What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

) The Bucs have moved Jermaine Phillips from linebacker back to safety (1 Viewer)

KellysHeroes

Footballguy
(Rotoworld) The Bucs have moved Jermaine Phillips from linebacker back to safety, at least for the first four regular season games.

Analysis: Geno Hayes will start at weak-side linebacker. The move is due to FS Tanard Jackson's suspension, but Phillips is now up to 230 lbs. and will one heavy defensive back. Sabby Piscitelli will likely kick to free safety, with Phillips on the strong side. The Bucs' secondary threatens to struggle early.

(Article Link)

(Rotoworld) The Bucs have moved Jermaine Phillips from linebacker back to safety, at least for the first four regular season games.Analysis: Geno Hayes will start at weak-side linebacker. The move is due to FS Tanard Jackson's suspension, but Phillips is now up to 230 lbs. and will one heavy defensive back. Sabby Piscitelli will likely kick to free safety, with Phillips on the strong side. The Bucs' secondary threatens to struggle early.(Article Link)
MFL better not move him to LB so quickly....

it's only a four game suspension for tanard. i would imagine that everything will revert to normal once he's back to starting at safety.

Is Geno Hayes worth a flyer? Any chance he comes close to Derrick Brooks like numbers?
Without question. He gets a 4 game audition to make his stake for the job. I think people assume Phillips is the guy, seems like he'd slide right back in, but if you have a roster spot open, why not? He's the starting WLB for a month, that has value.

Is Geno Hayes worth a flyer? Any chance he comes close to Derrick Brooks like numbers?
Without question. He gets a 4 game audition to make his stake for the job. I think people assume Phillips is the guy, seems like he'd slide right back in, but if you have a roster spot open, why not? He's the starting WLB for a month, that has value.
Agreed.Hayes was the second nickel backer last night. The next four games are an audition -- does Hayes make more sense at WLB than the original plan of getting all three safeties on the field as rangy, ball-hawking talents.

Users who are viewing this thread