Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

greenline

*IDP Help*

Can someone direct me to some starting advice on IDP leagues? Im playing in one this year with zero experience.

TIA!!

Hey greenline,

I'd start by looking through some of the threads that interest you in the pinned FAQ in the main IDP forum. If you're a subscriber, check out the pinned offseason content thread, specifically the IDP concepts article and some of the other general articles in the strategy section on schemes and defensive roles.

If you like, post your league parameters here and we can tease out the important points and provide more specific advice to your league.

Specifically, I think these are great starting points. I think these two versions are free for everyone. If they aren't, I'm pretty sure there are versions from other seasons that are.

Incorporating IDP Concepts (Bramel and Magaw) -- July 27

Updated version of an article posted in the FBG magazine in 2008. General discussion of how to work IDPs into your league, including some strategy discussion on drafting and trading IDPs.

Breaking Down NFL Defenses -- June 26 (John Norton)

There was some discussion about Norton's EOTG summer opus yesterday, but this one has been revised and published nearly as often over the years and is a must read for all IDP newbies (and vets). Many, many IDP owners have benefited from this one over the years and it was the article that spawned my severe and unrelenting case of scheme :nerd:ery. It's a must read, especially since it's outside the subscriber curtain this year.

Jene! Thank you.

Let me due diligence and read this material. This is my third year subscribing. I appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.