Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Raider Nation

*CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM*

Recommended Posts

Gonna be sad to watch a season without Bob Einstein :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Captain Cranks said:

Looks prettaaay, prettaaay, prettaaay good to me. 

Susie yelling at Larry might be my favorite interaction in all of TV history.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, General Malaise said:

Susie yelling at Larry might be my favorite interaction in all of TV history.

Yep.  GTFO Larry will never get old.  Still remember when she offered to give him the house tour early on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Susie yelling at Larry might be my favorite interaction in all of TV history.

...which made it all the better when Larry dated Loretta Black and Loretta blasted Susie at the front door. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's funny how much Larry David is a part of my subconsciousness.

  • People aren't supposed to bring their dogs to work. They do. I have to suppress the urge to tell them off.
  • People bring their 9 year olds to R rated films at 10pm, and I want to ask what the heck is wrong with them.
  • One time at a comedy show, these three morons were talking so loud, I turned around and demanded they shut the #### up. 
  • People roll through stop signs, I want to roll down my window and shame them.
  • People text while drive, more than once I've laid on my car horn to hopefully scare them sober.

I think that's why we like Larry: he says the things we all want to say.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jdoggydogg said:

Gonna be sad to watch a season without Bob Einstein :(

True, but as long as Ted Danson and Richard Lewis are there to argue with Larry about the stupidest ####, this will still be good. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

True, but as long as Ted Danson and Richard Lewis are there to argue with Larry about the stupidest ####, this will still be good. 

Oh I'm definitely psyched. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phenomenal season premiere. I cracked up throughout. The New Years thing has been a pet peeve of mine forever. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Laughed out loud numerous times. The Big Goodbye was on feature at family gatherings over the holidays.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So great! Some many excellent schticks and call-backs throughout. Peak form, imo. 

And my wife hated it, so it must’ve been an excellent, ridiculously hilarious episode ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just before they went with the joke with Jeff, I said "wow, he looks like Harvey Weinstein" and my wife commented that he could play him in a movie. Two seconds later...lmao

 

Great premiere. Latte Larry! The MAGA hat was hilarious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wish "Curb" Larry would confront real Larry on the street -

CL: "ehhh, nice premiere, but ... that's enough with Leon already - we get it"

it's tired. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

i wish "Curb" Larry would confront real Larry on the street -

CL: "ehhh, nice premiere, but ... that's enough with Leon already - we get it"

it's tired. 

Agreed. Leon was funny for a while, but it’s like he serves no purpose now except to pop up in a few scenes to launch non-stop profanity. His scenes are always the worst. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, General Malaise said:

Really could have used some Marty Funkhauser.  RIP :(

 

"well, lookie here ... Da Funkman!!"

really miss Dave 🤒

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ghost Rider said:

Agreed. Leon was funny for a while, but it’s like he serves no purpose now except to pop up in a few scenes to launch non-stop profanity. His scenes are always the worst. 

He had the best line of the episode. On why people don't wear MAGA hats backward: if you're going to get your ### beat you want to see it coming

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys can just send all your unappreciated Leon scenes my way. TIA. 

“These are tappin hours”

  • Like 6
  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leon is awesome.

And the reason he is there is because they need scenes for Larry to bounce stuff off of.  It used to be Cheryl, but with them separating, he needed to have someone.  Would be weird if he was just alone in his house talking to himself.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Leon is awesome.

And the reason he is there is because they need scenes for Larry to bounce stuff off of.  It used to be Cheryl, but with them separating, he needed to have someone.  Would be weird if he was just alone in his house talking to himself.  

Exactly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Leon is awesome.

And the reason he is there is because they need scenes for Larry to bounce stuff off of.  It used to be Cheryl, but with them separating, he needed to have someone.  Would be weird if he was just alone in his house talking to himself.  

gee, thanks for explaining why he's there, don't think anyone really knew! :unsure: 

and he's funny why?  he can go snack a bag of Richards.  

 

28 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Exactly

exactly what?

"THEM'S TAPPING HOURS!" is funny?  aysfkm? 

#### him, and #### Larry for keeping him around. 

he hasn't done anything even remotely laughable since the Groat's episode ... he's a steaming pile of "one trick pony"  dung. 

here's hoping Larry's hookup with Cheryl starts to phase this numb nutz out .... good lord he's tedious. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

gee, thanks for explaining why he's there, don't think anyone really knew! :unsure: 

and he's funny why?  he can go snack a bag of Richards.  

 

exactly what?

"THEM'S TAPPING HOURS!" is funny?  aysfkm? 

#### him, and #### Larry for keeping him around. 

he hasn't done anything even remotely laughable since the Groat's episode ... he's a steaming pile of "one trick pony"  dung. 

here's hoping Larry's hookup with Cheryl starts to phase this numb nutz out .... good lord he's tedious. 

I feel like a lot of New Yorkers don't like me.  :lol:

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

I feel like a lot of New Yorkers don't like me.  :lol:

i have no issue with you, good sir ... just the show :hifive:

c'est la vie 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, otb_lifer said:

i have no issue with you, good sir ... just the show :hifive:

c'est la vie 

I know, GB.  I was just making a joke.  No worries.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheIronSheik said:

I feel like a lot of New Yorkers don't like me.  :lol:

I love him :shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When Leon became his assistant last season: "Larry David's office. What the f*** is up?" :lmao:

Edited by The Noid
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shadyridr said:

I love him :shrug:

I love Leon as well. I'm rolling by the stupid, profane interplay between Leon and Larry.

Heck, the opening scene where Larry asks "Areyou happy with your skin color?" And Leon says: "####in' love my color. ####in' mahogany." I was rolling.

Love his energy!

 

signed,

Former NYer

Edited by joey
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, joey said:

I love Leon as well. I'm rolling by the stupid, profane interplay between Leon and Larry.

Heck, the opening scene where Larry asks "Areyou happy with your skin color?" And Leon says: "####in' love my color. ####in' mahogany." I was rolling.

Love his energy!

 

signed,

Former NYer

I wasn't saying New Yorkers don't like HIM.  I was saying they don't like ME.  I was joking around because OTB seemed angry when he replied back to me and shady has been upset with me longer than I realized.  Both from New York.  It was just a joke.

All that said, Leon is the best.  My favorite ever with him was when Tim Meadows called Larry and Leon answered and thought he was making fun of him. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

I wasn't saying New Yorkers don't like HIM.  I was saying they don't like ME.  I was joking around because OTB seemed angry when he replied back to me and shady has been upset with me longer than I realized.  Both from New York.  It was just a joke.

All that said, Leon is the best.  My favorite ever with him was when Tim Meadows called Larry and Leon answered and thought he was making fun of him. :lol:

You have a horrible take about the Astros cheating scandal. I have nothing against you personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

You have a horrible take about the Astros cheating scandal. I have nothing against you personally. 

On the plus side, he has great takes on the many things we misunderstand about Hitler ;) 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh.  The painting of Susie made me laugh when I saw it, but was disappointed that she loved it.  Would have been much better if she hated it from the jump.  Side sitting was dumb.  

The poker game was pretty funny; if a little insensitive to those with cancer.  

Cheryl gets hotter and hotter the older I get.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rita, the law firm receptionist, is Pam (Teri Polo) from Meet the Parents. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wilked said:

Not a standout season so far 

Thought the first episode was funny. Last two have been weaker. Although Leon biting into the fake fruit was pretty funny. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i thought last episode was one of the better of recent vintage .... L.D.'s always been subtle with his politics, and the whole #metoo, and taking down of historical monuments, was satired brilliantly - when he goes bat#### on the Ted Danson "Lee" poster it looked just like the teardown in New Orleans, with Lee hanging askew off the pedestal, as it were.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love this season so far.  Much better than last one.  First ep was especially money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 6:55 AM, wilked said:

Not a standout season so far 

1st and 3rd episodes were classics. 2nd one sucked.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

1st and 3rd episodes were classics. 2nd one sucked.

yeah, i think e3 was as good as it's ever been :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am finally starting to watch the show.  I had never seen it before and am starting with the first season.  Never seen any episodes before a few weeks ago.  I am a huge fan of the show Seinfeld and was expecting something great.  So far there have been some good things, some almost exact copies of Seinfeld storylines, but all in all I haven't been that impressed.  I also don't like that it seems like much of the time people are talking over each other.  This may be part of the improv nature of the show but it seems to get in the way sometimes.  I am most of the way through season 1 but have tapered off because it hasn't pulled me in yet. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.