Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Corte

"Official" Unofficial IDP add/drop thread

I thought I'd take some initiative and encourage people to post their add/drop questions in and individual thread. I think it is better as those kind enough to contribute can simply subscribe to one thread and even receive e-mail notification. It also encourages people to contribute so others will reciprocate. I would recommend including your roster, starting lineup and scoring in quotes so it stands out but people can avoid cluttering replies with stats. Below include a brief description of the situation with your question like so:

QB - Ben Roethlisberger, David Garrard, Kyle OrtonRB - LaDainian Tomlinson, Frank Gore, Clinton Portis, Ronnie Brown, Kevin FaulkWR - Santonio Holmes, Chad Ochocinco, Jericho Cotchery, Justin Gage, Laurent Robinson, Michael JenkinsTE - Jason Witten, Todd HeapK - Stephen GostkowskiTD - Philadelphia Eagles, Green Bay PackersIDP - Jon Beason, Ray Lewis, EJ Henderson, Jared Allen, Yeremiah BellStarting Lineup - 10-man League - QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, R/W/T flex, PK, DEF, IDP flex, DB, DL, LBOffensive Scoring - TDs 7 rush, rec 10/pt return pass 50/pt comp .25 int -3 fum -2 fum lost -2Team Defense - sack 2 int 2 fum rec 2 td 7 safe 3 blk kck 2IDP Scoring - tack 1 asst .5 sack 3 int 3 for fum 2 fum rec 2 td 7 safe 5 pass d 1 blk kck 3

Faulk and or Jenkins would be on the chopping block, my feeling is my WR/RB positions are strong enough that WR6 Jenkins and/or RB5 Faulk could go and likely will sit on the wire with comparable players barring a breakout game. My best bet for increasing production is investing in high risk/reward IDP, best available IDP are:LB - Curtis Lofton, Gary Brackett, Thomas Howard, David HarrisDB - Antrel Rolle, Brandon MerriweatherDE,LB - Aaron Kampman, Chike Okeafor, Elvis DumervilCurrently I am looking at Rolle as he is a clear upgrade to Y. Bell or Kampman as the top DE/LB flex for bye week coverage and injury insurance on Allen though with how shallow the IDP roster is in my 10-man league I may do just as well or better picking up a DE with a solid match up in those events.

I thought I'd take some initiative and encourage people to post their add/drop questions in and individual thread. I think it is better as those kind enough to contribute can simply subscribe to one thread and even receive e-mail notification. It also encourages people to contribute so others will reciprocate. I would recommend including your roster, starting lineup and scoring in quotes so it stands out but people can avoid cluttering replies with stats. Below include a brief description of the situation with your question like so:

QB - Ben Roethlisberger, David Garrard, Kyle OrtonRB - LaDainian Tomlinson, Frank Gore, Clinton Portis, Ronnie Brown, Kevin FaulkWR - Santonio Holmes, Chad Ochocinco, Jericho Cotchery, Justin Gage, Laurent Robinson, Michael JenkinsTE - Jason Witten, Todd HeapK - Stephen GostkowskiTD - Philadelphia Eagles, Green Bay PackersIDP - Jon Beason, Ray Lewis, EJ Henderson, Jared Allen, Yeremiah BellStarting Lineup - 10-man League - QB, 2RB, 3WR, TE, R/W/T flex, PK, DEF, IDP flex, DB, DL, LBOffensive Scoring - TDs 7 rush, rec 10/pt return pass 50/pt comp .25 int -3 fum -2 fum lost -2Team Defense - sack 2 int 2 fum rec 2 td 7 safe 3 blk kck 2IDP Scoring - tack 1 asst .5 sack 3 int 3 for fum 2 fum rec 2 td 7 safe 5 pass d 1 blk kck 3

Faulk and or Jenkins would be on the chopping block, my feeling is my WR/RB positions are strong enough that WR6 Jenkins and/or RB5 Faulk could go and likely will sit on the wire with comparable players barring a breakout game. My best bet for increasing production is investing in high risk/reward IDP, best available IDP are:LB - Curtis Lofton, Gary Brackett, Thomas Howard, David HarrisDB - Antrel Rolle, Brandon MerriweatherDE,LB - Aaron Kampman, Chike Okeafor, Elvis DumervilCurrently I am looking at Rolle as he is a clear upgrade to Y. Bell or Kampman as the top DE/LB flex for bye week coverage and injury insurance on Allen though with how shallow the IDP roster is in my 10-man league I may do just as well or better picking up a DE with a solid match up in those events.
I like the plan with Rolle and Kampman. I'd also consider adding Lofton for Lewis.

I like the plan with Rolle and Kampman. I'd also consider adding Lofton for Lewis.

Top 200 has Lewis as LB19 and EJ Henderson as LB28 so why not ditch Henderson? Trouble with Lofton currently is I'd have him and Beason off week 4, I am definitely keeping any eye on him and scooping him up after the bye week if I can. Bell has a better week than Rolle who then goes on bye so no hurry to pick him up. Kampman I like because of the flex gimmick obviously but am seriously wondering if it is worth considering yet since the bye he'd cover is Allen's in 9 which is far off. Finally Trent Cole was dropped in my league, damn shame we don't have a few more IDP spots.

Top 200 has Lewis as LB19 and EJ Henderson as LB28 so why not ditch Henderson? Trouble with Lofton currently is I'd have him and Beason off week 4, I am definitely keeping any eye on him and scooping him up after the bye week if I can. Bell has a better week than Rolle who then goes on bye so no hurry to pick him up. Kampman I like because of the flex gimmick obviously but am seriously wondering if it is worth considering yet since the bye he'd cover is Allen's in 9 which is far off. Finally Trent Cole was dropped in my league, damn shame we don't have a few more IDP spots.
:kicksrock: I'm trying to figure out who your leaguemates do have rostered.Despite the similar run defense strengths, the Ravens have restricted their own tackle opportunity much more than the Vikings over the past two seasons. I think Henderson's big play profile is similar and he'll be a little less sensitive to tackle volatility issues. I've always pushed Henderson hard, though, so it's probably more a slight personal bias in his favor than any strong feeling against Lewis. I think both are low level LB1s.

:bs: I'm trying to figure out who your leaguemates do have rostered.Despite the similar run defense strengths, the Ravens have restricted their own tackle opportunity much more than the Vikings over the past two seasons. I think Henderson's big play profile is similar and he'll be a little less sensitive to tackle volatility issues. I've always pushed Henderson hard, though, so it's probably more a slight personal bias in his favor than any strong feeling against Lewis. I think both are low level LB1s.

I'd be happy to list em if you like, you're right to laugh. In all fairness it is not a hardcore league for a lot of money and I would be just as terrible or worse with IDP if I didn't have my FBG subscription. There is a lot more complexity to knowing who will perform and why I think. The person who dropped Trent Cole grabbed Antwan Odom after his big game week 2, which is something stupid that I would have done last year knowing nothing about IDP.I appreciate your opinion and I clearly don't know enough about defensive setups to understand the value of opportunity for tackles. I would note Lewis had an impressive week against San Diego and showed he has the drive to succeed by steamrolling Sproles in the backfield on the final play.I guess I'm giving it another week or two to see if anything changes my situation. I wonder if there is any value in trading for superior IDP, the roster-size for it is so shallow that I'm not sure but if there is we know at least some of my league's owners are not smart about IDP.

I appreciate your opinion and I clearly don't know enough about defensive setups to understand the value of opportunity for tackles. I would note Lewis had an impressive week against San Diego and showed he has the drive to succeed by steamrolling Sproles in the backfield on the final play.I guess I'm giving it another week or two to see if anything changes my situation. I wonder if there is any value in trading for superior IDP, the roster-size for it is so shallow that I'm not sure but if there is we know at least some of my league's owners are not smart about IDP.

Whelp Lewis put up a whole 3 tackles for me while I benched a supposedly injured EJ Henderson who netted 13! Didn't take long for you to prove me wrong Jene. So essentially the same team as before and I'm considering picking up another IDP since I have to drop Robinson and here are the players I am considering:Curtis Lofton (Atl - LB)David Harris (NYJ - LB)Roman Harper (NO - S)Brandon Meriweather (NE - S)Trent Cole (Phi - DE)Charles Tillman(Chi - CB) Lofton had a great week but sustaining 19 tackles seems unlikely, Harris has jumped ahead of my other LBs in the rankings as well. I think I can't do better than Allen at DE but Trent Cole is second only to him. Yeremiah Bell seems to be dropping off and I'm leaning more towards Harper than Tillman or Meriweather due to his higher amount of solo tackles.

I appreciate your opinion and I clearly don't know enough about defensive setups to understand the value of opportunity for tackles. I would note Lewis had an impressive week against San Diego and showed he has the drive to succeed by steamrolling Sproles in the backfield on the final play.I guess I'm giving it another week or two to see if anything changes my situation. I wonder if there is any value in trading for superior IDP, the roster-size for it is so shallow that I'm not sure but if there is we know at least some of my league's owners are not smart about IDP.

Whelp Lewis put up a whole 3 tackles for me while I benched a supposedly injured EJ Henderson who netted 13! Didn't take long for you to prove me wrong Jene. So essentially the same team as before and I'm considering picking up another IDP since I have to drop Robinson and here are the players I am considering:Curtis Lofton (Atl - LB)David Harris (NYJ - LB)Roman Harper (NO - S)Brandon Meriweather (NE - S)Trent Cole (Phi - DE)Charles Tillman(Chi - CB) Lofton had a great week but sustaining 19 tackles seems unlikely, Harris has jumped ahead of my other LBs in the rankings as well. I think I can't do better than Allen at DE but Trent Cole is second only to him. Yeremiah Bell seems to be dropping off and I'm leaning more towards Harper than Tillman or Meriweather due to his higher amount of solo tackles.
Looks like Lofton will still be off limits (for Lewis) given the bye week issue, but I still think that's a smart move and I'd target him next week. Harris and Lewis are similar plays this week; I think holding Lewis in this matchup is probably the way I'd go. I'd hold Allen over Cole. And I strongly disagree that Bell has fallen off. A DB with a 5+ solo/week average is almost always a top five play. Bell could've done better against the SD matchup had the Chargers been able to run the ball. Now, with the QB situation an issue, Bell's value should stay high. I like Harper, but Bell is my #1 DB moving forward.

Looks like Lofton will still be off limits (for Lewis) given the bye week issue, but I still think that's a smart move and I'd target him next week. Harris and Lewis are similar plays this week; I think holding Lewis in this matchup is probably the way I'd go. I'd hold Allen over Cole. And I strongly disagree that Bell has fallen off. A DB with a 5+ solo/week average is almost always a top five play. Bell could've done better against the SD matchup had the Chargers been able to run the ball. Now, with the QB situation an issue, Bell's value should stay high. I like Harper, but Bell is my #1 DB moving forward.

With a finite amount of moves when I discuss adds/drops I am thinking long term. I will likely drop Laurent Robinson for Lofton this week to avoid spending my waiver priority to get him. Allen over Cole definitely but if he sits in free agency still around week 8 I'll snatch him for Allen's bye week. Some great points about Bell who I will definitely be keeping at least until his bye in week 6, will keep an eye on Harper for that sub. Thanks again for the help :goodposting:.

New week new question for you Jene! Top 200 for S/CB dropped Bell a number of spots this week, topping is Erik Coleman, next with best projection this week is Quentin Mikell. I like Mikell for the better numbers this week and both have byes that was past. Other is dropping Allen for Trent Cole who has a better projection this week and is done with his bye too.

New week new question for you Jene! Top 200 for S/CB dropped Bell a number of spots this week, topping is Erik Coleman, next with best projection this week is Quentin Mikell. I like Mikell for the better numbers this week and both have byes that was past. Other is dropping Allen for Trent Cole who has a better projection this week and is done with his bye too.

Allen is the #1 overall DL. I'm a huge Cole fan, but I'd rather have Allen.Bell, Mikell, Coleman in the long term for me, with Mikell closer to Bell than Coleman is to Mikell. I don't care much for Mikell's matchup this week and his projection is heavily big play biased. Bell's projection isn't far behind Mikell's and his tackle matchup is much better.