What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM* (1 Viewer)

I'm glad the Seinfeld cast hasn't dominated the season. It's become more and more evident over time that Larry David was the genius behind that show, not these other people.

I'm glad the Seinfeld cast hasn't dominated the season. It's become more and more evident over time that Larry David was the genius behind that show, not these other people.
I think the Seinfeld cast did a fantastic job putting David's material on screen. But certainly, it's all about Larry David.

I'm glad the Seinfeld cast hasn't dominated the season.
Dominated...agree. But I think more than a 3 second mention in the past two episodes would have been nice. Maybe simply having him try to work out the Cheryl situation while being tangled up in these other plots.

Great show and one of the funniest ever. Larry loves to pick on the handicapped, he went after wheelchairs in Seinfeld too.

I was dying when he went after some chair tang and then tried to ask Leon why nothing happened while he was "performing".

The whole scene with Leon was hilarious

"You shoulda broke that ### in half. You shoulda came home with the bottom half of that ###." :lmao:

I'm glad the Seinfeld cast hasn't dominated the season.
Dominated...agree. But I think more than a 3 second mention in the past two episodes would have been nice. Maybe simply having him try to work out the Cheryl situation while being tangled up in these other plots.
Yeah, I am confused because I thought that Jerry is supposed to be in 5 eps and the rest of the cast in 4? Maybe more than that? It's somewhere in this thread, I think. Which means that the rest of the season will be more about the Seinfeld thing.Past episode was awesome. Anybody ever watch the War at Home on Fox a few years ago with Michael Rappaport? I think that Denise played the wife on that show.Larry bringing Wendy to the concert was one of those moments when there's not really a joke but you should laugh just because you realize the comedic insanity going on. Similar to me as when Larry was approached by the hooker and begins to gaze at the carpool lane. The Fowlers' reaction was great as they were just as stunned about what was going on.

Loved that larry ran onto the stairs so the wheelchair girks couldn't get him. Once he was safe he was talkin #### lmao

I wonder how they went about casting the part of the girl.

Did they say, "okay, we are looking for flabby girls. If you are thin then don't think about auditioning. Seriously."

Did they say, "okay, we are looking for flabby girls. If you are thin then don't think about auditioning. Seriously."
I was thinking the exact same thing....I think an episode on how they cast someone like that would be hilarious.ETA: LD's guest appearance on Hannah Montana link

Last edited by a moderator:
I think with this being the last season (presumably), they've started to use high-production feature film cameras to shoot it. I like the old look better. It also seems like they're trying too hard in sometimes. In the daughter-singing episode, Larry was a straight up ### hole as opposed to the victim of absurd circumstances. Still pretty much the best show going on TV right now though.

Watched the latest last night....that was hilarious. Two great one's in a row. Looks like Jeff, Leon, etc are back next week, so probably less 'feld.

I was thinking the exact same thing....I think an episode on how they cast someone like that would be hilarious.
I had the exact same thought.
Surprisingly easy to do. Put out the word among casting agents you're looking for a "muffin top type" and they'll be sending you hundreds of people. There used to be an "Ugly People Talent Agency" not too long ago, either, if you wanted real freaks of nature.

This was probably the worst episode in the series' history. I did like the muffin-top story. But it occurs to me that the best part of Curb is the supporting cast and their interactions with Larry. But this episode is almost all Larry. And while I find him funny, it's Suzie, Leon, Cheryl, Jeff and Ted that help make the show so good.

This was probably the worst episode in the series' history. I did like the muffin-top story. But it occurs to me that the best part of Curb is the supporting cast and their interactions with Larry. But this episode is almost all Larry. And while I find him funny, it's Suzie, Leon, Cheryl, Jeff and Ted that help make the show so good.
Insanity. That episode was genius.

Insanity. That episode was genius.
I laughed. I always laugh at this show. I just like it when the show has Larry interacting with his friends more often.

Finally watched the latest ep. Meh. Probably the weakest of the season to me. Though Larry's point about the introduction was gold and Andy is always good.

"Your lemonade sucks! I want my dollar back!" :thumbup:

Oh, and what was pro poker player Eric Seidel doing at the restaurant? Just hanging out?

Finally watched the latest ep. Meh. Probably the weakest of the season to me. Though Larry's point about the introduction was gold and Andy is always good.
I actually find Andy to be the character I dislike the most on CYE. In my opinion,he always seems out of his league when it comes to the dialogue in the show.

Solid ep. Michael Richards was good: "If only there was some word I could call you to make you feel like I do now..."

Solid ep. Michael Richards was good: "If only there was some word I could call you to make you feel like I do now..."
one of the funniest episodes IMO. this bit with michael richards was funny, especially with everyone grabbing their phones and recording it.

Leon whiting that #### up was awesome. I doobersteined the #### out of him! There are two things I'm good at. Math and #######.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Larry - Leon interactions may be the best dynamic in all of television. I don't even really care what they're talking about, it's just hilarious.

omg just saw it, best episode ever!

Leon was gold tonight, that line he said was the greatest "larry I told him if he takes off the hat he will die, heh, that's what I told him"

also him asking LD is Jerry was tapping elaine was great

biggamer3 said:
omg just saw it, best episode ever!Leon was gold tonight, that line he said was the greatest "larry I told him if he takes off the hat he will die, heh, that's what I told him"also him asking LD is Jerry was tapping elaine was great
The nod to the oft-heard comment that black people don't watch Seinfeld was genius.Best episode in years. I made my wife stop whatever she was doing and watch the Leon as Duberstein scene.

Concur that Leon was great and the Michael Richards thing was great.

The 9-year-old part was funny when the mother said it, but it seemed really unrealistic when he was talking to the doctor.

I don't know if I'm noticing the lack of realism more or for some reason it is getting more annoying, but that's been a couple times this season.

Concur that Leon was great and the Michael Richards thing was great.The 9-year-old part was funny when the mother said it, but it seemed really unrealistic when he was talking to the doctor.I don't know if I'm noticing the lack of realism more or for some reason it is getting more annoying, but that's been a couple times this season.
The mother was the secretary George slept with and gave a raise to that was more than he made, right?

Concur that Leon was great and the Michael Richards thing was great.The 9-year-old part was funny when the mother said it, but it seemed really unrealistic when he was talking to the doctor.I don't know if I'm noticing the lack of realism more or for some reason it is getting more annoying, but that's been a couple times this season.
The mother was the secretary George slept with and gave a raise to that was more than he made, right?
yes. also on newsradio as the crazy secretary.

agreed, it was a little crazy how far he took that 9 year old storyline. The lunch was a bit too much, he shoulda just had the texting thing in there, but thats LD!would have loved though to see the Soup Nazi in the episode somehow or Kramers Lawyer appear again!

So in the Seinfeld Reunion George made millions creating an iPhone App titled iToilet and lost it all in the Bernie Madoff Ponzi scheme. Jerry donated sperm to Elaine so she could have a child. Anything else?

So in the Seinfeld Reunion George made millions creating an iPhone App titled iToilet and lost it all in the Bernie Madoff Ponzi scheme. Jerry donated sperm to Elaine so she could have a child. Anything else?
He also got divorced from his wife, who was able to keep half of the money that he made from the App, because she took it out of Madoff's hands.I think that George is now trying to re-marry her in order to get the money back, but she wants a pre-nup.

He also got divorced from his wife, who was able to keep half of the money that he made from the App, because she took it out of Madoff's hands.I think that George is now trying to re-marry her in order to get the money back, but she wants a pre-nup.
:lmao: cuz she saw Madoff wearing a quilted jacket with the collar up.

So I gave this show another shot and realized why I never really liked it: Larry David isn't funny. His character isn't funny.

BUT a lot of the other stuff going on is hilarious. The black guy talking to Michael Richards about Crone's was awesome.

So I gave this show another shot and realized why I never really liked it: Larry David isn't funny. His character isn't funny.
One thing I'll say in defense of Larry is his humor does grow on you. The more shows you watch, the more you simultaneously relish and dread the clueless awkwardness of Larry.

Users who are viewing this thread