What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Modern Family Thread (1 Viewer)

Wyld Stallyns

Footballguy
Did a search, didn't see a thread for this new show. Anyone watching this?

It's on right now, but I'm barely watching it. Seems so-so, doubt it'll last - but what I have noticed is that Al Bundy's wife is AMAZING. The dweeb guy's wife is a winner as well, but if pressed to pick I think I'd have to go with Bundy's. Definite step up from Peg.

Last edited by a moderator:
His son in law is pretty funny. This is a pretty good show. Pilot was the best episode but still going strong.

Anybody else watching this show?

I think it is the funniest show out there besides Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

The song last night was hysterical. I mean anybody could have seen it coming, but the reactions around the room were perfect.

Anybody else watching this show?I think it is the funniest show out there besides Always Sunny in Philadelphia.The song last night was hysterical. I mean anybody could have seen it coming, but the reactions around the room were perfect.
Agreed, Always Sunny is probably the king of comedies nowadays, but this is pretty damn good/funny. Very few shows induce a true LOL, but this is one of them.

Anybody else watching this show?I think it is the funniest show out there besides Always Sunny in Philadelphia.The song last night was hysterical. I mean anybody could have seen it coming, but the reactions around the room were perfect.
It made it 10 times better when everyone was singing it to themselves the next day. :unsure:

Great show. I loved this exchange on this week's show:

Sofie Vergara: "I'm going to take a shower. Wanna join?"

Al Bundy: "Honey, there's a gun in the garage. Shoot me with it if I ever say no to that question."

I'm sure Ed O'Neill is thrilled that he keeps getting called by the name of a character from a show that has been off the air for twelve years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great show. I loved this exchange on this week's show:Sofie Vergara: "I'm going to take a shower. Wanna join?"Al Bundy: "Honey, there's a gun in the garage. Shoot me with it if I ever say no to that question."
I liked the cat fight and the guy jumping in saying 'I got Gloria'

The first time I saw her in a regular movie/TV was when she played the girlfriend in Four Brothers. But the REAL first time I ever saw her was when my brother and I used to watch the show Fuera de Serie. It was on Telemundo, hosted by Sofia V and some dude Fernando Fiore. The show looked like sort of like Wild On but in Spanish, though it preceded Wild On. And was entirely in Spanish so I don't really know what it was about. And it was more obvious with what the point of the show was.

Best. Show. Ever.

My new favorite comedy. I have laughed out loud more watching two episodes of this than I think any other tv series in past few years.

Flashfoward and Modern Family are two of the best shows to enter prime time on a non cable channel in the last 10 years. I haven't watched a sitcom or drama outside of cable in probably the same amount of time, and these two shows have me hooked.

Ed O'neill doesn't get enough credit, guy is and always has been a really good actor.

Hilarious episode last night.

Cameron just kills it everytime.

Sofia Vergara is simply stunning.

The blonde daughter (also hot) was apparently on Lost as "Sarah". Cant place exactly who that was on that show.

Julie Bowen is the actress' name.

7 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

7 Members: That Little Voice, The_Burning_Bush, Emerson Biggens, Ralph Wiggum, Shakespeare, The Cereal Killer, jhexel

Sofia Vergara reference..

I did a search but this did not come up. I said this last week in this thread

Link

AcerFC said:
Sorry if this is a Honda but I searched Modern Family, Official Modern Family and Ed Oneil and nothing came back

My wife and I have been catching up on this show since we have them DVRed.

We watched the episode last night where Shelly Long plays the mom and comes back to reconcile. I could not stop laughing. The song the boyfriend sung and then the fact that everyone was singing it the day after had me laughing for a good 5 minutes and makes me chuckle thinking about it.

So far, so good for this show. If you have not seen it, see if you could watch that episode online somewhere. I dont think you will be disappointed.

The blonde daughter (also hot) was apparently on Lost as "Sarah". Cant place exactly who that was on that show.

Julie Bowen is the actress' name.
Sarah is Jack Shepard's ex-wife. She wasn't on Flight 815, but showed up in some of Jack's flashbacks and flashforwards that took place in LA. Before Lost, she was on Ed as Ed's love interest, Carol.
you might remember her in a movie with Adam Sandler and Bob Barker too... go to your happy place.

What do I have to do?

Give back the jewelery?

Phil and Wife: No No

How about this? [takes off bracelet]

Phil and Wife: No No

I take off my fancy dress?

Phil: :(

this show's writers are just killing it every week. i said in another thread that the pilot episode was practically perfect. perhaps the best sitcom pilot since The Wonder Years

This is my new favorite sitcom. I love how Phil has a thing for Jay's (Ed O'neill) wife.
Phil might be my favorite character on tv right now.
:thumbup:I hated him at first because he's just SOOO pathetic... But then I realized that's exactly what makes him awesome.
:hijacked: His dialog with his daughter and her boyfriend is awesome. He crashes and burns hard every time.
I agree that he is one of my favorites. Top spot goes to Barney Stinson though

Julie Bowen :wub:
:shrug: to JulieThis show has been perfect to date - Phil shooting the daughter's boyfriend with the paintball gun; Carol and Manny at the mall; Cameron at the tiny tots exercise class; Cameron and Al Bundy and the football game. If I could get this, Big Bang Theory, Office and 30 Rock in a single network block it would make TV watching a lot simpler.

Great show. Best new comedy to come out in a while. I'd say Philly has a higher comedic ceiling but it's floor is much lower than Modern Family which has been consistently great so far.

this show's writers are just killing it every week. i said in another thread that the pilot episode was practically perfect. perhaps the best sitcom pilot since The Wonder Years
i caught it for the first time last night. i liked what i saw. it reminds me of a less absurd, less random version of "arrested development".

i caught it for the first time last night. i liked what i saw. it reminds me of a less absurd, less random version of "arrested development".
Woah, woah. Arrested Development was the best show on tv. Modern Family has the same type of feel and has been excellent thus far. But it has a long way to go to come close to the comedic genius that is Arrested Development.

Woah, woah. Arrested Development was the best show on tv. Modern Family has the same type of feel and has been excellent thus far. But it has a long way to go to come close to the comedic genius that is Arrested Development.
i am not comparing directly comparing it to "AD" beyond the fact that taps a similar vein of quirky family comedy.

Love this show. We love Big Bang Theory but I think Modern Family might have jumped right over it as best comedy.

Incredible writing and cast.

and who doesn't love to see Al Bundy in a great new show!

Users who are viewing this thread