What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM* (1 Viewer)

Still rewatching the series, just finished up season 5.  I know why I didn't love this show when it first came out, the first 2 seasons are just OK.  Some good stuff sure, but you can tell just getting it's feet wet.  LD with alot of awkward scenes with Jeff and Cheryl, they weren't always clicking, and Susie isn't good at all.  I mentioned some of that a couple pages ago I think.  Season 3 it starts to really get going.  The end of that season and 4/5 are off the rip.  Now it's time for the Blacks, which is all sorts of awesomeness.  
I rewatched it this past winter and agree. While seasons 1 & 2 were funny they were nothing compared to the greatness of seasons 3 & 4 and then Leon is introduced.

Another interesting thing I noticed was how similar Crazy Eye Killah was compared to the Leon character.  It's like the told Smoov to watch Crazy's episode and take that to another level.

Started the rewatch, and kinda forgot how much I love this series.  Some of the back and forth quips just have me rolling, especially when you know most were improv.  Just simple things at the beginning where you see the actors crack just a little at a line makes it so worth it. 

maybe too much time has gone by.  Last week I was trying to talk a girl friend of mine into this show, say how funny it was ect ect... That won't get her hooked anyways.

I don't think that episode would get any new fans to watch the show.  But for us who were already fans, this episode was OK, not great, but hopefully will get better.  Richard Lewis looks pretty awful, man does he look old.

If I ranked that episode against all the other episodes, it would be down towards the bottom.  That doesn't mean it wasn't entertaining though.

Kevrunner said:
I don't think that episode would get any new fans to watch the showBut for us who were already fans, this episode was OK, not great, but hopefully will get better.  Richard Lewis looks pretty awful, man does he look old.
yea that's where I was at with it. It was cool to see everyone together again and now that we got that out of the way, it can only go up from here I'm hoping.

I enjoyed it but it was pretty much telegraphed on where it was heading. My favorites are when the link ups of the story line come out of the blue - these weren't.

Not getting the hate, especially if you were a previous fan. Was this one of the best episodes ever? No. Was it far worse than any previous episode? No. 

This was typical Curb. Hit and miss, hilarious at times, cringy at times. Loved it and looking forward to the rest of the season. 

And WTF do you expect? After 6 years, previously old people will look older. David and Lewis are 70 years old---they should look old. 

Convinced the wife to try watching it again with me (she used to, then stopped). 

Within the first 7 minutes, she was like "ok, I'm out". 

Not her cup of tea. I'd imagine many more men watch this show than women. 

But I thought it was a fine start to the new season. All the wonderful negativity and pettiness we've come to love and expect from this show. Oh, and JB Smoove can read a telephone book to me and I'd love it (as long as he puts profanity in between every name). 

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked it. Not perfect and not the best episode ever, but way better than anything else I could have been watching.

I didn't think it was a great episode by CYE standards, but it was still entertaining and I'm glad it's back.

Suzie   :wub:   damn, she still pumps my 'nads - looking gooood   :yes:

i enjoyed it, good to have LD and Lewis back - and working.  

Lesbian bit didn't work. Otherwise show was good. 

The "groom" half of the lesbian part was terrible acting. The haircut storyline never really fit. 

It it was a bit disjointed but other than the above I was laughing my ### off 

Users who are viewing this thread