What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM* (1 Viewer)

Raider Nation

Devil's Advocate
I am of the opinion this is the best comedy in the history of television.

For those who have never seen the show, don't feel like you can't jump in now because you've missed too much. In true sitcom fashion, each episode of Curb is generally a unique experience rather than being tied to things which happened previously. There are of course back storylines, and some character developments you won't be aware of, but it will not detract from enjoying this season. I would HIGHLY recommend tracking down the DVDs from the first seven seasons. Most of the show is improvised. They set a general outline for each episode in the script, and the actors have the freedom to put their own spin on things.

The main character is Larry David, who is actually the co-creator of "Seinfeld." Curb centers around Larry (who plays himself), his TV-wife Cheryl, his manager Jeff and Jeff's wife Susie. Richard Lewis and Ted Danson are also regulars.

Last edited by a moderator:
unbelievably funny show. I remember catching the first few minutes of the first show and I was hooked ever since.

I'm in the scene where he goes to a Lakers game and has nosebleed tickets.
Find the clip and point yourself out!
Did it air yet? And I can't guarantee I'm in the scene, but I was in the section he was filming in.
Ohhh, it's from this upcoming season? Sorry, I misunderstood.
Yep, the new one. they filmed the whole scene and left before the game started, but I was two rows in front and about 8 seats down thanks to random work tickets. I have vidoe on my phone but I'll be damnedif I know how to get it on the coputer.

I didn't really connect to the show until I saw the episode where he wanted hate crime charges brought against the kid who spraypainted "Bald #####" on his garage.

A bald cop said that he was not offended by the words, to which Larry replied: "You shave your head. We don't consider you part of the bald community."

I didn't really connect to the show until I saw the episode where he wanted hate crime charges brought against the kid who spraypainted "Bald #####" on his garage.

A bald cop said that he was not offended by the words, to which Larry replied: "You shave your head. We don't consider you part of the bald community."
I love how he gives a "knowing nod" to other bald men he sees on the street. :confused: Edit: The episode ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUdfdzm0EpU

Last edited by a moderator:
Best half hour on TV. From what they said during that special the other week, this is the last season and almost never happened. I hope they go out with the best season yet.

Any of you guys ever call random girls you know "beloved aunt"? I do it all the time. Goes over 98% of people's heads but Curb viewers love it.

Jeff Garlin has supplanted John C. Reilly as the homeliest actor in Hollywood. It is a close battle, but the 100 lbs. in Garlin's gut pushes him atop the list.

Jeff Garlin has supplanted John C. Reilly as the homeliest actor in Hollywood. It is a close battle, but the 100 lbs. in Garlin's gut pushes him atop the list.
Haha. Leon was woefully underutilized in this episode. He's one of my favorite characters ever. Somewhere between Paulie Walnuts and Hawkeye Pierce.

I have watched this show off and on, though I never got hooked. I watched tonight's episode and i need a recap:

WTF Happened to mrs. david? she was in the episode, but they don't appear to be married. i missed this.

I have watched this show off and on, though I never got hooked. I watched tonight's episode and i need a recap: WTF Happened to mrs. david? she was in the episode, but they don't appear to be married. i missed this.
I have not seen the episode yet but Larry David got divorced in real life and I think they incorporated that into the show.

I have watched this show off and on, though I never got hooked. I watched tonight's episode and i need a recap: WTF Happened to mrs. david? she was in the episode, but they don't appear to be married. i missed this.
I have not seen the episode yet but Larry David got divorced in real life and I think they incorporated that into the show.
It has been so long since the last series that I'm not entirely sure what happened. They got separated, thought they got back together, but in the end, think he realized he liked Loretta and wanted to pursue her instead of dealing with the problems with his wife. But I need to review some older episodes as my memory sucks.

Cheryl was on a flight. Thought it was going to crash, so she called Larry. He didn't have time to take "her last phone call" because he was dealing with the cable guy. Cheryl had enough, and she dumped Larry, moved out and started dating the "no-fly underwear" guy.

Larry started dating Loretta around the same time.

That's where we are now. Cheryl dumped the underwear king, and Larry wants her back, but he is stuck with Loretta's cancer situation.

Best half hour on TV. From what they said during that special the other week, this is the last season and almost never happened. I hope they go out with the best season yet.
Take that with a grain of salt. LD is notorious for changing his mind non-stop when it comes to these things. First, last season was going to be the end (they shot that montage ending and the "Merry Christmas from Larry and the Blacks" scene intending it to be the finale of the series, and it would have been a great one) - then when they announced that a new season was happening, LD said that he was re-upping for "2 to 3 more seasons", now they're speculating that this is the last one. It all goes by Larry's whims - it seems like when he's in the midst of doing the show, he wants out and then when he gets away for a while he gets new ideas and decides he wants to do more.

Cheryl was on a flight. Thought it was going to crash, so she called Larry. He didn't have time to take "her last phone call" because he was dealing with the cable guy. Cheryl had enough, and she dumped Larry, moved out and started dating the "no-fly underwear" guy.Larry started dating Loretta around the same time.That's where we are now. Cheryl dumped the underwear king, and Larry wants her back, but he is stuck with Loretta's cancer situation.
That's right, I forgot about the plane crash phone call. What was his excuse, the cable guy was over? :thumbup:

Haha. Leon was woefully underutilized in this episode. He's one of my favorite characters ever. Somewhere between Paulie Walnuts and Hawkeye Pierce.
:kicksrock: I've been telling anyone who listens that he is easily the best character on TV. "Joe Pepitone in this motha####er!"

Cheryl was on a flight. Thought it was going to crash, so she called Larry. He didn't have time to take "her last phone call" because he was dealing with the cable guy. Cheryl had enough, and she dumped Larry, moved out and started dating the "no-fly underwear" guy.Larry started dating Loretta around the same time.That's where we are now. Cheryl dumped the underwear king, and Larry wants her back, but he is stuck with Loretta's cancer situation.
That's right, I forgot about the plane crash phone call. What was his excuse, the cable guy was over? :kicksrock:
"Tivo guy" - played by Farva from Supertroopers.

:lmao: I've been telling anyone who listens that he is easily the best character on TV.

"Joe Pepitone in this motha####er!"
Leon is awesome. Any scene with him and Larry is an instant classic. Best of.

Loved Larry fidgeting and constantly interrupting in the therapist's office.

Loretta: "It's an African artifact... so what?"

Larry: "DUH!"

:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread