simpler. I seriously don't think anyone involved in the programming of this thing has played in a FF league before. Oh yeah, whoever came up with a popup for live scoring should be given a swirlie and fired.As for next year, if they continue it, I'll throw whatever redemption points I have at it, but no way would I spend another dime on it.
Weren't you near the top of the LB a few weeks ago? Earlier today you could search the LB for FBG's, but they eliminated that at some point. I wanted to know just who from FBG had a decent shot, as having a top 50 team really shows potential. I was in the top 120 of FBG's, but I suspect that due to the issues people experienced, a lot of teams also quit trying.

Weren't you near the top of the LB a few weeks ago? Earlier today you could search the LB for FBG's, but they eliminated that at some point. I wanted to know just who from FBG had a decent shot, as having a top 50 team really shows potential. I was in the top 120 of FBG's, but I suspect that due to the issues people experienced, a lot of teams also quit trying.
Yeah, I've been up to about 6. A few weeks of 140-150 scores dropped my top team down to 40th. But pretty much everything up to this point was just to win your league and collect that $20. My 'good' teams are between 40th and 200th. Funny thing is when those top teams tank, the other teams are putting up 180+ :shrug:My worst team is sitting at 5860th, still well into the championship bracket, and only 50 'tourney points' behind the leader. That's with some terrible lineup management, too. Not to offend anyone, but if you didn't make the big boy bracket, you were either doing it as a +EV move to dominate the lower one (I wish I would have thought of this earlier), abandoned your team, or just had an absolutely miserable draft.

Not to keep harping on the conspiracy theories, but has anyone else noticed the gladiator dude (as well as the maximus entries, which share his last name), all have different DEF team names than the rest of us? He predominantly uses PIT and BAL defenses, yet on his teams they are all named STLR and RAVN. That seems very strange, and I haven't noticed it on another single team....

Not to keep harping on the conspiracy theories, but has anyone else noticed the gladiator dude (as well as the maximus entries, which share his last name), all have different DEF team names than the rest of us? He predominantly uses PIT and BAL defenses, yet on his teams they are all named STLR and RAVN. That seems very strange, and I haven't noticed it on another single team....
that IS strange. all his defenses show different than other teams. :rant:

I think RD will have a tough time with the winning payouts. In order for them to make their payments of $50K per year, for five years, they'll have to not only sustain but increase their business. Based on the experiences of many of the players this year, I doubt there will be 100% of the teams coming back next year, and if they're going to continue with that prize amount, you'd have to think they'd have to increase entries each year to suppor the additional $50 in payouts.I'm certainly waiting to see if I get my $20 and t-shirt and to see if they get sued by the eventual winner for lack of payment.
They're funded by USA Today, they won't miss the payouts. If the idea doesn't work out (which seems likely), USA Today will just eat the payout cost and write it off as a loss. The payout probably cost less than the site development, even as bad as it is.

that IS strange. all his defenses show different than other teams. :moneybag:
That's REALLY strange. Up until now, I didn't see any reason at all to be suspicious. Now, I'm not so sure. I don't necessarily think he's a shill or anything like that, but it certainly sounds like he may be using a different mechanism to enter his teams than the rest of us. Maybe he programmed some tools for himself to make maintenance of all those teams easier.

And now it's letting me set a lineup, so I don't know what's the story on that.
As Lehigh98 posted earlier (back on Monday)
The RapidDraft regular season has concluded. Playoff bracket assignments are currently in progress - please check back Tuesday afternoon to view the playoff bracket leaderboard for your team(s).
Presumably, they were determining who was eligible for each bracket and removing the non-qualifying teams. Now it's cumulative total points from your starters.

I got an email reminding me about my $20 for winning a free league. But they want a copy of my drivers license and a W-9 for $20? :lmao:

I guess they are hoping on a lot of people like myself refusing to send the 2 things needed for identity theft to some random fax number. I mean really, who would do that?

Sites like AntSports never required your DL# and SSN. They don't need it either, not for $20. Shady IMO

I got an email reminding me about my $20 for winning a free league. But they want a copy of my drivers license and a W-9 for $20? :goodposting: I guess they are hoping on a lot of people like myself refusing to send the 2 things needed for identity theft to some random fax number. I mean really, who would do that? Sites like AntSports never required your DL# and SSN. They don't need it either, not for $20. Shady IMO
I just got this email as well. Said I can get a T shirt tooIf you roll it over to next years league, do you have to send that info. Did you get the t shirt

I got an email reminding me about my $20 for winning a free league. But they want a copy of my drivers license and a W-9 for $20? :doh: I guess they are hoping on a lot of people like myself refusing to send the 2 things needed for identity theft to some random fax number. I mean really, who would do that? Sites like AntSports never required your DL# and SSN. They don't need it either, not for $20. Shady IMO
I just got this email as well. Said I can get a T shirt tooIf you roll it over to next years league, do you have to send that info. Did you get the t shirt
No info needed to roll-over so that's what I'm doing. Hopefully they are still in business next season. I have "points" too but can find any info on how they can be used.I requested a shirt but it hasn't come yet :ptts: I'm more curious about needing SSN and DL for $20. Anyone do that? What if you are foreign?

Last Friday, I got an email for the T-shirt, and responded accordingly.

Being in Canada, I figure I'll have to jump through even more hoops to get $20, so I'm just gonna roll it over and hoep they've got more bugs ironed out for next year's game.

If I get the shirt, I do know that I'm going to wear it to my local draft for shtick.

For those wondering how legit this contest is, I thought I'd let you know I've received the first 50K. I can't speak for how future payments will play out, but the first wasn't a problem. I hadn't really planned on posting about the contest, but for the sake of the contest I felt the fbg community should know that RapidDraft appears to be on the up and up. Obviously there is going to be skepticism anytime a new contest starts up so hopefully this post will help put some questions to rest.

For those wondering how legit this contest is, I thought I'd let you know I've received the first 50K. I can't speak for how future payments will play out, but the first wasn't a problem. I hadn't really planned on posting about the contest, but for the sake of the contest I felt the fbg community should know that RapidDraft appears to be on the up and up. Obviously there is going to be skepticism anytime a new contest starts up so hopefully this post will help put some questions to rest.
:mellow: Hi D!!

Users who are viewing this thread