Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the moops

the moops wedding songs playlist.

49 posts in this topic

Figured it would a bunch of Phish, Crosby stills and nash and maybe some mammas and pappas

I love California Stars. So chill. Great pick, Moops.

Figured it would a bunch of Phish, Crosby stills and nash and maybe some mammas and pappas

:rolleyes:

Thought for a minute these were links to mp3s. Got excited for a minute. :moneybag:

Getting married in April. Thanks for reminding me I need to start working on my play list.

I'm sure your parents, your wife's parent, assorted grandparents and anyone above the age of about 35, who is in attendence will be so happy that there isn't more than a few songs that they've ever heard of. :lol:

Haven't heard of that one.

Oh, INXS. They suck.

What no "Celebration" or "YMCA"? What song is old aunt Flo gonna kick her shoes off and dance around in her stockings to?

What no "Celebration" or "YMCA"? What song is old aunt Flo gonna kick her shoes off and dance around in her stockings to?

Aunt Flo is in town? That sure takes some of the fun out of the wedding night.

Aunt Flo is in town? That sure takes some of the fun out of the wedding night.
Well she seems to visit our house about every other week.

We get it, you're quirky and eclectic. You both took a new name...

but if the open bar doesn't run the full 4 hours, everyone but you, your bride and a few stalwarts in the wedding party are gone in 1.5 with this playlist.

You're going to need some Electric Slide, Cupid Slide, YMCA, Hokey Pokey and Hot, Hot, Hot and some other group dances to keep people up and going.

We get it, you're quirky and eclectic. You both took a new name...but if the open bar doesn't run the full 4 hours, everyone but you, your bride and a few stalwarts in the wedding party are gone in 1.5 with this playlist.You're going to need some Electric Slide, Cupid Slide, YMCA, Hokey Pokey and Hot, Hot, Hot and some other group dances to keep people up and going.

:goodposting: The wedding already happened.Open bar for 6.5 hours. Everyone had a blast.

Haven't heard of that one.Haven't heard of that one. Haven't heard of that one. Haven't heard of that one. Haven't heard of that one. Oh, INXS. They suck.Haven't heard of that one. Haven't heard of that one.

A good reminder of another person with limited musical taste.

nice list :goodposting:did you have fun??

Thanks again for all the suggestions. :thumbup:

A white friend of mine walked into his reception with his bride, groomsmen, and her bridesmaids with "Make It Rain" blasting. They were all throwing monopoly money too.

It was kinda funny seeing the faces of all the older folks unfamiliar with the brilliance of Lil Wayne.

We get it, you're quirky and eclectic. You both took a new name...

but if the open bar doesn't run the full 4 hours, everyone but you, your bride and a few stalwarts in the wedding party are gone in 1.5 with this playlist.

You're going to need some Electric Slide, Cupid Slide, YMCA, Hokey Pokey and Hot, Hot, Hot and some other group dances to keep people up and going.

:lmao:

The wedding already happened.

Open bar for 6.5 hours. Everyone had a blast.

Well of course they did.

:thumbup: for that call...and congrats again.

Haven't heard of that one.Haven't heard of that one. Haven't heard of that one. Haven't heard of that one. Haven't heard of that one. Oh, INXS. They suck.Haven't heard of that one. Haven't heard of that one.

A good reminder of another person with limited musical taste.
Don't feel bad. Try listening to some popular groups like Van Halen and Aerosmith and you'll do better next time. :lmao:

We get it, you're quirky and eclectic. You both took a new name...but if the open bar doesn't run the full 4 hours, everyone but you, your bride and a few stalwarts in the wedding party are gone in 1.5 with this playlist.You're going to need some Electric Slide, Cupid Slide, YMCA, Hokey Pokey and Hot, Hot, Hot and some other group dances to keep people up and going.

Exactly what I was thinking. This is a "hey look at my musical tastes" playlist, not a dance set for a wedding. Not that I would have advocated for the Chicken Dance or the usual campy crap but no one can dance to half of that indie set list.

Exactly what I was thinking. This is a "hey look at my musical tastes" playlist, not a dance set for a wedding. Not that I would have advocated for the Chicken Dance or the usual campy crap but no one can dance to half of that indie set list.
The 100 or so people on the dance floor disagree. :lmao:

This is a "hey look at my musical tastes" playlist, not a dance set for a wedding.

It was my wedding.Why would I not play music that I like?

This is a "hey look at my musical tastes" playlist, not a dance set for a wedding.

You open the bar for 6 hours, you do what you want.

:pickle: With a 6 hour open bar, he could play the collected works of Insane Clown Posse and I'd be there until closing.

:thumbdown: With a 6 hour open bar, he could play the collected works of Insane Clown Posse and I'd be there until closing.
It was actually closer to 7 hours. :confused: Ceremony only lasted 8 minutes. Started at 4:05, ended at 4:13. Glasses of prosecco were served immediately. Bar opened at the theater next door at 4:30. Ended at 11.

I'm sure your parents, your wife's parent, assorted grandparents and anyone above the age of about 35, who is in attendence will be so happy that there isn't more than a few songs that they've ever heard of. :lmao:

Well, I'm 35. The wife is 28. Most of our friends are between the ages of 25 and 40.Most of the old folks didn't make it. I'm from Boston, the lady is from Reno. Apparently people over the age of 40 dont like Minneapolis or something. There were probably 15 guests that were 50+. I did toss in some songs I wasn't too keen on, but ones that were requested by a few old timers.

Might be the only wedding ever with multiple !!! songsCongrats, glad it went well

:bag: Congrats. Between the music list and the 8-minute ceremony, sounds like it was a fun wedding, unlike most.

Do people really create their own playlists for the wedding reception? I recall making some suggestions to the deejay but mainly letting them make the call since that's what they're paid to do. We had a two great deejays and I couldn't have even come close to entertaining the crowd as well as they did. Not a knock at all Moops...just a question. Congrats on your wedding.